Le Samourai
El Chelsea Fuerte
spanky
LeBĂ©ninois
Highburied
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Will RVP leave Arsenal? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will RVP leave Arsenal?

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:18 pm

I don't know about you but if a company was offering me three times more money than what my current company was giving as well as a guarantee from the new company that their plan would be very successful in the future, I'll jump boat with no hesitation and so will all of you.

Football is a job to some people and footballers are employees. Get that stuck in your head and we'll see a drastic decline in the amount of nonsense comments posted after a player leaves someone's favorite club.

Last edited by english_jewel on Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:19 pm

Adit wrote:Your whole nasri is a "money whore" theory now hangs on him not choosing Mnchester United lol,how fair of a judgement is that ?

So you made it sure Nasri is a money whore bcz of a sky sports rumor? lol

Manutd where even loaded with wingers at the moment lol and he isnt fast enough to play in uniteds counter throw wings system.He cant play in centre midfield either.

Judging a player by a rumor with out knowing his actual personality is indeed not at all fair lol

I suppose Henry signing for barca in 2008 was for money as well?

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=nasri+ferguson&oq=nasri+ferguson&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=2606l5179l0l5401l14l12l0l0l0l2l1131l5534l2-3.2.2.1.2.1l11l0&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=d6b7c50fe1987ca1&biw=1280&bih=668

It's not just a sky sports rumour, Ferguson was quoted in a press conference, you didn't even read it. Ferguson was after him and who are you to judge him if he can't play there lol. You're annoying just repeating the same stuff just cut it out.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:22 pm

Arsenal fans aren't butthurt on Nasri leaving, we're butthurt due to Fabregas leaving (which was inevitable, anyways).

Any half decently informed Arsenal fan knows that Nasri is a good player, but does not deserve the hype and definitely not the near 200k salary he has right now.

Yeah, it makes sence long term and it's all about him. Which is our point: he's a money hungry self centered bitch.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:23 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Adit wrote:Your whole nasri is a "money whore" theory now hangs on him not choosing Mnchester United lol,how fair of a judgement is that ?

So you made it sure Nasri is a money whore bcz of a sky sports rumor? lol

Manutd where even loaded with wingers at the moment lol and he isnt fast enough to play in uniteds counter throw wings system.He cant play in centre midfield either.

Judging a player by a rumor with out knowing his actual personality is indeed not at all fair lol

I suppose Henry signing for barca in 2008 was for money as well?

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=nasri+ferguson&oq=nasri+ferguson&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=2606l5179l0l5401l14l12l0l0l0l2l1131l5534l2-3.2.2.1.2.1l11l0&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=d6b7c50fe1987ca1&biw=1280&bih=668

It's not just a sky sports rumour, Ferguson was quoted in a press conference, you didn't even read it. Ferguson was after him and who are you to judge him if he can't play there lol. You're annoying just repeating the same stuff just cut it out.

You're deluded.

City are just as likely as Man Utd if not more to win trophies in the future with the amazing squad they have assembled with their millions. If you think that somehow Nasri joining Man City ahead of Man Utd shows he wasn't after trophies but rather money than you're in deep denial.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:27 pm

english_jewel wrote:You're deluded.

City are just as likely as Man Utd if not more to win trophies in the future with the amazing squad they have assembled with their millions. If you think that somehow Nasri joining Man City ahead of Man Utd shows he wasn't after trophies but rather money than you're in deep denial.

When Nasri joined Manchester City, Man Utd were the best team in EPL and the second best team in the world, tell me how was Manchester City more likely to win trophies?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:31 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
english_jewel wrote:You're deluded.

When Nasri joined Manchester City, Man Utd were the best team in EPL and the second best team in the world, tell me how was Manchester City more likely to win trophies?

Are Man Utd the best team in the EPL now? No it's City.

Are Man Utd the best team in the world now? No, it's Barcelona and on top of that they're in the Europa League (and so are City, so it's pointless to argue on that front. However lets not forget Man City had a much harder group).

Tell me how Man Utd are a better team than City. 6-1'd much?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:41 pm

english_jewel wrote:Are Man Utd the best team in the EPL now? No it's City.

Are Man Utd the best team in the world now? No, it's Barcelona and on top of that they're in the Europa League (and so are City, so it's pointless to argue on that front. However lets not forget Man City had a much harder group).

You didn't answer my question, when Nasri joined Manchester City, wasn't Manchester United the second best team in the world? Three champions league finals in 4 years, best team in EPL, that's what you choose if you're "ambitious", but he instead choosed to join the FA Cup winners Laughing how ambitious.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:44 pm

We all know Nasri left because we wouldn't give him a pay raise. NOT BECAUSE CITY WANTED HIM FFS.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:45 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

The difference is not ALL athletes think about money as this is only a recent, but growing trend.

He left because he knew he wasn't capable of such a challenge along with the pressure of winning with a team under such circumstance. Quite obvious he took the easy way out to ride with the team where it'll be easier for him.

Difference is he won't be remembered for this trophy simply because he has been garbage since he has been there.

Trophies to your name won't do anything as its only the performances, ethic and to some extent, the sacrifice you make for your team.

Nobody will remember such a player because he will come and go just like the rest of the athletes who succumb to the easy way out yet look back and wonder why they don't get the recognition they think they would've had.

Athletes' dream is to cement a legacy and be remembered along with having their legacy spoken about.

At the age of 24-25 and having done very little in his career Nasri most likely be remembered by a group of City fans yet even that will be forgotten.

Most recent example of a player who moved for money yet did not receive glory or recognition is Flamini who despite playing much and having decent performances for Milan in their scudetto year, won't be remembered and currently isn't mentioned among the true winners of the trophy.

He wants money? With 60k a week he could have invested that money to secure his 'future' and make even thrice that.

Simply the mark of another athlete that will come and go.

Does he want to be remembered the way you describe? i dont know, but there is nothing wrong with looking out for the best situation he can get out of life to maximize his enjoyment through football, while filling up his pockets.

You guys are behind too poetic about fanhood, legacy and what not. It's admirable, but he probably doesnt care. just a hustler making his way out there. If he wants to be remembered, he will just have to work hard at making himself a starter for City. It's way too early to affirm that he cant, specially when he is only in his first year of contract.

Good god, is anyone having a deja vu here as Sportczy's and the Arsenal fans had the same argument before he went on to say how poetic Arsenal fans are. Thats an old excuse.

See, its not about how HE wants to be remembered or what HE wants. As evidenced by his comments within Arsenal, what he wanted was glory, to win and work with his team, to be his teams leader, to EARN his glory, and to honor and repay for the fans and Wenger have done for him.

If he went the Tevez route of words then his need for money would be understandable.

But ask Arsenal fans and they will tell you it wasn't about that.

Funny thing is, he showed the whole footballing world a lousy hypocrite he is by switching to a money club like City.

Cristiano Ronaldo earned his right to go to another club because he won with his club and did all he could for them.

Nasri did only half a season and was average the rest of his Arsenal career.

Difference is he did not EARN the reason to switch clubs like this by making ultimatums to his club and consistently whining.

And its not to early considering he is nearing his prime along with the fact that City switch players like Valencian prostitute do their districts.

Athletes in general don't grow up thinking "I wanna play so I can earn lots of money and be rich".

They think about how people will remember them and their legacy.

Nasri made it clear what he wanted and his words within his time of the club was just THAT.

Arsenal fans don't even care that he left now and I can tell you that.

Cesc Fabregas, a man who has less trophies in Arsenal than Batistuta in his whole career is remembered as an Arsenal great due to his commitments and what he tried to do for the club along with his performances.

Footballing fans remember performances, not trophies.

Speaking of Batistuta, he won literally nothing in his club career aside from a Serie A with Roma and a couple of small trophies in Fiorentina.

Yet the world will remember him for what he was in Fiorentina and not Roma or Inter.

Not only do they speak of his sacrifice, commitment and dedication, but his performances.

Nasri so far in any club isn't remembered for anything to be honest or worth noting.

There is nothing romantic or poetic here as this is simply what defines football and what it is at its best.

As mentioned, he couldn't face up to the challenge simply because he does not possess the character or mentality to do so.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:04 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Good god, is anyone having a deja vu here as Sportczy's and the Arsenal fans had the same argument before he went on to say how poetic Arsenal fans are. Thats an old excuse.

See, its not about how HE wants to be remembered or what HE wants. As evidenced by his comments within Arsenal, what he wanted was glory, to win and work with his team, to be his teams leader, to EARN his glory, and to honor and repay for the fans and Wenger have done for him.

If he went the Tevez route of words then his need for money would be understandable.

Funny thing is, he showed the whole footballing world a lousy hypocrite he is by switching to a money club like City.

Cristiano Ronaldo earned his right to go to another club because he won with his club and did all he could for them.

Difference is he did not EARN the reason to switch clubs like this by making ultimatums to his club and consistently whining.

And its not to early considering he is nearing his prime along with the fact that City switch players like Valencian prostitute do their districts.

Athletes in general don't grow up thinking "I wanna play so I can earn lots of money and be rich".

Nasri made it clear what he wanted and his words within his time of the club was just THAT.

Cesc Fabregas, a man who has less trophies in Arsenal than Batistuta in his whole career is remembered as an Arsenal great due to his commitments and what he tried to do for the club along with his performances.

Speaking of Batistuta, he won literally nothing in his club career aside from a Serie A with Roma and a couple of small trophies in Fiorentina.

Yet the world will remember him for what he was in Fiorentina and not Roma or Inter.

Not only do they speak of his sacrifice, commitment and dedication, but his performances.

Nasri so far in any club isn't remembered for anything to be honest or worth noting.

There is nothing romantic or poetic here as this is simply what defines football and what it is at its best.

As mentioned, he couldn't face up to the challenge simply because he does not possess the character or mentality to do so.

:lol!: i dont recall that argument

It's very much about him, not the way we perceive him. I'm not sure about what he was saying when he joined Arsenal, but you tap very much into what i am saying. Who knows, maybe he was a naive and romantic kid, and he happened to grow up!

He made a grown up choice to leave a club that wasnt "focused on winning" and was offering him low wages to go someplace where winning is the club 1st and foremost mission, and where he can make a lot more money. Are we really judging him for a decision he made to better his individual career and his life? As long as he is an happier person, isnt he legitimate in his choice?

All that "Earning the right to leave the club" is way too poetic imo. It's the same thing again, he was in a situation where he needed the make the best decision for the next 5 years of his life. Ronaldo is a different situation all together, he was well within his contract and was allowed to go out, because he had done so much for the club already. And despite "earning" that right to go out, Manchester did not make it easier for him to leave. Those 90M were no discount, and again, it was about money.

All that Legacy rhetoric is great for dreaming, but real life is a whole other ball game. As much as Athletes want to be remembered, they wont put their career and their life in a pinch for legacy. We are talking as if Nasri spent 5 years at City and did nothing. He is in his first year, and like i said, if he is really that concerned about legacy, he will embrace city and make something special out of his time there.

Dude, as much as Cesc wanted to help Arsenal, it got to a point where he had to move on with his life. sure, maybe Nasri cant be credited of doing the same, but why would he take on the risk of a lost cause to his eyes?

What are we arguing about? whether Nasri was right to leave? or if he was a coward to leave? whichever it is, it's only his perspective that matters. If he didn believe in whatever project Wenger and Arsenal were putting together, it's the club's own fault for not projecting more ambition.

Last edited by St_Nick09_of_Goal on Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:08 pm

Nick speaking like a businessman who has shares at RM, City and PSG.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:14 pm

highburied wrote:Nick speaking like a businessman who has shares at RM, City and PSG.

Razz
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:15 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:

You didn't answer my question, when Nasri joined Manchester City, wasn't Manchester United the second best team in the world? Three champions league finals in 4 years, best team in EPL, that's what you choose if you're "ambitious", but he instead choosed to join the FA Cup winners Laughing how ambitious.

It feels like I'm arguing with a kid here.

Man Utd were better than Man City last season, yes. But anyone who was following the developments at Man City knew that it was only a matter of time before City started dominating and over-taking Man Utd because of the money they kept spending. Ultimately if you're going to keep buying quality players you're going to end up with a beast squad good enough to boss the league at least. Nasri knew this and he joined. And the fact that Man City are definitely much more superior to Man Utd currently and sit on top of the league with only one defeat shows that. Stop making it sound like Man City started dominating just like that as if they were Tottenham.

Nasri left for money and trophies. Period. You cannot argue against that. Of course to satisfy your agenda you will only use one part of that statement and say he left for money, and the Man City fan would point out that Arsenal are struggling to find the fourth spot while City sit on top so therefore he left for trophies. The reality is most players like a guarantee of both and they will go to the place where they can find the guarantee of both because that is the ambition of every top player, which is why mega rich clubs get top players more often than not to the despair of the other clubs.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:22 pm

RealGunner wrote:get back on topic please

last time
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:49 pm

Gladiator wrote:Completely irrelevant to what I said. In terms of scoring was mentioned for a reason.
They play on the wings, exactly how many goals do you want them to rack up in a little less than half a season? Big Gerv especially since switching leagues
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by aunshi Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:07 pm

Van Persie seems to have a deeper life long love for Arsenal (from Childhood and all) than Nasri and Fabregas.

It's silly to expect someone like Nasri to be super loyal to the club, if he had that sort of loyalty he wouldn't have joined Arsenal in the first place.

aunshi
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:04 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Good god, is anyone having a deja vu here as Sportczy's and the Arsenal fans had the same argument before he went on to say how poetic Arsenal fans are. Thats an old excuse.

:lol!: i dont recall that argument

It's very much about him, not the way we perceive him. I'm not sure about what he was saying when he joined Arsenal, but you tap very much into what i am saying. Who knows, maybe he was a naive and romantic kid, and he happened to grow up!

He made a grown up choice to leave a club that wasnt "focused on winning" and was offering him low wages to go someplace where winning is the club 1st and foremost mission, and where he can make a lot more money. Are we really judging him for a decision he made to better his individual career and his life? As long as he is an happier person, isnt he legitimate in his choice?

All that "Earning the right to leave the club" is way too poetic imo. It's the same thing again, he was in a situation where he needed the make the best decision for the next 5 years of his life. Ronaldo is a different situation all together, he was well within his contract and was allowed to go out, because he had done so much for the club already. And despite "earning" that right to go out, Manchester did not make it easier for him to leave. Those 90M were no discount, and again, it was about money.

All that Legacy rhetoric is great for dreaming, but real life is a whole other ball game. As much as Athletes want to be remembered, they wont put their career and their life in a pinch for legacy. We are talking as if Nasri spent 5 years at City and did nothing. He is in his first year, and like i said, if he is really that concerned about legacy, he will embrace city and make something special out of his time there.

Dude, as much as Cesc wanted to help Arsenal, it got to a point where he had to move on with his life. sure, maybe Nasri cant be credited of doing the same, but why would he take on the risk of a lost cause to his eyes?

What are we arguing about? whether Nasri was right to leave? or if he was a coward to leave? whichever it is, it's only his perspective that matters. If he didn believe in whatever project Wenger and Arsenal were putting together, it's the club's own fault for not projecting more ambition.

the arguement is that Nasri and RvPs situations are far different and that RvP will not act the same way Nasri has done

RvP will not come out and say some BS like dont believe the press when they say I want to leave like Nasri did

RvP will be honest and say lets see at the end of the season

even if RvP leaves he has given far more than Nasri did even in those injury plagued years, saying that I dont think RvP will leave at the end of this season he will see out his contract unless we finally win something or strengthen our team significantly

the point that Arsenal fans are making is that Nasri gave little to the club and expected alot, the man wanted to be a top earner alongside Cesc and RvP after giving what? 6 months of top class performances...how does that work

Cesc gave 8 years RvP 8 years and they never whined about wages......as you can imaging Arsenal fans will think that he is money hungry

I personally wish him well, I hope he gets what he is looking for but I am far more concerned with Arsenal and our captain
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:56 pm

english_jewel wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

It feels like I'm arguing with a kid here.

Man Utd were better than Man City last season, yes. But anyone who was following the developments at Man City knew that it was only a matter of time before City started dominating and over-taking Man Utd because of the money they kept spending. Ultimately if you're going to keep buying quality players you're going to end up with a beast squad good enough to boss the league at least. Nasri knew this and he joined. And the fact that Man City are definitely much more superior to Man Utd currently and sit on top of the league with only one defeat shows that. Stop making it sound like Man City started dominating just like that as if they were Tottenham.

Nasri left for money and trophies. Period. You cannot argue against that. Of course to satisfy your agenda you will only use one part of that statement and say he left for money, and the Man City fan would point out that Arsenal are struggling to find the fourth spot while City sit on top so therefore he left for trophies. The reality is most players like a guarantee of both and they will go to the place where they can find the guarantee of both because that is the ambition of every top player, which is why mega rich clubs get top players more often than not to the despair of the other clubs.

Man city is the best team, but lately they have been declining and Man united is a a 1 or 2 player away from taking Man city's spot. Man united have been there and done that for years.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesy Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:55 pm

I think he will stay there for the moment. There is a chance that he could leave, however I think that Wenger will do all he can to retain the services of RVP for the time being. I do think that RVP would like to stay as well. I don't buy into the idea of him not being a player who likes money, because it's been used so many times, however I don't think he's as greedy as someone like Nasri, for example, who clearly moved to City for the money, even if he prefers to state otherwise.

A lot of his future will depend on whether Arsenal manage to qualify for the Champions League this season or not. If they fail, then he may be tempted to at least consider his future.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum