Ganso
Swanhends
Gil
123 posters

Page 22 of 35 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 35  Next

Go down

Luiz Suarez - Page 22 Empty Re: Luiz Suarez

Post by RedOranje Fri May 31, 2013 9:59 pm

Alright folks, there's a lot of different quotes and (mis)information floating around re:Suarez at the moment so let's all cool our jets and get a good grip on the situation before jumping to any absurd conclusions.

First off, Suarez has not said that he "wants to leave" or any direct variation thereof as SkySports and several other news sources have reported today. They are taking a very creative translation and interpretation of the interview he gave yesterday that Echo had already covered. I have read the full transcript in original Spanish as well as in an accurate English translation (available below in spoilers). He DOES state that a change would not be bad this summer, but only in response to a direct question on that exact turn of phrase. It is clear that he is open and even wants a move to Spain this summer, but it is also clear from his quotes that he would be happy to stay at Liverpool and would give his all next season.

Funnily enough, even Florentino Perez's quotes have not escaped this little bit of creative interpretation. He said, "Suarez is a great player and I am sure all in the world would want him. I like him and others too, but it does not always fit." The first part has received plenty of attention and fuels much of the discussion about Madrid's interest, however a key part is mostly ignored (and at times even edited out altogether). "But it does not always fit" deserves some consideration as it suggests that while Perez himself admires Suarez's ability he may not believe that Suarez fits into Madrid on/off the pitch, or may defer to whichever manager eventually arrives. Madrid's supposed move for Luis may never materialize simply because they have other targets.

Also clear is that his motivations are not ENTIRELY related to the media as he claims. We [Liverpool] have not been in or even close to the CL during his time with us and we are not in European competition at all next season. Further, clubs such as Madrid and Barcelona could and would offer him a significant wage increase should either be interested in securing his services. Both of these issues clearly play a significant role in his current stance. That said, the English media, and by extension a notable portion of the British public HAS been on a bit of a witch hunt at times. Yes, he's brought much of the negative attention upon himself but there is simply no justification for:
Spoiler:

The sensationalism and double standards are clear for all to see. However, as with any group English journalists and media have circled the wagons in response to Suarez's criticisms. It is as natural a reaction as it is frustrating. Even journalists who criticized their colleagues for the headlines and reports at the time of the event have suddenly changed their opinion and jumped on the "Suarez is using us as an excuse and was never misrepresented or defamed by any British media; we're the victims here!" bandwagon... and they have been very effective at pushing that agenda/message, so far.

It is plenty clear that Luis Suarez would welcome a move away from England this summer and that his motives are not as clear cut as he suggests. However, things are not as cut and dry as the media would make it seem, nor is Suarez victimizing them so much as they claim. He may well move this summer... he may also not. The outcome is not yet decided however, and the situation is still quite fluid. There are multiple agendas at play and Suarez's is only one of the factors in the eventual outcome.

I maintain that while Suarez does seem to prefer a move abroad, he would not be upset at another season with Liverpool. As things stand it seems unlikely that he will hand in a transfer request, though with his continuing consideration there's always the chance that this could change. This leaves the impetus on deciding his future to the clubs involved (Liverpool & Madrid or any other interested). For Liverpool he is an integral player: he is perhaps the most recognizable face off the pitch due to his (bad) publicity and is a massive, massive influence on it. The price of any player is decided by his importance to the club selling. It's up to Madrid to meet that price, be it the rumoured (and now defunct) buy-out clause or simply Liverpool's "too good to refuse" bar. Should Suarez be allowed to leave, it will almost certainly be for more than the Torres valuation... i.e. more than £50m. Only time will tell whether this happens and until such a time as it is decided, or the player/his agent make a definitive statement on the subject, let's be a bit judicious in our conclusions and assumptions. My only hope is that if he should move that the deal be down rather early in the summer, so that Liverpool and Rodgers have plenty of time to use the money raised effectively and efficiently in strengthening the team... if this drags on too long all first choice targets could be unavailable.

An unedited English transcript of his interview yesterday:
Spoiler:
Make of that what you will.

P.S. It is never, EVER acceptable to burn a kit. The name on the back doesn't matter, the crest on the chest and eternal flame DO.

Last edited by RedOranje on Fri May 31, 2013 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos; Image Error; New Info)

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri May 31, 2013 10:01 pm

I will be making no further comments on this (in the General Section) until something there is a substantial and legitimate development in the situation (i.e. not Marca-reported or originating from any other rag given they've already had Suarez agree terms with Madrid, then talk with them, then state he wants to leave and would be open to Madrid all in that order and in the space of a week and a half).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri May 31, 2013 10:45 pm

RedOranje wrote:Alright folks, there's a lot of different quotes and (mis)information floating around re:Suarez at the moment so let's all cool our jets and get a good grip on the situation before jumping to any absurd conclusions.

First off, Suarez has not said that he "wants to leave" or any direct variation thereof as SkySports and several other news sources have reported today. They are taking a very creative translation and interpretation of the interview he gave yesterday that Echo had already covered. I have read the full transcript in original Spanish as well as in an accurate English translation (available below in spoilers). He DOES state that a change would not be bad this summer, but only in response to a direct question on that exact turn of phrase. It is clear that he is open and even wants a move to Spain this summer, but it is also clear from his quotes that he would be happy to stay at Liverpool and would give his all next season.

Funnily enough, even Florentino Perez's quotes have not escaped this little bit of creative interpretation. He said, "Suarez is a great player and I am sure all in the world would want him. I like him and others too, but it does not always fit." The first part has received plenty of attention and fuels much of the discussion about Madrid's interest, however a key part is mostly ignored (and at times even edited out altogether). "But it does not always fit" deserves some consideration as it suggests that while Perez himself admires Suarez's ability he may not believe that Suarez fits into Madrid on/off the pitch, or may defer to whichever manager eventually arrives. Madrid's supposed move for Luis may never materialize simply because they have other targets.

Also clear is that his motivations are not ENTIRELY related to the media as he claims. We [Liverpool] have not been in or even close to the CL during his time with us and we are not in European competition at all next season. Further, clubs such as Madrid and Barcelona could and would offer him a significant wage increase should either be interested in securing his services. Both of these issues clearly play a significant role in his current stance. That said, the English media, and by extension a notable portion of the British public HAS been on a bit of a witch hunt at times. Yes, he's brought much of the negative attention upon himself but there is simply no justification for:
Spoiler:

The sensationalism and double standards are clear for all to see. However, as with any group English journalists and media have circled the wagons in response to Suarez's criticisms. It is as natural a reaction as it is frustrating. Even journalists who criticized their colleagues for the headlines and reports at the time of the event have suddenly changed their opinion and jumped on the "Suarez is using us as an excuse and was never misrepresented or defamed by any British media; we're the victims here!" bandwagon... and they have been very effective at pushing that agenda/message, so far.

It is plenty clear that Luis Suarez would welcome a move away from England this summer and that his motives are not as clear cut as he suggests. However, things are not as cut and dry as the media would make it seem, nor is Suarez victimizing them so much as they claim. He may well move this summer... he may also not. The outcome is not yet decided however, and the situation is still quite fluid. There are multiple agendas at play and Suarez's is only one of the factors in the eventual outcome.

I maintain that while Suarez does seem to prefer a move abroad, he would not be upset at another season with Liverpool. As things stand it seems unlikely that he will hand in a transfer request, though with his continuing consideration there's always the chance that this could change. This leaves the impetus on deciding his future to the clubs involved (Liverpool & Madrid or any other interested). For Liverpool he is an integral player: he is perhaps the most recognizable face off the pitch due to his (bad) publicity and is a massive, massive influence on it. The price of any player is decided by his importance to the club selling. It's up to Madrid to meet that price, be it the rumoured buy-out clause or simply Liverpool's "too good to refuse" bar. Should Suarez be allowed to leave, it will almost certainly be for more than the Torres valuation... i.e. more than £50m. Only time will tell whether this happens and until such a time as it is decided, or the player/his agent make a definitive statement on the subject, let's be a bit judicious in our conclusions and assumptions. My only hope is that if he should move that the deal be down rather early in the summer, so that Liverpool and Rodgers have plenty of time to use the money raised effectively and efficiently in strengthening the team... if this drags on too long all first choice targets could be unavailable.

A very good clarification of the situation. The interview sounds nothing like what the media have been reporting. I do think he is tired of the off what's happening on the non football front and perhaps the main factor in his willingness to seek a new environment.

Still think he can be persuaded to stay as he looks like a player who loves liverpool but won't be surprised if he does move to Madrid or somewhere

Last edited by RedOranje on Fri May 31, 2013 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos; Image error)
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri May 31, 2013 10:57 pm

Thank you Red. That's as good of a clarification of the situation as you could find on the web.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:29 am

I think he will stay, Madrid will go for Bale instead.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:38 am

Great post Red.

I wouldn't take what Flo is saying too seriously just yet since he's still not won the elections. I do agree he might not pull the trigger on Suarez though, especially if we manage to land someone else.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:29 am

Abramovich wrote:
Harry Redknapp wrote:why am I so calm over this Laughing , I've totally lost my sensiitivity about football after the Torres saga.

Anyways, if he goes (and we get good money for him), I'll wish him the best of luck. Zero ill feelings towards him, he is a great professional and deserves to play at highest level.

rofl

He really is.

He works hard in practice, doesn't get drunk at night clubs, and gives it his all every game. What more can you expect from him?

The racism row is BS. If you actually read what happened evra milked it completely. Things are said in the games during the heat of the moment. Plus, for god fking sake, suarez is part black himself :facepalm: wtf are people still on about?

The biting thing was weird. but people have done much worse then this.

The punch he did was because the other player was literally molesting him.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:47 pm

Why doesn't he call a spade a spade and say the real reason he wants to leave is to play CL football.

Anyways....if he goes, good riddance. I hope it's to Russia so I don't have to see this despicable **** again.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:14 pm

HAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH ROFL rofl

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:46 pm

lol wtf xD
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:29 pm

lmao suarez is such a troll
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:34 pm

You know Wenger is having a bad window when he gets outbid for his transfer targets by an office building
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:41 pm

Calm down son, wasn't that funny silent .
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:45 pm

Since the other thread is locked

Luiz Suarez - Page 22 BRQbeOSCYAABD3d
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:49 pm

McAgger wrote:Since the other thread is locked

rofl
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:50 pm

He's just signing autographs...
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:50 pm

Will Liverpool fans really accept him after his comments?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:51 pm

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:He's just signing autographs...
He usually never does that after training. Always drives off while guys like Lucas, Agger, Gerrard stop and sign autographs regularly.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:53 pm

McAgger wrote:
He usually never does that after training. Always drives off while guys like Lucas, Agger, Gerrard stop and sign autographs regularly.
Wow he's more of a c*ntbag than i thought Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:54 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Will Liverpool fans really accept him after his comments?
Some will welcome him back with his first important goal. Others won't accept him back no matter what happens. Most will accept that he's needed if the club wish to push for a top 4 place and support him as a Liverpool player and member of the team, if not as an individual, until next summer when he's moved on.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:55 pm

Pretty sure there have been many many images of him signing autographs and getting pictures with fans before/after training and practice sessions. The suggestion here is that he wouldn't be doing so if he was still expecting a move away this window as there would be no point.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:56 pm

McAgger wrote:
I find that hard to believe but if you say so.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:58 pm

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:
McAgger wrote:
I find that hard to believe but if you say so.
Usually is the key word. He does it once in a blue moon but not as regularly as it's expected of a player whom the fans adored so much. Which is why it's kind of funny that he does it now right after such a controversy. So like Red said, the suggestion is that Suarez has accepted that he won't be leaving and is trying to mend his relationship back with the fans.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:06 pm

So Suarez thinks signing a few autographs will help his image out?Come on now..The way i see it he is just signing autographs.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:18 am

The argument is "why sign autographs for a club/fans that you will soon be leaving."

Make of it what you will.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:36 am

McAgger wrote:Since the other thread is locked

i had always thought that suarez has -100 sense, but surely it is much more closer to 0, like -1 or -2 maybe

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 35 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 35  Next