The attendance is shocking in the Udinese-Roma game - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The attendance is shocking in the Udinese-Roma game

+17
montoneboy
chaval
leemhuis
Moffo
zarola
Swanhends
justdoit_
JAY-Z
Luca
andiii
Eivindo
viepr149
chinomaster182
lenear1030
Art Morte
Ganso
Dnmac4
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The attendance is shocking in the Udinese-Roma game - Page 2 Empty Re: The attendance is shocking in the Udinese-Roma game

Post by Art Morte Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:46 am

montoneboy wrote:
Meanwhile , di natale , possible the worlds most underrated striker?

He's in his last years of playing, that's why there's not much talk or hype about him.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

The attendance is shocking in the Udinese-Roma game - Page 2 Empty Re: The attendance is shocking in the Udinese-Roma game

Post by spanky Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:53 am

i think its mostly because udine is the furthest serie a club from roma, its really far to drive there, like a 12 hour drive.

edit: there and back of course

Last edited by spanky489 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:56 am

leemhuis wrote:Udine has a population of 99,000. Cologne has a population of over 1 million. Sheesh, if ten percent of Udine's went to the stadium it would only be 9,000 people.
Kaiserslautern has the same population as Udine (99,184 in 2010) and their stadium was filled with an average of 35,389 people even in 2009/10 when they were still in the 2nd Bundesliga. Now in the (1st) Bundesliga they have an average of 46,398 people, so that is no argument.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:40 pm

tbh its not only serie a but spain has got the same problem

heck villarreal prior to this season was the second least attended team in the league with only getafe being lower than them

its pathetic if you ask me, if they cant sufficiently fill their 50-70k stadiums with even half of it they better make the stadium smaller with at most half of that, and then lower ticket prices, thats the only way i could see people going to games tbh
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:26 pm

I'm sorry but there was not 15,000 people in the stands yesterday. Maybe they sold 15,000 tickets but I would bet my right arm no more then 7000-9000 people were there.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:29 pm

it might look like that to you dnmac4

it has happened to me as well, where i think there arent more than 30k watching our(madrid) game, yet it comes out that close to 70k are watching it

i think its due to how big the stadium is and how far apart people are sitting
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:38 pm

Well it's a 40,000 person stadium and I can tell you that 1/4 of it was not full, not even close.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm used to looking at MLS games and attendence figures as they are usually shocking and playing in big football stadiums and yesterday just looked "wrong" for lack of a better word.

I mean it jumped out at you if you watched the game for just a couple of minutes. It's a shame too because it was a great game for Udinese.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:46 pm

rwo power wrote:
leemhuis wrote:Udine has a population of 99,000. Cologne has a population of over 1 million. Sheesh, if ten percent of Udine's went to the stadium it would only be 9,000 people.
Kaiserslautern has the same population as Udine (99,184 in 2010) and their stadium was filled with an average of 35,389 people even in 2009/10 when they were still in the 2nd Bundesliga. Now in the (1st) Bundesliga they have an average of 46,398 people, so that is no argument.

Kaiserslauten is in industrial high population area of Germany (less 1 hour from Frankfurt, one half hour to Mannhein and Luxembourg). Udine is a isolated town in middle of very under populated Friuli area. I wonce went to see Udine-Milan with some Italians freind. There is nothing aroun the town but farmings or forest for many 100 kilometers. It is much different sitution.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:32 pm

On the other hand, in Frankfurt etc you have other clubs that usually have their own following and there will not be too many people from such towns going to Kaiserslautern (in fact, there are usually rivalries between cities close by). Talking of rivalries - the BVB won the Rheinderby against Schalke 2:0. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:21 pm

rwo power wrote:On the other hand, in Frankfurt etc you have other clubs that usually have their own following and there will not be too many people from such towns going to Kaiserslautern (in fact, there are usually rivalries between cities close by). Talking of rivalries - the BVB won the Rheinderby against Schalke 2:0. ^^

On the other hand there is large population around Kaiserslauten and suburb areas like around Delft which is less than one hour from Amsterdam. When Vitesse is in top division it get small percentage of people from all around millions of population and have gud number of spectators. Udine is very different isolated town.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:53 pm

17000 attendance

dnmac4 wrote:I'm sorry but there was not 15,000 people in the stands yesterday. Maybe they sold 15,000 tickets but I would bet my right arm no more then 7000-9000 people were there.

Best view you could get of the stadium. Some parts of it are blocked off for security reasons. The right hand curva is very empty, while the middle and left hand curva are pretty full. Also, the side on which the camera is on is usually pretty full too because it's the tribuna. That being said, the attendance was still unimpressive, but it's not as bad as it seems when you look at it.

PS- Udinese's attendance numbers have never been that impressive, even last year when they were fighting for Champions League. Unfortunate.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2