Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 25 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

+87
Nirgall
gervinho's forehead
cyberman
bloodless
arigle
Art Morte
milanfan7
McLewis
harhar11
RuthlesGangstaDef:villin
Lord Spencer
sukrut23
CBarca
johniet
fatman123
Ganso
CaseyBoi
Lord Awesome
cheesy
LeVersacci
ToEy
II Capitano
delaurentishotz
Adit
Doc
donttreadonred
Highburied
Senor Penguin
julias
Zealous
Guiltybystander
FalcaoPunch
Sushi Master
Onyx
JAY-Z
BarrileteCosmico
RedOranje
Yeezus
pasquale22
mr-r34
Artemis
kiranr
IAmManUnited
Albiceleste
jibers
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Nishankly
Seth
honduran09
Red Alert
pUsHa
paddy
rsinatra
everest1
urbaNRoots
SoloInter
Deathrow898
Grande_Milano
halamadrid2
Seppuku
punkfusion1992
aleumdance
Aensensen
DRK
Nirgal
the xcx
Be/\/ceCALI
RealGunner
che
aunshi
El Chelsea Fuerte
elm_baraja_shaman
azzurres
Vibe
poolsupporter
Raptorgunner
Swanhends
RED
Le Samourai
Abramovich
EarlyPrototype
aford92
FennecFox7
Potential
TheRedStag
justdoit_
Arquitecto
91 posters

Page 25 of 38 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31 ... 38  Next

Go down

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 25 Empty Re: Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

Post by poolsupporter Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:52 pm

poolsupporter wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Can't believe Evra is walking free after all this

Are you serious? smh.

What has Evra done wrong in all this? Other than be a victim of racism.

I can't believe you just posted that.

i think he meant the evra part where he wound suarez up by saying "you south american"

There is no evidence whatsoever that Evra said that. Suarez has admitted to calling Evra a "negro"

I'm pretty sure Evra admitted to this already.

Not tryna put you on the spot here, but if you have the link, could you post it? I actually haven't heard or read him saying it.

I'll look it up, give me a bit.

Liverpool's statement claims it was in Evra's evidence submitted.

‘We would also like to know when the FA intend to charge Patrice Evra with making abusive remarks to an opponent after he admitted himself in his evidence to insulting Luis Suarez in Spanish in the most objectionable of terms.

‘Luis, to his credit, actually told the FA he had not heard the insult.’

poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 25 Empty Re: Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:52 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:

Are you serious? smh.

What has Evra done wrong in all this? Other than be a victim of racism.

I can't believe you just posted that.

mate, if you seriously think evra is innocent then you are being extremely biased. I posted the link above, Evra did say to suarez " dont touch me you south american "

Suarez wouldn't just randomly say " porque, negrito " to evra. Think about it for a minute
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:53 pm

direct from realgunner's article

Gus Poyet said: 'In Uruguay it is a nickname for someone whose skin is darker than the rest. It is not offensive. Such people are part of society. We will defend them, go to war with them, share everything with them and at the same time use that word.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2074811/Luis-Suarez-v-Patrice-Evra-Everything-need-know-race-row.html#ixzz1hBWf5BA6

I have seen enough, it NOT being offensive in Uruguay or South America doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't see it same....

but Suarez's defenders cannot see :facepalm:
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:53 pm

elmystique wrote:
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
elmystique wrote:
elmystique wrote:
elmystique wrote:
elmystique wrote:
elmystique wrote:

if Evra indeed insulted Suarez's nationality, he must be punished with an 8 match ban as well...

but the thing is Suarez hasn't denied saying he used "negrito" and whether it means pal or not in South America,

this is NOT South America....

he deserves the punishment until proven innocent.... no matter the tone in which he used it...

Do you honestly feel that if someone if accused of something that they should be assumed to be guilty until they prove their innocence. Do you actually believe this or are you just taking the piss?

has Suarez denied using "negrito" or shall I get you a box so you can look above the brick wall?

Answer my question before you ask your own.

Do you actually believe that people should be assumed guilty until proven innocent? Yes or No.

let me make my pt easy for you.

There was a murder scene and only Mr. X was found on the spot.

Until investigations are concluded, he is guilty until proven otherwise.

Suarez hasn't denied using "negrito" and until the FA concludes investigations, he is as at now deserved of the punishment...

:facepalm:

So you wont answer the direct question I put to you twice already. Are you refusing to answer it?

Maybe third time lucky. Do you actually believe that people should be assumed guilty until proven innocent? Yes or No.

you can keep going with your superior puppeh motives, I don't know what I can do to make you understand all the examples I have given so chase me around and neg me....

That's 3 times you've dodged a direct question. How stupid are you? Answer this question directly:

Do you actually believe that people should be assumed guilty until proven innocent? Yes or No.

if the person attests to the crime but says he did not mean to do it, how would you judge him?

you answer the question as IT applies to the argument...

4 times you've refused to answer the question. Is it because you finally realise how ridiculous you sound?

until you read the examples I gave you, I will not answer your question...

I asked you a direct question 5 times but instead of answering it, (because you know it will be be nail in the coffin that proved you are a complete fool) you've dodged it 5 times.

Do you honestly feel that if someone if accused of something that they should be assumed to be guilty until they prove their innocence. Do you actually believe this or are you just taking the piss?
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:55 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:"You have a problem mate" = "tienes una problema negrito"

I'm sure that you realise it's the "you have a problem" and not the "mate" that is used to wind up Evra.

Yeah him saying that to someone who is not familiar with the term.

Him saying that to a person of colour, who is only familiar with the word 'negro'. I bet Evra "would take that well" Rolling Eyes Especially as Suarez has spent 5 years in Europe.

Saying that, and continuosly saying that to a person who is clearly not his 'mate' and saying it even when that person was clearly getting fed up with it.

Conclusion: Suarez is one dumb racist.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgal Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:57 pm

elmystique wrote:direct from realgunner's article

Gus Poyet said: 'In Uruguay it is a nickname for someone whose skin is darker than the rest. It is not offensive. Such people are part of society. We will defend them, go to war with them, share everything with them and at the same time use that word.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2074811/Luis-Suarez-v-Patrice-Evra-Everything-need-know-race-row.html#ixzz1hBWf5BA6

I have seen enough, it NOT being offensive in Uruguay or South America doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't see it same....

I think that the red marked part is wrong. At least in argentina, it's not a term used to refer to dark skinned or darker skinned people. it's a term used to refer to anyone of ANY race or skin color.
Nirgal
Nirgal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:58 pm

Did you read the rest of that paragraph ?

"It is not offensive. Such people are part of society. We will defend them, go to war with them, share everything with them and at the same time use that word.'"
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:00 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:For the one millionth time smh.

"Negrito" allegedly means 'little black man' and is seen as some sort of endearment in South America.

Saurez used that word on Evra. Not in an endearment way, but in a vicious way, to wind up Evra. He used Evra's skin colour to annoy him.

That is racism and that is why he was found guilty. It was in the context of what was said.

What premise are you using to claim Suarez meant it in a vicious way, Did suarez admit to that or did you use your super powers to figure it out?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:01 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:"You have a problem mate" = "tienes una problema negrito"

I'm sure that you realise it's the "you have a problem" and not the "mate" that is used to wind up Evra.

Yeah him saying that to someone who is not familiar with the term.

Him saying that to a person of colour, who is only familiar with the word 'negro'. I bet Evra "would take that well" Rolling Eyes Especially as Suarez has spent 5 years in Europe.

Saying that, and continuosly saying that to a person who is clearly not his 'mate' and saying it even when that person was clearly getting fed up with it.

Conclusion: Suarez is one dumb racist.

Have a read.

> An article outlining the role and history of racism in English professional football....good pre-reading to anyone who wants to truly gain a deep understanding of the context-http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2001/dec/18/highereducation.books

A case study for you to look at......a real racism case with actual merit....that was not enforced.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/schmeichel-faces-racist-abuse-charge-1279851.html?CMP=ILC-refresh

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/schmeichel-faces-racist-abuse-charge-1279851.html?CMP=ILC-refresh

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/LIES!%3B+Fergie+fury+over+Wright+race+slur+on+Schmeichel.-a061127771

In this case now punishment was handed out.If you read through this understanding you will clearly see that Sir Alex Ferguson continued Criticism of Suarez and Gus Poyet- an outspoken defender of Suarez is ironic , prejucaical and inflamatory, and derogotary.

Patrice Evra never played the race card before? Don't believe that idiot article spreading like wildfire across Man Utd forums.

How can one actively pusue a Racism case without a plaintiff..........that's all there is really, he would've had to bring the matter up.....wether he choose to pusue it legally and exhaustively is a deifferent matter.Anyway......those claims only mention PL incidents, here is another incident where he "played" the race card

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/793670/ce/uk/&cc=3888

Bear in mind that you can play the race card in many ways and for many reasons......not soley to see legal punishment brought upon it's accused.It can be done for slander and it can be done to evoke sympathy.

Last edited by ragbirjosh on Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:02 pm

Nirgal wrote:

I think that the red marked part is wrong. At least in argentina, it's not a term used to refer to dark skinned or darker skinned people. it's a term used to refer to anyone of ANY race or skin color.

Nirgal, I love your patience and you attempt to convince me,

I think the reason you and I misunderstand each other on the situation is you are trying to say it is not it not NOT a cultural offence and not anyway offensive

and what am saying is intent or not, Culturally offensive or not, it must not be allowed to persist and Suarez should know better on what words trigger in different places...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by everest1 Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:03 pm

negrito, i think you emphasized the wrong part. stop trying to make a big story out of something that isnt.
everest1
everest1
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by delaurentishotz Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:03 pm

This is ridiculous.. Why don't the FA go and visit some footballgrounds where youth play and hear the racial abuse parents shout at kids..
delaurentishotz
delaurentishotz
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:03 pm

elmystique wrote:
Nirgal wrote:

I think the reason you and I misunderstand each other on the situation is you are trying to say it is not it not NOT a cultural offence and not anyway offensive

and what am saying is intent or not, Culturally offensive or not, it must not be allowed to persist and Suarez should know better on what words trigger in different places...

So Hernandez and Pacheco get a pass somehow? Why aren't you talking about them using the word?
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:04 pm

RealGunner wrote:

Did you read the rest of that paragraph ?

"It is not offensive. Such people are part of society. We will defend them, go to war with them, share everything with them and at the same time use that word.'"

am sure the in the wars of the early days, Slave Masters/Plantation owners happily fought and died with their slaves in wars....

my argument..... intent or not a racist comment is still racist no matter the intent...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:06 pm

Terry's also innocent because he plays with Drogba. Great logic.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:06 pm

Who used that logic ^
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:07 pm

poolsupporter wrote:
elmystique wrote:
Nirgal wrote:

So Hernandez and Pacheco get a pass somehow? Why aren't you talking about them using the word?

am still waiting for you to tell me whom they said it to and what the atmosphere was...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:08 pm

elmystique wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:
elmystique wrote:
Nirgal wrote:

am still waiting for you to tell me whom they said it to and what the atmosphere was...

I'm still waiting for you to answer this questions. If you are not going to answer it will you at least say so.

TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:08 pm

elmystique wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:
elmystique wrote:
Nirgal wrote:

It doesn't matter right? They've lived in England and played there, hence they should know better, according to your logic. You keep hammering the point that it's a racist word regardless of culture and background and context. So who they said it to shouldn't matter, right?

poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:09 pm

RG, if you can see my post in the big pond of quoted posts dating back to yesterday lol

can you change it so that you can only quote the persons post and not the posts the other guy quoted and all of that bullsh!t, its taking up too much space...my eyes cant handle it apparently

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:10 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:Who used that logic ^

Barca fans :coffee:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:11 pm

I am done with this discussion, it's clearly going nowhere. I don't know why you bother elmystique, this ain't going nowhere. This whole discussion is going around in circles.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by ToEy Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:13 pm

elmystique wrote:
elmystique wrote:
elmystique wrote:
elmystique wrote:
elmystique wrote:
elmystique wrote:

if Evra indeed insulted Suarez's nationality, he must be punished with an 8 match ban as well...

but the thing is Suarez hasn't denied saying he used "negrito" and whether it means pal or not in South America,

this is NOT South America....

he deserves the punishment until proven innocent.... no matter the tone in which he used it...

has Suarez denied using "negrito" or shall I get you a box so you can look above the brick wall?

Answer my question before you ask your own.

let me make my pt easy for you.

There was a murder scene and only Mr. X was found on the spot.

Until investigations are concluded, he is guilty until proven otherwise.

Suarez hasn't denied using "negrito" and until the FA concludes investigations, he is as at now deserved of the punishment...

:facepalm:

So you wont answer the direct question I put to you twice already. Are you refusing to answer it?

Maybe third time lucky. Do you actually believe that people should be assumed guilty until proven innocent? Yes or No.

you can keep going with your superior puppeh motives, I don't know what I can do to make you understand all the examples I have given so chase me around and neg me....

That's 3 times you've dodged a direct question. How stupid are you? Answer this question directly:

if the person attests to the crime but says he did not mean to do it, how would you judge him?

you answer the question as IT applies to the argument...

4 times you've refused to answer the question. Is it because you finally realise how ridiculous you sound?

until you read the examples I gave you, I will not answer your question...

I asked you a direct question 5 times but instead of answering it, (because you know it will be be nail in the coffin that proved you are a complete fool) you've dodged it 5 times.

I dont wish to get involved in this mess, but dude you already know why he tries to avoid answering you. Guilty until proven innocent is the stupidest logic ever by anyone in these forums or anywhere else...I just dont understand why the lot of you are trying to convince him of something that will never be accepted by him, dont waste your time and ignore him lol

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:14 pm

ICS and Elmystique taking Multiquoting to a new level.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:17 pm

[/quote]
I dont wish to get involved in this mess, but dude you already know why he tries to avoid answering you. Guilty until proven innocent is the stupidest logic ever by anyone in these forums or anywhere else...I just dont understand why the lot of you are trying to convince him of something that will never be accepted by him, dont waste your time and ignore him lol[/quote]

@ ToEy.

You see here's the thing: He either doesn't know he's an idiot or he knows he's an idiot and just will not admit it.

At the moment it looks like the later but I am trying to find the definite answer by insisting he answers a direct question.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:23 pm

Guys, stop going around in circles.

Elmystique's opinion is that since Suarez used the word N**rito, he should be punished regardless of the intent as it has racist connotation in England.

Many of us feel intent is important and as long as Suarez can prove that he did not intend to be racist at all, then he should not be punished.

But, the real story is that the FA does not have any proof except for Evra's statement. The FA are charging Suarez for the exchange at the corner flag, which, according to Liverpool, no one heard. So there is no basis in the whole charge by the FA.

What we should all be waiting for now is the written explanation by the FA which will indicate the reason they decided to charge Suarez.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 38 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31 ... 38  Next