jibers
RED
II Capitano
24 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

General match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: General match thread

Post by II Capitano Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:20 pm

Come on WBA, one minute left for City to get something.

II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:22 pm

FT: 5-0. Valencia superb. Carrick excellent. For a team that's supposedly "struggling", joint top isn't too bad eh.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:32 pm

Berba is the real deal,i still have no idea why he got benched since last season.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Ganso wrote:Berba is the real deal,i still have no idea why he got benched since last season.

It's funny how he has 1 less league goal than Suarez, who has played more games, so funny, isn't it? The reason he gets constantly benched is because he's not the right mould for our current free flowing, fluid system. He tends to slow our attacks down and doesn't fit the one touch system we have played since the start of the season. Plus, Hernandez and Rooney have a better understanding, IMO.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:05 pm

what a goal by valencia
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:08 am

Despite all our injuries.

Despite being written off after the derby defeat.

A defeat in which all the critics predicted that City will run away with the league and be out of sight by New Years day.

Since that defeat, we have won 8 of our 9 league fixtures, it should have been 9 out of 9 if it hadn't of been for an incompitent linesman in our match v N'Castle. But That's another matter..

What's important is that, despite all the setbacks, this team keeps on fighting and pushing the billionaire mercenaries all the way. Incredible resilience and team spirit.

The team out there v Wigan was a 'wtf?' moment for me when I read the line up. But they still did the business and put 5 in the net.....cutting City's GD to 5.

Happy for Berbatov to get his hat trick. Rest of the players did well, even though the contest was finished once we scored the first goal.

Next is Blackburn at home, a game we should win and be top of the league before City play Sundrland away. Hopefully they pull out a draw just like WBA today.

On the injury front, Smalling, Rio, Jones and Rafael should be fit to play. So we'll be alright.

Things are falling into place for us at just the right moment. Long may it continue.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:02 pm

Dont worry, bendtner will do the job against city Very Happy
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:35 pm

banana
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:00 pm

Losing to the worst team in the league at home :facepalm:

Lindegaard should be our no.1 keeper. He is miles better than DDG. What the *bleep* was DDg thinking for that 3rd goal? If you're undecided, don't try to come out and try to punch the ball away.

Big opportunity wasted + with the consistent bad luck with injuries, it just feels like United ain't gonna win the league this season.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:07 pm

Once again, Fergie has underestimated the opposition and this time -- he deserves the blame. Starting with Carrick in defence, against Yakubu, is a complete mismatch. The amount of times Blackburn got past Carrick was laughable. Seriously, it should've been a midfield consisting of Park and Carrick. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at Rafael's inclusion. I thought that we deserved at least a draw, but then again we weren't decisive enough in the final third and Blackburn were solid at the back. The majority of the time the ball was whipped into the box, it found either Hanley or Samba, two dominant defenders. There are a couple of players that deserve the blame: Evra, de Gea. Evra, once again, failed to deliver. Gave away the ball needlessly, let the ball bounce which is a big no-no and was inefficient when it came to finding his intended man with his crosses. De Gea, to be fair, had nothing to do, apart from pick the ball out of the net. Once again, though, he doesn't look assured at the back regarding set pieces. Essentially, cost us the game, he was always looking for protection from the referee. Lindegaard excels in areas de Gea's relatively weak in. A missed opportunity to go top of the table by three points. Out of all the teams we could've lost to -- we lose to Blackburn. Steve Kean: 40 games, 8 wins...

Devil-Is-Red, check your messages.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:14 pm

I didn't actually watch the match as I was out all day, I've just seen the goals conceded and the 3rd one pissed me off because it could have easily been prevented from happening. The 2nd goal was just poor defending from Carrick and Jones. Carrick put in a sloppy tackle and Jones was slow to react, leaving Yakuba to dribble his way through to score.

It's arrogance sometimes with SAF, just like the way he treated some games in this seasons CL. I do believe Rio was fit and could have been used, but he must have thought that B'Burn were gonna be as piss poor as Wigan were and decided to leave him for Newcastle in midweek.

PS I don't have no messages, mate.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:29 pm

Ah, doesn't matter as you didn't miss much. I don't know why Fergie persists in playing Carrick as a centre-back. Maybe it's because he's always been solid and reliable, but I don't want a repeat of today. I feel sorry for him, to be honest. Jones looked rusty, too.

It sure is and the problem is, with us Manchester United fans, that we don't blame Fergie enough for getting the tactics wrong. Of course, we're not managers, but even a fool knows that you simply can't underestimate the opposition, regardless of whether you're playing at home or whether they're a relatively mediocre team. You would think Fergie learned from his Champions League and Carling Cup selections, but clearly not.

Just sent you one.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:44 am

Newcastle 3-0 United

Well deserved win for Newcastle. They outclassed us in all areas tonight.

We'll be alright once we get all our starters back. Rooney and Nani weren't at the races tonight. meh...shet happens. Unfortunate OG by Jones...he is still quality!

Need to get back focused and win against City on Sunday.

Oh and the United fans who were singing "We'll never die" and getting behind the lads at 3-0 down are a class act. My highlight of the match.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:46 pm

City V United

Date: 8/1/2012

FA Cup 3rd round.
-----------------------------------------

If we play like we did against Newcastle last Wednesday, we will get slaughtered. I'm not confident about this match one bit.

It will be a tight game. My heart says United, my head says City.

1-0 to City.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:15 am

i want city out of the FA cup, so good luck Very Happy
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:06 pm

Worst red card ever, karma to City!
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:21 pm

Great result, bad performance. Horribly intensifying.

Also, if David De Gea made the same mistake as Lindegaard did for the 2nd goal (I think he should of hit it out for a corner) we wouldn't of heard the end of it. I'm not saying I want Lindegaard to get attacked by the media, I just want De Gea to get cut some slack.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:48 pm

I'm across two minds with regards to that win. On one side, I happy we won and that we beat the mercs at their own backyard, but on the other, I am displeased of how much hard work we made of it.

3-0 up at HT, they are a man down, yet by the end we were hanging by a thread to earn victory. The players yet again became complacent...and fair play to City, who gave it everything they got and nearly came away with a draw.

Great to see Rooney put in a performance like that + kiss the badge...and it was great to see Welbeck looking the class player he is, great goal he scored. smalling was immense too.

A special mention for Scholes too. It was great seeing the legend back on the field, but on the same time, that sub for Nani could have back fired. This was the wrong game to bring him on imo. But i am sooo happy he is back.

Phil Jones looked short of confidence too, and looked too fatigued out there. Now that smalling and rafael are back from injury, I think it's time he earned some rest. Lindegaard had a dodgy game too tbh....I don't know what the hell is up with our keepers atm. But Lindegaard doesn't look that much better than DDG tbh.

Great result though, and hopefully it will boost the club's morale for the rest of the season. we needed that victory.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:16 am

Arsenal v United

Emirates stadium.

Thoughts on the game?
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by UnitedFan1 Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:25 am

3-1 to united maybe? Rooney scores 2 and Valencia scores 1, and then in the second half, Van persie and Walcott have many chances, but Van Persie only scores 1, and Walcott 0.

UnitedFan1
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:12 pm

shouldnt take this game lightly. with rio out now we got a makeshift defense which RVP will exploit. we're gonna have to play well and all the players need to turn up. i can see arsenal takin a 1 nil victory here if we dont stay focused.
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:21 pm

0-1

HT

Very solid from us, we should be more than one goal ahead. More of the same in the next half please.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:28 pm

i love being wrong lol.

good half from the lads, need to watch the oxlaide chamberpan, caused us a few problems but to be honest we should be about 3 nil up.
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:32 pm

Nani needs to be more clinical though, he is constantly getting the better of Djorough, but needs to take advantage of that. His final balls have not bee up to par so far. rafael needs to calm down too now that he recieved a yellow, I am worrying that he might lunge at OX...

...other than that, I can't complain and hopefully we kill the tie by scoring another.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:38 pm

the left isn't his natural side but thats no excuse. nani is easily our most wasteful player, if he had a delivery like valencia he would be unplayable
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:31 pm

we slept in the 2nd half, but we came through in the end. Incredible game and incredible response from our team.

Welbeck....honestly :bow: Caused their defence all sorts of problems today. incredible player.

On anotjher note, what was wenger thinking subbing off their best player Ox instead of Walcott. That was a really bad subb.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next