che
EarlyPrototype
BarrileteCosmico
FennecFox7
Patrick Bateman
31 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Mancini sentenced to 2 yrs and 8 months in prison - Page 3 Empty Re: Mancini sentenced to 2 yrs and 8 months in prison

Post by jn2002dk Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:22 pm

andiii wrote:
jn2002dk wrote:
You're *bleep* retarded

Please do yourself a favour and stop posting

well i think blindly believing the court outcome when you weren't at the trial and didn't hear anything anyone said is a bit retarded. also that you somehow think trying to bribe her automatically makes them guilty, which again is retarded
So i'm supposed to take the word of some random chav rather than a court verdict?
Yea sure

Last edited by jn2002dk on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:27 pm; edited 2 times in total

jn2002dk
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Mancini sentenced to 2 yrs and 8 months in prison - Page 3 Empty Re: Mancini sentenced to 2 yrs and 8 months in prison

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:23 pm

andiii wrote:
jn2002dk wrote:
You're *bleep* retarded

Please do yourself a favour and stop posting

well i think blindly believing the court outcome when you weren't at the trial and didn't hear anything anyone said is a bit retarded. also that you somehow think trying to bribe her automatically makes them guilty, which again is retarded

If I was at any stage in time sure of my innocence I wouldn't bribe the accuser because that will bury me deep.

If I was not innocent and am not confident about my defense bribing would only bury me that much deeper.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:36 pm

you just don't get it
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:42 pm

andiii wrote:you just don't get it

How don't I get it, please tell me how in my 10 years of Law experience don't I get it.

Simply put, he was convicted in a court of law; bribing someone is as much a confession as an actual confession.

If he wanted to settle out of court that was something else, but bribery and strong arm tactics are admissions of guilt as any lawyer worth his salt would say.

Now, the fact she refused both bribery, strong arm tactics, and settlement, and the fact she got nothing out of this case aside from her lawyer's fees, and some still have the audacity to question her motives and call her a whore.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:54 pm

the reason why bribery by it's self isn't something which convicts him is because he's a footballer with a life somewhat in the media. it's amazing that someone with "10 years of law experience" doesn't know that sometimes famous people would rather keep things quiet even if they're innocent because it would be bad publicity and nothing but trouble and aggravation. and considering he's a millionaire a bribe can be easier to do and far less hassle than going to court
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by jn2002dk Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:57 pm

andiii wrote:the reason why bribery by it's self isn't something which convicts him is because he's a footballer with a life somewhat in the media. it's amazing that someone with "10 years of law experience" doesn't know that sometimes famous people would rather keep things quiet even if they're innocent because it would be bad publicity and nothing but trouble and aggravation. and considering he's a millionaire a bribe can be easier to do and far less hassle than going to court
Settling out of court
Bribery

Pick one, they're not the same...
Trying to bribe her IS the same as admitting he did it
Also, why would she accuse him and then refusing the bribe if he is innocent?
She stands to gain nothing from it, what's her motivation?
jn2002dk
jn2002dk
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:16 am

andiii wrote:the reason why bribery by it's self isn't something which convicts him is because he's a footballer with a life somewhat in the media. it's amazing that someone with "10 years of law experience" doesn't know that sometimes famous people would rather keep things quiet even if they're innocent because it would be bad publicity and nothing but trouble and aggravation. and considering he's a millionaire a bribe can be easier to do and far less hassle than going to court

That is true and hence why out of court settlement happen.

Bribery does not equal settlement.

Bribery is illegal, while settlement is.

Settlement is like legal bribery, and she refused both Bribery and settlement. The only thing that makes him go for a bribery first and not try to settle is two reasons:

a) he is very stupid.
b) he is obviously guilty, in which case this ceases to be a private case and becomes public, hence he can't settle.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:49 am

Double post............

Last edited by Swagg_Johnson on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:50 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
Swagg_Johnson wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:I see just-world theory printed on some of the honestly pathetic replies to this case.

First, the facts:

This is obviously not rape, as in Italy rape would at least bring you 9 years in prison. This is sexual assault, which like Zealous said can be anything from groping to forced kisses.

Ok replace the word 'rape' from my posts with 'sexual assault'.. I still feel the same way.. If she didn't want money then maybe she just wanted to screw him over who knows, maybe he got his dick sucked then kicked her out and she got all emotional and stuff.. I've seen a lot of crazy women do some crazy stuff in my life Razz

And I saw a lot of women gang raped and then the rapers getting away because the judge declared the Women "Stupid to walk alone in the streets", and I saw a lot of women get beaten and then get accused by the media to have inflicted damage on themselves. Your mentality is that of a third world country's most imbecilic people.

You excuse the man who have been convicted in a court of law, and who tried to both strong arm and bribe his victim, and you condemn the women for prosecuting. Seriously, what in the frak is wrong with you.

Ok, so it can go either way... How many times has a court of law royally screwed something up? And btw his friend trying to bribe her doesn't mean anything, maybe he just didn't want to waste the time going to court and getting his name slandered
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:56 am

Yeah, how many times is the court wrong? The amount of times is minimal, since guilt has to be proved. For your attitude to be acceptable the percentage would need to be 50% or more, not less than 1. Assuming that he didn't do it just because "she can say whatever she wants" is an incredibly misogynistic attitude. I can say whatever I want to, and don't regularly send girls to court...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:30 am

Atlético-MG's Mancini was convicted to 2 years and 8 months in prison by Italian courts.

BUT its a pretty useless conviction, as Mancini has no chance of ever serving in prison there as Braziilian laws don't allow Brazil to extradite natural Brazilian citizens (as in, not naturalized ones) to foreign countries.

/thread. settles that :coffee: Welcome to Brazil.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:36 am

Dear forum: The vast majority of sexual assaults and rapes go unreported in every single society. Sexual violence is an unpunished crime on a massive scale. Many women are too scared to report the crime, most know their attackers and a surprising amount are unaware of just what legal lines have been crossed.

How many times has a court screwed up a case like this? Not enough for your hearsay and anecdotal evidence to break my bleeding liberal heart.

I can't believe Mancini is being treated as a victim. :facepalm:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:43 am

He is a coward if he is hiding in Brasil so he doesn't go to jail.

i have lost any remaining respect for him after reading this thread.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:47 am

kick mars wrote:He is a coward if he is hiding in Brasil so he doesn't go to jail..

I'm sure in his position you would do the same...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:49 am

^ In cases like this it is best to remain Neutral

Hearsay and anecdotal evidence are what is mainly used to prosecute in these types of cases.

One thing that gives it some element of validiy was the fact that it was a criminal and not a civil manner.

One thing though- courts have screwed up cases like this many times, and guys have been wrongfully imprisoned just out of plain ignorance. I don't know about the justice system in Italy but the justice system in America is completely marred by cases of irrefutable misandry.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:50 am

The girl's case is hearsay and anecdotal, yet there is somehow some scientific credibility behind the man's claims of "consent."

:brickwall:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:00 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
kick mars wrote:He is a coward if he is hiding in Brasil so he doesn't go to jail..

I'm sure in his position you would do the same...

I would but I am a coward. So I wouldn't be in this mess as I couldn't sexually assault a woman.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3