arabprince
IrasMaldinista
Superpeppe
Milantildeath
McLewis
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Clear the air thread. Empty Clear the air thread.

Post by McLewis Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:45 am

So I'm sure we're all aware of what's going on here....

There's a degree of animosity here between the Milanistas and a few fans from other clubs. There have been accusations of character defamation, personal insults as well as the standard Inter-AC Milan-Juve mud-slinging.

This is what I want to say about this.

Milanistas: You guys are awesome and though I do not post a lot here, I watch this board as much as I possibly can. I do apologize for my often perceived lack of action. You guys are on the verge of receiving your very own mod from your own ranks so I do believe this shall be rectified.

Here's what I want to tell you guys though - This is definitely your forum and because this is a sanctuary for many of you, there is the tendency to say many things here that you won't often repeat someplace else. This is relatively fine depending on what's said, but you guys have to remember. You represent your club. Please try and treat members of other clubs as guests in your home, so to speak. This whole thing with Sciacca blew up because apparently someone made fun of him saying that he had no life because of his post count. My question to whoever said that (and I know who said it) is: Was that really necessary?

That little zinger caused all of this trouble. It caused Sciacca to go off the deep end and it caused CroInter to join right in. As a result, I've been forced to ban them both from posting in this section indefinitely. This is not something I wanted to do.

I did not do this because I don't like those guys...I think Sciacca's a cool cat and I think CroInter is a very funny poster. This was not personal and I hated doing it, but it had to be done because there's been far too much disruption here. I want to see less insults and more football being talked and for the most part, you guys do a fantastic job of that.

I'm gonna wrap this up by just opening up this discussion.

What are everyone's thoughts on what's going on here? What should be done? What would you like me or the new mod to do in the future? Maybe some of you think this thread is completely necessary, some of you probably think this is completely a waste of broadband.

Regardless, I want to hear some feedback on this so that we can get past this. I'll check on this thread in the morning. Good night, folks..
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Clear the air thread. Empty Re: Clear the air thread.

Post by Milantildeath Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:51 am

you did the right thing mate
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:57 am

I just don't get why we just have to go off topic.
I'm new to this forum stuff and have to say that sometimes i don't know if i'm doing it right.
I hope this clears the air.

I like to have other team fan looking at the milan room but as I look and comment at other team room it needs to be respectful.
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:01 am

Totally useless.

I hate Inter to the bones, but I'd do anything to have CroInter back.

Us Milanisti's situation with Juve is also pretty clear, so I wonder why Sciacca is Milan-banned too.

What is this? Can't we have some heat in the section?

The only thing I hate in a forum is the internal fights between fans of the same team.

What's the outcome of your decision Mc? Some so-called peace in our section?
You mean now we can all be calm, happily and mutually want Fabregas together and smile at each other like lovers do?

I don't know, I don't feel very good about banning at all, it's only erasing the question, not responding to it.

Just my opinion.

And I hate the fact that we're gonna have a mod, just saying.

But all aside, I have absolutely no doubt that McLewis means well, as I've come to know him recently, it's just that our ideas seemingly differ.

Funny that this thread is not locked, such a gentleman-like move from Mc's side...
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:33 am

As a constant lurker of this forum, (and the old one) I do notice Sciacca and crointer posting in here a lot, to the point where it comes off as them trolling. At the same time, a number of Milan fans handle the situation poorly and resort to name calling. Perhaps keeping these two posters from this section is a good idea. Even though they aren't the only ones at fault, it would solve many problems.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:33 am

block all post counts

just have the join date and thats it, problem solved

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:35 am

cyberman wrote:block all post counts

just have the join date and thats it, problem solved

That could be a solution
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:37 am

I have no comment at this time on this matter.

I consider it a closed case.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:33 am

I don't think there's any reason to ban anyone entirely, I've already written what I think in the thread where this happened:

"I go to bed and this rubbish starts again. There hasn't been a post relevant to the topic for ages now. In case you need reminding, which clearly some of you do, it's "Re: Give your favourite Milan line-up for next year".

I have absolutely no idea why such a topic would warrant discussion about any other club. Similarly, why would we be talking about any other year but the next year, not 2010, 2006, 1982, 1879 or 25BC.

Nor was this intended to be a "predict the performance of every Serie A club next season" thread.

"Line-up" is another term people seem not to be able to comprehend. It means list of players, not a list of quotes upon quotes inside comments so bereft of insight that they not only contribute nothing, but lead to conversations about the Italian National team or possible transfers for Kun Aguero for some unknown reason.

What I've said here applies generally to everyone, but now for something specific to the people from other forums... being allowed to comment in the Milan section is not a right to be abused, your comments are much appreciated when they are meaningful, however, off-topic posts are the original thread-wreckers. Nobody around here shows any sympathy for whining about provocation if you start the argument, nor should they be expected to do so.

In conclusion, thanks to everyone who has ignored this side-show and continued to write interesting and pertinent posts."

To add to this my solution would be:
1. We get a mod.
2. Any thread that trolling starts to happen in, the trollers will get 1 warning.
3. Upon the second instance of trolling, the trollers would be banned from that thread only, not the whole section.

I'm new to this forum, so do you guys think this is too harsh, too lenient or just right?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:54 am

I told sciacca and he will stay away from this section .....

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:59 am

I'd gladly take CroInter and Sciacca back. Those five pages of nonsense we had yesterday were far worse than what we'd had before and it wasn't their fault. They're relatively playful, what we don't need is a poster with a history of starting forum wars coming in and preaching. The other threads are easy to avoid if people don't go out of their way to provoke Sciacca.

Just follow one simple rule on that note: If your post relates to Sciacca and nothing else, delete it and try again.

I appreciate that what you're doing is possibly a good idea, however I'd reinstate their posting rights at some point in the future, though if you're concerned that threads are going off-topic because we have so little to discuss in the transfer season I'm sure they'd understand if they're let back in when there is football to discuss rather than endless rumours.

@Forza Rossoneri: If the 'trolling' was simply a personal argument which got out of hand and not open provocation then removing the poster from the thread only is a good idea. If they're clearly out to annoy our section we should banish them though.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:07 am

This thing first has to cool down ....than everything will be good ...
but if some1 targets sciacca or writes about him WHILE NOT BEING PROVOKED and while he doesn't comment and write here than he will have every right to reply ofc in non offensive way ....

Dostoevski I agree with u on some parts
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:09 am

btw I still say use the "Foe" option that the forum offers so you don't see posts from other users who provoke u or make u angry ...thats is one of the best and the most non-painful solution Wink

take care

respect

Devi
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:11 am

I think we have a general agreement on how we want the forum to run, but making it happen and still having lively debate is another question. As I said before, I don't mind leaving this to the discretion of the section moderator, I don't think this would've happened with a mod present to delete any stupid posts.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:11 am

Shit! Looks like I missed on some fun! I don't care about sciacca,bring CROINTER back!
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:25 am

Foe option works fellas I'm telling you. Cool
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:25 am

dostoevsky wrote:I'd gladly take CroInter and Sciacca back. Those five pages of nonsense we had yesterday were far worse than what we'd had before and it wasn't their fault. They're relatively playful, what we don't need is a poster with a history of starting forum wars coming in and preaching. The other threads are easy to avoid if people don't go out of their way to provoke Sciacca.

Wait... you're trying to pin this on me? I wasn't trying to provoke anyone. They were hounding me in that thread.

I think I've said enough. Good that they are gone. Their intentions were foul and I called it.

Why do we need to handle Sciacca with gloves and give him special treatment? I was talking to him like I would talk to anyone else.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:30 am

Giancarlo wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:I'd gladly take CroInter and Sciacca back. Those five pages of nonsense we had yesterday were far worse than what we'd had before and it wasn't their fault. They're relatively playful, what we don't need is a poster with a history of starting forum wars coming in and preaching. The other threads are easy to avoid if people don't go out of their way to provoke Sciacca.

Wait... you're trying to pin this on me? I wasn't trying to provoke anyone. They were hounding me in that thread.

I think I've said enough. Good that they are gone. Their intentions were foul and I called it.

Why do we need to handle Sciacca with gloves and give him special treatment? I was talking to him like I would talk to anyone else.

I didn't mention you at all, people were provoking Sciacca before you got here, it's a forum thing. The good conduct of individuals doesn't matter if then someone else decides to make an unnecessary statement. The problems didn't start with you and they certainly wouldn't end with you, everyone needs to exercise self control.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoban Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:42 am

McLewis your a good bloke but i have to say I enjoy the occasional banter
and removing people because of having arguments will turn this into a overly clinical forum. We need the likes of Crointer to annoy us with his biased BS. When it gets out of hand we usually take control matters ourselves, without a mod. i would feel too sanitized and hospitalized if we didn't allow others to argue VALID points.

The analogy of this being our house is a valid one and we should defend it when others come to try and force their views on us. we should be allowed to express our views freely
BigBoban
BigBoban
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:42 am

Now all we have in this forum is 100's of posts that are saying how lovely it would be to have Fabregas and where he could fit into our line up. Kinda killing the fun but hey, I am all for it once it gets spiteful / personal insults are used.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:16 am

This whole shitstorm started when a clown who must not be named started crying about the lack of contribution Milan has/had on Italy. Sciacca is a cool guy and knowledgeable guy who I love discussing football with and he does not troll at all. Crointer trolls a bit but in a lighthearted way which I find humorous but some people don't. I hope this ban is temporary.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamer Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:54 am

Giancarlo wrote:Wait... you're trying to pin this on me? I wasn't trying to provoke anyone. They were hounding me in that thread.

You behave like a real fan of MILAN!

Like everybody I visit some other fora overhere aswell... but to read and not to write and cause trouble!

Being a fan is a "matter of the hearth" and not a matter of brains, and therefore writing on other fora, is the same as sitting with your INTER outfit between 1000 MILAN fans in the stadium... what do you think wil happen? ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ What a Face

Therefore Crointer and Sciacca among others should write & shit on their own fora, because overhere it wil always end up in trouble! Cool

One more thing.... We dont want a moderator and we dont need a moderator!
In case of emergency we allways can call our friend Deviangel! Suspect Very Happy

dreamer
dreamer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:12 am

It's a mistake banning Crointer,you should ban Giancarlo from Milan section :coffee:
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamer Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:16 am

VibeTribe wrote:It's a mistake banning Crointer,you should ban Giancarlo from Milan section :coffee:
I forgot to mention your name as a notorious troublemaker! Cool
dreamer
dreamer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:22 am

dreamer wrote:
I forgot to mention your name as a notorious troublemaker! Cool

I've reported you to mods for lying :coffee:

tribute to crointer hehe

Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum