Install the skinReturn to the skin page

I wanted to say something and ask something

+3
Twoism
Raptorgunner
DeviAngel
7 posters

Go down

I wanted to say something and ask something Empty I wanted to say something and ask something

Post by DeviAngel Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:47 am

First I wanna ask if Nasri and Fabregas were sold by Wenger? ( I know he didn't but to many ppl say this )

If so how the f* should wenger get the sack if u don't finish 4th ? The man is brain he is doing the max he can its not his fault that the board is so *bleep* up ...

I just hate when this things happen and I really have soft spot for u guys even thou I don't know so much about ur clubs history ur club is just to cute lol Very Happy

peace I hope I didn't insulted any1 with the post
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

I wanted to say something and ask something Empty Re: I wanted to say something and ask something

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:56 am

We had no choice but to sell Nasri and Cesc, they wanted to leave. Wenger did everything to keep them but in the end Nasri took the money over loyalty, and you know all about Cesc.

If anyone blames Wenger for Arsenal not finishing in the top 4 must be a blind and hater. Wenger is Arsenal, and at the moment there is no one better than him.

I am sure that we will finish in the top 4, we are only 3 points away, and the way the season started we are exactly where we want to be. I am sure by the end of year things will change and we could be in the 3 or 4 place.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

I wanted to say something and ask something Empty Re: I wanted to say something and ask something

Post by Twoism Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:07 am

Thanks Devi, great that you have soft spot for us

Wenger did not want to sell Fabregas and Nasri, in fact until the very end of transfer window, he still fully believed he could keep the two. Guess he was wrong to put his trust in them, I don't know Wenger personally but I could tell he's absolutely gutted selling them. Fabregas was like his son who he brought up for 8 years, he also put his head out for Nasri many times when he did not perform. He made those guys.

Wenger is not the one to sell his players, he never force any deal. We have made lot of successful deals over the years but the main factor in those deals was the players actually wanted out. From Anelka (his 1st profitable sale) to Overmars, Petit to Henry, Hleb and recently Fabregas and Nasri.

Agree 2nd part.
Wenger has done so much for this club, some fans will question him though, just different opinions. Majority of the fans will support him til his retirement, that's all that really matters. Juventus just built their own stadium so you must know, there will be cut back financially for several years, Wenger did the best that he could with available resources.

Cheers
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:28 am

Yes, Wenger was the one who sold Fabregas and Nasri. Every decision regarding transfers is made by Wenger. The board don't force him either way.

He tried immensely hard to keep the two of them. He said he felt extremely let down when Cesc asked to leave. He was like a son to Wenger. But Wenger in the end said he could go, because it was best for Cesc. There was little footballing reason behind the decision.

With Nasri, Wenger wanted to keep him despite his contract situation because he knew Cesc was leaving, but once it became completely apparent that Nasri wasn't re-signing, he had to sell. There was no choice.

Neither decision were forced by the board. The board gets a lot of rightful crticism regarding transfers but the only one they "wanted" to happen was Nasri leaving, because it made financial sense. I refuse to believe the board wanted to sell Cesc, or Henry, or Pires, etc. They were all Wenger's decision.

Incidentally, Wenger has complete control over every football matter at the club. The day the board ever over-rules him, or does something behind his back or against his will, is the day he resigns. He's said this himself.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:45 am

Twoism wrote:Thanks Devi, great that you have soft spot for us

Wenger did not want to sell Fabregas and Nasri, in fact until the very end of transfer window, he still fully believed he could keep the two. Guess he was wrong to put his trust in them, I don't know Wenger personally but I could tell he's absolutely gutted selling them. Fabregas was like his son who he brought up for 8 years, he also put his head out for Nasri many times when he did not perform. He made those guys.

Wenger is not the one to sell his players, he never force any deal. We have made lot of successful deals over the years but the main factor in those deals was the players actually wanted out. From Anelka (his 1st profitable sale) to Overmars, Petit to Henry, Hleb and recently Fabregas and Nasri.

Agree 2nd part.
Wenger has done so much for this club, some fans will question him though, just different opinions. Majority of the fans will support him til his retirement, that's all that really matters. Juventus just built their own stadium so you must know, there will be cut back financially for several years, Wenger did the best that he could with available resources.

Cheers

ty for the kind words and explanation ... Juve stadium was build from money saed by the first 2 seasons in Serie A under Ranieri and thats why in previous yrs ( 2008/2009) we didn't spend "to much"... By calculations we should have extra 20 mils to spend in Jan Smile) .

Btw there is January window no1 can judge what will happen until June. I mean look at Juve last year we were 2 points away from 1st place in January but after that Parma game everything changed. No matter how many good players u have there is luck factor to. With RvP on form ( I don't want to mention the I word with his name in same sentence ) u are going to be there.

Good Luck

Hope we see you in UCL next yr Very Happy
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:47 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Yes, Wenger was the one who sold Fabregas and Nasri. Every decision regarding transfers is made by Wenger. The board don't force him either way.

He tried immensely hard to keep the two of them. He said he felt extremely let down when Cesc asked to leave. He was like a son to Wenger. But Wenger in the end said he could go, because it was best for Cesc. There was little footballing reason behind the decision.

With Nasri, Wenger wanted to keep him despite his contract situation because he knew Cesc was leaving, but once it became completely apparent that Nasri wasn't re-signing, he had to sell. There was no choice.

Neither decision were forced by the board. The board gets a lot of rightful crticism regarding transfers but the only one they "wanted" to happen was Nasri leaving, because it made financial sense. I refuse to believe the board wanted to sell Cesc, or Henry, or Pires, etc. They were all Wenger's decision.

Incidentally, Wenger has complete control over every football matter at the club. The day the board ever over-rules him, or does something behind his back or against his will, is the day he resigns. He's said this himself.

I see where are you coming from but still If there is no Wenger there wouldn't even be "A" from the Arsenal we know today. What should have he done about Fabregas? He was crying for Barcelona for 2 yrs ffs Nasri wanted more cash than being loyal. those are the players that will never help a club in a bad period. Hnery had billion offers in his time in Arsenal and yet he stayed.

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:12 am

Don't get me wrong. I'm not criticising Wenger at all. Quite the opposite, actually, as I had accepted Cesc was gone and losing Nasri was never going to be a big loss. No matter how good they are, no player is bigger than the club and if he doesn't want to be here, he should be sold.

Wenger has had to deal with perpetual transition for several years now and has done well with what he has, hence why I'll always support him.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:34 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Don't get me wrong. I'm not criticising Wenger at all. Quite the opposite, actually, as I had accepted Cesc was gone and losing Nasri was never going to be a big loss. No matter how good they are, no player is bigger than the club and if he doesn't want to be here, he should be sold.

Wenger has had to deal with perpetual transition for several years now and has done well with what he has, hence why I'll always support him.

+1

Wenger will get you on your legs I trust that .. and for the red part BRAVO ! Smile)
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:48 am

They were sold by Wenger, but he didn't want to sell them. There's a difference. He tried to keep the players, but with our wages and lack of trophies, it became difficult and eventually lost the battle. He didn't want to get rid of them, but had to do so at the end.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:18 am

There is a big plan behind it since the early 00s.

I pray is for good of the club and not for personal profits.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:30 am

Fabregas and Nasri wanted to leave. What did you expect us to do? Tie them down and then have 2 unhappy players.

Fabregas and Barcelona - everyone knows this situation. He wanted to go home.

Nasri - He had 1 year left on contract and we risked losing him for free. We had to sell for £25m that City offered.

Gervinho, Santos, Mertesacker, Arteta have all done very well, whilst Park has been ok in his limited chances.

We have money to spend in January, and I'm sure Wenger will use it.

As for the top 4, we are ALWAYS in the top 4 EVERY season, and this season will be no different.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down