FennecFox7
Potential
TheRedStag
justdoit_
Arquitecto
91 posters

Page 22 of 38 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30 ... 38  Next

Go down

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 22 Empty Re: Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

Post by Guiltybystander Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:52 am

It's a travesty.

WHY ALWAYS SUAREZ? Sad

Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 22 Empty Re: Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

Post by Zealous Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:40 am

Meh this is a guy who bites people in the middle of matches and makes fun of other people's drug addictions that they were fighting.

Evra isn't a saint either lol. If you ask me it was a clash of two douche bags. Liverpool completely failed to sweep this under the rug imo. They can take a few pointers from Barca on how to handle their players being complete door knobs.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:24 am

aford92 wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:1) He called Evra a "negrito" and claimed he was doing it in a friendly manner, regarding the fact that he and Evra are not friends.

2) He continued to rile up Evra, knowing full well that Evra was getting irritated. Yet he continued to do it. That doesn't sound like someone "who didn't know the word is offensive in Europe"

3) He has been in Europe, surrounded by many black players, so I don't understand how he doesn't know that that word would be offensive to many people.

Conclusion: Well done the FA for stamping down on a serious issue such as this and setting a precedent towards others. Racism should not be tolerated in football.

Racist or not he called him a name. So what! When did 'Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me' stop being relevant. There are no words that can describe how little I would care if somebody called me a 'honky' or a 'cracka'. They are words and words don't hurt!

This post is so ignorant it is amazing, in fact it comes from the school of Sepp Blatter just shake hands ffs.

If I go down the street and call a black dude a slave who should wear a noose at all times....who cares they're only names!

How about if I call a descendant of a Hiroshima victim a mutant? Who cares though its only a name

wtf names have psychological impacts ffs I dont want to and dont deserve to live in a world where ignorant motherfcukers can just call anyone any disgusting thing they want only because its just a word

the ignorance is fcuking blinding me

either way Suarez is a douche and so is Evra 8 match ban is lolworthy whether its deserved who knows, F it maybe now he wont go around and just call any black person a negrito....might save his life lol

do that round where I live and expect to get more than a fine and a football ban LOL
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by honduran09 Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:34 am

elmystique wrote:
honduran09 wrote:First off i want to say wow to the level of complete stupidity on this

forum

I just read through all 16 pages and have come to the conclusion that

anybody that is arguing that negrito is a racial slur is a complete and

utter dumbass

Why? because as Che and others have pointed out time and time

again negrito is a nickname that spanish speakers not just urguyans

and argentines use.

For instance I am Honduran- American my sister's nickname is china or

chinita I have on countless times called people negro or negrito

including people who are friends and non friends.

That does not make me a racist because it is not racist.

To imply that people living in south america and central america know

that word negro or negrito might have negative connotations in the

western world is idiotic.

For instance my mother would always refer to black people as el

negrito or negrita and I have never heard or seen anybody take

offense and remember i live in America so i am sorry but if you are not

a native spanish speaker do not try to tell us what our words mean

Thank you those are my two cents

your mother calls people in America negro and they don't get offended.....

and even if they don't means the rest of the people you don't know shouldn't likewise,

am not sure your mother called any black person in America "el-negro" did she.....

so stop lying ....
i can assure you she did and so have i on countless occasions words are offensive depending on the tone you use them i have friends who have called me a beaner and i take no offense to it, but yet other people have called me el indito or beaner with a different tone and i have taken offense

to say suarez meant to say it this way or that way is illogical because firstly there is no evidence that he said it in the first place and secondly its happening in a derby hell would you give a guy an 8 match ban if he insulted the other player by calling him an a hole or something
honduran09
honduran09
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:34 am

I can see it now. Suarez comes back from his 8 match ban all ready to play when suddenly an FA official sees him and says: "Oh is your 8 match ban over? Well here have another three for flipping off the Fulham fans."

lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:45 am

and lol @ this nickname stuff since when was a nickname official, I could go to the heart of a Congo village and create Cracka as a non offensive word used to describe white people who are friendly

then go down to London and start using Cracka all over the place because its a nickname and I dont know better, yea that would go down well

dont make me laugh

the word negro may mean black in spanish but we're in England a country that does not speak spanish ffs

and in England black means black not negro

further more, the man is using the word to someone who is not of South American origin

me I personally dont care and I do think that the punishment is harsh and he probably was not using it with intent to "hurt" Evra but I'd like to see him use that word freely on the streets where people wont be worried about getting a yellow card and see the reaction he would get
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:25 am

You guys are missing something, From the LFC website -

We find it extraordinary that Luis can be found guilty on the word of Patrice Evra alone when no-one else on the field of play - including Evra's own Manchester United teammates and all the match officials - heard the alleged conversation between the two players in a crowded Kop goalmouth while a corner kick was about to be taken.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:28 am

^ didnt Suarez admit to it himself?
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:31 am

Unfortunately, this latest series of events, culminating in the FA levelling an eight-match ban and £40,000 fine against the Liverpool player, does not appear to have brought us any closer to a real conclusion in the matter. This is in part due to Liverpool’s strongly-worded response to the decision, one that leaves no doubt that based on the evidence they have been privy to they see no merit in the charges of racism levelled at Suarez. More importantly, though, it is because of the fact that the FA has deigned to as yet release any of the evidence used to convict Suarez with today.
That the club could be expected to support their player—as well as their brand, which could be expected to take a hit should serious charges of this nature be proven—is certainly a consideration. Yet if the FA in fact had a wealth of previously unreleased evidence that played a role in this decision, and if the club was aware of it, then it would be equally difficult to believe the club would continue to support their player in such combative terms in the full knowledge of the further damage that would be done to their reputation should it later be learned that they supported the player in the full knowledge of him having engaged in such racist actions as would justify today’s heavy punishment.
However, if the FA in fact does not have this additional incriminating evidence on top of what has been publicly reported concerning the case to date, then it becomes exceedingly difficult to accept that the punishment handed down today fits the crime. To date, in fact, the only reported, racially charged exchange between the two players occurred following the corner where Patrice Evra originally claimed he had been called a racist term by Suarez over ten times:
Shortly after the corner, referee Andre Marriner called the pair together for a lecture. Suárez apologised and attempted to pat the United full-back on the head. “Don’t touch me, you South American,’’ Evra is alleged to have said. To which, the Uruguayan replied: “Porque, Negro?’’
People on different sides can argue whether Evra’s initial comment in the above exchange, using the term “South American” as a racial epithet, was in fact the worse of the two phrases uttered by the two players. And they can argue if the term that Suarez used being more acceptable in South America is or is not a mitigating factor. However, it would be difficult to argue that based on that exchange alone the second player is deserving of an eight match ban and hefty fine while the instigator’s only possible crime was that of being the victim.
Liverpool’s response to the FA ruling, too, suggests that it was in fact not this exchange that led to the eight match ban Suarez faces pending appeal:
We find it extraordinary that Luis can be found guilty on the word of Patrice Evra alone when no-one else on the field of play—including Evra’s own Manchester United teammates and all the match officials—heard the alleged conversation between the two players in a crowded Kop goalmouth while a corner kick was about to be taken.
Here they talk instead about an event that happened prior to the corner being taken, suggesting that it was this earlier event—the one Evra initially referred to when accusing Suarez—that is the basis for the eight match ban, and that moreover it is only Evra’s word with no supporting evidence that has been used in order to reach today’s verdict. This would perhaps make a kind of sense, as more than two months after the incident there has been no reported proof of any such earlier event, and, despite delaying their decision a further four days after originally intending to release it last Friday, the FA has recklessly chosen to keep secret any proof they may in fact have of such earlier actions that would justify Suarez’ heavy punishment. If this is the case, however, it would only seem to make today’s verdict regrettably misguided at best, as beyond the prospect of an eight match ban based solely on the taking of one player’s word over another’s there is also a more lasting punishment to be found in Suarez having his name now permanently linked to the term “racist” in the minds of most English-speaking football fans.
All of which leaves anybody without a previously existing determination to vilify the Liverpool striker in exactly the same place they were last week or last month: Without the slightest clue where the truth actually lies or if there was in fact any hard evidence of racial abuse seen by the FA panel in order to reach their decision. It is, to put it simply, one more unfortunate development in a case that, no matter its eventual outcome or where the truth actually lies, has seemed nothing but a string of failures and incompetence by those charged with guiding professional football in England.

Spoiler:
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:42 am

Why didn't Fergie get punished for his "typical Germans" comment? Isn't that just as bad?

Although he did somewhat get his punishment by having an epic fail of a group stage ...

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:22 am

I blame Suarez for picking a fight (or making fun ) with Patrice Evra, as we know the latter is one POS double faced hypocrite who betrayed his own nation in the WC.

Patrice Evra reminds me of those sore losers who would accuse you for things that you cant imagine.

Off course 8 matches ban is not enough when it comes to racism but I expect FA to do the same for everyone who throws abusive remarks to the opponents in the future.

I doubt they would do the same to Terry... * its getting interesting*

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:38 am

Not relevant but

:coffee:Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 22 396859_297840306926203_138934969483405_904081_1830106070_n
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:43 am

Zealous wrote:Meh this is a guy who bites people in the middle of matches and makes fun of other people's drug addictions that they were fighting.

Evra isn't a saint either lol. If you ask me it was a clash of two douche bags. Liverpool completely failed to sweep this under the rug imo. They can take a few pointers from Barca on how to handle their players being complete door knobs.

I'm sorry. Have you been paying attention to the situation at all, or did you only start to pay attention when the FA came crashing down on Suarez's head solely based on the allegations of Evra alone? Perhaps you missed LFC's reaction throughout this entire joke of an "investigation." The constant appeals for a swift resolution to the investigation; statements of full cooperation with the investigating parties; and the consistent and unwavering public support for Luis Suarez after several days of internal investigation into the incident are just some of the public actions/statements LFC have taken/made in the wake of the original accusations made by Evra. Perhaps it's just me, but I think public statements and the general drawing of attention to the topic in hopes of a quick resolution is an AWFUL way of "sweeping it under the rug." In that way, I suppose I do agree with you, They did a horrible job of sweeping it under the rug. However, this is due to the fact there was never any illicit attempt to "cover up" the issue, stemming from some sort of elitist sense of entitlement LFC supposedly enjoy. The accusation that there was any such attempt is libelous and ignorant.

As for Suarez picking a fight with Evra... OF COURSE HE DID!!! I would've tried to do the same thing. In sports, you try to gain an advantage over your opponent physically, mentally and emotionally. If you can get your opponent focused on what you are saying to them and not the game, you have just gained an advantage over them. This is what you do when you come up against an opponent that you know is easily excitable. I fully believe that Suarez was trying to get Evra excited through his banter. I do not, however, believe that Suarez was trying to get Evra excited by the words he has supposedly used to refer to Evra. That is, I do not believe he meant to get him riled up any more than if I were to call someone "buddy" or "pal" when I know full well that they hate my guts. It is a time-tested technique guaranteed to infuriate your opposition and afford you a mental and emotional advantage. The terms Suarez used and his intention in behind using them are subject to question, but to attack him for this technique is asinine. Athletes across the world use this technique and it is nothing more than harmless gamesmanship.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:33 am

300 posts later there is nothing new in this thread.

Just a bunch of people being :brickwall: to the situation.......and specualting whether or not Suarez meant racial offence when he said a proven to be racially acceptable word by his lexicon.

Now.Red posted this , but I don't know WTH he removed it but have a read.

> An article outlining the role and history of racism in English professional football....good pre-reading to anyone who wants to truly gain a deep understanding of the context-http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2001/dec/18/highereducation.books

A case study for you to look at......a real racism case with actual merit....that was not enforced.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/schmeichel-faces-racist-abuse-charge-1279851.html?CMP=ILC-refresh

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/schmeichel-faces-racist-abuse-charge-1279851.html?CMP=ILC-refresh

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/LIES!%3B+Fergie+fury+over+Wright+race+slur+on+Schmeichel.-a061127771

In this case now punishment was handed out.If you read through this understanding you will clearly see that Sir Alex Ferguson continued Criticism of Suarez and Gus Poyet- an outspoken defender of Suarez is ironic , prejucaical and inflamatory, and derogotary.

Patrice Evra never played the race card before? Don't believe that idiot article spreading like wildfire across Man Utd forums.

How can one actively pusue a Racism case without a plaintiff..........that's all there is really, he would've had to bring the matter up.....wether he choose to pusue it legally and exhaustively is a deifferent matter.Anyway......those claims only mention PL incidents, here is another incident where he "played" the race card

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/793670/ce/uk/&cc=3888

Bear in mind that you can play the race card in many ways and for many reasons......not soley to see legal punishment brought upon it's accuser.It can be done for slander and it can be done to evoke sympathy.

Everything needed to defend Luis has already been said in this thread, I won't bother tho repost any of it.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:31 am

i dont care if its common in south america

its like the word handicap for example

we all know perfectly well what it literally means but we use it to call our mates when they do something we dont like

what would a real disabled person think of you if you went up to him and called him a handicap...very sad no???

same thing here, people feel very offended when they are called names that are there as either stereotypical or things they cant control themselves

The literal meaning is KNOWN by everybody but in everyday cases can be used for different situations(with your mates)

and to use it against the group of people that its being stereotypically described as directly, its just morally wrong and stupid
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:31 am

Senor Penguin wrote:Why didn't Fergie get punished for his "typical Germans" comment? Isn't that just as bad?

Although he did somewhat get his punishment by having an epic fail of a group stage ...

:facepalm:

If you can't see that there's a difference between "typical germans" and "typical negroes/n******" than there's really no point in trying to explain it to you.
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:35 am

bhends wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:Why didn't Fergie get punished for his "typical Germans" comment? Isn't that just as bad?

If you can't see that there's a difference between "typical germans" and "typical negroes/n******" than there's really no point in trying to explain it to you.

"typical germans" has social darwinist undertones.

Anyway why didn't schmeicel get punished for calling Wright a "black bastard"?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:39 am

bhends wrote:

It was explained at least a billion times in this thread that in South America "negrito" (which Suarez supposedly said) isn't even a racist slur nor does it mean anything in the lines of "n******" - whatever that is.

So why does Suarez get a punishment for that and Fergie goes unpunished for a comment like "typical Germans"? Fergie made his comment out in the open during an interview. It's on footage for Gawd's sake. It may not be racism but it sure as hell is equally inappropriate and he didn't receive any kind of punishment for it.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:04 am

julias wrote:
aford92 wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:1) He called Evra a "negrito" and claimed he was doing it in a friendly manner, regarding the fact that he and Evra are not friends.

2) He continued to rile up Evra, knowing full well that Evra was getting irritated. Yet he continued to do it. That doesn't sound like someone "who didn't know the word is offensive in Europe"

3) He has been in Europe, surrounded by many black players, so I don't understand how he doesn't know that that word would be offensive to many people.

Conclusion: Well done the FA for stamping down on a serious issue such as this and setting a precedent towards others. Racism should not be tolerated in football.

Racist or not he called him a name. So what! When did 'Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me' stop being relevant. There are no words that can describe how little I would care if somebody called me a 'honky' or a 'cracka'. They are words and words don't hurt!

This post is so ignorant it is amazing, in fact it comes from the school of Sepp Blatter just shake hands ffs.

If I go down the street and call a black dude a slave who should wear a noose at all times....who cares they're only names!

How about if I call a descendant of a Hiroshima victim a mutant? Who cares though its only a name

wtf names have psychological impacts ffs I dont want to and dont deserve to live in a world where ignorant motherfcukers can just call anyone any disgusting thing they want only because its just a word

the ignorance is fcuking blinding me

exactly what I have been trying to explain to aford and his friends, the amount of ignorant posts in this thread is unbelievable, with people backing the stupidity of Suarez's comment as being of cultural limitations....

when did culture become the vanguard for verbal racism?
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:10 am

bhends wrote:

Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up

might explain that to rajbirjosh as well...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:11 am

Can't believe Evra is walking free after all this
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:13 am

After reading 30 pages, yes I read 30 pages of opinions, I think I may have some sort of opinion on this matter.

First off, Liverpool have 14 days to appeal and can very well get the banned over turned. This whole thing is a mixture of cultural differences, political correctness and some rather weird decisions from the upper echelons of English football.

The cultural differences with the word "negrito" have been explained thoroughly on this thread. As dear Nigral wrote, negrito in South America isn't a racial slur nor an insult, it's an endearing term apparently. The problem there is the "negro" part of the word (despite the word "negro" not even forming part of the word but the human mind works funny sometimes). It is very easy to presume Evra hearing that word and thinking "WTF he just called me?" considering he isn't from Uruguay nor has any knowledge of life in a South America country. And thus, (assuming Evra's character) Evra pulls out the race card as he deems that word offensive. And here is where political correctness comes into play.

While I know many of you have experienced some level of discrimination, historically, Black people have been targeted constantly, even from their own. So as someone from who is from a black family and did Caribbean History as a 2nd major, I can understand how these words can be mighty offensive to alot of black people. Even if the intent had no malice at all, it something that could send one's blood boiling. Remnants of fire hoses, German Shepherds, "boy", back of the bus and of course, 400 years of free labour and all that jazz. With that said, the political correctness that is taking place with the FA is insane. Jesus Christ, a simple research and warning would have easily suffice but no, they had to make a big deal out of something that isn't a big deal. Yes, there are MUCH worse things that has been done to black people than calling them "negrito" over and over (apparently). Where are the calm heads in the FA? The ones that would sit down and tell everyone to relax and handle this delicately.

And now for the FA themselves to which I put all the blame on. Yes Utd fans and Anti-Racist Warriors (elmystique?), the FA f'ed this up so badly. Now, if two people have an argument that no one else heard, how does one have evidence to charge ONE person over the other? How does one word supersede the other in such a harsh manner? I hope the English FA have some platinum evidence because this could turn out really badly for them. I know they want to show face when it comes racism in football but this isn't some issue with a player swearing in front of a camera, racism is not black and white. It has many forms, many approaches that it requires a lot more guile than just to ban anyone who says something "racist" because someone says it's racist. This bullish manner is not gonna cut it and I believe either the ban would be over turned or Liverpool is gonna drag the FA through the courts.

That ends my rant on this. Don't think it's popular nor legible but one tries...

Last edited by Doc on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:13 am

Id 8-2 be an liverpool fan now lol
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:14 am

RealGunner wrote:Can't believe Evra is walking free after all this

if Evra indeed insulted Suarez's nationality, he must be punished with an 8 match ban as well...

but the thing is Suarez hasn't denied saying he used "negrito" and whether it means pal or not in South America,

this is NOT South America....

he deserves the punishment until proven innocent.... no matter the tone in which he used it...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:16 am

elmystique wrote:
bhends wrote:

Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up

might explain that to rajbirjosh as well...

So first off.........the "typical" in the Fergie quotes shows a direct discriminatory quality.

Negro.....by itself is literally a word by which black people have been called.....but is now considered racist.Fine.

Negrito is a coloquial term for "pal" "mate: etc in South America.

Stop writing bullshit........Suarez did not say "typical negro"
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:16 am

I am not interested in what suarez said and what he didn't. Evra is equally guilty, if FA are letting him walk free then what does that say about the Association ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 38 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30 ... 38  Next