Gil
123 posters

Page 4 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next

Go down

Luiz Suarez - Page 4 Empty Re: Luiz Suarez

Post by lszanto Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:15 am

stevieg8 wrote:
lszanto wrote:
RedOranje wrote:Right, right... he has eyes on the ball until just before it hits Parker's head, when he then looks to where he'd be making contact with it for the volley (not surprising, given he's trying to volley it in). He has no history with Parker, not even in today's match, but yet some seem determined to find proof that the lad had intent. It's amazing, really. Rolling Eyes

He pushes Parker and knows exactly where he is and then proceeds to kick him. If he was attempting to kick the ball then he would have swung much later, if Parker was not there this would have just been an airswing. Are you saying he mistimed a volley by such a huge amount? He would have swung his leg almost a second before the ball would even drop to near his foot.

I doubt he has anything against Parker but he did try to kick him from what it looks like... And if a stumbling Balotelli gets 4 weeks for falling over...

he knew where parker was, but had the ball fallen past the header (quite possible, especially due to the push he gave him) he would've looked quite foolish just standing there. furthermore, the swing was timed exactly right, as shown by the fact that the contact was made after the header was completed, so your argument on that basis is incorrect as well. considering the two have had no disagreements in the past, and had yet to even put in a challenge against each other up to that point in the game, there's truly no reason to think that suarez, having just returned from a ban, would be stupid enough to intentionally take a swing at someone and get removed from even more bans.

unless of course he's now racist against white, english people too.

He makes contact as the ball hits the top of his head. Not stupid enough? This guy makes Wayne Rooney look like a genius.

Anyways obviously a fan is never going to think it was intentional(the same way i'd back my player), but I think people have been punished for far less.

lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:49 am

By tomorrow, the story will be that Suarez Rock Bottom'd Parker Rolling Eyes
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:27 am

Not a red for sure.

I don't even think it was a yellow. It was similar to Adebayor's momentum carrying him into Bellamy- he was sorry afterwards and it was just an incident, no harm intended.

Suarez was going for the ball and because he's a good striker, despite not knowing if the ball would come all the way down or not, he was already getting his swing going to meet it. He just did what any good striker would do, it's unfortunate that it happened to hit Parker in a bad spot.

People looking to fault Suarez for this just don't like Suarez IMO.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:49 am

Sure it's a penalty but I mean the reason he pushed him was so Parker would miss the header because he knew he could never beat Parker in the air if it paid off and the ref didn't see the push he would of got a free volley at goal.
Of Course it's not the best sportsmanship but it happens every single game during corners and free kicks.

Everyone trying to crucify Suarez and Balotelli you see it during the matches sure they do some stupid stuff but the referees just have a no tolerance policy it seems on these two guys.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:23 am

That kick on Parker was no where near the ball. That dude is a straight up dumb ass who will do any dirty little trick in the book to try and win
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:46 am

It was were the ball would have been windkick... not that hard to grasp.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:58 am

but it wasn't.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:06 am

It most certainly was, mate. You're struggling here to grasp a basic concept.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:11 am

I need to rewatch then mate. I watched it when it aired live and at the time it seemed like Suarez straight kick box kicked Parker in the chest and the ball was no where near the kicks direction. Plain and simple it's hard to give Suarez the benefit of the doubt when it comes to things like this because he comes off as a guy who would do some dirty shite like that
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:31 am

well apparently back home in Uruguay that's a loving gesture between good friends.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:00 am

^ Is that a joke? 'cause you sound like a Manc inbred. ._.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by aunshi Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:25 am

In Suarez's defence, a lot of people seem to kick Parker, maybe it's his fault.

aunshi
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:05 am

The reasoning here (or lack of it) for Suarez' intentions is quite meager. So no point on that.

What bothers me is how a professional footballer with rock hard abs can go down as if a shotgun blew his cajones off.

Because seriously, do watch the video and contact, Parker made a meal out of it.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:13 am

Arquitecto wrote:The reasoning here (or lack of it) for Suarez' intentions is quite meager. So no point on that.

What bothers me is how a professional footballer with rock hard abs can go down as if a shotgun blew his cajones off.

Because seriously, do watch the video and contact, Parker made a meal out of it.

Laughing
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:21 am

lszanto wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:The reasoning here (or lack of it) for Suarez' intentions is quite meager. So no point on that.

Laughing

I know, about as funny as your "into Luis' Suarez' Mind: a thought by thought action re-cap"

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:23 am

Arquitecto wrote:
lszanto wrote:

Laughing

I know, about as funny as your "into Luis' Suarez' Mind: a thought by thought action re-cap"

About as funny as your "it's fine to kick players, it just tests their abs out".
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:28 am

lszanto wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
lszanto wrote:

Laughing

About as funny as your "it's fine to kick players, it just tests their abs out".

Maybe if your "reasoning" actually convinced me, then I would have been compelled to actually consider that.

But I can't just follow one man's psychic journey into a footballers mind.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:31 am

Arquitecto wrote:
lszanto wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
lszanto wrote:

Laughing

Maybe if your "reasoning" actually convinced me, then I would have been compelled to actually consider that.

Interpret it how you want but I THINK it looked like he attempted to kick him, obviously your red glasses didn't allow you to see that though.

I guess i'm wrong to question the intent of such a honest and lovely player such as Suarez, my bad.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:40 am

lszanto wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
lszanto wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
lszanto wrote:

Laughing

Interpret it how you want but I THINK it looked like he attempted to kick him, obviously your red glasses didn't allow you to see that though.

I guess i'm wrong to question the intent of such a honest and lovely player such as Suarez, my bad.

Things like this happen in football all the time as sometimes your brain doesn't work fast enough to keep up with the body in terms of hand-eye coordination. Its just a common case of mis-proprioception of coordination.

As for the intention, it clearly was not there as Suarez' is anticipating the ball coming down yet embarrassingly misjudges it.

Silly mistake? yes

Intentional kung-fu kick? Absolutely not.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:14 am

I dunno Arc,

If I watch the video carefully, when the ball is still quite high I could almost swear Suarez shows a little side glance to see where Parker is positioned.

My interpretation is that it is intentional but covered up very well to make it not look intentional.

Two more points:

1) Suarez is one of the most technically gifted forwards I've seen in the last few years, I cannot see how he would misjudge the "volley" so poorly.. the ball is nowhere near close enough to the incident for my liking.

2) His exaggerated apologetic reaction looks premeditated because he jumps to say sorry so quickly that he is almost expectant that he is going to get him good.

I don't hate on Suarez, I think he has amazing ability.. but he also has a reputation.. the spitting, the biting, the cheating, the racism debacle.. I don't want to say it clouds my opinion of him but at the same time I'm less inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:23 am

That kick looked deliberate lol,may be his vampire instincts
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:32 am

jesus arq youre embarassing yourself here.
brock lesnar got stopped by a kick like that a few months ago... was he making a meal of it? has scott parker better abs that brock freaking lesnar?
a kick like that is dehabilitating.. not only is it painful. it knocks the wind out of you and makes it extremely hard and painful to breathe.
what do you do when youre in pain? breathe harder and let out prolonged breaths.. all which parker couldnt do.
coupled with suarez is a striker, he works on leg strength and maximum power for kicking out at short proximity.. which cancels out strong fcuking abs.
cringeworthy defence of suarez... embarassing

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:33 am

Aaah, I had already forgotten the falling albino , the most *bleep* player alive. Him and Pepe are now like brothers though.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:40 am

jiopsi wrote:Aaah, I had already forgotten the falling albino , the most *bleep* player alive. Him and Pepe are now like brothers though.

True to form, the Madrid-Barca flame-war starter couldn't resist a Pepe remark. So transparent. Laughing
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:44 am

Giovanni10 wrote:
jiopsi wrote:Aaah, I had already forgotten the falling albino , the most *bleep* player alive. Him and Pepe are now like brothers though.

True to form, the Madrid-Barca flame-war starter couldn't resist a Pepe remark. So transparent. Laughing
Well ain't true though? Both are diving, cheating, kicking shithouses? Very Happy
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:28 am

what about this

http://www.google.co.in/imgres?q=suarez+poking+parker+in+the+eye&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1024&bih=677&tbm=isch&tbnid=AHdLGfuOhnI3kM:&imgrefurl=http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php%3Fp%3D76954248&docid=MkhBn1kH7YDGUM&itg=1&imgurl=http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptussowexperts/3c81404fbeef7d2fb481425e89f4bde9-getty-508656405.jpg&w=630&h=301&ei=GPswT7KyF_GNiAfe3fGGBQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=217&vpy=270&dur=536&hovh=155&hovw=325&tx=186&ty=102&sig=103549128900420029188&page=1&tbnh=94&tbnw=196&start=0&ndsp=14&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next