Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 32 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

+87
Nirgall
gervinho's forehead
cyberman
bloodless
arigle
Art Morte
milanfan7
McLewis
harhar11
RuthlesGangstaDef:villin
Lord Spencer
sukrut23
CBarca
johniet
fatman123
Ganso
CaseyBoi
Lord Awesome
cheesy
LeVersacci
ToEy
II Capitano
delaurentishotz
Adit
Doc
donttreadonred
Highburied
Senor Penguin
julias
Zealous
Guiltybystander
FalcaoPunch
Sushi Master
Onyx
JAY-Z
BarrileteCosmico
RedOranje
Yeezus
pasquale22
mr-r34
Artemis
kiranr
IAmManUnited
Albiceleste
jibers
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Nishankly
Seth
honduran09
Red Alert
pUsHa
paddy
rsinatra
everest1
urbaNRoots
SoloInter
Deathrow898
Grande_Milano
halamadrid2
Seppuku
punkfusion1992
aleumdance
Aensensen
DRK
Nirgal
the xcx
Be/\/ceCALI
RealGunner
che
aunshi
El Chelsea Fuerte
elm_baraja_shaman
azzurres
Vibe
poolsupporter
Raptorgunner
Swanhends
RED
Le Samourai
Abramovich
EarlyPrototype
aford92
FennecFox7
Potential
TheRedStag
justdoit_
Arquitecto
91 posters

Page 32 of 38 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 38  Next

Go down

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 32 Empty Re: Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:04 pm

jibers wrote:

:coffee:

JuvenelCuore, when did they decide to let you back?

Back to top Go down

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 32 Empty Re: Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

Post by Doc Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:05 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Doc wrote:Why are we talking about murder? Did Suarez murder someone now?

Ah Doc, your ever kind, reasonable and calm presence was needed here within this thread quite a long time ago. But now as its in its final embers, I would advise you to not participate in a debate in which is akin to talking to large brick wall.

It'll be a waste of your time, this I can guarantee.

But who am I to advise. lol

After reading 30 pages, yes I read 30 pages of opinions, I think I may have some sort of opinion on this matter.

First off, Liverpool have 14 days to appeal and can very well get the banned over turned. This whole thing is a mixture of cultural differences, political correctness and some rather weird decisions from the upper echelons of English football.

The cultural differences with the word "negrito" have been explained thoroughly on this thread. As dear Nigral wrote, negrito in South America isn't a racial slur nor an insult, it's an endearing term apparently. The problem there is the "negro" part of the word (despite the word "negro" not even forming part of the word but the human mind works funny sometimes). It is very easy to presume Evra hearing that word and thinking "WTF he just called me?" considering he isn't from Uruguay nor has any knowledge of life in a South America country. And thus, (assuming Evra's character) Evra pulls out the race card as he deems that word offensive. And here is where political correctness comes into play.

While I know many of you have experienced some level of discrimination, historically, Black people have been targeted constantly, even from their own. So as someone from who is from a black family and did Caribbean History as a 2nd major, I can understand how these words can be mighty offensive to alot of black people. Even if the intent had no malice at all, it something that could send one's blood boiling. Remnants of fire hoses, German Shepherds, "boy", back of the bus and of course, 400 years of free labour and all that jazz. With that said, the political correctness that is taking place with the FA is insane. Jesus Christ, a simple research and warning would have easily suffice but no, they had to make a big deal out of something that isn't a big deal. Yes, there are MUCH worse things that has been done to black people than calling them "negrito" over and over (apparently). Where are the calm heads in the FA? The ones that would sit down and tell everyone to relax and handle this delicately.

And now for the FA themselves to which I put all the blame on. Yes Utd fans and Anti-Racist Warriors (elmystique?), the FA f'ed this up so badly. Now, if two people have an argument that no one else heard, how does one have evidence to charge ONE person over the other? How does one word supersede the other in such a harsh manner? I hope the English FA have some platinum evidence because this could turn out really badly for them. I know they want to show face when it comes racism in football but this isn't some issue with a player swearing in front of a camera, racism is not black and white. It has many forms, many approaches that it requires a lot more guile than just to ban anyone who says something "racist" because someone says it's racist. This bullish manner is not gonna cut it and I believe either the ban would be over turned or Liverpool is gonna drag the FA through the courts.

That ends my rant on this. Don't think it's popular nor legible but one tries...

I wrote that on page 30. Yes, I've been reading this thread since the start.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:06 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
elmystique wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:El Mystique... You truly are an intriguing man. Its quite clear you are suffering from some sort of comprehension problems or disability to sort out and process information. Or your just trolling.

Point is, after aggravating more than 5 posters with your nonsense, kindly take a break from this thread to clear your head.

how have I aggravated anyone, and even if I did, I could careless.

am all for poolsupporter's view that until Suarez has been found to have used the slur, all we are arguing about is nonsense

but what happens if he used it, how will all those arguing for Suarez feel now?

tell me do you honestly feel Suarez should be let off because he did not have the intent?

what next, the Juve fans [of which am one] will all claim they did not have the intent to monkey chant Balotelli and it'd sound logical.

How hard is it to comprehend this?

Good God, how stupid can your arguments get.

Monkey chants = Racial profiling in Italy.

Therefore there is obvious intent.

Negriot =/= Racial profiling in Uruguay.

Therefore there is reasonable doubt that Suarez has no intent.

Therefore, Monkey chants =/= Negrioto.
Juve case =/= Suarez's case.

:facepalm:

heated rival game clash

Evra insults Suarez's nationality

Suarez replies with a racial slur.... and claims he did not have the intent

seriously how stupid can you get?
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:08 pm

Doc wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
Doc wrote:Why are we talking about murder? Did Suarez murder someone now?

Ah Doc, your ever kind, reasonable and calm presence was needed here within this thread quite a long time ago. But now as its in its final embers, I would advise you to not participate in a debate in which is akin to talking to large brick wall.

It'll be a waste of your time, this I can guarantee.

But who am I to advise. lol

After reading 30 pages, yes I read 30 pages of opinions, I think I may have some sort of opinion on this matter.

First off, Liverpool have 14 days to appeal and can very well get the banned over turned. This whole thing is a mixture of cultural differences, political correctness and some rather weird decisions from the upper echelons of English football.

The cultural differences with the word "negrito" have been explained thoroughly on this thread. As dear Nigral wrote, negrito in South America isn't a racial slur nor an insult, it's an endearing term apparently. The problem there is the "negro" part of the word (despite the word "negro" not even forming part of the word but the human mind works funny sometimes). It is very easy to presume Evra hearing that word and thinking "WTF he just called me?" considering he isn't from Uruguay nor has any knowledge of life in a South America country. And thus, (assuming Evra's character) Evra pulls out the race card as he deems that word offensive. And here is where political correctness comes into play.

While I know many of you have experienced some level of discrimination, historically, Black people have been targeted constantly, even from their own. So as someone from who is from a black family and did Caribbean History as a 2nd major, I can understand how these words can be mighty offensive to alot of black people. Even if the intent had no malice at all, it something that could send one's blood boiling. Remnants of fire hoses, German Shepherds, "boy", back of the bus and of course, 400 years of free labour and all that jazz. With that said, the political correctness that is taking place with the FA is insane. Jesus Christ, a simple research and warning would have easily suffice but no, they had to make a big deal out of something that isn't a big deal. Yes, there are MUCH worse things that has been done to black people than calling them "negrito" over and over (apparently). Where are the calm heads in the FA? The ones that would sit down and tell everyone to relax and handle this delicately.

And now for the FA themselves to which I put all the blame on. Yes Utd fans and Anti-Racist Warriors (elmystique?), the FA f'ed this up so badly. Now, if two people have an argument that no one else heard, how does one have evidence to charge ONE person over the other? How does one word supersede the other in such a harsh manner? I hope the English FA have some platinum evidence because this could turn out really badly for them. I know they want to show face when it comes racism in football but this isn't some issue with a player swearing in front of a camera, racism is not black and white. It has many forms, many approaches that it requires a lot more guile than just to ban anyone who says something "racist" because someone says it's racist. This bullish manner is not gonna cut it and I believe either the ban would be over turned or Liverpool is gonna drag the FA through the courts.

That ends my rant on this. Don't think it's popular nor legible but one tries...

I wrote that on page 30. Yes, I've been reading this thread since the start.

Ah well.... I apologize for missing that wonderful passage.

Sadly, its falling on deaf ears, on should I say 1 pair of ears.

Thanks for your contribution Doc
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:08 pm

elmystique wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
elmystique wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:El Mystique... You truly are an intriguing man. Its quite clear you are suffering from some sort of comprehension problems or disability to sort out and process information. Or your just trolling.

Point is, after aggravating more than 5 posters with your nonsense, kindly take a break from this thread to clear your head.

am all for poolsupporter's view that until Suarez has been found to have used the slur, all we are arguing about is nonsense

tell me do you honestly feel Suarez should be let off because he did not have the intent?

what next, the Juve fans [of which am one] will all claim they did not have the intent to monkey chant Balotelli and it'd sound logical.

heated rival game clash

How stupid can you get?

The top of the range would be Einsten/Da Vinci type IQs

The rock bottom end of the range is elmystique
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:08 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:08 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:
jibers wrote:

Laughing

nelcuore is not back.... lol
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:09 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:
jibers wrote:

Rofl
Thc what episode are you on in homeland?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:12 pm

Dear elm, it cannot be reconstructed into a murder case.

The closer it can get is accidental murders that happened due to differences in the metric and English systems (which are plenty) and the courts ruled it as an accidant and which was of the leading reason foreign engineers gettrained extentivly on the English system in the U.S. when they first work there.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:12 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
elmystique wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
elmystique wrote:

heated rival game clash

How stupid can you get?

you see unlike lord_spencer and co who have something to say, you have none and only resort to insults...

and I will not like to be embroiled in any insults with you so keep going...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:13 pm

Just finished episode 10 and I don't want it to be over...... when is the next season coming back

I'm hooked, the show is amazing :bow:

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:14 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:Dear elm, it cannot be reconstructed into a murder case.

The closer it can get is accidental murders that happened due to differences in the metric and English systems (which are plenty) and the courts ruled it as an accidant and which was of the leading reason foreign engineers gettrained extentivly on the English system in the U.S. when they first work there.

as a great measure don't you think Suarez should have enlightened himself better whilst working in England/Europe?
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:14 pm

elmystique wrote:
please explain to me that if racism comes in **bleep** degrees then what about murder?

in the end someone died right but it sure must not hurt because after all the murderer only used a needle instead of a dagger or a stabbing knife.

Its ironical how u claim there's stupidity on people's part but didn't read your own post twice...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_%28United_States_law%29#Degrees_of_murder_in_the_United_States

Read
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:19 pm

elmystique wrote:
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
elmystique wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
elmystique wrote:

heated rival game clash

How stupid can you get?

you see unlike lord_spencer and co who have something to say, you have none and only resort to insults...

and I will not like to be embroiled in any insults with you so keep going...

I have shown your arguments to be wrong on many occasions. You are having such a nightmare in this thread. I am trying to help you realise how much of a fool you look.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:20 pm

elmystique wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
elmystique wrote:

heated rival game clash

Suarez's camp did not say Evra said anything to him, so your scenario is just rumors.

So, unless they come up and say it then your argument is void.

My argument is based on the whole premise of the world Negrito, such as it is suspended from any other sentaces. Since Evra did not provide any context to the argument.

Let me humor you and consider the situation above.

Both would and should not get fined anything beyond the fines given to unsporting behaviour. Since both are NOT racists, and both insulted each other in a heated match as players often do.

Also, since we have no context then we cannot accuratly judge on the case above.

Evra coul have said to Suare you dive like a South American and he could have responded like whati s the problem with being South American Negrito.

And we have 100 times now shown that Negrito = mate in South American culture, and if you don't understand that then God help you because you can't help yourself.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:24 pm

elmystique wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:Dear elm, it cannot be reconstructed into a murder case.

as a great measure don't you think Suarez should have enlightened himself better whilst working in England/Europe?

There are no laws that require Suarez to educate himself about English culture, and he have been there for less than half a year.

This case can even be a precedent to creating new laws in England.

I would have ducated myself better on the country I would work in, and you would, but not everyone will. And the law cannot ingore cultural differences when handing out judgment. If even natural laws are relative, how can the law of one nation be ironclad.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
elmystique wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
elmystique wrote:

heated rival game clash

Suarez's camp did not say Evra said anything to him, so your scenario is just rumors.

My argument is based on the whole premise of the world Negrito, such as it is suspended from any other sentaces. Since Evra did not provide any context to the argument.

Both would and should not get fined anything beyond the fines given to unsporting behaviour. Since both are NOT racists, and both insulted each other in a heated match as players often do.

Also, since we have no context then we cannot accuratly judge on the case above.

Evra coul have said to Suare you dive like a South American and he could have responded like whati s the problem with being South American Negrito.

And we have 100 times now shown that Negrito = mate in South American culture, and if you don't understand that then God help you because you can't help yourself.

I understand what you want to mean as I have heard it so many times, I appreciate how you wanna debate [unlike irish_catalan]

but what if Evra heard what "negrito" means in the dictionary and not what it is meant to mean in South America? [which is only natural and a 100% enough evidence to ban Suarez for if "PROVEN" he said that]

understand where am coming from...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:28 pm

Where I come from in England historically it was a coal mining area. When miners came out of the pit they would be dirty covered in coal dust.

Quite often if some one was dirty or did something dirty you would call them a black .... whatever.

This wasn't nothing to do with their skin colour, race creed or what ever. It was just that they were dirty.

Its something still done and I admit I do it my self. Its not racist.

How ever if I went to Africa for example and started saying it, people wouldn't get the context I was using it and would be racially offended.

This is the situation Suarez is in, even if he isnt racist and didn't mean it in that way, it was taken as a racist remark here.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:29 pm

If Suarez called him Negrito.....I would assume that he would understand that at the very least there's a chance that it wasn't racist since his teammates have used the word in a friendly manner in the past.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:32 pm

elmystique wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
elmystique wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
elmystique wrote:

heated rival game clash

I understand what you want to mean as I have heard it so many times, I appreciate how you wanna debate [unlike irish_catalan]

but what if Evra heard what "negrito" means in the dictionary and not what it is meant to mean in South America? [which is only natural and a 100% enough evidence to ban Suarez for if "PROVEN" he said that]

I haven't debated? I know I've taken pot shots at you too, but seriously I didn't debate with you? How about when you take someone's argument and show it to be false on multiple occasions.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:36 pm

If I really wanted to go after Evra in a game, I would use the F word.

And by F word I mean calling him "French" or "Frenchie" or any other variable of that horrendous term. Seriously, it is universally accepted that being labelled a Frenchman is the most demeaning insult you could ever throw at a fellow a human being.

I kid. I kid.
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:37 pm

Sepi wrote:Can a southamerican enlighten me what is equivalent english version of "Sudaca" ?

Like nirgal said, there is none. But it would be like calling a black person "ni**er"..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:38 pm

elmystique wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
elmystique wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
elmystique wrote:

heated rival game clash

The thing is that the law cannot judge based on what the Victim thinks, but based on the accused (Suarez) intent. And since bey all accounts, Suarez is not racist, and Negrito is not a racist term where Suarez is from, Suarez would probably win in a legal court.

Evra himself said that he does not thinki Suarez is racist, and as I said. Either the FA proves Suarez is racist and ban him for life, or say that what he said was normal banter, and give him a lesson in bloody English and give him a token fine.

I handled a case once, it ent like this.

This guy was walking in the street holding a knife he just bought, he was going to his car. He tripped amd landed on a guy's leg with the knife.

The guy said in Court that the man stabbed him in purpose, but using evidence we proved the man did not have the intent to stab, and he only paid a small fine instead of the large fine the guy demanded.

Regardless of what Evra thinks Suarez meant, we can only judge Suarez based on Suarez's intent. And I argue that there is reasonalbe doubt that there is no racial inten in what Suarez said.

I have been a victim of racism, and I know what it entails.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:17 am

Former Liverpool star John Barnes has branded the Luis Suarez racism case a "witch hunt" after the Uruguayan forward was banned for eight games for using "insulting language".

The former England international endured racial abuse throughout his time as a player but has defended the Uruguayan insisting that"cultural differences have to be taken into consideration".

Barnes told BBC Radio Merseyside: "From a cultural point of view, [Suarez] has been backed by people from Uruguay saying the word he used is not deemed as a racist term.
"As much as we will say that ignorance is no excuse, ignorance is an excuse.

"Twenty years ago in England, the same people in England now condemning him were ignorant as to what racism is. Why don't they condemn themselves?"

The 48-year-old went on to say that whilst discrimination of any kind should be punished, there needs to be rules put in place to ensure consistency.

He said: "When Manchester United play Liverpool and 10,000 United fans are saying 'you Scouse thieves', I'd like them all to be banned.

"And Liverpool fans too, when they say 'you Manc or whatever'. So where are we going to draw the line? Racism has to be zero tolerance but this is now a witch hunt.

"By admitting [what he said], he obviously didn't feel that what he said was that significant.
"Because he could easily have gotten away with it by saying 'I never said a word'."
:bow:

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:54 am

Well....finally got through all 45 pages.

Lord Spencer did an excellent job with his post. Doc and THC as well. I share their sentiments completely on this matter so I don't really have much to add.

I am rather disappointed with what I've read here...especially from some normally mild-tempered posters. I know this incident hits home for some of you, on both sides of the issue, but we need to be rational here. Absolutely no reason for insults and mud-slinging. As seen with Devil-Is-Red....we WILL come down hard on such actions.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:14 am

McLewis wrote:Well....finally got through all 45 pages.

Lord Spencer did an excellent job with his post. Doc, jibers and THC as well. I share their sentiments completely on this matter so I don't really have much to add.

I am rather disappointed with what I've read here...especially from some normally mild-tempered posters. I know this incident hits home for some of you, on both sides of the issue, but we need to be rational here. Absolutely no reason for insults and mud-slinging. As seen with Devil-Is-Red....we WILL come down hard on such actions.

I agree ml, I too was dissappointed with some posters. I hope we all learnt a lesson here.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 38 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 38  Next