Clarence Seedorf: AC Milan are at the same level as Barcelona

3 posters

Go down

Clarence Seedorf: AC Milan are at the same level as Barcelona Empty Clarence Seedorf: AC Milan are at the same level as Barcelona

Post by jibers Sat 03 Dec 2011, 05:29

The Dutch midfielder was buoyed by his club's display against the Catalan giants in the Champions League and claims that the Rossoneri can triumph in Europe this season

The Rossoneri were beaten 3-2 on the night and managed just 41 per cent possession at San Siro. However, Seedorf feels that the Italian titleholders proved that they can compete with the Blaugrana by playing their part in what was an enthralling encounter.

"We had a great game, showing our value," the Dutch midfielder said. “And the awareness of our resources is vital for the future.

"We played at the same level, and we stayed at their level.

"The ball possession is not deceiving: but that's the way they play; we play just in another way."

And Seedorf is in no doubt that Milan can end Barca’s reign as European champions by sticking to their own take on the beautiful game.

"In May, I would like to celebrate the conquest of the Champions League," he said. "In the championship we have to reconfirm [our superiority]; the real challenge is in Europe.

"The difference will be in the small details: for example, the third goal from Barca [from Xavi] could have been avoided."

On a personal level, Seedorf acknowledges that at 35 he can no longer play every game for Milan – but that does not mean that he does not want to.

“Of course, with plenty of important matches to play, a coach tries to rotate players in order to save some energy," the four-time Champions League winner said.

"I understand that, but people should know that I always want to be on the field. It's my mentality. I enjoy playing too much!”

Seedorf has played just six games in Serie A this season but has featured in four of Milan's five outings in Europe and remains a key member of Massimiliano Allegri's side.

Last edited by jibers on Sat 03 Dec 2011, 06:36; edited 1 time in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Clarence Seedorf: AC Milan are at the same level as Barcelona Empty Re: Clarence Seedorf: AC Milan are at the same level as Barcelona

Post by The Madrid One Sat 03 Dec 2011, 05:30

tmo: seedorf thinks hes world class.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Clarence Seedorf: AC Milan are at the same level as Barcelona Empty Re: Clarence Seedorf: AC Milan are at the same level as Barcelona

Post by Ali Sat 03 Dec 2011, 06:52

Pep: " Seedorf has deceived me ".
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down