Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 26 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

+87
Nirgall
gervinho's forehead
cyberman
bloodless
arigle
Art Morte
milanfan7
McLewis
harhar11
RuthlesGangstaDef:villin
Lord Spencer
sukrut23
CBarca
johniet
fatman123
Ganso
CaseyBoi
Lord Awesome
cheesy
LeVersacci
ToEy
II Capitano
delaurentishotz
Adit
Doc
donttreadonred
Highburied
Senor Penguin
julias
Zealous
Guiltybystander
FalcaoPunch
Sushi Master
Onyx
JAY-Z
BarrileteCosmico
RedOranje
Yeezus
pasquale22
mr-r34
Artemis
kiranr
IAmManUnited
Albiceleste
jibers
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Nishankly
Seth
honduran09
Red Alert
pUsHa
paddy
rsinatra
everest1
urbaNRoots
SoloInter
Deathrow898
Grande_Milano
halamadrid2
Seppuku
punkfusion1992
aleumdance
Aensensen
DRK
Nirgal
the xcx
Be/\/ceCALI
RealGunner
che
aunshi
El Chelsea Fuerte
elm_baraja_shaman
azzurres
Vibe
poolsupporter
Raptorgunner
Swanhends
RED
Le Samourai
Abramovich
EarlyPrototype
aford92
FennecFox7
Potential
TheRedStag
justdoit_
Arquitecto
91 posters

Page 26 of 38 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32 ... 38  Next

Go down

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 26 Empty Re: Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

Post by kiranr Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:23 pm

Guys, stop going around in circles.

Elmystique's opinion is that since Suarez used the word N**rito, he should be punished regardless of the intent as it has racist connotation in England.

Many of us feel intent is important and as long as Suarez can prove that he did not intend to be racist at all, then he should not be punished.

But, the real story is that the FA does not have any proof except for Evra's statement. The FA are charging Suarez for the exchange at the corner flag, which, according to Liverpool, no one heard. So there is no basis in the whole charge by the FA.

What we should all be waiting for now is the written explanation by the FA which will indicate the reason they decided to charge Suarez.

kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 26 Empty Re: Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:24 pm

elmystique wrote:if Evra indeed insulted Suarez's nationality, he must be punished with an 8 match ban as well...

but the thing is Suarez hasn't denied saying he used "negrito" and whether it means pal or not in South America,

this is NOT South America....

he deserves the punishment until proven innocent.... no matter the tone in which he used it...

elmystique wrote:Gus Poyet said: 'In Uruguay it is a nickname for someone whose skin is darker than the rest. It is not offensive. Such people are part of society. We will defend them, go to war with them, share everything with them and at the same time use that word.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2074811/Luis-Suarez-v-Patrice-Evra-Everything-need-know-race-row.html#ixzz1hBWf5BA6

I have seen enough, it NOT being offensive in Uruguay or South America doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't see it same....

but Suarez's defenders cannot see :facepalm:

elmystique wrote: quit making false insinuations and putting words in my mouth, I cannot go back pages to quote myself...

but go and find where I stated that "Even IF it was the Uruguayan league, Suarez would still pass as being in the wrong" for using it on Evra...

read before you make such stuff up...

I didn't make any false insinuation, no one's putting words into your mouth. Choose your words more wisely if you don't want to be misunderstood. I actually read every single word in this thread, so it's clear to me you will do/say whatever it takes to prove your "point". You refuse to answer certain questions and we all see you for what you really are.

Please read what I write, I never said you made that statement, I said that by your logic ( :lol!: ) it would be ok for Suarez to say this because in South America it isn't an offensive term. I can understand how things get confusing when you go back on your original word.

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:26 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
I dont wish to get involved in this mess, but dude you already know why he tries to avoid answering you. Guilty until proven innocent is the stupidest logic ever by anyone in these forums or anywhere else...I just dont understand why the lot of you are trying to convince him of something that will never be accepted by him, dont waste your time and ignore him lol[/quote]

@ ToEy.

You see here's the thing: He either doesn't know he's an idiot or he knows he's an idiot and just will not admit it.

At the moment it looks like the later but I am trying to find the definite answer by insisting he answers a direct question. [/quote]

you must be the greatest fool I have ever encountered, I gave you the reasons for my premise and yet you ignore them.

Suarez hasn't denied he used "negrito" on Evra, and as it stands he is currently guilty and has been charged with as such.

How foolish are you seriously, what is so hard to understand,

quit hammering on self pity to make yourself look great... and make it seem like I just claimed things without giving you premises you little tut....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:27 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:ICS and Elmystique taking Multiquoting to a new level.

If this thread has taught us anything, it's that people still have no idea how to quote other posters......

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t9743-learning-how-to-use-quotations (You're all welcome)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:28 pm

The only thing I would side with the resident United fan is that Suarez should have known better. Although Nirgal really explained the term (seriously, the man went to great lengths to explain the term, should read if you're interested), the man has lived in Europe for 5+ years and should know by now the political correctness of words that are perceived to be "racist".

To be very frank, the word "negrito" would probably sound like little ni**a to quite a lot of people and Evra is not the most culturally diverse person so Lord knows when he heard the word, he probably went crazy. So yes, Suarez is a grown man and should have been more careful in his choice of words despite whether he meant no malice or not.

It probably contradicts what I wrote earlier.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:29 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:
elmystique wrote:if Evra indeed insulted Suarez's nationality, he must be punished with an 8 match ban as well...

but the thing is Suarez hasn't denied saying he used "negrito" and whether it means pal or not in South America,

this is NOT South America....

he deserves the punishment until proven innocent.... no matter the tone in which he used it...

elmystique wrote:Gus Poyet said: 'In Uruguay it is a nickname for someone whose skin is darker than the rest. It is not offensive. Such people are part of society. We will defend them, go to war with them, share everything with them and at the same time use that word.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2074811/Luis-Suarez-v-Patrice-Evra-Everything-need-know-race-row.html#ixzz1hBWf5BA6

I have seen enough, it NOT being offensive in Uruguay or South America doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't see it same....

but Suarez's defenders cannot see :facepalm:

elmystique wrote: quit making false insinuations and putting words in my mouth, I cannot go back pages to quote myself...

but go and find where I stated that "Even IF it was the Uruguayan league, Suarez would still pass as being in the wrong" for using it on Evra...

read before you make such stuff up...

I didn't make any false insinuation, no one's putting words into your mouth. Choose your words more wisely if you don't want to be misunderstood. I actually read every single word in this thread, so it's clear to me you will do/say whatever it takes to prove your "point". You refuse to answer certain questions and we all see you for what you really are.

Please read what I write, I never said you made that statement, I said that by your logic ( :lol!: ) it would be ok for Suarez to say this because in South America it isn't an offensive term. I can understand how things get confusing when you go back on your original word.

so how hard is it to understand that something accepted culturally from where you are from is not everywhere else...

go put this stuff on a non-football forum and let's see where things would stand on a neutral perspective wise one...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:30 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:I am done with this discussion, it's clearly going nowhere. I don't know why you bother elmystique, this ain't going nowhere. This whole discussion is going around in circles.

When were you even discussing?
All you did is come up with the guilty word to signify how much you knew about this situation.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:32 pm

Nishank wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:I am done with this discussion, it's clearly going nowhere. I don't know why you bother elmystique, this ain't going nowhere. This whole discussion is going around in circles.

When were you even discussing?
All you did is come up with the guilty word to signify how much you knew about this situation.

Notice how Devil ignored claims about Evra saying the South American thing Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:33 pm

NO Elmystique

You said that people are guilty until proven innocent.

I and many other people know for a fact that anyone who believes this is a complete and total fool.

If you were trolling and retracted the underlined statement then you wouldn't look so stupid. I gave you the opportunity to do that 7/8 times by asking you directly if you really believe that or if you were just taking the piss yet you did not take the statement back.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:36 pm

NO Elmystique

I and many other people know for a fact that anyone who believes this is a complete and total fool.

If you were trolling and retracted the underlined statement then you wouldn't look so stupid. I gave you the opportunity to do that 7/8 times by asking you directly if you really believe that or if you were just taking the piss yet you did not take the statement back.

ok fine, you misread me [and I clearly gave you examples as to what I meant], you win, happy now?
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:40 pm

Terry next :coffee:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:42 pm

Anti-DNA wrote:Terry next :coffee:

obviously...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:49 pm

poolsupporter wrote:
elmystique wrote:

am still waiting for you to tell me whom they said it to and what the atmosphere was...

It doesn't matter right? They've lived in England and played there, hence they should know better, according to your logic. You keep hammering the point that it's a racist word regardless of culture and background and context. So who they said it to shouldn't matter, right?

Still waiting on a response for this.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:51 pm

elmystique wrote: so how hard is it to understand that something accepted culturally from where you are from is not everywhere else...

go put this stuff on a non-football forum and let's see where things would stand on a neutral perspective wise one...

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

It's obvious you don't bother reading what I write, so I'm not going to bother responding anymore (I know it's not the first time I've said this). Whenever this kid feels like he's been asked a difficult question he changes the subject or responds with a question.

Sad thing is we had shared kind words with each other before, I thought more highly of you before this whole incident. I've had disagreements with other posters and we've been able to move past that, that's what debate it all about, perhaps you didn't get the memo. I never once claimed to have the answer and I made it clear in my first post that I was merely sharing my opinion with the forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:52 pm

poolsupporter wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:
elmystique wrote:

am still waiting for you to tell me whom they said it to and what the atmosphere was...

It doesn't matter right? They've lived in England and played there, hence they should know better, according to your logic. You keep hammering the point that it's a racist word regardless of culture and background and context. So who they said it to shouldn't matter, right?

tell me who they said it to first, why can't you answer that?

elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:53 pm

elmystique wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:
elmystique wrote:

tell me who they said it to first, why can't you answer that?

YOU CLAIM CONTEXT DOESN'T MATTER. The hypocrisy.....
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:55 pm

Could anyone imagine what this thread would've been like if Uraguay4life was here.....................
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:58 pm

elmystique wrote:

NO Elmystique

ok fine, you misread me [and I clearly gave you examples as to what I meant], you win, happy now?

No there was no misreading of your posts at all. On page 31 you said the following quote. There was no misreading and it is from this quote I started asking you if you actually believe it.

“he deserves the punishment until proven innocent.... no matter the tone in which he used it...”

There are multiple other examples in this thread where you show you believe in “guilty until proven innocent” Here are some:

On page 21 you say

“when Suarez is found NOT guilty, I will retract all my statements...”

This shows the point that you believe that innocence must be proved and up until that point one must assume a defendant is guilty. On the next page you ask Nishank why he “doesn’t get” your statement which again leads one to think you believe it.

On page 23 you say this

“please show me PROOF that Suarez did not use the word "negrito" if you can, I will back out of this thread...”

Again showing you believe guilty until proven innocent

On page 26 you say

“I am all for proof being found and Suarez proven innocent, but until then, he is guilty as as now,

and same thing implies in murder cases right?”

This is simply bizarre and totally stupid,

On page 27 mmr34 tries to explain to you that people are not guilty until proven innocent. Your response:

”the FA has already punished him, if that was not the case then it would be different...”

So in conclusion, I don’t win because I misread any of your posts. I win because I have shown you to be a complete and utter fool.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:14 pm

lol irish_catalan, he is using that in a different context than you

put it this way...you are looking at it differently

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:28 pm

The power of patience and reading brought you by Irish. Well done sir...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:36 pm

The FA confirm that Suarez's ban could lead to increase in ban length.

Now its a dilemma.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:41 pm

If we don't appeal then Mancs say that all you fought for is useless and your striker is a racist and you guys aren't better by defending him. Your club is shit, you are shit, GGMU and other kind of crap.

But

If we appeal it shows that the club is 100% committed that Suarez is not guilty. But since the FA are so hell bent on giving an example the appeal will be not considered and we will lose him for another 4-5 matches.

This is really tough now.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:41 pm

Doc wrote:The power of patience and reading brought you by Irish. Well done sir...

well forgive me for having to read in a pond of multiquoted posts

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:42 pm

Mario Ballotelli: The FA are willing to ban someone based on one persons claim, with no video evidence? In that case, the whole ManU squad racially abused me
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:45 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Mario Ballotelli: The FA are willing to ban someone based on one persons claim, with no video evidence? In that case, the whole ManU squad racially abused me

:bow:

I knew I loved this guy for a reason
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:46 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:well forgive me for having to read in a pond of multiquoted posts

Hala, my statement had literally nothing to do with you though. More to do with Irish responding to Elmystique honestly...

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 38 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32 ... 38  Next