Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 36 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

+87
Nirgall
gervinho's forehead
cyberman
bloodless
arigle
Art Morte
milanfan7
McLewis
harhar11
RuthlesGangstaDef:villin
Lord Spencer
sukrut23
CBarca
johniet
fatman123
Ganso
CaseyBoi
Lord Awesome
cheesy
LeVersacci
ToEy
II Capitano
delaurentishotz
Adit
Doc
donttreadonred
Highburied
Senor Penguin
julias
Zealous
Guiltybystander
FalcaoPunch
Sushi Master
Onyx
JAY-Z
BarrileteCosmico
RedOranje
Yeezus
pasquale22
mr-r34
Artemis
kiranr
IAmManUnited
Albiceleste
jibers
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Nishankly
Seth
honduran09
Red Alert
pUsHa
paddy
rsinatra
everest1
urbaNRoots
SoloInter
Deathrow898
Grande_Milano
halamadrid2
Seppuku
punkfusion1992
aleumdance
Aensensen
DRK
Nirgal
the xcx
Be/\/ceCALI
RealGunner
che
aunshi
El Chelsea Fuerte
elm_baraja_shaman
azzurres
Vibe
poolsupporter
Raptorgunner
Swanhends
RED
Le Samourai
Abramovich
EarlyPrototype
aford92
FennecFox7
Potential
TheRedStag
justdoit_
Arquitecto
91 posters

Page 36 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Go down

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 36 Empty Re: Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

Post by RedOranje Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:07 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:RedOranje, that's the impression I, and a lot of people, get. LFC players and staff knew that Saurez admitted to calling Evra a "negro", yet they backed him in a way to say 'hey, we are not gonna let a United player do this to our most important player'.

It's their in black and white, the FA have released all the evidence except for the video (a video in which they have camera angles that were not broadcast on TV, showing Saurez offending and pinching Evra).

The only bearing United have on this case, and for that matter, Liverpool, is that their players were involved. This makes it a high profile case. None of the Liverpool players nor staff said anything about Evra being a United player. The only ones making this a Liverpool v United matter are some sets of fans who take the rivalry too far and some media outlets trying to sell tabloids.

EarlyPrototype wrote:An innocent person does not need to change their story multiple times over their statement.

Suarez seems to have changed it a few times. hmm
An ignorant view formed by too many tv dramas, I'm afraid.

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 36 Empty Re: Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:08 pm

Not even my view. If you read the whole thing you can clearly see that they pointed that Suarez changed it a few times. Why would someone change their story?
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:15 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Not even my view. If you read the whole thing you can clearly see that they pointed that Suarez changed it a few times. Why would someone change their story?
They suggest that Suarez's story to Comolli and Kuyt was different from what he told the panel... this could happen for a few reasons... translation from Spanish to Dutch to English in Kuyt's case... miscommunication for any/call... an error in recollection by any party involved... and a person being nervous at being questioned on such an incident. People wholly uninvolved in a crime will often give poor testimony in interviews. It's a common occurrence and a large part of the reason word-of-mouth reports are not seen as enough evidence in courts of law.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:19 pm

RedOranje wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Not even my view. If you read the whole thing you can clearly see that they pointed that Suarez changed it a few times. Why would someone change their story?
They suggest that Suarez's story to Comolli and Kuyt was different from what he told the panel... this could happen for a few reasons... translation from Spanish to Dutch to English in Kuyt's case... miscommunication for any/call... an error in recollection by any party involved... and a person being nervous at being questioned on such an incident. People wholly uninvolved in a crime will often give poor testimony in interviews. It's a common occurrence and a large part of the reason word-of-mouth reports are not seen as enough evidence in courts of law.

I don't think it has anything to do with that you said. Not talking about the consistency of the statements of the different parties.

FA's case:

6. He also changed his story to include the fact that Evra started it by saying "Don't touch me, sudamericano" yet this was not present in the earlier reports submitted by the referee, only subsequently after Suarez have viewed the game highlights and have to be interviewed by the FA. This looked like he is changing his story to suit his actions and it does not dwell well on him.

Suarez himself.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:24 pm

That point was addressed by the previous Liverpool statement.

It is also worth point out that Evra's recollection of events immediately following the event do not match with his later points... though that has been glossed over in the FA's report.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:27 pm

In any case, it is clear that people have made up their own minds on this issue (or had them made up for them) and that continued discussion will do nothing to chance this. Further discussion will, in all likelihood only serve to antagonise certain elements into more volatile and unwelcome comments.

As such, this is my last post on the subject for a time and I would recommend that some others do the same.

This saga will continue to run for a long while, I'm certain. You'll all have plenty of chances to get your opinion out.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:29 pm

ridiculous how the old fa is out to get him nonsense is still there when this was handled by an impartial, 3rd body review.
ridiculous how the one word v another is still there when lfc own lawyer rejected this notion.
now its the medias fault

this is mind boggling... are we back to evra lying again?

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:34 pm

I think Evra is taking this too far, its football you say things in the heat of the moment that you dont mean, I am sure Suarez has been called worst things and he did not cry like Evra.

Has the ban started yet? I hope he gets to play vs city.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:39 pm

Suarez admits to calling Evra 'negro' repeatedly, the report establishes the number at seven times. Not the word 'negrito' (which has been bandied about as fact). The panel actually even questioned Javier Hernandez due to the fact that he called his friend 'negrito' and Hernandez admitted that it can be used as a friendly term in very specific circumstances, even though it was not the actual term used. - When Evra asked Suarez why he was kicked, the reply was, "because you're black" ("Porque tu eres negro''). This is consistent from Evra and Dirk Kuyt's testimony. Then Evra asked him to repeat what he said and threatened to punch him, Suarez responded with, "I don't speak to blacks." Evra threatened to hit him again and Suarez replied with, "Ok, blackie, blackie, blackie" ("Dale, negro negro negro"). Suarez defence of cultural context was not accepted by the panel due to the context of the situation and 'was unfriendly and was used as part of Mr Suarez's attempt to wind up Mr Evra'.-

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:40 pm

At some point in this confrontation, Suarez also claimed that the reason he pinched Evra to 'defuse the situation'. The panel decided that pinching someone's skin while calling them 'blackie' was probably not an intention to diffuse the situation. This was accepted by Liverpool's representative who "accepted in his closing submissions that the pinching could not reasonably be described as an attempt to defuse the situation."

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:40 pm

- Suarez apparently had told Comolli and Dalglish that he told Evra, "because you're black". Dalglish told Marriner, Comolli told Dowd. But these three versions are not consistent so two of them are not telling the truth. Suarez revised his version after Comolli's testimony. This is probably why he has been described as 'inconsistent' andd 'unreliable'. Comolli apparently even spelt out the exact phrase for Dowd to write down, but Comolli disputes Dowd and Marriner's testimony and what Dowd wrote down. Whichever version is the truth, we are sure that Dalglish and Comolli were aware that Suarez called Evra a 'negro'.- Suarez claimed that Evra called him a 'South American' (not the term derogatory term 'sudaca' which was mentioned in many press reports), the panel could not find any corroborating evidence. Evra was bemused when this allegation was put to him and asked, "What's the point?". He didn't see calling someone a 'South American' as an insult and therefore denies that he would've said that.

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:41 pm

There were also media reports that Evra asked Marriner "Is it because I'm black?" when receiving a yellow card. This is not true. - There was additional TV footage supplied that was not aired, this was also used as evidence to corroborate different versions of the incidents.

.....,but its the media......

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:42 pm

I don't think someone who says

"I don't speak to a negro"

meant it in a friendly manner, not after he himself admitted negro means "dark skinned people in Uruguay Spanish" [which is evident]

Suarez knew whatever he was doing and he had intent...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:44 pm

after all that has come out, I am still at a loss where all the multitude Suarez defenders a few weeks back are now...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:36 pm

elmystique wrote:after all that has come out, I am still at a loss where all the multitude Suarez defenders a few weeks back are now...

3 fans have already posted.
And the others havent even come online once after the statement was released.

You should seriously write this is on your resume. You think this is a big feat.

Anyways, The player has let us down, The club supported him and he fraked up in front of the court. The arguments and all the opinions explained to you 884488382 times still stand, OK?

And for the record, The FA clearly mention that they assume which event is more probable, So the holes are still there in the statement. I will react to them too, if My club follows them up, risking Suarez for Jan and the crucial month of Feb.

But Suarez has let the club and its fans down nonetheless.

And elmystique, A fan will defend the player until his club defends him. Keep that in mind. None of us our supporting a racist. Liverpool FC gave Suarez their full support. If the club gives its full support in an event of such magnitude, The fans will come to defend him whether they know the truth or not.

I hope you understand this.

Last edited by Nishank on Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:53 pm

cyberman? Congratulations on the game vs basel.
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:16 am

I think Cyber may be mad hmm
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:25 am

elmystique wrote:after all that has come out, I am still at a loss where all the multitude Suarez defenders a few weeks back are now...

Lol, can't believe how personal you've made this. To the point where you want to rub it in our faces as if you were right all along.

Secondly, some of us have a life outside of this forum.

I urge a lot of you to read the full report, and if you have done so, do it again. It's ridiculous how they've come to decision in this case. I'm still holding my final judgement, but as of now, it's still the same. That entire report is laughable.

poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:21 pm

elmystique wrote:I don't think someone who says

"I don't speak to a negro"

meant it in a friendly manner, not after he himself admitted negro means "dark skinned people in Uruguay Spanish" [which is evident]

Suarez knew whatever he was doing and he had intent...

I don't see how, you can attempt to hold you head up after what's gone on in this thread.

Nothing has changed as far as I'm concerned. It is a he said, she said case with no evidence against Suarez. You are still saying things which you cannot prove such as "Suarez knew...."

From what I understand he admitted to using the word "negro" once. I believe Evra's version of events is the greatest load of bullshit.

Now I haven't read the full report yet as I've been partying and I don't think its the sort of thing I want to read now in my hungover state.

But from the part I've read so far it seems like the greatest pile of dung.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gervinho's forehead Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:38 pm

that rascist idiot grinds my gears when he walks on the pitch especially after what he did at the world cup
gervinho's forehead
gervinho's forehead
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:37 pm

Here is the 115 page FA's evidence document summarised:

Key points summarised

- Kenny Dalglish trying to sway Marriner and Dowd from the start by saying “hasn’t he done this before?”. Patrice Evra has never made claims of racism against someone, unfounded or otherwise.

- To add further weight to Dalglish’s point, Dirk Kuyt falsely claimed that Evra was telling people he had only been booked by the referee because he was black. The commission found this to be entirely untrue.

- Dalglish claimed that Suarez had been “taunted” by Evra, suggesting that Suarez’s response of “you are black” was following Evra saying “you are South American.” If this was true, Suarez wasn’t using the word “negro” in a friendly way at all, rather as an insult. Regardless, Suarez confirmed that being called “South American” was not an insult.

- Comoli stressed he knew how serious the allegations were so being fluent in Spanish wanted to make sure they had their story straight on what Suarez had said. After speaking to Suarez, he then went to tell Marriner and Dowd Suarez’s version. There was no mention of Suarez calling Evra “negro” in response to Evra telling him not to touch him though, which is what his defence later hinged on. They initially claimed Suarez said “you are black” then in the next set of interviews, Suarez claimed he said “why not, black?” after Evra told him not to touch him.

- Suarez claimed that he did not call Evra a negro when they were in the goal mouth, rather after the referee had called them over to speak to them and he then touched Evra. However, his version of events contradicts the testimony of Evra and referee. Evra says that as soon as the referee called them over, Evra reported the racial abuse he had just received, and the referee confirmed this.

- Suarez initially claimed that he pinched Evra on the arm to “defuse the situation”. When he was cross examined, he admitted this was not true.

- The first time Suarez claimed that his use of the word “negro” was “conciliatory” was after the reports from the language experts were made available, where they claimed if the word “negro” was used in a “conciliatory” way, it wouldn’t be regarded as racist in Uruguay.

- Suarez’s defence claim that Evra made up Suarez saying he kicked him because he was black and that he didn’t talk to blacks. They claim that because Suarez had kicked Evra in the knee, Evra wanted revenge, so fabricated the whole story. This means they are suggesting that Evra feigned outrage after his exchange with Suarez and lied to the referee, that he lied to Giggs on the pitch when he asked him what was the matter, and that he lied to Valencia, Chichartio, Nani, Anderson and Sir Alex Ferguson in the dressing room immediately after the game. The commission rejected the defence’s suggestion that the accusations were just an elaborate plot for Evra to get revenge on Suarez for being kicked.

- Comolli claimed that after the game Evra went to Canal+ and demanded that he was allowed to report the racial abuse he had just received. The journalist who interviewed Evra confirmed this opposite of this was true, and that Evra knew the journalist well and he could tell that he was upset. Evra told the journalist off the record what had happened, but the journalist confirmed he asked the question when Evra was being filmed regardless.

How Liverpool fans or anyone else can defend this racist scumbag is beyond me.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:41 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:Here is the 115 page FA's evidence document summarised:

Key points summarised

- Kenny Dalglish trying to sway Marriner and Dowd from the start by saying “hasn’t he done this before?”. Patrice Evra has never made claims of racism against someone, unfounded or otherwise.

- To add further weight to Dalglish’s point, Dirk Kuyt falsely claimed that Evra was telling people he had only been booked by the referee because he was black. The commission found this to be entirely untrue.

- Dalglish claimed that Suarez had been “taunted” by Evra, suggesting that Suarez’s response of “you are black” was following Evra saying “you are South American.” If this was true, Suarez wasn’t using the word “negro” in a friendly way at all, rather as an insult. Regardless, Suarez confirmed that being called “South American” was not an insult.

- Comoli stressed he knew how serious the allegations were so being fluent in Spanish wanted to make sure they had their story straight on what Suarez had said. After speaking to Suarez, he then went to tell Marriner and Dowd Suarez’s version. There was no mention of Suarez calling Evra “negro” in response to Evra telling him not to touch him though, which is what his defence later hinged on. They initially claimed Suarez said “you are black” then in the next set of interviews, Suarez claimed he said “why not, black?” after Evra told him not to touch him.

- Suarez claimed that he did not call Evra a negro when they were in the goal mouth, rather after the referee had called them over to speak to them and he then touched Evra. However, his version of events contradicts the testimony of Evra and referee. Evra says that as soon as the referee called them over, Evra reported the racial abuse he had just received, and the referee confirmed this.

- Suarez initially claimed that he pinched Evra on the arm to “defuse the situation”. When he was cross examined, he admitted this was not true.

- The first time Suarez claimed that his use of the word “negro” was “conciliatory” was after the reports from the language experts were made available, where they claimed if the word “negro” was used in a “conciliatory” way, it wouldn’t be regarded as racist in Uruguay.

- Suarez’s defence claim that Evra made up Suarez saying he kicked him because he was black and that he didn’t talk to blacks. They claim that because Suarez had kicked Evra in the knee, Evra wanted revenge, so fabricated the whole story. This means they are suggesting that Evra feigned outrage after his exchange with Suarez and lied to the referee, that he lied to Giggs on the pitch when he asked him what was the matter, and that he lied to Valencia, Chichartio, Nani, Anderson and Sir Alex Ferguson in the dressing room immediately after the game. The commission rejected the defence’s suggestion that the accusations were just an elaborate plot for Evra to get revenge on Suarez for being kicked.

- Comolli claimed that after the game Evra went to Canal+ and demanded that he was allowed to report the racial abuse he had just received. The journalist who interviewed Evra confirmed this opposite of this was true, and that Evra knew the journalist well and he could tell that he was upset. Evra told the journalist off the record what had happened, but the journalist confirmed he asked the question when Evra was being filmed regardless.

Didn't Evra say that he didn't think Suarez was racist?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:54 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:Here is the 115 page FA's evidence document summarised:

Key points summarised

Lol, do you really want me start ripping apart the report in favor of our club?

Evra claims to the FA that he was called 'negro' 5 times. He claims to Canal+ that it was 10 times. When asked about it, he claims it was a 'figure of speech'. Yeah, apparently only figure of speeches apply to Evra, the United player.

The linguistic experts claim that when the situation is followed from Evra's statements, Suarez used racist language. When the statements are viewed from Suarez's statements, he was by no means being racist at all.

The FA then goes on to completely disregard any of that evidence.

Evra claims Kuyt called him a '*bleep* prick'. Something which Kuyt explicitly denied and has yet to be proven. But yeah, we'll take Evra's word on it.

Evra started the insults and in the Spanish language. He ADMITTED to using a phrase which literally translates to 'Your sister's pussy' and one that the linguistic experts claim can also mean 'Son of a bitch' among other things. Evra claims it is a figure of speech in Spanish to say 'Effin Hell'. But once again, only in Evra's case can figure of speech and cultural differences apply.

At the primary hearings and statements, Evra claimed he never felt a pinch or anything, only to later change that to 'He was referencing my color'.

Let any neutral read through the entire report and it is clear as day that a judgement was reached well before anything was proven. Actually, nothing was proven. I haven't even gone into the rest about the probabilities and the analysis of 'demeanor'. Lol.

@DIR - I have maintained one thing throughout this thread. If evidence, that is real evidence or a strong case is made against Suarez, I will turn on him and he will deserve the punishment that comes his way. But for anyone to objectively come to the conclusion that Suarez is racist is absurd.

Have you read the full report? It is completely a he said/she said situation. Talking about objectively, the FA claims for the rule in question they use an objective test and for certain parts of the rule, a subjective test. They've applied the objective test to everything Suarez has said, yet none to Evra?

If people against Suarez feel so strongly about the rules, why aren't you saying anything regarding Evra? Serious question. He has broken the primary rule that Suarez has been charged for breaking, why aren't you speaking out at that? Furthermore, the case report clearly states Evra started the entire thing.

I guess we all read differently. In addition I guess everyone is going to be more biased towards their club.

BUT

This is the point. LFC supporters believe Suarez and United supporters believe Evra's claims. It's so clear the amount of doubt in this case. Something that has been said before. How the FA have come to a conclusion is laughable.

Last edited by poolsupporter on Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:56 pm

even FA said that.....point is???
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:59 pm

One thing is clear for me here....

International court = [url]Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 36 T3902[/url]

For Liverpool
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:56 pm

I very much doubt Suarez said "Porque tu eres negro", Rioplatense Spanish uses voseo, which means we subsitute the word Tu with Vos and change the conjugation of the second person. Suarez would have said "Porque sos negro", instead.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next