adnyana179
McAgger
The Madrid One
estrella bernabeu
Babun
71 posters

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

El Clasico at Santiago Bernabeu - Page 12 Empty Re: El Clasico at Santiago Bernabeu

Post by Funkentelechy Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:26 pm

My guess:

--------------------------- Iker --------------------------------
Lass -------- Pepe ---------- Ramos ---------- Coentrão
---------------- Khedira --------------- Alonso ------------
-------------------------- Ozil --------------------------------
Di Maria ------------ Benz -------------------------- CR7

You've read it here first :lucas:

Funkentelechy
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

El Clasico at Santiago Bernabeu - Page 12 Empty Re: El Clasico at Santiago Bernabeu

Post by Zealous Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:26 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:
Adit wrote:Marcelo's lack of awareness defensively , failing to spot a run constantly,getting out of position,Going for sliding tackle at the wrong moment and willingness to track back might become a big problem for us as showed in last clasicos.What ever he makes up for it by his offensive display will not be enough against Barcelona. Sleep

That is why we must play a trivote AND Coentrao must play on the left hand side of the trivote to cover the space Marcelo leaves when he bombs forward or is not paying attention. This way both of them can operate in the same system and our left side will be as strong defensively as the right side.

-----------Casillas
Lass-----Pepe---Ramos---Marcelo
-------------Xabi
-----Khedira-------Coentrao
Di Maria-----Benzema-----Ronaldo

I would prefer Arbeloa to Lass at RB but I don't know about his current physical condition.

If we play Trivote, this is undoubtedly the best line-up at this point in the season.

Any formation that includes Coentrao is not our best line up.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:27 pm

estrella bernabeu wrote:
Zealous wrote:He did the same thing last year.
Never in La Liga clasicos. That event was in the CL. Right ?
I liked how he sat looking at the journalists :facepalm: Marca and AS, in 1st row, deserved it

It was in the league bro.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:34 pm

If Corentrao does not play here.....then signing him was completely pointless.

I'm convinced he'll either sub on or Start
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkentelechy Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:04 pm

Coentrão at LB, ok.

Coentrão playing in midfield against Barça = Clubber
Funkentelechy
Funkentelechy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Hamburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:08 pm

Funkentelechy wrote:Coentrão at LB, ok.

Coentrão playing in midfield against Barça = Clubber

My sentiments exactly.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:12 pm

I would rather have Coentrao at LB than Marcelo btw

Marcelo becomes such a liability when we doesnt have the ball and Barca will take atleast 60 % possession.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:14 pm

Karanka is using the 433 as a decoy. You heard it here first. Smile
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:16 pm

Zealous wrote:
Giovanni10 wrote:
Adit wrote:Marcelo's lack of awareness defensively , failing to spot a run constantly,getting out of position,Going for sliding tackle at the wrong moment and willingness to track back might become a big problem for us as showed in last clasicos.What ever he makes up for it by his offensive display will not be enough against Barcelona. Sleep

That is why we must play a trivote AND Coentrao must play on the left hand side of the trivote to cover the space Marcelo leaves when he bombs forward or is not paying attention. This way both of them can operate in the same system and our left side will be as strong defensively as the right side.

-----------Casillas
Lass-----Pepe---Ramos---Marcelo
-------------Xabi
-----Khedira-------Coentrao
Di Maria-----Benzema-----Ronaldo

I would prefer Arbeloa to Lass at RB but I don't know about his current physical condition.

If we play Trivote, this is undoubtedly the best line-up at this point in the season.

Any formation that includes Coentrao is not our best line up.

Coentrao in a trivote is a purpose-built scenario which caters perfectly to our needs against Barca. If I were Mou I would run this formation.

Look Ozil is great Zealous but he is not going to be as effective in attack in el Clasico AS Coentrao can be effective in attack and defense. Ozil is a luxury in this kind of a game and Coentrao is the sensible choice.

Furthermore, I don't know if we can edge the possession stat (I doubt it) which mean Ozil is just going to be burning himself trying to cover space and plug holes when we already know his stamina is questionable.

Coentrao will attack with purpose, plug any and all defensive holes on the left side and he could probably do this running at full tilt for 2 hours if necessary. My only concern is that Coentrao would have to be disciplined and stay predominantly on the left hand side of the pitch; and if he drift central, to not go too far over to the right. He listens well, so if he is instructed to do that then I'm sure he won't.

Look I don't think Mou would play a Khedira - Xabi - Coentrao trivote but happen to think its a viable option that is unjustly ignored. Smile
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:22 pm

Are you sure you've been watching Coentrao this season? He's done nothing to make me think he can put in a master-class against Barca like you're suggesting he can. Unless he has been saving for tomorrow I've seen nothing to suggest that he will improve our defence, attack or flow of our game.

If anything he hinders it because he isn't on the same wavelength as everyone other than Pepe and Ronaldo.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:28 pm

Adit wrote:I would rather have Coentrao at LB than Marcelo btw

Marcelo becomes such a liability when we doesnt have the ball and Barca will take atleast 60 % possession.

Marcelo > Coentrao at LB in my opinion. His defending when off the ball has significantly improved under Mou. Also I think he's faster than the vegetable thief.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:38 pm

I don't agree with all this talk about Coentrao. Marcelo is better simply put and Coentrao is the reserve. He will start at RB if Arbeloa can't go.

The line-up will be Iker
Arbeloa Pepe Ramos Marcelo
Khedira Ozil Alonso
Di Maria Benz CR7

1st half will be us pressing and hopefully taking the lead.
2nd half we will go more defensive with Lass likely replacing Ozil and likely Higgy replacing Benz. A lot of this depends on how successful we are with the pressing tactics.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:39 pm

Marcelo was truly horrendous before at defending, Drenthe's level, so saying that he has improved doesnt mean much. He still has lapses, although, for the game coming, he will likely, i expect him to play very focused.

But as far as defending goes, no doubt Coentrao is better, i think majority of people can agree to that. From his time with portugal to the NT, he has shown it.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:42 pm

@Bill, Mourinho already made it clear that Lass is starting, forget about Arbeloa, he is injured.

Marcelo starting suggests that the other players in defense will be particularly defensive. the inverted RB is an option, and Coentrao can definitely defend, but imo, starting Lass is a safe bet, he is immense in defense.

Also, Coentrao playing the full 90 in amsterdam doesnt speak well of a starting spot. I know he has crazy lungs, but whoever played the full 90 against Ajax isnt starting in my opinion, so no Higuain, no coentrao

i expect

-------casillas
lass pepe ramos
khedira xabi marcelo
di maria ozil ronaldo
------benzema

Last edited by St_Nick09_of_Goal on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:43 pm

hrealmadrid wrote:
Adit wrote:I would rather have Coentrao at LB than Marcelo btw

Marcelo > Coentrao at LB in my opinion. His defending when off the ball has significantly improved under Mou. Also I think he's faster than the vegetable thief.

I have to disagree with the part about Corentrao being slower...

Anyway I wanna make it clear......I don't want Corentrao starting in midfield certainly........and I don't really want him starting at all.

If he needs to start....he can start at Left back and we can use marcelo in the trivote............but even that I'm not really in favor of.

What I am in favor of is bringing him in at some point......especially if we're winning.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:56 pm

a 4-3-3 huh... now i am not so confident. The last time i seen khedira play in a trivote the guy did average for a bit then looked lost, not knowing wut to do.
I dunno whether arbeloa can make it or not since he is included, but i hope he does as in a 4-3-3, lass in midfield is a must. im more concerned about alonso sent off before i am of lass. as of late that guy has taken over lass's pendant for picking up yellows. all the more reason for lass to be in midfield as i dont khedira in a trivote.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:00 pm

Oh no please

Coentrao is far better defender than Marcelo.
Marcelo almost always struggles against skill full players.His defending has improved but from which level? from atrocious to decent.

Imo he still cant pick his players runs.

After the first clasico Villa never scored from the left wing (except that wonder strike in cup) while Pedro and afellay destroyed Marcelo. Coincidence? i beg to differ.

Problem is marcelo harms our defense more than he offers in attack against Barcelona..and thats a fact.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:12 pm

For a game like this one, you are going to rely on intangibles and chemistry as much as you can. the 4231 is by far our best formation with the guys being accustomed to pressing, defending and attacking as a group. You want to rely on things that you know your team can do, and your players feel the most comfortable doing.

If Mourinho wants to "play" and go for a result, then sticking to what we have worked so hard to accomplish with that group and formation is the best thing to do. Not to say that other guys cant play in that system, but if you put Coentrao in the middle, as opposed to LB or arguably RB, you throw off the chemistry. Khedira and Alonso also have excellent balance in the midfield i think, and knowing that both will start, Lass is the safest bet for RB, not coentrao imo.

If Mou wants to keep his 6pts lead, then he can go for the tactics he used against Valencia, but then, all bets are off imo. Impossible to predict, parking the bus is not an exact science, and things will be x10 worse if he happens to lose. With the kind of cushion we have, attacking and losing wont be that bad if we play exceptionally, and the whole Madrid nation is begging for it.

Also, we have heard about the players rising up to Mourinho and forcing him to play attacking because that's how they wanted play. I dont think anyone is going in that clasico to sit back again and watch barca put the bernabeu to sleep. They have pride as well, and if Mou asks then to burn themselves for 90 min for the win, they will do it. He rested everyone for that, bar Benzema who wont finish the game, and he had intended Ozil to play as well, because he wont finish the game as well.

Coentrao on the bench is also a tactical weapon, i keep that in mind. You have Kaka and Higuain as offensive subs, you have a guy like Coentrao who brings you balance, and Arguably Sahin because he presses a lot, and you have Varane (or Albiol) in defense.

again, my starting
Casillas
Lass Pepe Ramos Nutmeg
Khedira Alonso
di Maria Ozil Ronaldo
Benzema
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:21 pm

I don't know if it has been discussed yet this time around, but whatever happened to the Pepe at DM scenario? Has Mou finally put that idea to rest now?
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:26 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:I don't know if it has been discussed yet this time around, but whatever happened to the Pepe at DM scenario? Has Mou finally put that idea to rest now?

Thought about it, but if Pepe played DM we would have to play Albiol at CB...........thanks but no thanks.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:37 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
Giovanni10 wrote:I don't know if it has been discussed yet this time around, but whatever happened to the Pepe at DM scenario? Has Mou finally put that idea to rest now?

Thought about it, but if Pepe played DM we would have to play Albiol at CB...........thanks but no thanks.

Indeed, we don't want Albitroll anywhere near the first team for el Clasico. (or any other game for that matter)

Albiol reminds me of, in a period of our dominance over Barca, that they would always play Oleguer Presas and he would most assuredly cost them the game every time.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by estrella bernabeu Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:38 pm

Where is Sportsczy :?:
estrella bernabeu
estrella bernabeu
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:41 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:

Indeed, we don't want Albitroll anywhere near the first team for el Clasico. (or any other game for that matter)

Albiol reminds me of, in a period of our dominance over Barca, that they would always play Oleguer Presas and he would most assuredly cost them the game every time.

Would you play Pepe if Carvalho was fit?
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:45 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Karanka:" we will play a 433"

"Vamos a jugar a ganar con un 4-3-3, con Cristiano y Di María en bandas y Benzema o Higuaín. En el centro del campo está Mesut (Özil), Kaká, Khedira, Alonso... hay varias opciones y eso es lo importante

"We will play to win with a 433, with Cristiano and Di Maria on the wings, and Higuain or Benzema. In the middle, Ozil, Kaka, Khedira, Alonso... there are many options, and that's the most important."

Hey Nick09, u seem to know ur stuff Very Happy So is this official? Where did Karanka say it?

EarlyPrototype wrote:

Laughing Pepe did well in the game in the DM role, too bead Cavalho is injured, otherwise he may be able to play there again Twisted Evil

And the dicussions of 4-3-3 with Ozil in is actually quite ridiculous, its just the standard 4-2-3-1 really except Ozil and Di Maria may be asked to sit back more when Real dont have the ball?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:47 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
Giovanni10 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:

I would play Pepe @ DM if Carvalho hopped into a time-machine and set the clocks back to 2006 Laughing
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:50 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Giovanni10 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:

I would play Pepe @ DM if Carvalho hopped into a time-machine and set the clocks back to 2006 Laughing

HAha fully agree Giovanni10 Very Happy And u really know ur stuff also, Olequer used to be crap for us, our defense improved after he was left out Razz

Giovanni though reminds me of the Barca no. 10 Brazilian Giovanni...him, Sonny Anderson and Rivaldo used to make Hierro look at like a clumsy old tree trunk Twisted Evil
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next