Ganso
Swanhends
Gil
123 posters

Page 28 of 35 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 31 ... 35  Next

Go down

Luiz Suarez - Page 28 Empty Re: Luiz Suarez

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:24 pm

We'll see how Saurez performs. If, like Tevez, he becomes a disgruntled shadow of himself and his price drops 50%, Liverpool may have saved some pride, but cost themselves a lot of money and did more harm than good for the club (could buy better/more players with the extra money).

I get why Liverpool is doing this. But they are not like City or some other loaded club that can easily replace Suarez with another player on the squad...

Imo, it's a bad move in terms of cold business. It's not going to benefit the club.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:26 pm

You could look at it this way as well, Liverpool isnt in a position to replace Suarez. Mkhitaryan, Costa are rejecting us and you guys are talking about what we could have done with more money Laughing

More Downings and Carroll's would be on their way.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:35 pm

Why do you think they're not coming?  It's because they see how the Suarez situation has unfolded and they don't want to come to Liverpool unless they have a very reasonable exit clause in the contract.  They don't want to get stuck.

Keeping Suarez may feel good... but it's really not good.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:37 pm

sportsczy wrote:Why do you think they're not coming?  It's because they see how the Suarez situation has unfolded and they don't want to come to Liverpool unless they have a very reasonable exit clause in the contract.  They don't want to get stuck.

Keeping Suarez may feel good... but it's really not good.
Or maybe they have better offers. Of course Mkhitaryan prefers to play for a top 4 team in Europe, CL finalist, as opposed the 7th best team in PL who don't even have EL football.

We are in no position to let a player of Suarez caliber go without being ready for it and confident of attracting suitable replacements.

Suarez is banned for another month anyways, it'll be interesting to see his attitude if he comes back. If we make a good start to he league and doing well, it'll solve a lot of problems.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:39 pm

it also has to do with the fact that going to Dortmund or staying at Atletico is infinitely better than joining liverpool at this point. Let's not kid ourself, sporting wise what are the reasons to join liverpool if CL clubs want you? 0

It's a miracle they got suarez in the first place, or bad decision making from him to move there in the first place. Pool cant attract elite talent to better their club, they have to develop those players and attract youngsters with talent.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:43 pm

You make no sense

So Mkhit told BR:-" Listen Rodgers mate, I would rather have release clause in my contract to get out of a Non CL club(Liverpool) than play football with a established CL club(Dortmund)."

And it doesn't feel good, Arsenal not getting him is the only small positive, You have no idea about this as well.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:51 pm

Roma players like Lamela and Pjanic prefer Spurs over Liverpool just because they see how much money they have to buy good players.  Honestly, i don't see a big difference otherwise.  Spurs' strategy is to sell players for as much as they can when they ask to leave (they have experience with disgruntled players) and are able to replace them with very good prospects as a result.

I mean if Liverpool threw 15-20 mil at St Etienne, Zouma would jump.  35 Mil for Lamela?  Roma would take it without a doubt and Lamela may choose Liverpool.

That's how Spurs got Dembele, Lloris, Chadli, etc.  They were craving to play in a top league on a team with exposure regardless of Europe.  Spurs was that.  Liverpool would be smart to follow that example UNTIL it gets some credibility back.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:19 pm

sportsczy wrote:Roma players like Lamela and Pjanic prefer Spurs over Liverpool just because they see how much money they have to buy good players.  Honestly, i don't see a big difference otherwise.  Spurs' strategy is to sell players for as much as they can when they ask to leave (they have experience with disgruntled players) and are able to replace them with very good prospects as a result.

I mean if Liverpool threw 15-20 mil at St Etienne, Zouma would jump.  35 Mil for Lamela?  Roma would take it without a doubt and Lamela may choose Liverpool.

That's how Spurs got Dembele, Lloris, Chadli, etc.  They were craving to play in a top league on a team with exposure regardless of Europe.  Spurs was that.  Liverpool would be smart to follow that example UNTIL it gets some credibility back.
I don't understand how you can use Spurs as a counterexample when they have multiple examples of doing the exact same thing in recent years.  Modric was forced to stay an extra year before leaving, it's entirely possible the same thing will happen with Bale considering the difference in valuations being reported... Why would players trust them any more than Liverpool after this?

I think it's pretty easy for anyone unaffiliated with the situation to see that there are two sides, and I'd be shocked if any player who genuinely sees Liverpool as an improvement on their current situation (whether in terms of playing time, wages, or club stature) would turn down Liverpool because of this saga.  Unless it's someone like Cavani who is close with Suarez and is prone to take his side, I don't see this effecting our transfer targets.

Edit: Just to further the point, do you think Dortmund's transfer targets are going to take a hit because of their refusal to sell Lewandowski to Bayern? I'd be very surprised to hear that was the case in that situation or any other similar transfer saga.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:32 pm

Modric agreed to stay an extra year by the start of the season.  He got a big raise and he stayed for an extra year.  I'm sure if Liverpool offered Suarez a big raise and told him he'd be sold in the following summer, this would all go away.  Discontent will happen... but you have to find some kind of solution to motivate the player.  These guys are not brain surgeons for the most part.  They need the few braincells that they have pointed in the right direction Laughing If Liverpool gives Suarez more money and guarantee him a sale next summer, it would go away.  Is there any hint of that?  Or is it still about an apology??

They want to do that with Bale and he said no... so they're unloading him.  If they don't, they're making a big mistake too and i don't want Bale at Madrid.

Also, Lewandowski had the same issue with Poznan when he wanted to go to Dortmund.  He stayed the extra year, kept his mouth shut and performed just as well.  At least with him, you have precedent that he will act professionally even if unhappy.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:34 pm

I'm not talking about the players' performances in that year, as that remains to be seen - personally, I feel Suarez' passion will work in our favor, but it's possible you're right and he'll be discontent and play poorly all year.

I was talking about your point in regards to the transfer market - that treating a player like this will prevent future transfers from coming to Liverpool. I was simply saying that this hasn't been true for other clubs who acted similarly, and I'd be shocked to hear that was a deciding factor in a transfer that otherwise would've been completed to Liverpool.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:00 pm

Spurs are not getting top players because of this.  The only way they get them is if a) they overpay or b) it's the best option for the player.  So far, only Lloris has fallen in that category.

Why do you think every top player has refused them in the last several years?  It's Levy's business tactics.

So instead, they've changed tactics and now sell high and use the money to buy good players with high ceilings that see the Spurs as an upward career move as opposed to targeting stars.

My point is that Liverpool has to pick one path or the other.... either make it a player-friendly environment so stars come and know they won't be blocked if a better opportunity arises or Liverpool needs to copy Levy.  

If Suarez value still had upward mobility, then i'd understand these tactics. But I don't think anyone is going to offer more than 50 mil euros for Suarez.  He has too much baggage.  If he was a normal person, he'd be worth 60... but he's not.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:09 pm

This isn't about finances, it's about success on the pitch and ensuring the club has the best possible chance of challenging for a top 4 place this season. Given the difficulties that Liverpool have faced in bringing in top tier talent this window, how little time (and how few players) is (are) left, and just how influential Suarez can be, it makes absolutely no sense for the club to sell at this point. Add to that that the only buyer is a club that will also be pursuing that CL place and it would be absolute madness to sanction Suarez's move.

Even is Suarez does not perform (which is seen as unlikely, given his passion for playing the game) it still benefits Liverpool more to keep him than to see him playing, fully motivated, for a club who's success would directly hinder Liverpool's pursuit of the club's seasonal goals.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:15 pm

Liverpool is not really competing for top 4 spot in EPL even with a top form Suarez... let's be real here.  Top 6, sure.  But not top 4 this year.  The team has too many holes.

If Liverpool had sold Suarez and bought lets say Michu+Pjanic with the money, they're a better team than with just Suarez.  Coutinho/Pjanic to set the table for Michu/Sturridge = very potent.  

The superstar player is good to get you over the top or, if he's happy to be there, to attract other players.  But if a team is not that superstar away from reaching the next level + his presence is not an attraction for other players... then i don't quite understand the risk Liverpool is taking here.  It's hurting more than helping.  At best, it's a status quo, which didn't land you in top 6 last year.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:24 pm

Michu is a CAM and Coutinho won't be dropped... nor will Sturridge who has 10 goals in 14 games. That leaves little space for Michu to play.

Please at least attempt to take a realistic approach to the analysis and give half a second to consider Liverpool's actual position, rather than just reverting to FM/FIFA mode.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:37 pm

Can't Liverpool convince Suarez that moving to Arsenal isn't much of an upgrade to his career? Why is he so supposedly desperate to play in the CL?

He needs to think of more than just joining a team that is in the CL. He needs to wait until a club capable of winning the CL/their League makes an offer. That is when Liverpool should sell Suarez.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:57 pm

Why are people still talking like Suarez is going to  be moving to Arsenal. IT'S OVER. He's staying and there is very little anyone can do about it. What's the point in debating if Arsenal's got a stronger pull for better player than Liverpool

It's not set on stone that Suarez will underperform and sulk this season. If anything, going from the character that Suarez has he'll probably play harder than ever. Let's just wait and see how he performs before saying Pool made a mistake by holding their own against embarrassing attempts of other clubs and Suarez in trying to leave. I think Suarez's ban could be a blessing in disguise. He'll have time to sit in the stands and think about what it is to not be able to play. And that might actually fuel him into giving his all for us if he doesn't plan to already.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:58 pm

Or, you know, keep him and push on to a better league position then let him go when we have a better chance of attracting real talent.

Luiz Suarez - Page 28 Article-2395575-1B530CBA000005DC-192_634x422

Luiz Suarez - Page 28 Article-2395575-1B5303CC000005DC-165_634x635

Luiz Suarez - Page 28 Article-2395575-1B530CFA000005DC-957_634x422
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:46 pm

Props to Liverpool for keeping Suarez plus making him apologize.

Meanwhile RVP is banging goals for Man Utd... Yeah footballing reasons.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:49 pm

KennethCole wrote:Props to Liverpool for keeping Suarez plus making him apologize.

They showed us, well done Liverpool.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:34 pm

It was Gerrard who settled the dispute that Suarez had with Brendan. Proud Everything that's ever good and associated with our club, Stevie is on the forefront of it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:38 pm

McAgger wrote:It was Gerrard who settled the dispute that Suarez had with Brendan. Proud Everything that's ever good and associated with our club, Stevie is on the forefront of it.
Lover Gerrard, always had so much respect for him.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:45 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
KennethCole wrote:Props to Liverpool for keeping Suarez plus making him apologize.

They showed us, well done Liverpool.
It's a whole different situation with RvP and Suarez though.

RvP only had 1 year left on his contract. I still think you should of kept him and let him leave on a free as he would of paid himself off by guaranteeing you CL football. You made top 4 without him, but there is a good chance you're not going to make it with all your injuries and your whole situation where your board is idiotic.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:33 am

Wenger on Suarez:

"Yes," Wenger told reporters when asked if a deal was dead. "Absolutely no chance of that."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:31 pm

So...

Will he go to RM or sign extension?
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)