FennecFox7
Potential
TheRedStag
justdoit_
Arquitecto
91 posters

Page 14 of 38 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 38  Next

Go down

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 14 Empty Re: Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:01 pm

honduran09 wrote:First off i want to say wow to the level of complete stupidity on this

forum

I just read through all 16 pages and have come to the conclusion that

anybody that is arguing that negrito is a racial slur is a complete and

utter dumbass

Why? because as Che and others have pointed out time and time

again negrito is a nickname that spanish speakers not just urguyans

and argentines use.

For instance I am Honduran- American my sister's nickname is china or

chinita I have on countless times called people negro or negrito

including people who are friends and non friends.

That does not make me a racist because it is not racist.

To imply that people living in south america and central america know

that word negro or negrito might have negative connotations in the

western world is idiotic.

For instance my mother would always refer to black people as el

negrito or negrita and I have never heard or seen anybody take

offense and remember i live in America so i am sorry but if you are not

a native spanish speaker do not try to tell us what our words mean

Thank you those are my two cents

your mother calls people in America negro and they don't get offended.....

and even if they don't means the rest of the people you don't know shouldn't likewise,

am not sure your mother called any black person in America "el-negro" did she.....

so stop lying ....

elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 14 Empty Re: Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

Post by Seth Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:01 pm

17 pages of rant =O

Now... I think that Suarez really got it harsh to be punished with 8 match ban for something that could results from a misunderstanding, but at the same time, I can also see why it is necessary for FA to start a witch hunt...

I'd expect Terry to get a worse punishment though, seeing that Ferdinand actually filed a police claim as opposed to Evra where he specifically said "Suarez is not racist"

Seth
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:01 pm

poolsupporter wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:
Grande_Milano wrote:8 match ban is just too much, u know whats coming for Evra in next few MU matches. Fans are gonna tear him apart

Why would they tear him apart? More like everyone will tear apart the racist. Suarez's rep is done, finished...kapuut!

He will forever been known as that racist guy for the rest of his career.

Thoughts on Hernandez using the same word?

Exactly what I was wondering Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 14 Empty Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

Post by Nishankly Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:39 pm

Liverpool Football Club is very surprised and disappointed with the decision of the Football Association Commission to find Luis Suarez guilty of the charges against him.

We look forward to the publication of the Commission's Judgment. We will study the detailed reasons of the Commission once they become available, but reserve our right to appeal or take any other course of action we feel appropriate with regards to this situation.

We find it extraordinary that Luis can be found guilty on the word of Patrice Evra alone when no-one else on the field of play - including Evra's own Manchester United teammates and all the match officials - heard the alleged conversation between the two players in a crowded Kop goalmouth while a corner kick was about to be taken.

The Club takes extremely seriously the fight against all forms of discrimination and has a long and successful track record in work relating to anti-racist activity and social inclusion. We remain committed to this ideal and equality for all, irrespective of a person's background.

LFC considers racism in any form to be unacceptable - without compromise. It is our strong held belief, having gone over the facts of the case, that Luis Suarez did not commit any racist act. It is also our opinion that the accusation by this particular player was not credible - certainly no more credible than his prior unfounded accusations.

It is key to note that Patrice Evra himself in his written statement in this case said 'I don't think that Luis Suarez is racist'. The FA in their opening remarks accepted that Luis Suarez was not racist.

Luis himself is of a mixed race family background as his grandfather was black. He has been personally involved since the 2010 World Cup in a charitable project which uses sport to encourage solidarity amongst people of different backgrounds with the central theme that the colour of a person's skin does not matter; they can all play together as a team.

He has played with black players and mixed with their families whilst with the Uruguay national side and was Captain at Ajax Amsterdam of a team with a proud multi-cultural profile, many of whom became good friends.

It seems incredible to us that a player of mixed heritage should be accused and found guilty in the way he has based on the evidence presented. We do not recognise the way in which Luis Suarez has been characterised.

It appears to us that the FA were determined to bring charges against Luis Suarez, even before interviewing him at the beginning of November. Nothing we have heard in the course of the hearing has changed our view that Luis Suarez is innocent of the charges brought against him and we will provide Luis with whatever support he now needs to clear his name.

We would also like to know when the FA intend to charge Patrice Evra with making abusive remarks to an opponent after he admitted himself in his evidence to insulting Luis Suarez in Spanish in the most objectionable of terms. Luis, to his credit, actually told the FA he had not heard the insult.

So to all of you CURSING Suarez is a racist WITHOUT ANY *bleep* EVIDENCE ..

Can't beleive it.. Both Sepi and Pool posted this .. Do you guys even read the posts? Shocked

He has been charged guilty on account of one guy. That is EVRA himself .. FFS .. Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

And before you start throwing personal abuses or calling me a racist, At least understand the fact that there was no proof. And where was the fa when Evra accused Finnan or the linesman?

RG please do not lock this thread. All i want to know is why are people abusing Suarez without proof?
Is a bit off.

Last edited by Nishank on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgal Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:40 pm

Let's see if this can be kept calm.

The fact that the first post says "absurd and stupid" doesn't help.

Last edited by Nirgal on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nirgal
Nirgal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:40 pm

Sepi wrote:Hope Suarez scores a hattrick tomorrow, pulls his shorts down, gets his penis out and shoots his load on FA representative @ DW.

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:40 pm

I think people are making the mistake of thinking that they know the full story. The truth will come out, they didn't give him eight games for nothing.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:42 pm

justdoit_ wrote:I think people are making the mistake of thinking that they know the full story. The truth will come out, they didn't give him eight games for nothing.

It's the FA.

everyone hates them.

so the bolded part is bollocks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:42 pm

Nirgal wrote:Let's see if this can be kept calm.

Yes. But isnt it wrong to accuse someone without knowing the full story?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:42 pm

Mods closed it for a reason....

justdoit_ wrote:I think people are making the mistake of thinking that they know the full story. The truth will come out, they didn't give him eight games for nothing.

It's the FA.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:45 pm

When exactly does the ban start or has anything been said.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:46 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:When exactly does the ban start or has anything been said.

14 days to appeal.

He can still play agst Wigan.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgal Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:46 pm

Nishank wrote:

yes, but it's impossible to discuss if you start by throwing insults. The thread derails and we get nowhere in the conversation.
Nirgal
Nirgal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:47 pm

Nishank wrote:
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:When exactly does the ban start or has anything been said.

14 days to appeal.

And what about the other games within the 14 days?
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:48 pm

Thread opened again

Nishanks thread merged into this one.

I will delete ANY troll posts without any warning.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:48 pm

He gets to play all the games in the next two weeks, ICS.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:48 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
Nishank wrote:

14 days to appeal.

And what about the other games within the 14 days?

He can play.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:49 pm

The ban only comes through after the appeal process has a result from my understanding.

The penalty is suspended until after the outcome of any appeal, or the time for appealing expires, or should Mr Suarez decide not to appeal.

I've already made my views on the matter known, so I'm not going to engage in the 'racism' discussion again.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:49 pm

Nirgal wrote:
Nishank wrote:

yes, but it's impossible to discuss if you start by throwing insults. The thread derails and we get nowhere in the conversation.

Made it lighter.
But it was nothing compared to the last thread Very Happy
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:50 pm

We play City away in the league 14 days from now.

And if/when we appeal. I assume the ban cannot then start until the appeal hearing concludes.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:50 pm

I'd like to see how both Liverpool and the FA approach Patrice Evra after he admitted to breaking the same rule Suarez was charged for..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:51 pm

Dunno how Liverpool fan can be so Emo and defend him. Its got nothing to do with any vendetta from that FA that is a fallacy.

They are judging the player and the person by his actions.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:52 pm

poolsupporter wrote:

The ban only comes through after the appeal process has a result from my understanding.

The penalty is suspended until after the outcome of any appeal, or the time for appealing expires, or should Mr Suarez decide not to appeal.

I've already made my views on the matter known, so I'm not going to engage in the 'racism' discussion again.

Thanks Poolsupporter.

Thats what I wanted to know.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:53 pm

GyansDancingBoots wrote:Dunno how Liverpool fan can be so Emo and defend him. Its got nothing to do with any vendetta from that FA that is a fallacy.

I will continue to defend him until my club does.

His previous record does not hold shit in this case.

The proof of "these actions" is only Evra till now. Until i get some "proof" not related to a united to any way. I WILL DEFEND HIM.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgal Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:53 pm

GyansDancingBoots wrote:Dunno how Liverpool fan can be so Emo and defend him. Its got nothing to do with any vendetta from that FA that is a fallacy.

I'm not a liverpool fan. I just think it's a misunderstading.
Nirgal
Nirgal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:55 pm

Emo? Laughing wtf.

Mate. If there's clear evidence of him saying a racial slur, I'll agree with the ban.

But Evra's word? I mean, the same guy that's said a referee was racist because the referee looked at him? scratch
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 38 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 38  Next