Milantildeath
DRK
M99
Ganso
milanfan7
IrasMaldinista
15 posters

Go down

I Remember, I Still Remember... Empty I Remember, I Still Remember...

Post by IrasMaldinista Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:12 pm

Not much long ago we used to have the single most exciting forum section in Goal.com lithium and later vBulletin. People would drop here once in a while to read our top-notch posts, our unique Rossonero threads and our beautiful off-topic garden café...

Where have all the flowers gone?

Not much long ago we also were the best section in this damn dump, but you know, something went missing. Something's gone now.

After a while, that "idea" of a true home to us Milan began to fade, because, laugh at me for saying this or not, there were people who repressed us, limited us, shut us up and there they have it, Milan section is one of the most inactive sections in an otherwise not-so-bad forum.

Milanaa, Dreamer, Giancarlo, BigBoban, MilanFan7, Brigate Rossonere, even this worthless IrasMaldinista guy have all been either gone or too much of lurkers and totally invisible contributors. One might say dead.

Yeah, why not? Dead. Dead. Dead.

Of course we're not dead, I mean I certainly hope not, but then again, what's the use of being alive in such a climate?

I remember how we used to have feisty fights around here, how we used to boycott Interisti who came here for innocent fun, how we used to PM each other a lot and discuss our real lives and ask each other for help, how we used to open up in off-topic thread, we used to go and help spice up less active sections and most importantly. And yeah, we used to talk Milan here, do you remember? I do.

We used to be a... we used to be a... Family?
Weren't we actually one? I though we were.

Where are my cyber family members? Where are my digital buddies?

I'm a sentimental guy and I'm not afraid of saying that, though people who've come to know me over the last two years know that fact already. Being nostalgic is a very bold feature of mine, but I ain't using it, cuz there's no revived memory.

I suffer when I check this section everyday to no avail. I'd love to see some old names all active again out here, because in order for me to be able to post again, I need to feel the warmth of friends around me... Well, that's just me. But I'm sure many of you, if not all, have felt and are feeling what I'm talking about. This coldness, this soullessness, this melancholy.

I'm not sure how I could've been able to deal with such an important matter all this time if it weren't for the |_0\/E of my life...

Do you think we can re-live those fantastic days? Can we ever feel what we used to feel for just one more time? Can we possibly be that a-force-to-be-reckoned-with that we once were (and still could well be)?

Our common love *Milan* is doing reasonably well, but, we are not!

If I had the power, I would collect everybody.
I would e-mail them, PM them in GoogleTalk, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo and Windows Messenger, oovoo, wherever they be and through whatever way possible I would strive to have them here again, but do you agree that it's too hard a task for one individual?

Will somebody help me in my quest?

Hello? Is anyone there?
Somebody, anybody...

IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

I Remember, I Still Remember... Empty Re: I Remember, I Still Remember...

Post by milanfan7 Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:48 pm

Brigate and Giancarlo got banned,and milanaa and dreamer have left these forums. i visit the Milan forum daily,but I feel that it has changed a lot since. There used to be this family atmosphere,heated discussions,etc... Now I come here and I feel that there is zero passion for my(our) beloved Milan. No heated discussions,no old posters,nothing.

Posters over here might think that this forum has taken a huge setback ever since croInter and Sciacca got banned from it,but that's far from the truth. Sometimes when cro and co came to troll,I felt like bashing my head,not because they thought that we were shit or an old team,but because some Milanistas agreed with them!

We used to have heated discussions among us Milanistas and there was always action over here,but the bannings and leavings have left this forum in little pieces.
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:22 pm

yeah,i still can believe they banned them,no offense,but the mods basically drained the quality out of here.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:44 pm

I remember we used to make fun of the Inter section, about how that place was a ghost town. Guess what goes around, comes around.

Brigate and Giancarlo (whose banning was a total farce, Brigate's one was understandable) got banned. Milanaa, nicholasmenger, karakai, Dreamer, Izzy left. Dante also left for military duty. People like Bigboban, kesh, MTD, Fadi hardly posts. I also left, but after I came back I was severely shocked at the state of our beloved section. Before I left things were'nt as they were before but neither was the place this deserted. This place was brimming with activity at the start, that is no coincidence. Brigate was there, Giancarlo returned, MTD was active.

We can't stand around doing nothing. I say we start a revival starting today. Make some new topics, post more, make this place like it was before. I am with you Iras.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:45 pm

dante posts here pretty often in our match day thread.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:14 pm

I don't think the mods have done anything to ruin our section and as men/women we shouldn't place blame on others for the demise of this section. We must take responsibility of our "home" and those who got banned must take responsibility. Why is no one upset with Brigate? He turned his back on this forum to prove a point, he was upset by the banning of "Giancarlo", who in my opinion didn't know how to control himself (not saying he didn't add anything). I know it might have seemed like a nice gesture, but it has only weakened this section we call home.

We must think of this forum (Goal-legacy) as our earth, the Milan section is just a part of that (similar to a Continent or state) and the mods have done a great job keeping this place in order. They have the toughest job and at times members don't stop and think about how their actions can make a mod's job a living hell, you think they wanted this section to become a dump? I thought we were better than that, let's not play the blame game and try to figure out who's fault this is. That answer won't save the section and if we don't admit there's a problem, there will never be a solution.

It's up to the current member of this section to bring it back to its glory days. Clubs lose great players all the time, we just need posters to step it up and start creating interesting topics. They don't always have to be directly related Milan and have we all forgot about the "Off-topic garden cafe"? I have become more of a lurker because I have felt this decline for quite some time and others have been in denial about it. It saddens me to say that I don't feel like a part of this family anymore and this was my first home when first joining the forums (I wasn't even aware of other sections).

I remember making a post saying this this section was on the downfall and "Milantildeath" was very quick to disagree, perhaps my name doesn't carry the same weight as Iras'. But that doesn't change the fact that I care for this section and hate what it has become. The only reason I made that thread was to raise the awareness and everyone was quick to ignore it. I do fear it might be too late, but I'm hoping some posters can step up and prove me wrong.

So before you go and click that +1 button for Iras' post and just move on with your day, think about what you can do to better this section. Agreeing with the OP is just the first step, but actually doing something about is what will bring this section back its glory.

P.S. I hope none of you take what I had to say the wrong way, I just want this section to return to what it once was.

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:16 pm

Let them hit us as much as they can, what's the difference?

We have history, they don't!

Both our beloved club and our section have history but they are going through a period of you know, you know, temporary decline?

The guys MF7 mentions were the backbone of this section, I loved the way I didn't need to say anything in any situation because whatever that came to my incomplete brain, somebody had said it a few minutes, hours, days before.

Now, though, we are left with a skeleton, admittedly a very robust one, but it's not beautiful like it used to be. The skeleton needs its flesh... (What a way to describe things, eh?)

Anyway.

Maybe we should trust the magical effect of time, which could bring anything in this world our way. Maybe buying a new superstar, or bringing back a certain former golden boy would gather many around here and have us cheer like never before. Who knows?

Let things take their course, I say. We'll be the best in a future which is not very far from here.
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:52 pm

Giancarlo posts a lot on Rossoneriblog. If you go there you are certain to run into him
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:13 pm

I'm still here occasionally, It's a lot harder now since young Paolo (my son) is a walking and talking now. I've got a lot less time
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:33 pm

Iras, Dom wonderful messages.

This is my first post in the Milan section since the Juve match.

Remember how much time I used to spend here with the match day and transfer sections along with my long long post match discussions?

Reason I do not post here anymore is because the negativity, short-sightedness and overall cynicism has caused me to be disillusioned with this once great section as I won't take names but too many posters have left such as my friends like Brigate, Dante, Izzy etc along with you.

Everytime I composed a sensible and in depth analysis it is met by pure cynicism and criticism on being delusional or being an allegri lover while my points have been proven time and time again. Recent one? Our winning streak since the Juve match. Where are the critics now? NOWHERE.

Its just it doesn't give me the motivation I used to have when I shared discussion with such great posters who have mostly been banned or aren't frequent.

But I promise you I will be back and more frequent then ever as one spark will inspire the rest to post more often.

Special mention to BiasedMilanFan3 who seemingly has taken my role as the calm and sensible poster here and has done an absolutely wonderful job (your words are great, friend) while arabprince, jeps and recently the more mature Regis have done so as well.

I only blame those cynical and narrow minded who have caused the whole thread to dismantle as this is the reason why Spencer, THC, Dreamer, Izzy etc and I don't post as often.

But be patient as this forum will be running again

but the spirit and dedication is missing as I only blame the ones who
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:42 pm

this section has been active today cheers
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:49 pm

Ganso wrote:this section has been active today cheers

I'll bring it back man, just wait.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:11 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Iras, Dom wonderful messages.

This is my first post in the Milan section since the Juve match.

Remember how much time I used to spend here with the match day and transfer sections along with my long long post match discussions?

Reason I do not post here anymore is because the negativity, short-sightedness and overall cynicism has caused me to be disillusioned with this once great section as I won't take names but too many posters have left such as my friends like Brigate, Dante, Izzy etc along with you.

Everytime I composed a sensible and in depth analysis it is met by pure cynicism and criticism on being delusional or being an allegri lover while my points have been proven time and time again. Recent one? Our winning streak since the Juve match. Where are the critics now? NOWHERE.

Its just it doesn't give me the motivation I used to have when I shared discussion with such great posters who have mostly been banned or aren't frequent.

But I promise you I will be back and more frequent then ever as one spark will inspire the rest to post more often.

Special mention to BiasedMilanFan3 who seemingly has taken my role as the calm and sensible poster here and has done an absolutely wonderful job (your words are great, friend) while arabprince, jeps and recently the more mature Regis have done so as well.

I only blame those cynical and narrow minded who have caused the whole thread to dismantle as this is the reason why Spencer, THC, Dreamer, Izzy etc and I don't post as often.

But be patient as this forum will be running again

but the spirit and dedication is missing as I only blame the ones who

I Remember, I Still Remember... Tumblr_ltz6tbH5mh1qad0lz

The Milan section really did take a beating with the departure of high quality posters who post in high quantities (i.e. Brigate, Giancarlo, Izzy) and while I do commend Milanista99 for his suggestion of posting more topics, I really don't want this section to turn into a news feed like the Juve section.
And I say that in no offence to DeviAngel and his incredible commitment to the forum

If Goal-Legacy were easier to find by simply typing in "football forums" into Google, I think the Milan section would certainly improve. Milan has a huge following across the world from me and Dos here in Australia to Ganso in Brazil. But that does also beg for the possibility of senseless posters who suggest FIFA 12 manager mode style formations and unrealistic transfers every window who may also be unseasoned to the rules of Goal-Legacy.

I myself considered at one point departing for RossoneriBlog but you know what...I like the Milan users here and I like that there are posters from other teams here. While I love talking about Milan and could go on for hours... Every now and then I like taking an interest in other teams issues or getting into a debate with Juventus or Inter supporters for whatever reason.

But I can't see myself leaving these forums now. Even if everyone else gets permabanned and Milan get demoted to Serie C, I will still be here posting and preaching the greatest team of all (AC Milan)
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:37 pm

You have my sword!
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:57 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:But I can't see myself leaving these forums now. Even if everyone else gets permabanned and Milan get demoted to Serie C, I will still be here posting and preaching the greatest team of all (AC Milan)

Milanista spirit :bow: :bow: :bow:

Great posts from everyone else too. Thumbs up Even though I wasn't on back in the lithium days, I was still around on this forum before lots of people got banned, especially Brigante who used to post a huge amount of stuff.

Perhaps an appeal to the mods to let the banned have a second chance? Would it work if we make this a huge thread for that and posted on it every day? Surely it would work its way up to the top of the most active list?

The more active this section is, the more diverse the opinions are and the more interesting the discussions will be.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:45 am

I never got my posting stride going (I don't know why!) but, I have been here, (reading mostly), since the very beginning (i.e. Lithium), and IMO, this is the lowest point in our graph so far! Lets make it a turning point and take things upwards from here on!

PS: I don't remember when was the last time I posted, but I shall try to post more from now onward!
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:52 am

TBH this section is still one of the most active in here.

Compared to the others really.

In dostoevsky we trust.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:09 pm

Yeah it kinda fade away, its not even worth trolling here anymore :coffee:
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:32 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:TBH this section is still one of the most active in here.

Compared to the others really.

In dostoevsky we trust.

We're not comparing it to other sections and the bar was set very high at a point and time. Active doesn't mean quality, I come in this section everyday and that standards have dropped significantly. This place used to be a bit tight knit Italian family and I still have faith in it, I foresee a bright future for this section Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:01 pm

Hope all settles down with u guys, and tbf the quality atm is still excellent in here.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:09 pm

Does anyone else find it ironic that Carletto's last year coaching us, which was a pretty bad season by my beloved Milan's high standards, was our most active?

Fellow Milanisiti, let's translate our success on the pitch to success here.

@Our beloved Admins, RG, and JD, thanks for the support! Coming from a section that was most active in the vBulletin forums, this is an all time low however.

I am at fault as much as anyone else, and I will try to post more often, and in the end, to the thing I enjoy doing the most -- Talking about Football.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down