Should AVB try out the Younger Chelsea Players? - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Should AVB try out the Younger Chelsea Players?

+16
Sir Psycho
kiranr
Le Samourai
The Franchise
SUPERCARTTS
Khaled
Mr Nick09
che
Abramovich
El Chelsea Fuerte
Vibe
Arsenalfaithfull
Sushi Master
Iceman
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Gil
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Should AVB try out the Younger Chelsea Players? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should AVB try out the Younger Chelsea Players?

Post by Le Samourai Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:22 pm

1. Move Luiz to Defensive midfield.

2.If he's going to continue with his system , drop Ramires and play Meireles.

3.Play Alex.

4.Play Torres as a SS to let him get more involved.

5.Play Kalou more.

6.Give Mceachran and Romeu more minutes.

7.Give Anelka a shot at his preferred CF position.

@Franchise....Busquets was a bit rushed,but it worked out.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Should AVB try out the Younger Chelsea Players? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should AVB try out the Younger Chelsea Players?

Post by The Franchise Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:32 pm

I think Busi was premature only in that he wasnt better then the player he was playing ahead of (Yaya) but in terms of was he ever out of his depth, then no I dont think so.

Your 7 points are intresting btw, I dont agree with a few but others I do.

If Luiz was to move to DM, I would consider Ivanovic for CB aswell as Alex. Ivanovic is that bit more mobile.

I dont know about dropping Ramires, because he plays well and while he isnt technically super, neither was Guarin. Just got to ensure the guys around him are ball players.

I wouldnt play Torres as second striker, firstly because I think Chelsea look better in a 4231 with Mata as a 10. Therefore no second striker. Also Torres best attribute is still making runs and his worst is on the ball. Second striker would show that even more. I understand getting him more involved, but I dont think this is the way.

Kalou is only useful as sub from what I see, everytime he starts he does nothing. But as a impact sub he looks a threat.

Anelka doesnt want to run in behind anymore, I wouldnt want him as a CF. He complained about doing it for France I believe plus it isnt his game anymore. Mata would become restricted with this.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:03 am

@Franchise.

The question of whether or not he should play Ramires is an open one IMO.I've seen it time and time again, where the fact that the entire system is broken makes guys who run and work like Ramires look like fantastic players....but no progress will ever be made while they're still there.

Admittedly I didn't watch that much of Guarin but two standout cases IMO have been those of Lass at RM and Felipe Melo .

Ramires is a bottleneck that restricts the entire system they try to execute.That may be a bit harsh on him because at the end of the day he's doing his job....but in a system based team...sometimes doing your job isn't more important than being suited to/adapted to the system.

Anelka used to be one of the better run makers in the leauge at the pinnacle of Chelsea's form.Both his diagonal and direct runs completely freed up Drogba when Chelsea were at their peak.

Perhaps Torres can do the same? It's a lottery honestly but it's time to shake things up.I was honestly thinking that Anelka could do the same for Torres.Maybe Anelka as SS?

Kalou ATM isn't even being used as a sub.

Mata has an insane workload.He is expected to make almost every decisive pass for them.....it get's predictable.Torres is capable of making a decisive pass here and there , so is McEachran...so they need to be put into positions where they can help out.

The 4-2-3-1 you propose is really a 4-2-1-3 which isn't feasilbe.Unless you're for sticking with Malouda on the left which I am against...

I would like to see something like this

....................Cech...............
Ivanovic....Alex....Terry.....Cole
................Luiz................
.....Meireles....Lampard/McEachran
...............Mata(Free Role)........
..Anelka?/Sturridge.................
............................Torres.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:05 am

Well, then the solution seems to be to buy a center forward striker in January. Someone who has the ability to run behind defenses.

How about Roman put a bid for Higuain? Wishful thinking?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:11 am

ragbirjosh wrote:

Your formation does not suit AVB's preferred playing style. Where is the width in there? This would be perfect if Chelsea were to sit back and launch quick counters, but not for the style AVB wants.

A winger to replace Malouda is a must. A new striker is also very important. AVB needs to instill a lot of tactical discipline into this side and that is going to take time because they are not used to this style of play.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:56 am

Yes.

Go ahead play Romeu more, I like his game and still hope one day he can come back and compete w/ Segi Busq.

Should AVB try out the Younger Chelsea Players? - Page 2 Annie+Eaves+column+Barcelona+DNA

Barca DNA.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:58 am

ragbirjosh wrote:@Franchise.

The question of whether or not he should play Ramires is an open one IMO.I've seen it time and time again, where the fact that the entire system is broken makes guys who run and work like Ramires look like fantastic players....but no progress will ever be made while they're still there.

Admittedly I didn't watch that much of Guarin but two standout cases IMO have been those of Lass at RM and Felipe Melo .

Ramires is a bottleneck that restricts the entire system they try to execute.That may be a bit harsh on him because at the end of the day he's doing his job....but in a system based team...sometimes doing your job isn't more important than being suited to/adapted to the system.

Anelka used to be one of the better run makers in the leauge at the pinnacle of Chelsea's form.Both his diagonal and direct runs completely freed up Drogba when Chelsea were at their peak.

Perhaps Torres can do the same? It's a lottery honestly but it's time to shake things up.I was honestly thinking that Anelka could do the same for Torres.Maybe Anelka as SS?

Kalou ATM isn't even being used as a sub.

Mata has an insane workload.He is expected to make almost every decisive pass for them.....it get's predictable.Torres is capable of making a decisive pass here and there , so is McEachran...so they need to be put into positions where they can help out.

The 4-2-3-1 you propose is really a 4-2-1-3 which isn't feasilbe.Unless you're for sticking with Malouda on the left which I am against...

Certaintly dont disagree about Ramieres, I understand your view better now. I agree.

As for Anelka, he seems to have lost the desire to make runs. He doesnt want to do that anymore it seems like. Yes Torres can make those runs, but you cant play both at the same time.

I think 4231 is the way to go, but yes, Malouda isnt the guy for the left. Which I think can be fixed in Jan.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:46 am

They should have bought Modric.They never replaced Ballack and you need a world class creative midfielder to playmake.He would have been perfect.
Now Chelsea are stuck with bodybuilders in the middle of the park and a past it Lampard who still thinks his primary job is to score goals and not playmake form the middle.
Mikel is just useless.They need to drop him but who to play.Romeu might not be ready.Then there is Merreiles.Granted he is not a DM but he is surely better than the worthless Mikel.
Ramires too needs to be dropped but the thing is nobody can come off the bench.McEachran doesnt have AVB's trust.
Wingers are also a real worry.Mata has a lot of the creative responsibility and so plays in the centre.
This leaves the past it Malouda and a still green Sturridge.

Roman needs to splash the cash in Jan.Another bid for Modric and a quality wing forward.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:32 am

Iceman

Loaning is not necessary to bring up a player, yes, but it's always the best thing to do. Jumping from the Academy and the Reserves to first team football is a very big jump and most importantly the players are not used to the atmosphere, expectations, tactics (which you can only learn from playing), playing important games, etc. Those factors are extremely important and therefore loaning them helps them experience all of the above. It is a risk to play a 17/18 year old in games that actually matters when all he has ever played is meaningless games in the crap Reserves League. However, on loans, even if they are at an average team, they experience everything I mentioned above and it really helps them grow as a player. It also is a good place to see if the player is any good because performing well regularly in big leagues is ultimately what will prepare them for playing at top level, even though playing at a top club would end up being another tough step for the player.

Chelsea's new policy with youngsters from what I have seen has been to loan them so that they would be 'ready made' once they are back. And it is currently working to great extend, for example both CB's Bruma and Kalas are regular starters for their teams, who use a system that is similar to ours, aka press and defend with a high line. If we had integrated them straight into the team (Kalas is exactly the same age as McEachran) then how would they have survived, especially seeing how crap our defense has been this season? Without any experience of the high line and playing at the PL would have meant that they would have been torn apart with everyone calling them crap and that wouldn't have helped them develop and in fact they would have been dropped and sold and there goes their careers. You list examples of players that have made it directly to the first team, but I would bet you anything that there would be more examples of players that went on loan first and then made it in the first team. It's all up to the manager and the club really, but whatever process you take ultimately would give you the same result if the player is good enough. I would argue that loaning them first probably has a higher chance of them succeeding, though.

Now on McEachran. There is no doubt that he has been harshly treated. People can't say it's because Villas-Boas doesn't believe in youngsters though, because he has continually played Sturridge this season (even though he was acting like a poacher on the wings for some reason which wasn't really helping us, but yesterday he suddenly changed and was making wonder passes and at the heart of our moves Laughing) and has given Romeu a decent amount of games (which will probably see him with more than 20 appearances by the end of the season). However, Villas-Boas has given a reason for that (which Carlo would never do) and said that it's because he doesn't have the experience others around him have. Now whether you want to disagree or agree with that is up to you, but in my opinion it makes sense and is also probably what other top managers around the world think too (except Wenger). I was not aware that the loan transfer deadline was up to today, I thought it ended when the buy/sell market was done. Even when I read blogs and stuff they always talk about him being loaned in January...maybe it's for the Championship and lower leagues? It's not like Villas-Boas doesn't want to loan him or that he wants him to rot on the bench though obviously; every top youngster has been sent on loan. Maybe he wanted to keep him here for some reason? Anyways, whatever the case may be, in around a month McEachran would go and get the playing time he deserves. In the beginning of the season McEachran said that Villas-Boas told him that he would play him at the CC and in January he would decide whether to go or not. It's not like he has reached his prime years and won't be able to develop, he's just 18 and has plenty of time.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:03 am

ragbirjosh wrote:1. Move Luiz to Defensive midfield.

2.If he's going to continue with his system , drop Ramires and play Meireles.

3.Play Alex.

4.Play Torres as a SS to let him get more involved.

5.Play Kalou more.

6.Give Mceachran and Romeu more minutes.

7.Give Anelka a shot at his preferred CF position.

Playing Luiz and DM and having Alex and Terry partner each other would make things 10 times worst. First you are playing Luiz at an unfamiliar position, and second you are decreasing the pace between the two CB's even more which would make it even easier for players to run behind them. Playing Torres at SS would never work, see the time when we tried to play Drogba and Torres together. He has to be the focal point of the attack. Also, no offense but the 5th point made me lol Very Happy. Kalou has simply been shit and nowadays it's a big risk to even calling him up as a sub. His days as a super sub are over and he's trash for us now. Your sixth point could help, but the seventh point won't really help because Anelka has been awful in front of goal this season and he tends to drop back often.

The Franchise wrote:They wont solve anything, but they have more flexibilty and havent devolped habits that are hurting AVB´s ideas like some of the older guys have.

This is so true. Sure Villas-Boas's tactics are hurting some of the players that have been here since Mou, but IMO our youngsters would do very well in the high line and if we train them about it from the beginning, then we can have them master it. This is probably the reason why we brought Villas-Boas in now. Right now we have youngsters close to be ready to break into the starting 11 and if we can continue developing this new sexy style, for the next decade or so that's exactly what we would be playing since that's all they have seen. However, for the time being something has to change...

SUPERCARTTS wrote:The problem stems deeper than bringing through some young blood.

Which is?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chaval Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:20 am

Sure why not, for the sake of flexibility.Give some opportunities to younger players. Than wont solve everything tho.

Id also like to see Anelka & Kalou play a bit more
chaval
chaval
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:56 am

Last time a team used lot of youngsters in first 11 they got 8-2 d in an important match.They went and brought number of 25+ guys and they looks better now.Youngsters arent the solution to overcome crisis in a immediate effect.It may worth in long run but its too much of a risk program.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:01 am

Adit wrote:It may worth in long run but its too much of a risk program.

Well you need to promote youngsters if you want to survive especially now with FFP Except if you're Madrid

I don't see how it's a risk program, it can only benefit you.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:11 am

I dont think a team like chelsea can survive the pressure with youngsters.You can play kids when you are winning comfortably but chelsea arent doing it.Also what are the chances it will not end in a 8-2? Even wenger realized youngsters arent everything Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:18 am

Adit wrote:I dont think a team like chelsea can survive the pressure with youngsters.You can play kids when you are winning comfortably but chelsea arent doing it.Also what are the chances it will not end in a 8-2? Even wenger realized youngsters arent everything Laughing

Well obviously it's stupid to play youngsters who have no game experience. I mean it's all good that a player is bossing your Academy or reserves but the outside world is very different, which is why loaning them is a great option and is pretty much risk-free for you. The only thing that can happen is that you'll get a much improved, somewhat experienced player who'd be better off adjusting to the pressure. However, don't make it sound like playing with youngsters will always get you a bad result...it's all about how you manage to bring them up.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:12 pm

Team v Wolves: Cech; Ivan, D Luiz, JT (c), Cole; Ram, Romeu, Meir; Sturr, Drog, Mata. - subs: Turn, Bos, Mik, Lamps, Mal, Kal, Torres.

Romeu :bow:

Josh not even on the bench. Sad

Drogba starting again. :facepalm:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:33 pm

Torres on the bench banana
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:40 pm

^ He is resting him for CC game vs us

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:53 pm

Whos the chick in your sig Sepi?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:52 pm

Romeu :bow:

Mata :bow:

Sturridge :bow:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:03 pm

Its Wolves ffs.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:38 pm

the_gooner wrote:Its Wolves ffs.

What's your point?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2