billionmillion
messixaviesta
Khaled
39 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

CLUB WORLD CUP THREAD - Page 4 Empty Re: CLUB WORLD CUP THREAD

Post by Albiceleste Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:51 pm

Yeah he looks unusually happy after getting the rest of his season effed over by the clubs physios (they let him play with a stress fracture)

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathrow898 Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:58 pm

Just as I predicted Santos vs barca

How serious a threat is Santos ive only watched them play a handful of times this year but they seem to be pretty good...?

I guess we will finally see how neymar performs against a european club it will be interesting...hmm
Deathrow898
Deathrow898
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

https://www.youtube.com/user/Deathrow999?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:12 pm

Deathrow898 wrote:Just as I predicted Santos vs barca

How serious a threat is Santos ive only watched them play a handful of times this year but they seem to be pretty good...?

I guess we will finally see how neymar performs against a european club it will be interesting...hmm
They finished 10th in their league, they're quite overrated and other than Neymar Borges Ganso they aren't too much to worry about I believe

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:37 pm

Nah, dont blame the club for Villa´s injury.

None of us are qualified to speak about the state of Villa before now. We simply dont know what risk if any if we under.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:01 pm

Messi can do bicycle kick scratch

billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:05 pm

The Franchise wrote:Nah, dont blame the club for Villa´s injury.

None of us are qualified to speak about the state of Villa before now. We simply dont know what risk if any if we under.
Well who ever gave Villa clearance to play needs to be fired, you can't walk off or play on a stress fracture AFAIK

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:27 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:

Well who ever gave Villa clearance to play needs to be fired, you can't walk off or play on a stress fracture AFAIK

Says who? We dont know what kind of frature it is. I bet players play with them often, dont even know about them and heal without any worries.

The staff arent stupid, he has had a problem for months it has been said by Pep now, yet he was still played. Do you think nobody asked about the risks and dangers of this?

Of course they did and it was deemed he can continue.

I am not saying everything was done correctly, im simply saying we dont know all the facts so we shouldnt jump to conclusions and demand staff be sacked.

Anyway, I have a sneaky feeling Villa will be back quicker than people think. Nearly everytime a Barca player gets injured, they return before the club say they will.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Really sad about Villa's injury. Although many uneducated fans were criticizing Villa, it is a big blow for our hopes this season. We will need Pedro to get improve to his level, and hope Alexis can improve, or we will desperately be lacking goals. And with another injury in the forward line, we might well be pretty much finished....

Also, I don't know anything about stress fractures, never heard of that before, but reading what Everest said, I suppose Villa was already feeling good and everything was supposedly ok, otherwise it would have hurt him. Anyway, perhaps someone did his job badly, it casts some doubts. But we don't even know if it was in that tibia or the other...

Does anyone have info on Masche and Alexis injuries??

Ps: Dani, I read this post from you in the general section: "Only on here would you see the all time top scorer of Spain and best goal to game ratio of any player since Di Stefano missing and the reply being "wont miss him" lol". Villa is really the player with the best goal to game ratio in NT football since Di Stefano?

Last edited by free_cat on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:40 pm

no infos revealed yet,probably tomorrow well know more
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:52 pm

free_cat wrote:Really sad about Villa's injury. Although many uneducated fans were criticizing Villa, it is a big blow for our hopes this season. We will need Pedro to get improve to his level, and hope Alexis can improve, or we will desperately be lacking goals. And with another injury in the forward line, we might well be pretty much finished....

Also, I don't know anything about stress fractures, never heard of that before, but reading what Everest said, I suppose Villa was already feeling good and everything was supposedly ok, otherwise it would have hurt him. Anyway, perhaps someone did his job badly, it casts some doubts. But we don't even know if it was in that tibia or the other...

Does anyone have info on Masche and Alexis injuries??

Ps: Dani, I read this post from you in the general section: "Only on here would you see the all time top scorer of Spain and best goal to game ratio of any player since Di Stefano missing and the reply being "wont miss him" lol". Villa is really the player with the best goal to game ratio in NT football since Di Stefano?

I read that somewhere, didnt go check it up or nothing but I think thats true (or not far from it)
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:57 pm

Just checked, best goal to game ratio for Spain..not entire NT football.

I am not a stats guy, shouldnt listen to any stats I say too closely lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:59 pm

The Franchise wrote:Just checked, best goal to game ratio for Spain..not entire NT football.

I am not a stats guy, shouldnt listen to any stats I say too closely lol

Ah, that's not difficult considering that Hierro is one of historical top scorers for Spain. And Raul the second top goal scorer...
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:03 pm

So what are your predictions Barca fans ..
Line-up Predictions, score etc..

-------------------

- Xavi, Alves, Cesc, Pique will most probably start after they took a rest yesterday.
- Villa is Out (4-5 month), Alexis & Mascherano are doubtful.

So Lineup could be like this?

Pedro Messi Alves
Iniesta Fabregas Busquets Xavi
Abidal Pique Puyol
Valdes

or

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:05 pm

Pedro Cesc Messi
Iniesta Busquets Xavi
Abidal Pique Puyol Alves
Valdes

Expecting this

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by everest1 Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:06 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:

Says who? We dont know what kind of frature it is. I bet players play with them often, dont even know about them and heal without any worries.

The staff arent stupid, he has had a problem for months it has been said by Pep now, yet he was still played. Do you think nobody asked about the risks and dangers of this?

I am not saying everything was done correctly, im simply saying we dont know all the facts so we shouldnt jump to conclusions and demand staff be sacked.

Anyway, I have a sneaky feeling Villa will be back quicker than people think. Nearly everytime a Barca player gets injured, they return before the club say they will.
a stress fracture is a pretty serious injury, and can take a month or two of immobility to heal by it self. they also hurt like hell, so villa would def know if he had one.

but something isnt adding up here... maybe there's been a mistranslation (stress reaction instead of stress fracture would be a completely different story), or maybe these world class footballers have incredible pain tolerances and deserve a LOT more respect than we give them and doctors regularly give them the OK to play when normal people wouldn't take the risk. but if villa did have a stress fracture as guardiola has been quoted as saying, the barca and spain NT doctors would have 100% without a doubt known that an injury like this is possible.... notice how there was no contact? his bone broke under his own body weight, and not because he turning or anything but because of the direct pressure on his leg.

anyway, not trying to find a scapegoat for villas injury. just would be really, really surprised if he was allowed to play on a serious injury that had the potential to get a lot worse.
everest1
everest1
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by everest1 Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:10 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
Pedro Cesc Messi
Iniesta Busquets Xavi
Abidal Pique Puyol Alves
Valdes

Expecting this
yeah, this looks good. hoping to see alexis come on if he doesnt start just so we know his injury isnt too serious.
everest1
everest1
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:13 pm

Cesc problem is that he doesnt press. so i prefer him in midfield

Sanchez---Messi---Pedro trio is the best option in attack. i get scared when i think sanchez or pedro pressing me
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:27 pm

Midfield have to press too...Iniesta and Keita (whoever plays that leftsided centermid) are the very first player out to press from the midfield most times.

Cesc has to press no matter where he plays.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:31 pm

everest1 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:

a stress fracture is a pretty serious injury, and can take a month or two of immobility to heal by it self. they also hurt like hell, so villa would def know if he had one.

but something isnt adding up here... maybe there's been a mistranslation (stress reaction instead of stress fracture would be a completely different story), or maybe these world class footballers have incredible pain tolerances and deserve a LOT more respect than we give them and doctors regularly give them the OK to play when normal people wouldn't take the risk. but if villa did have a stress fracture as guardiola has been quoted as saying, the barca and spain NT doctors would have 100% without a doubt known that an injury like this is possible.... notice how there was no contact? his bone broke under his own body weight, and not because he turning or anything but because of the direct pressure on his leg.

anyway, not trying to find a scapegoat for villas injury. just would be really, really surprised if he was allowed to play on a serious injury that had the potential to get a lot worse.

Yes, Villa said he knew. But there can be stres fratures, which are so small which you would barely know it wasnt anything more than a knock.

Anyway, yes I saw the injury and not saying nobody is to blame. What I am saying is the staff was considerably more qualified than any of us and add to that they know his condition far greater than we do, there is no point trying to blame anyone and saying this guy and that should be sacked.

Simply put, we dont know anything.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:40 am

I'll agree with Franchise here.

They are professionals for a reason, and they are with Barca for a reason. I'm not saying mistakes aren't made, but I'm very sure if there was a problem, they would address it and give it the amount of attention it needs. These guys aren't dopes on Goal Legacy like us. They know what's going on and if Villa was at a large risk, they wouldn't play him. Simply put- if it was bad, they wouldn't play him.

Really it's probably an unfortunate series of events that lead to something like this to happen. It's not really one persons fault, i bet. It's probably just a combination of factors that happened in the wrong place at the wrong time.

That said, I wish Villa a speedy recovery. I was at school and did not watch the match. I heard at lunch he broke his leg and I felt so outraged, and sad. It's too bad, especially since he hasn't been on hot form of late. But a speedy recovery to Villa, and hopefully with that, recovery in form.

A top Villa at the European Championships would make the whole tournament for me...no matter the results.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:41 am

Pelé's Santos FC at the Camp Nou on June 12th, 1963

Santos FC, the best team in the world of that era, played against Barça at the Camp Nou that was packed to see Pelé, the Brazilian wonder, on June 12th, 1963

Barça beat the best team in the world by 2-0 thanks to goals from Pereda and Zaballa

The man “with legs of gold and the heart of a child”
When Santos came to Barcelona, their stay quickly became a social event. Pelé was the focal point of the media and they treated the young player as if he were a natural phenomenon. He was asked about his footballing talent, his qualities; most of all he was asked about what kind of person he was: the kind life he lived, how he dealt with fame and popularity, if he had a girlfriend, what kind of women he liked, if he smoked, etc. The personal portrait of the Pelé’s personality added context to how the journalist’s saw him, and it led one reporter to describe the Brazilian as a man “with legs of gold and the heart of a child.” Pelé played at the Camp Nou but he didn’t manage to score, but he returned after the match to see the stadium empty and to feel its majesty. He was more than happy to allow photographers to take photographs of him reading a sticker book made by Kubala to show children how to play the game. It was one legendary player recognizing the footballing value of another.
FC Barcelona will face Santos FC in the final of the Club World Cup this Sunday. The Catalans and Brazilians will battle it out to see who will officially be crowned the best team in the world. Curiously enough, at the beginning of the 60s, a dominant Santos FC was no stranger to this competition.

In 1962, Santos had won the Brazil Cup, the Campeonato Paulista, the Copa Libertadores and the Intercontinental Cup. Furthermore, the Brazilian national side won the World Cup that same year. In the following season, Santos went on to win the Copa Brazil, the Libertadores and the Intercontinental Cup once again.

Pelé’s Santos, without a doubt, was considered to be the best team in the world and it was common for the Brazilian side to schedule friendlies on European soil. FC Barcelona invited Santos to play an exhibition match on June 12th, 1963. The Brazilian side had played 150 friendly matches in the previous 6 years – 122 of them ended in victory, 18 in a draw and only 10 in a loss. One of those defeats was at the Camp Nou, in July of 1960, when Barça beat the Brazilian side by 4-3. Pelé scored in that game.

Azulgrana Victory
Three years later, 85,000 people filled the Camp Nou to watch the Brazilian side and their 22-year-old wonder, Edson Arantes do Nascimento ‘Pelé.’ It wasn’t Pelé’s best game, truth be told, and Barça beat Santos 2-0 with goals from Pereda and Zaballa. Santos was playing a technical game, but the Azulgranas were able to grind out the win. At the end of the match, Pelé declared that the Camp Nou didn't suit him, even though it was magnificent.

Barça will have the chance to follow in the footsteps of Barça’s 60s squad when they trot out onto the pitch of Yokohama Stadium on Sunday, this time however, they will be going up against Neymar and Ganso.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/pele-s-santos-fc-at-the-camp-nou-on-june-12th-1963
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:39 pm

Saw the game against Al Sadd.
Cant remember the last time we had such an easy game.
Barely got out of first gear.Al Sadd are a very poor team.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:50 pm

Which is surprising, because Niang, Kader Keita, Belhadji are decent players.

I think it was the tactics. They played ultra defensively and according to commentary in their league and in other games they are highly offensive.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:41 pm

The Franchise wrote:Which is surprising, because Niang, Kader Keita, Belhadji are decent players.

I think it was the tactics. They played ultra defensively and according to commentary in their league and in other games they are highly offensive.

Belhadj is easily their best player. Too bad he wasnt so good
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathrow898 Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:47 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
Deathrow898 wrote:Just as I predicted Santos vs barca

They finished 10th in their league, they're quite overrated and other than Neymar Borges Ganso they aren't too much to worry about I believe

Good to hear Thumbs up
Deathrow898
Deathrow898
Prospect
Prospect

https://www.youtube.com/user/Deathrow999?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:07 pm

Lionel messi getting cocky before the game :lucas: Don't underestimate nerman :coffee:

P.S. get on fifa again I'll play you
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next