Babun
RealGunner
Jack Daniels
Ganso
Onyx
52 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 5 Empty Re: See you guys. I'm done.

Post by Giovanni10 Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:15 am

RedOranje wrote:
Also, due to the continued refusal to heed warnings and requests about the Madrid/Barca fights in the General Section, the Admins/Mods will now be taking a much more strict stance against them. Any threads we feel are breaching the topic, or are unsuited for the General Section can and will be moved/locked/deleted without warning as the Admin/Mod sees fit. Remember, if you have questions or issues with such an actions use the PM system to express them. Public threads and posts on such topics WILL be removed in accordance with the rules on DOMA (Discussion of Moderator [and Administrator] Actions).
https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t10153-changes

Usage Guidelines

Posting profanity, vulgarity, hate speech, hostile comments, or threats of violence, is strictly prohibited and will result in removal of offending posts and potential expulsion from the community. Our decision is final in these matters.

Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed.

Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed. Multi-accounting is a bannable offence.

Please keep messages productive by keeping subject matter of posts on-topic with the board focus. Off-topic or unproductive posts will be moved and/or removed for the benefit of all members

Please keep posts productive to the rest of the community and avoid including advertisements or solicitations.

We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.

Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.

You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.

Posts discussing moderator actions are also not allowed.

We also reserve the right to ban anyone who is deemed to have willfully violated the forum rules, as access to our forums are a privilege and not a right.

The Administrators and Moderators will be monitoring the information posted to the site; however, accuracy of content cannot be guaranteed. While we will attempt to monitor the content of the forums as constantly as possible, there may be times when we are not able to deal with infringements immediately. Please be patient as all reported posts will be dealt with in as timely a fashion as possible.

All messages express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor moderators of goallegacy forums, nor Forummotion (hosts of this forum) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The administrators of goallegacy forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t91-general-rules

Especially with regards to the last of your highlighted exhibition of the rules:

Indeed Hitler. Indeed.

Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:18 am

Were you a member of the Goal.com forums. Also, are you a member of any other internet forums now?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:22 am

Giovanni10 wrote:
:bow: :bow: :bow:
Especially with regards to the last of your highlighted exhibition of the rules:

Indeed Hitler. Indeed.

Where is my Bow!? Please, I fixed it for you this time but common guys...

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 5 Splits

btw how do you guys have so many post? I'm just barely over 500...

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 5 Ballerina_vs
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:35 am

The door is still open for him

Sportszcy if u are reading this

Come back and we will sort this out. Fair and square. You can see all these guys really like u, at least for their sake.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:37 am

I don't really care about this decision, it's a good one as far as I'm concerned.

However, a lot of ridiculous nonsense goes unpunished in the gen. section. Zealous mentioned Jiopsi who created like a zillion posts just going "trolololol butthurt Laughing" and a lot of people took the bait and further replied with nonsense. IIRC, no one got any kind of punishment.

To combat these trolling threads I think it should also be a rule that people refrain replying in such threads (wasn't this a rule at Goal.com?).

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:41 am

RedOranje wrote:Were you a member of the Goal.com forums. Also, are you a member of any other internet forums now?

Yes I was a member of the goal.com forums and the espn soccernet forums many years ago. If what is highlighted in the final paragraph is considered general conduct for forums, then I respectfully have to disagree with that. I'm a political science graduate so these kinds of issues I find very intriguing. Rules show a likeness to constitutions, and:

"The administrators of goallegacy forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

would not be constitutional in any liberal or democratic context. What was the point of detailing a set of rules and guidelines if at the end of the document you are merely going to blanket your authority by stating that you have the right, in the end, to do whatever the hell you want.

Sound like a dictatorship to me.

@ Shamirr, lol bud, I see what you are trying to do and I agree with you on most days about deflecting pettiness.. but the case does not exist in this particular thread. We lost a very important poster to our section and many are disgruntled by this.

BUT your babes are legit nonetheless so :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Last edited by Giovanni10 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:43 am

It was taken directly from the rules on the Goal.com forums.

Last edited by RedOranje on Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Overly Aggressive)
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:49 am

Giovanni10 wrote:
RedOranje wrote:Were you a member of the Goal.com forums. Also, are you a member of any other internet forums now?

Yes I was a member of the goal.com forums and the espn soccernet forums many years ago. If what is highlighted in the final paragraph is considered general conduct for forums, then I respectfully have to disagree with that. I'm a political science graduate so these kinds of issues I find very intriguing. Rules show a likeness to constitutions, and:

"The administrators of goallegacy forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

would not be constitutional in any liberal or democratic context. What was the point of detailing a set of rules and guidelines if at the end of the document you are merely going to blanket your authority by stating that you have the right, in the end, to do whatever the hell you want.

Sound like a dictatorship to me.
If nonsense happens that isn't addressed properly in the rules, the admins have that disclaimer to rely on. Besides that, people are always welcome to leave (or not sign up at all) if they don't like the rules.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:56 am

RedOranje wrote:It was taken directly from the rules on the Goal.com forums. You had no complaints there.

Wow that is a juvenile response. Maybe you're lucky I did not read them then otherwise I may have challenged them fervently. I was not a very active member of the goal.com forums and only really truly became active about 2-3 weeks before it closed down.

With regards to my opinion, you have not provided an adequate response or addressed the issues I raised. Do you not concur that the excerpt I have challenged would be considered unconstitutional?

Actually don't respond, I rest my case and take leave of this place.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:59 am

Some of the replies I'm reading are a bit ridiculous. There is a reason why the mods/admins are allowed to do anything and indeed it may seem 'Hitler' like. The place would end up looking like a jungle whether you would like to believe it or not. Some don't mind that but then again if you want those kind of discussions then maybe this isn't the kind of forum you should be in. Personally that's what I like about the current forum, the levelheadedness

I don't like to speak in the admins' place but don't you think those guys are still here because the forum would just end up emptying out. You can't ban everyone unfortunately and the current warning system I think is working just fine till now.

Anyway go back to the clasico talk because it suddenly came to a stand still Mad

H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:59 am

WTF did I miss..............

really sad to hear that Sportczy left.

I don't see how his thread was any different from the shitty Jiopsi threads about a La Liga scandal.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:02 am

We didn't lose a member as much as a member decided to leave. Like Senor Penguin said, you choose to be here, you accept the rules when you sign up... TBH I see nothing wrong with a dictatorship, ours works on the whole. Sports made a decision, he's stuck by it. You should respect that. The mods have always held the view they currently have, it's nothing new. Now we can go 2 ways here, we form a forum Umkhonto we Sizwe, and we make this a war for true forum liberation, or we move on. This is not a flash point. It's just Sports being sports, if you remember something similar happened in the old forums...
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:31 am

Forums are generally (read nearly always) NOT democracies and have no constitutions.

To extend the political metaphor, forums are generally either dictatorships (such as Goal's forum) or oligarchies (this forum) and many are in fact simply puppet states for the websites they are attached to. There was no vote to put Morpheus in charge of the Goal forums, he simply was because he was attached to Goal.com and was given the duty (one he loved, but could not follow up due to other concerns, unfortunately). There was no vote when he chose moderators to help him and, as fate would have it, take over the duties of maintaining the Goal.com forums. He looked at the posters and chose himself. That is not something you would see in a democracy. Similarly, as the Goal.com forums came to an end the moderators there came together and decided to create a place that could carry on the legacy of those forums and agreed that, rather than let the community die. There was no vote about it, and upon the creation of this new forum there was no vote about the fact that those that came together to create it would share the responsibilities of administrating it. Morpheus had picked the moderators because he believed them to be fair, levelheaded, and generally of the ability to be unbiased in carrying out their duties on the forums. Throughout the time on Goal there was very little in the way of complaints about the rules as well as the ways in which they were enforced. Since moving, the rules have changed but slightly (relaxation of rules towards banter, cursing, and off topics discussions; tightening toward El Clasico; removal of parts about Goal.com) and the enforcement has not. Again, these changes were not voted upon, though some were made at the behest of the general forum populace.

This is NOT a democracy. Nor was Goal's forum a democracy. Nor RAWK, RAOTL, Blue Moon, RedCafe, Forza Inter, Football365, etc etc. There is NO constitution on any of these forums. The statement that has upset you occurs in the rules of nearly every forum in one form or another. The statement is neither intended to there for the reason you seem to suspect, nor is it one added by the administrators of this forum. This is not a country or city-state, this is an internet forum. The Franchise, Jack Daniels, McLewis, RealGunner, DeviAngel, Admin, BarcaKizz, dostoevsky and I are not a government, we are administrators and moderators on an internet forum.

RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:35 am

SOLUTION!!!!

Ban all Madrid and Barca fans, then no more Barca & Madrid "nonsense" forever!!

Do it.. Cool

On topic , Sportz disobeyed the rules on an internet forum, Admin = GoD , end of story.

@ Sportz, bro you just lost some pointless/ meaningless Warning lvl lol. So they close your thread, OOh the HUmiliation. So what if Dani explicitly said he would enjoy banning you, just lol it off bro.

Seriously man, you better than that dude. I know why you remade that thread.

Be a man and accept the consequences
even though it is unjust

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 5 Old_snake_salutes1
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:38 am

Yeah I mean even 4chan has it...

anyways, here's a sexy dance to that tamil song that is uber popular on youtube... I still can't understand why...
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:40 am

South Africans most chilled ppl in the world. :king:
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:43 am

Sportsczy wrote:
I appreciate the love gays (and gals if any). But please understand that i have no issues with the overall quality of the forum. It would be disingenuous of me to say otherwise when i've made over 4000 posts on this social media site. Almost all of the moderators are very good and the posters are fun to chat with. I have no complaints regarding goallegacy.com in general. The reason that i have decided to leave is one bad apple in terms of moderating. i don't know Franchise personally and it would be completely inappropriate for me to make any personal representations of him. However, he has moments of extreme arrogance and bias in his moderating (some examples have been discussed here). That in itself is ok to me because i'm hotheaded at times and have my own biases... he's a fan like all of us and everyone gets emotional. But the fact that he doesn't apologize or retract actions when he crosses boundaries is outrageous to me. I've also gone overboard and posted certain things i wish i hadn't on these boards. In almost all these instances, i've apologized. Franchise, however, feels completely justified in regards to his bad behavior. What really got me peeved is that the other moderators chose to validate his actions when i requested a review. The former... i don't really care. I would've ignored Franchise. Eventually, it would have blown over. The later was more of an issue for me as it encourages Franchise and perhaps other mods to behave badly.... a very slippery slope that i cannot stand for. To avoid conflict (because i know i would remain volcanic), i've decided to move on. Enjoy the games and the season peeps. And as always, hala madrid!
eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:46 am

The title of this thread reminded of this:

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 5 31weex29RaL._SL500_AA300_
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:47 am

He'll be back, if Babun can come back from the dead, then Sportz can look past his differences with regards to a Moderator.

We'll be waiting Sportz Cool
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:53 am

Sports just needs some sexual healing,he'll be back by the euros
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:56 am

Seriously though Sportczy is a big part of the RM section.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:00 am

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:He'll be back, if Babun can come back from the dead, then Sportz can look past his differences with regards to a Moderator.

What you get when you search Sexy Babun
See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 5 310

What you get when you search sexy Sportsczy
See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 5 CzyW
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:04 am

Shamirr wrote:
Rossoneri Ninja wrote:He'll be back, if Babun can come back from the dead, then Sportz can look past his differences with regards to a Moderator.

I don't believe you. This is what I got:

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 5 Funny-pictures-baboon-butt-heart
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:07 am

I wish I can see the video that he posted lol... I hope he comes back btw, he was a cool guy
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:09 am

RedOranje wrote:
Shamirr wrote:

I don't believe you. This is what I got:

See you guys.  I'm done. - Page 5 Funny-pictures-baboon-butt-heart

Very Happy Well you get that too... I like mine better, but if that's what you're into who am I to judge Twisted Evil Razz
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:09 am

i just want to be somewhat involved in this thread
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next