Messi vs Zidane

+22
Nirgal
Lord Hades
pdolson
M99
The BoyWonder
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Ali
Mamad
guest7
Doc
Khaled
Yuri Yukuv
the xcx
xabi
PedroBR
barcaloner90
Albiceleste
jibers
RealGunner
Slash
The Madrid One
billionmillion
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Messi vs Zidane  - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi vs Zidane

Post by billionmillion Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:01 pm

No gagarin you didnt answer to my questions, i can tell you more excuses about Messi. but we talk about result. result is that messi didnt win the WC. but some people said he was the best at the wc. but as a result no title and he is a flop in your eyes.

ok zidane was the best in his team and carried them but they won 0 titles, this means he flopped 6 years by your logic

billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 2440
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Messi vs Zidane  - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi vs Zidane

Post by Yuri Yukuv Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:04 pm

How did he flop 6 years? Kncoked out while he wasnt with his team and then by away goals and extra time is not a flop. Getting 4-0'd at the world club is a flop.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 1974
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Messi vs Zidane  - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi vs Zidane

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:16 pm

Yuri Yukuv wrote:How did he flop 6 years? Kncoked out while he wasnt with his team and then by away goals and extra time is not a flop. Getting 4-0'd at the world club is a flop.
Not according to Del Bosque, he said Messi was the best of the tournament. Pretty sure Del Bosque knows more about football than you

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb
Posts : 11137
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Messi vs Zidane  - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi vs Zidane

Post by Yuri Yukuv Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:21 pm

Pretty sure del bosque is trying to become a neutral between barca and madrid.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 1974
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Messi vs Zidane  - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi vs Zidane

Post by billionmillion Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:03 am

Yuri Yukuv wrote:How did he flop 6 years? Kncoked out while he wasnt with his team and then by away goals and extra time is not a flop. Getting 4-0'd at the world club is a flop.
No yuri_excuse. ok lets say he flopped 5 years not 6. Find next excuse for this also: where he was when juventus lost 3-1 to dortmund? then next year again?

1 CL in 16 years = He carries his teams = He can win singel handed (I believe you will find excuses for all 16 years)
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 2440
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Messi vs Zidane  - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi vs Zidane

Post by Nirgal Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:53 am

I don't know why people continue to discuss when the video has clearly shown that Messi is superior.

The order is as follows

Banega> Messi> Zidane> Pele> Angulo

(please remember that Podoslky cannot be considered since he is not a human)
Nirgal
Nirgal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich
Posts : 231
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Messi vs Zidane  - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi vs Zidane

Post by xabi Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:52 am

billionmillion wrote:. result is that messi didnt win the WC. but some people said he was the best at the wc.

wow really.. he was the biggest flop of the tournament and was injury-free unlike rooney and torres...
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1147
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Messi vs Zidane  - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi vs Zidane

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:24 am

xabi wrote:
billionmillion wrote:. result is that messi didnt win the WC. but some people said he was the best at the wc.

wow really.. he was the biggest flop of the tournament and was injury-free unlike rooney and torres...
Would a flop be on the shortlist for player of the tournament? Didn't think so.

Messi vs Zidane  - Page 3 11

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb
Posts : 11137
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Messi vs Zidane  - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi vs Zidane

Post by guest7 Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:11 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
xabi wrote:
billionmillion wrote:. result is that messi didnt win the WC. but some people said he was the best at the wc.

wow really.. he was the biggest flop of the tournament and was injury-free unlike rooney and torres...
Would a flop be on the shortlist for player of the tournament? Didn't think so.

Messi vs Zidane  - Page 3 11

FIFA rated Messi as the best player that season. Most of the people can agree that the best players 2010 were Sneijder and Xavi, Messi were nowhere close to them. Especially Sneijder, (won everything club-level, final international)

FIFA is corrupt and stupid.

Thus anything FIFA says about players is invalid and stupid.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8275
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Messi vs Zidane  - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi vs Zidane

Post by FilipeFerreira Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:57 pm

pdolson wrote:

why are you naming all these games of messi's in his young career. how about we go through every big game zidane has played in his career, but didn't win. i bet there's a lot more zidane performances to criticise than messi's. it's not like zidane has won that many trophies.

madrid were already a great team before zidane came, they already won two champions leagues in previous years. zidane wasnt the difference in 2002. madrid's failure after had a lot to do with makelele leaving, and before that they had redondo. if zidane was great in 2002, what happened to "france's engine" in the WC where they couldnt score a single goal and came last in the group stages.

zidane gets way too much praise for france in 1998 and 2006.


Zidane was injured for 2/3 of their group stage matchs, and they failed to score, BECAUSE ZIDANE was NOT PRESENT. You just screwed your self with your own analysis.

Lionel Messi wrote:Everyone seems to forget that Messi has always replicated his Barcelona form with Argentina except during the 2010 World Cup, every other time he has played with them he has been brilliant.

He's never replicated his barca form for Argentina... Messi will never be considered one of the greatest of all time because he can't do anything outside of barca, and will never leave barca. All he will be considered is one of the greatest of his generation

Zidane is one of the greatest of all time.

There is way way too many messi fan boys and band wagons, probabaly more than I've ever seen on any player.

What yuri said is true. Games that are too physical and mentaly exhausting, messi can't shine and just disappears. People are talking about how he lead his club to 2 CL championships. Because both of those CL championships didn't have corruption in them?

Please don't bring up the Fifa golden ball nominations as proof that messi had a good world cup. Remember this is the same fifa that put Asamoah Gyan in the Ballon do'r shortlist over Diego Milito.
FilipeFerreira
FilipeFerreira
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : FC Porto
Posts : 377
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Messi vs Zidane  - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi vs Zidane

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:37 pm

Well, here's my opinion. Let's wait till Messi raeches 29 or until he retires.

If you compare them, atm it wouldn't be fair in my eyes as Messi has only played for, what, 5 seasons. Zidane is better than Messi if you compare them now because we're judging Zidane at his peak while I still don't think Messi has reached his, yet.

Let time do the talking, guys.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 6016
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Messi vs Zidane  - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi vs Zidane

Post by harhar11 Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:56 pm

Those who says that messi was a flop at the WC obviously are either messi haters or don't know anything about football. Just because messi didn't score, it doesn't mean that he was flop. Almost everything good from argentina at the WC came from messi.. And remember he played in a position he had never played before...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3646
Join date : 2011-06-11

Back to top Go down

Messi vs Zidane  - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi vs Zidane

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:25 pm

omarish wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
xabi wrote:
billionmillion wrote:. result is that messi didnt win the WC. but some people said he was the best at the wc.

wow really.. he was the biggest flop of the tournament and was injury-free unlike rooney and torres...
Would a flop be on the shortlist for player of the tournament? Didn't think so.

Messi vs Zidane  - Page 3 11

FIFA rated Messi as the best player that season. Most of the people can agree that the best players 2010 were Sneijder and Xavi, Messi were nowhere close to them. Especially Sneijder, (won everything club-level, final international)

FIFA is corrupt and stupid.

Thus anything FIFA says about players is invalid and stupid.
Tell that to the football experts that picked him on that list, I'm sure they'll tell you otherwise.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb
Posts : 11137
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Messi vs Zidane  - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi vs Zidane

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:28 pm

FilipeFerreira wrote:
pdolson wrote:

why are you naming all these games of messi's in his young career. how about we go through every big game zidane has played in his career, but didn't win. i bet there's a lot more zidane performances to criticise than messi's. it's not like zidane has won that many trophies.

madrid were already a great team before zidane came, they already won two champions leagues in previous years. zidane wasnt the difference in 2002. madrid's failure after had a lot to do with makelele leaving, and before that they had redondo. if zidane was great in 2002, what happened to "france's engine" in the WC where they couldnt score a single goal and came last in the group stages.

zidane gets way too much praise for france in 1998 and 2006.


Zidane was injured for 2/3 of their group stage matchs, and they failed to score, BECAUSE ZIDANE was NOT PRESENT. You just screwed your self with your own analysis.

Lionel Messi wrote:Everyone seems to forget that Messi has always replicated his Barcelona form with Argentina except during the 2010 World Cup, every other time he has played with them he has been brilliant.

He's never replicated his barca form for Argentina... Messi will never be considered one of the greatest of all time because he can't do anything outside of barca, and will never leave barca. All he will be considered is one of the greatest of his generation

Zidane is one of the greatest of all time.

There is way way too many messi fan boys and band wagons, probabaly more than I've ever seen on any player.

What yuri said is true. Games that are too physical and mentaly exhausting, messi can't shine and just disappears. People are talking about how he lead his club to 2 CL championships. Because both of those CL championships didn't have corruption in them?

Please don't bring up the Fifa golden ball nominations as proof that messi had a good world cup. Remember this is the same fifa that put Asamoah Gyan in the Ballon do'r shortlist over Diego Milito.
Nope, at 23 Messi is already better than Zidane and one of the greatest of all time, I'm positive you didn't see Messi play before 2008-2009 so your 'argument' is pretty invalid especially since most of what you say is just plain BS.

I guess 3 Champions League cups took no physical and mental effort huh, defeating Madrid 6 times in his short career, and netting a hat trick against them is just another relaxing day at the office, right?
Another thread turned into a Madrid circle jerk and gang up on anyway that brings up any logic.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb
Posts : 11137
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Messi vs Zidane  - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi vs Zidane

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:43 pm

Zidane > Messi

End of story. Messi still has a long way to go he may end up as a player in which even Real Madrid fans will not compare Zidane to Messi.

Right now this is complete BS.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Messi vs Zidane  - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi vs Zidane

Post by FilipeFerreira Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:29 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
FilipeFerreira wrote:
pdolson wrote:

why are you naming all these games of messi's in his young career. how about we go through every big game zidane has played in his career, but didn't win. i bet there's a lot more zidane performances to criticise than messi's. it's not like zidane has won that many trophies.

madrid were already a great team before zidane came, they already won two champions leagues in previous years. zidane wasnt the difference in 2002. madrid's failure after had a lot to do with makelele leaving, and before that they had redondo. if zidane was great in 2002, what happened to "france's engine" in the WC where they couldnt score a single goal and came last in the group stages.

zidane gets way too much praise for france in 1998 and 2006.


Zidane was injured for 2/3 of their group stage matchs, and they failed to score, BECAUSE ZIDANE was NOT PRESENT. You just screwed your self with your own analysis.

Lionel Messi wrote:Everyone seems to forget that Messi has always replicated his Barcelona form with Argentina except during the 2010 World Cup, every other time he has played with them he has been brilliant.

He's never replicated his barca form for Argentina... Messi will never be considered one of the greatest of all time because he can't do anything outside of barca, and will never leave barca. All he will be considered is one of the greatest of his generation

Zidane is one of the greatest of all time.

There is way way too many messi fan boys and band wagons, probabaly more than I've ever seen on any player.

What yuri said is true. Games that are too physical and mentaly exhausting, messi can't shine and just disappears. People are talking about how he lead his club to 2 CL championships. Because both of those CL championships didn't have corruption in them?

Please don't bring up the Fifa golden ball nominations as proof that messi had a good world cup. Remember this is the same fifa that put Asamoah Gyan in the Ballon do'r shortlist over Diego Milito.
Nope, at 23 Messi is already better than Zidane and one of the greatest of all time, I'm positive you didn't see Messi play before 2008-2009 so your 'argument' is pretty invalid especially since most of what you say is just plain BS.

I guess 3 Champions League cups took no physical and mental effort huh, defeating Madrid 6 times in his short career, and netting a hat trick against them is just another relaxing day at the office, right?
Another thread turned into a Madrid circle jerk and gang up on anyway that brings up any logic.

I've been watching soccer since 98, and I'm older than you. So your wrong. But I'm pretty positive you only started watching soccer when Messi started playing, hence why your such a fan boy and ride him so hard.

I didn't say it took no physical and mental effort. How is my argument invalid? Lmao.

I don't see a reason to arguing or even talking to you, because if i remember correctly you said something along the lines of "I Don't see why ronaldo should even be in the ballon d'or shortlist this year." That pretty much sums up your footballing knowledge.
FilipeFerreira
FilipeFerreira
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : FC Porto
Posts : 377
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Messi vs Zidane  - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi vs Zidane

Post by jibers Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:53 pm

FilipeFerreira wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
FilipeFerreira wrote:
pdolson wrote:

why are you naming all these games of messi's in his young career. how about we go through every big game zidane has played in his career, but didn't win. i bet there's a lot more zidane performances to criticise than messi's. it's not like zidane has won that many trophies.

madrid were already a great team before zidane came, they already won two champions leagues in previous years. zidane wasnt the difference in 2002. madrid's failure after had a lot to do with makelele leaving, and before that they had redondo. if zidane was great in 2002, what happened to "france's engine" in the WC where they couldnt score a single goal and came last in the group stages.

zidane gets way too much praise for france in 1998 and 2006.


Zidane was injured for 2/3 of their group stage matchs, and they failed to score, BECAUSE ZIDANE was NOT PRESENT. You just screwed your self with your own analysis.

Lionel Messi wrote:Everyone seems to forget that Messi has always replicated his Barcelona form with Argentina except during the 2010 World Cup, every other time he has played with them he has been brilliant.

He's never replicated his barca form for Argentina... Messi will never be considered one of the greatest of all time because he can't do anything outside of barca, and will never leave barca. All he will be considered is one of the greatest of his generation

Zidane is one of the greatest of all time.

There is way way too many messi fan boys and band wagons, probabaly more than I've ever seen on any player.

What yuri said is true. Games that are too physical and mentaly exhausting, messi can't shine and just disappears. People are talking about how he lead his club to 2 CL championships. Because both of those CL championships didn't have corruption in them?

Please don't bring up the Fifa golden ball nominations as proof that messi had a good world cup. Remember this is the same fifa that put Asamoah Gyan in the Ballon do'r shortlist over Diego Milito.
Nope, at 23 Messi is already better than Zidane and one of the greatest of all time, I'm positive you didn't see Messi play before 2008-2009 so your 'argument' is pretty invalid especially since most of what you say is just plain BS.

I guess 3 Champions League cups took no physical and mental effort huh, defeating Madrid 6 times in his short career, and netting a hat trick against them is just another relaxing day at the office, right?
Another thread turned into a Madrid circle jerk and gang up on anyway that brings up any logic.

I've been watching soccer since 98, and I'm older than you. So your wrong. But I'm pretty positive you only started watching soccer when Messi started playing, hence why your such a fan boy and ride him so hard.

I didn't say it took no physical and mental effort. How is my argument invalid? Lmao.

I don't see a reason to arguing or even talking to you, because if i remember correctly you said something along the lines of "I Don't see why ronaldo should even be in the ballon d'or shortlist this year." That pretty much sums up your footballing knowledge.

I've been watching football since 85, so you're wrong. Messi is a better footballer than Zidane. He does more for his team, works harder and is already being said to have surpassed maradona. Zidane is not on Diegos level mate. Maradona is still the best player I've seen in my lifetime and Zidane wasn't even the best at his peak ffs.

Watch this and this will tell you the difference between Zidane and maradona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Qgh-hjcDw
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10236
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Messi vs Zidane  - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi vs Zidane

Post by FilipeFerreira Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:00 pm

jibers wrote:
FilipeFerreira wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
FilipeFerreira wrote:
pdolson wrote:

why are you naming all these games of messi's in his young career. how about we go through every big game zidane has played in his career, but didn't win. i bet there's a lot more zidane performances to criticise than messi's. it's not like zidane has won that many trophies.

madrid were already a great team before zidane came, they already won two champions leagues in previous years. zidane wasnt the difference in 2002. madrid's failure after had a lot to do with makelele leaving, and before that they had redondo. if zidane was great in 2002, what happened to "france's engine" in the WC where they couldnt score a single goal and came last in the group stages.

zidane gets way too much praise for france in 1998 and 2006.


Zidane was injured for 2/3 of their group stage matchs, and they failed to score, BECAUSE ZIDANE was NOT PRESENT. You just screwed your self with your own analysis.

Lionel Messi wrote:Everyone seems to forget that Messi has always replicated his Barcelona form with Argentina except during the 2010 World Cup, every other time he has played with them he has been brilliant.

He's never replicated his barca form for Argentina... Messi will never be considered one of the greatest of all time because he can't do anything outside of barca, and will never leave barca. All he will be considered is one of the greatest of his generation

Zidane is one of the greatest of all time.

There is way way too many messi fan boys and band wagons, probabaly more than I've ever seen on any player.

What yuri said is true. Games that are too physical and mentaly exhausting, messi can't shine and just disappears. People are talking about how he lead his club to 2 CL championships. Because both of those CL championships didn't have corruption in them?

Please don't bring up the Fifa golden ball nominations as proof that messi had a good world cup. Remember this is the same fifa that put Asamoah Gyan in the Ballon do'r shortlist over Diego Milito.
Nope, at 23 Messi is already better than Zidane and one of the greatest of all time, I'm positive you didn't see Messi play before 2008-2009 so your 'argument' is pretty invalid especially since most of what you say is just plain BS.

I guess 3 Champions League cups took no physical and mental effort huh, defeating Madrid 6 times in his short career, and netting a hat trick against them is just another relaxing day at the office, right?
Another thread turned into a Madrid circle jerk and gang up on anyway that brings up any logic.

I've been watching soccer since 98, and I'm older than you. So your wrong. But I'm pretty positive you only started watching soccer when Messi started playing, hence why your such a fan boy and ride him so hard.

I didn't say it took no physical and mental effort. How is my argument invalid? Lmao.

I don't see a reason to arguing or even talking to you, because if i remember correctly you said something along the lines of "I Don't see why ronaldo should even be in the ballon d'or shortlist this year." That pretty much sums up your footballing knowledge.

I've been watching football since 85, so you're wrong. Messi is a better footballer than Zidane. He does more for his team, works harder and is already being said to have surpassed maradona. Zidane is not on Diegos level mate. Maradona is still the best player I've seen in my lifetime and Zidane wasn't even the best at his peak ffs.

Watch this and this will tell you the difference between Zidane and maradona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Qgh-hjcDw

When i said I've been watching since 98 and he was wrong, I wasnt talking about his opinion of Messi being better than Zidane. I was talking about his comment that he made saying I started watching soccer in after 2008-2009.
FilipeFerreira
FilipeFerreira
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : FC Porto
Posts : 377
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Messi vs Zidane  - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi vs Zidane

Post by jibers Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:19 pm

FilipeFerreira wrote:
jibers wrote:
FilipeFerreira wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
FilipeFerreira wrote:
pdolson wrote:

why are you naming all these games of messi's in his young career. how about we go through every big game zidane has played in his career, but didn't win. i bet there's a lot more zidane performances to criticise than messi's. it's not like zidane has won that many trophies.

madrid were already a great team before zidane came, they already won two champions leagues in previous years. zidane wasnt the difference in 2002. madrid's failure after had a lot to do with makelele leaving, and before that they had redondo. if zidane was great in 2002, what happened to "france's engine" in the WC where they couldnt score a single goal and came last in the group stages.

zidane gets way too much praise for france in 1998 and 2006.


Zidane was injured for 2/3 of their group stage matchs, and they failed to score, BECAUSE ZIDANE was NOT PRESENT. You just screwed your self with your own analysis.

Lionel Messi wrote:Everyone seems to forget that Messi has always replicated his Barcelona form with Argentina except during the 2010 World Cup, every other time he has played with them he has been brilliant.

He's never replicated his barca form for Argentina... Messi will never be considered one of the greatest of all time because he can't do anything outside of barca, and will never leave barca. All he will be considered is one of the greatest of his generation

Zidane is one of the greatest of all time.

There is way way too many messi fan boys and band wagons, probabaly more than I've ever seen on any player.

What yuri said is true. Games that are too physical and mentaly exhausting, messi can't shine and just disappears. People are talking about how he lead his club to 2 CL championships. Because both of those CL championships didn't have corruption in them?

Please don't bring up the Fifa golden ball nominations as proof that messi had a good world cup. Remember this is the same fifa that put Asamoah Gyan in the Ballon do'r shortlist over Diego Milito.
Nope, at 23 Messi is already better than Zidane and one of the greatest of all time, I'm positive you didn't see Messi play before 2008-2009 so your 'argument' is pretty invalid especially since most of what you say is just plain BS.

I guess 3 Champions League cups took no physical and mental effort huh, defeating Madrid 6 times in his short career, and netting a hat trick against them is just another relaxing day at the office, right?
Another thread turned into a Madrid circle jerk and gang up on anyway that brings up any logic.

I've been watching soccer since 98, and I'm older than you. So your wrong. But I'm pretty positive you only started watching soccer when Messi started playing, hence why your such a fan boy and ride him so hard.

I didn't say it took no physical and mental effort. How is my argument invalid? Lmao.

I don't see a reason to arguing or even talking to you, because if i remember correctly you said something along the lines of "I Don't see why ronaldo should even be in the ballon d'or shortlist this year." That pretty much sums up your footballing knowledge.

I've been watching football since 85, so you're wrong. Messi is a better footballer than Zidane. He does more for his team, works harder and is already being said to have surpassed maradona. Zidane is not on Diegos level mate. Maradona is still the best player I've seen in my lifetime and Zidane wasn't even the best at his peak ffs.

Watch this and this will tell you the difference between Zidane and maradona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Qgh-hjcDw

When i said I've been watching since 98 and he was wrong, I wasnt talking about his opinion of Messi being better than Zidane. I was talking about his comment that he made saying I started watching soccer in after 2008-2009.

Sorry mate, didn't read the whole thing. For one thing I think they are completely different players. I would rather have Messi in my team. Zidane was a great player though. Zidane relied on his intelligence a lot more where as messi is a more instinctive player. Tbh this arguement is void. They are both great.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10236
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Messi vs Zidane  - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi vs Zidane

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:25 pm

FilipeFerreira wrote:
jibers wrote:
FilipeFerreira wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
FilipeFerreira wrote:
pdolson wrote:

why are you naming all these games of messi's in his young career. how about we go through every big game zidane has played in his career, but didn't win. i bet there's a lot more zidane performances to criticise than messi's. it's not like zidane has won that many trophies.

madrid were already a great team before zidane came, they already won two champions leagues in previous years. zidane wasnt the difference in 2002. madrid's failure after had a lot to do with makelele leaving, and before that they had redondo. if zidane was great in 2002, what happened to "france's engine" in the WC where they couldnt score a single goal and came last in the group stages.

zidane gets way too much praise for france in 1998 and 2006.


Zidane was injured for 2/3 of their group stage matchs, and they failed to score, BECAUSE ZIDANE was NOT PRESENT. You just screwed your self with your own analysis.

Lionel Messi wrote:Everyone seems to forget that Messi has always replicated his Barcelona form with Argentina except during the 2010 World Cup, every other time he has played with them he has been brilliant.

He's never replicated his barca form for Argentina... Messi will never be considered one of the greatest of all time because he can't do anything outside of barca, and will never leave barca. All he will be considered is one of the greatest of his generation

Zidane is one of the greatest of all time.

There is way way too many messi fan boys and band wagons, probabaly more than I've ever seen on any player.

What yuri said is true. Games that are too physical and mentaly exhausting, messi can't shine and just disappears. People are talking about how he lead his club to 2 CL championships. Because both of those CL championships didn't have corruption in them?

Please don't bring up the Fifa golden ball nominations as proof that messi had a good world cup. Remember this is the same fifa that put Asamoah Gyan in the Ballon do'r shortlist over Diego Milito.
Nope, at 23 Messi is already better than Zidane and one of the greatest of all time, I'm positive you didn't see Messi play before 2008-2009 so your 'argument' is pretty invalid especially since most of what you say is just plain BS.

I guess 3 Champions League cups took no physical and mental effort huh, defeating Madrid 6 times in his short career, and netting a hat trick against them is just another relaxing day at the office, right?
Another thread turned into a Madrid circle jerk and gang up on anyway that brings up any logic.

I've been watching soccer since 98, and I'm older than you. So your wrong. But I'm pretty positive you only started watching soccer when Messi started playing, hence why your such a fan boy and ride him so hard.

I didn't say it took no physical and mental effort. How is my argument invalid? Lmao.

I don't see a reason to arguing or even talking to you, because if i remember correctly you said something along the lines of "I Don't see why ronaldo should even be in the ballon d'or shortlist this year." That pretty much sums up your footballing knowledge.

I've been watching football since 85, so you're wrong. Messi is a better footballer than Zidane. He does more for his team, works harder and is already being said to have surpassed maradona. Zidane is not on Diegos level mate. Maradona is still the best player I've seen in my lifetime and Zidane wasn't even the best at his peak ffs.

Watch this and this will tell you the difference between Zidane and maradona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Qgh-hjcDw

When i said I've been watching since 98 and he was wrong, I wasnt talking about his opinion of Messi being better than Zidane. I was talking about his comment that he made saying I started watching soccer in after 2008-2009.
Nope, never said that, please read what I said again before exploding over nothing.

I said Ronaldo shouldn't be in the final balon d'or top 3. Much different than the shortlist itself.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb
Posts : 11137
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Messi vs Zidane  - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi vs Zidane

Post by harhar11 Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:05 pm

jibers wrote:
FilipeFerreira wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
FilipeFerreira wrote:
pdolson wrote:

why are you naming all these games of messi's in his young career. how about we go through every big game zidane has played in his career, but didn't win. i bet there's a lot more zidane performances to criticise than messi's. it's not like zidane has won that many trophies.

madrid were already a great team before zidane came, they already won two champions leagues in previous years. zidane wasnt the difference in 2002. madrid's failure after had a lot to do with makelele leaving, and before that they had redondo. if zidane was great in 2002, what happened to "france's engine" in the WC where they couldnt score a single goal and came last in the group stages.

zidane gets way too much praise for france in 1998 and 2006.


Zidane was injured for 2/3 of their group stage matchs, and they failed to score, BECAUSE ZIDANE was NOT PRESENT. You just screwed your self with your own analysis.

Lionel Messi wrote:Everyone seems to forget that Messi has always replicated his Barcelona form with Argentina except during the 2010 World Cup, every other time he has played with them he has been brilliant.

He's never replicated his barca form for Argentina... Messi will never be considered one of the greatest of all time because he can't do anything outside of barca, and will never leave barca. All he will be considered is one of the greatest of his generation

Zidane is one of the greatest of all time.

There is way way too many messi fan boys and band wagons, probabaly more than I've ever seen on any player.

What yuri said is true. Games that are too physical and mentaly exhausting, messi can't shine and just disappears. People are talking about how he lead his club to 2 CL championships. Because both of those CL championships didn't have corruption in them?

Please don't bring up the Fifa golden ball nominations as proof that messi had a good world cup. Remember this is the same fifa that put Asamoah Gyan in the Ballon do'r shortlist over Diego Milito.
Nope, at 23 Messi is already better than Zidane and one of the greatest of all time, I'm positive you didn't see Messi play before 2008-2009 so your 'argument' is pretty invalid especially since most of what you say is just plain BS.

I guess 3 Champions League cups took no physical and mental effort huh, defeating Madrid 6 times in his short career, and netting a hat trick against them is just another relaxing day at the office, right?
Another thread turned into a Madrid circle jerk and gang up on anyway that brings up any logic.

I've been watching soccer since 98, and I'm older than you. So your wrong. But I'm pretty positive you only started watching soccer when Messi started playing, hence why your such a fan boy and ride him so hard.

I didn't say it took no physical and mental effort. How is my argument invalid? Lmao.

I don't see a reason to arguing or even talking to you, because if i remember correctly you said something along the lines of "I Don't see why ronaldo should even be in the ballon d'or shortlist this year." That pretty much sums up your footballing knowledge.

I've been watching football since 85, so you're wrong. Messi is a better footballer than Zidane. He does more for his team, works harder and is already being said to have surpassed maradona. Zidane is not on Diegos level mate. Maradona is still the best player I've seen in my lifetime and Zidane wasn't even the best at his peak ffs.

Watch this and this will tell you the difference between Zidane and maradona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Qgh-hjcDw

I take it that you have seen maradona play alot? I have been told that maradona was a workhorse on the pitch, like tevez. Is it true?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3646
Join date : 2011-06-11

Back to top Go down

Messi vs Zidane  - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi vs Zidane

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum