Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by sportsczy on Fri May 10, 2013 9:44 pm

Again... we beat Spurs 4-0 in the first leg and he scored the 4th goal. Really had no big impact. That was the Di Maria and Adebayor show. Second leg meant zilch after that.

He was absolute mehness against Lyon and i watched all those games since I live in France. Not only that, i dislike Lyon and i had to listen to the Lyon defense get overrated by all the pundits here for making CR7 look average. Deceived NT managers to keep calling up Reveillere, which was very annoying. How i cursed Ronaldo and others for making Lyon look good lol.

We all know Barca...

sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 19183
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Mamad on Fri May 10, 2013 9:47 pm

Why talk about games if you don't remember them? Suspect

I said he was poor vs Barca (numerous times now) but he was poor vs Lyon and fcking Spurs? Yeah, sure he was.

What i meant by "what are you talking about" was your sentence about me waiting for others to respond.

Yeah he was bad against Lyon. against Tottenham too he scored yeah but they played with 10 men and Ronaldo did score but scoring doesn't always mean you played good.

but he was half injured i think so not a big deal. and i didn't mention Tottenham at all.

_________________
Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 135817-200
2016 2017 2018
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3637
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by izzy on Fri May 10, 2013 9:50 pm

@sportsczy wrote:Again... we beat Spurs 4-0 in the first leg and he scored the 4th goal. Really had no big impact. That was the Di Maria and Adebayor show. Second leg meant zilch after that.

He was absolute mehness against Lyon and i watched all those games since I live in France. Not only that, i dislike Lyon and i had to listen to the Lyon defense get overrated by all the pundits here for making CR7 look average. Deceived NT managers to keep calling up Reveillere, which was very annoying. How i cursed Ronaldo and others for making Lyon look good lol.

We all know Barca...

So because we beat Spurs 4-0, he did nothing and didn't play well? Ok then. And no, it wasn't the Adebayor and Di Maria show, it was the Alonso show, right from the off he controlled the whole game and spread the play to his brilliant best.

Again, the WHOLE team was meh against Lyon in the first leg but the return leg, only him, Higgy and Guti showed they had a damn pulse and put in a performance that they could walk away from with thinking they actually tried their best.

But if that qualifies as meh.....
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 6130
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by sportsczy on Fri May 10, 2013 9:50 pm

We didn't have very big games other than Barca in the first 2 years tbh... we kept getting eliminated in CL by Lyon early Evil or Very Mad

In the third year... we lucked out a bit with good draws against Spurs and APOEL. Not really powerhouses.

It was mostly Barca, a few Milan games in pool and Lyon in those years. CR7 was not the only one to crash against Lyon... that was a crashfest for years.

My only point is that he wasn't decisive for us when it really mattered until the Barca game in January 2012. After that... he's been a beast. Truly stepped it up.

I think it's a compliment i'm making actually lol.

_________________
Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 0949749001454881112_filepicker
sportsczy
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 19183
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by izzy on Fri May 10, 2013 9:52 pm

@Mamad wrote:
Why talk about games if you don't remember them? Suspect

I said he was poor vs Barca (numerous times now) but he was poor vs Lyon and fcking Spurs? Yeah, sure he was.

What i meant by "what are you talking about" was your sentence about me waiting for others to respond.

Yeah he was bad against Lyon. against Tottenham too he scored yeah but they played with 10 men and Ronaldo did score but scoring doesn't always mean you played good.

but he was half injured i think so not a big deal. and i didn't mention Tottenham at all.

Already talked about this. Never mentioned anything about him scoring to be impact-full.

Don't care if it was 10 men. You still have to perform and get the job done, which him and the team did.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 6130
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by sportsczy on Fri May 10, 2013 9:52 pm

Ok whatever you say Izzy. Let's just agree to disagree. Moving on...

_________________
Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 0949749001454881112_filepicker
sportsczy
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 19183
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Uncanny on Sat May 11, 2013 6:17 am

I find the topic of this thread stupid, I am not a madrid fan, but I will say ronaldo is by no means overrated. The only reason I would think of him as overrated is due to his cockiness, which is irrelevent, also I don't think he is a great free kick taker. But that aside, he is phenomenal for madrid (I'm sure this has been said by a number of people throughout this thread). He is always exlclusively marked, and he still manages to be madrids incredible goal scorer, heck both your strikers can't even come close to what he does (considering he is a major ball hogger haha). Without ronaldo, Madrid will still be a strong team but it won't be a dominant team sorry. An overrated player would be someone like lukas podoski (and I like that guy!).
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 1580
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Motogp69 on Sun May 12, 2013 2:01 am

Yeah, for me Ronaldo is, and will always be the best. I have no problem with him being king douche of the world, because when he's on that pitch (practice or match), I know that he will work harder than anyone else in the world.

_________________
Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Tumblr_static_tumblr_mp4q0vyhif1rzearvo4_500
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 3365
Join date : 2012-05-02
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Zealous on Sun May 12, 2013 1:31 pm

@Motogp69 wrote:Yeah, for me Ronaldo is, and will always be the best. I have no problem with him being king douche of the world, because when he's on that pitch (practice or match), I know that he will work harder than anyone else in the world.

Proud

(lol at king douche of the world eco smile)

_________________
Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Bx_jALWIcAASRVx
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by FennecFox7 on Sun May 12, 2013 11:56 pm

Some of the posts here :facepalm:

the ronaldo haters coming out of the closet to hate yet again
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6743
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Killer on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:05 am

after 3 years, things not changed

shot accuracy:
Ibrahimovic 22 goals 129 shots 5.2
Ronaldo 22 goals(8pk, 3 fk) 161 shots 7.7
Messi 14 goals 81 shots 4.8
Aguero 15 goals 70 shots(0pk)4.1
Suarez 23 goals 123 shots(0pk) 5.6
Diego Costa 21 goals 80 shots 3.2
Cavani 13 goals 67 shots 3.2
Lewandowski 14 goals 81 shots 3.2


He don't score in 18 games this session among Liga, Copa and Ucl,
the total goals are in 14 games, 33 goals in 14 games.

he is not a decisive player.


Last edited by Killer on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 172
Join date : 2013-02-08

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Valkyrja on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:21 am

@Killer wrote:after 3 years, things not changed

shot accuracy:
Ibrahimovic 22 goals 129 shots 5.2
Ronaldo 22 goals(8pk, 3 fk) 161 shots 7.7
Messi 14 goals 81 shots 4.8
Aguero 15 goals 70 shots(0pk)4.1
Suarez 23 goals 123 shots(opk) 5.6
Diego Costa 21 goals 80 shots 3.2
Cavani 13 goals 67 shots 3.2
Lewandowski 14 goals 81 shots 3.2


He don't score in 18 games this session among Liga, Copa and Ucl,
the total goals are in 14 games, 33 goals in 14 games.

he is not a decisive player.

 Laughing 

_________________
@Myesyats wrote:Mane-Origi-Gigi forward line? :bow: It's not gonna be pretty for us.

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Nail-biting-gif-7


This boy knew
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11114
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Onyx on Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:41 pm

I don't think it fully means he isn't decisive. I mean give him a 1v1 and 90% of the time he'll score it. What it means is he just likes to extra shots compared to other players. Plus when you're as good as him with long shots then I don't think it's too bad.
Onyx
Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40017
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Doc on Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:35 pm

This thread again!?>!!!

Still a great read and all but no one is gonna budge in their opinion.

_________________
People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 14819
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Killer on Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:46 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:I don't think it fully means he isn't decisive. I mean give him a 1v1 and 90% of the time he'll score it. What it means is he just likes to extra shots compared to other players. Plus when you're as good as him with long shots then I don't think it's too bad.

he is not decisive, is a fact.
He was orrible against Borussia last year. The thing that makes me laugh is that when he does some tap-ins he automatically becomes the best player on the team, and he gets all the credits, on the contrary, when the team sucks, is not the fault of Cristiano,  are his teammates, that are overrated.


another excuse for Cr7 is: "Cr7 is a winger"

lol a winger, most of the time he is a poacher striker.
whoscored.com, shows how its contribution in defense is poor, and also his ability to send a cross is poor, two things very important, for the real wingers

For me he is not a Better player than Ribery or Robben.
Ribery and Robben in top of the form are more dangerous than him


Last edited by Killer on Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 172
Join date : 2013-02-08

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Valkyrja on Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:48 pm

@Killer wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:I don't think it fully means he isn't decisive. I mean give him a 1v1 and 90% of the time he'll score it. What it means is he just likes to extra shots compared to other players. Plus when you're as good as him with long shots then I don't think it's too bad.

he is not decisive, is a fact.
He was orrible against Borussia last year. The thing that makes me laugh and that when he does some tap-ins he automatically becomes the best player on the team, and he gets all the credits, on the contrary, when the team sucks, is not the fault of Cristiano,  are his teammates, that are overrated.

For me he is not a Better player than Ribery or Robben.
Ribery and Robben in top of the form are more dangerous than him



he was injured against borussia.

_________________
@Myesyats wrote:Mane-Origi-Gigi forward line? :bow: It's not gonna be pretty for us.

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Nail-biting-gif-7


This boy knew
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11114
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Killer on Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:54 pm

@Valkyrja wrote:
@Killer wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:I don't think it fully means he isn't decisive. I mean give him a 1v1 and 90% of the time he'll score it. What it means is he just likes to extra shots compared to other players. Plus when you're as good as him with long shots then I don't think it's too bad.

he is not decisive, is a fact.
He was orrible against Borussia last year. The thing that makes me laugh and that when he does some tap-ins he automatically becomes the best player on the team, and he gets all the credits, on the contrary, when the team sucks, is not the fault of Cristiano,  are his teammates, that are overrated.

For me he is not a Better player than Ribery or Robben.
Ribery and Robben in top of the form are more dangerous than him



he was injured against borussia.

he scored a tap-in, he was not injured

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 172
Join date : 2013-02-08

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Valkyrja on Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:00 pm

@Killer wrote:
@Valkyrja wrote:
@Killer wrote:

he is not decisive, is a fact.
He was orrible against Borussia last year. The thing that makes me laugh and that when he does some tap-ins he automatically becomes the best player on the team, and he gets all the credits, on the contrary, when the team sucks, is not the fault of Cristiano,  are his teammates, that are overrated.

For me he is not a Better player than Ribery or Robben.
Ribery and Robben in top of the form are more dangerous than him



he was injured against borussia.

he scored a tap-in, he was not injured

Ok so Ribery and Robben are better than Messi too?

_________________
@Myesyats wrote:Mane-Origi-Gigi forward line? :bow: It's not gonna be pretty for us.

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Nail-biting-gif-7


This boy knew
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11114
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by FennecFox7 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:05 pm

@Killer wrote:
@Valkyrja wrote:
@Killer wrote:

he is not decisive, is a fact.
He was orrible against Borussia last year. The thing that makes me laugh and that when he does some tap-ins he automatically becomes the best player on the team, and he gets all the credits, on the contrary, when the team sucks, is not the fault of Cristiano,  are his teammates, that are overrated.

For me he is not a Better player than Ribery or Robben.
Ribery and Robben in top of the form are more dangerous than him



he was injured against borussia.

he scored a tap-in, he was not injured

What a load of bullshit. Way to put the ball in the other court and discount ronaldos advantages

IF you look at who scored, it ALSO states that his through balls, key passes, and his dribbling are his strong points. Which shows how stats dont tell the whole story because his crossing is actually very good and his dribbling is average..

no one on the team is good at attacking crosses bar cristiano himself and maybe bale.. benzema is a ball at his feet kind of player and isnt a poacher
Half the time cristiano deflects the ball off a player on purpose to win corners.. because ramos and pepe are much bigger and more dangerous threats in the air
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6743
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Killer on Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:24 pm

After this performance against a mediocre team, cr7 will be further overrated and his teammates underrated(bale and Benzema were mutch better than him in this game).
Against big teams, he will return to be the rabbit that he is.


Last edited by Killer on Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 172
Join date : 2013-02-08

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Onyx on Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:28 pm

@Killer wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:I don't think it fully means he isn't decisive. I mean give him a 1v1 and 90% of the time he'll score it. What it means is he just likes to extra shots compared to other players. Plus when you're as good as him with long shots then I don't think it's too bad.

he is not decisive, is a fact.
He was orrible against Borussia last year. The thing that makes me laugh is that when he does some tap-ins he automatically becomes the best player on the team, and he gets all the credits, on the contrary, when the team sucks, is not the fault of Cristiano,  are his teammates, that are overrated.


another excuse for Cr7 is: "Cr7 is a winger"

lol a winger, most of the time he is a poacher striker.
whoscored.com, shows how its contribution in defense is poor, and also his ability to send a cross is poor, two things very important, for the real wingers

For me he is not a Better player than Ribery or Robben.
Ribery and Robben in top of the form are more dangerous than him

I agree that it is partly Ronaldo's fault when we do lose. His lack of tracking back has cost us in big games over the years.

Also not every winger is the same. Ronaldo is a goalscoring/inside forward winger. His job is to score goals, so it doesn't really matter if he can't cross. However he does need to track back.
Onyx
Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40017
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by FennecFox7 on Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:39 am

@Killer wrote:After this performance against a mediocre team, cr7 will be further overrated and his teammates underrated(bale and Benzema was mutch better than him in this game).
Against big teams, he will return to be the rabbit that he is.

Why are you still posting?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6743
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by FalcaoPunch on Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:21 pm

His free kicks are overrated or at least can be considered as very and I mean very inconsistent.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 4185
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Valkyrja on Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:05 pm

@FalcaoPunch wrote:His free kicks are overrated or at least can be considered as very and I mean very inconsistent.

good looking when the ball goes in, but very inconsistent yes. still, his style of kicking is the best tbh

_________________
@Myesyats wrote:Mane-Origi-Gigi forward line? :bow: It's not gonna be pretty for us.

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Nail-biting-gif-7


This boy knew
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11114
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by FennecFox7 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:01 am

His shots are good. His fks suck unless theyre from distance.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6743
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by FalcaoPunch on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:12 am

The two from the game against Atl were just outside the box and they were absolutely terrible.

His technique/way he hits the ball is perfect for distance shots but when they're that close he need to contemplate switching it up.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 4185
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum