lenear1030
teamanarchy
Lex
milanfan7
Sushi Master
34 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Terry is finished, Cole in clear decline - Page 2 Empty Re: Terry is finished, Cole in clear decline

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:06 am

Gil wrote:Our defenders didn't play very well today but you can't blame them when they're always ridiculously exposed game after game.

The high line is clearly the problem not the personnel.

Terry has never played in a highline in his life. He was never a fast defender either. He is suffering now.

David luiz is a good player, but too erratic. Cashley would have beasted this highline 2 years ago, not anymore. He has lost pace.

Also u are missing a good striker upfront

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Terry is finished, Cole in clear decline - Page 2 Empty Re: Terry is finished, Cole in clear decline

Post by The Messiah Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:08 am

I wonder how terribly slow Badstuber will manage in such defence...?

Maybe 5:0, at least Chelsea are Lucky they have quality defender like terry
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chaval Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:09 am

Chelseas defense is falling apart
chaval
chaval
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:09 am

jibers wrote:
kiranr wrote:
Why is AVB insisting on a strategy and tactics that do not suit the players he has available to him?

He is trying to change that.

How? He is continuously playing the high line. And i did not watch the match, but did he play a front three of Malouda, Drogba and Sturridge? Where is the width in the attacking third going to come from in this setup?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:09 am

lenear1030 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
lenear1030 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:Cole has been giving these types of performances for about 18 months now.....

He is past it, laugh at me all you want but Enrique is better.

enrique was poor today too.

Not really all Chelsea's attack went through the middle or the left, hardly any went through Enrique's side......

He was a brickwall as usual imo.

he was caught sleeping twice on crosses from the opposite side. one was the sturridge goal...

Yep was going to mention that, the sturridge goal but i dont think he was poor imo worse than his high standards like Sepi said but still reasonably solid.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:12 am

Idrisozet wrote:I wonder how terribly slow Badstuber will manage in such defence...?

Maybe 5:0, at least Chelsea are Lucky they have quality defender like terry
He'd be just as horrible as he was in the van Gaal era. Same sort of problem. Slow, ponderous defenders in a high line are always going to have problems.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:14 am

>Watching Chelsea - Liverpool on Viasat
>Glenn in the studio
>Glenn in the commentators booth
>Glen on the pitch

Glenn's everywhere!

Laughing
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:21 am

terry cole, mikel malouda....

even david luiz was making mistake. then, there is lampard, granted he has been in fine form of late but he doesnt have same speed he had before to track back and help his team mates in defense. and ramirez form is like a weather.

only drogba is worthy of being in chelsea starting 11.

well chelsea has lost to arsenal manutd and now liverpool ... they havent been convincing against other opponents too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:23 am

RealGunner wrote:
Gil wrote:Our defenders didn't play very well today but you can't blame them when they're always ridiculously exposed game after game.

Terry has never played in a highline in his life. He was never a fast defender either. He is suffering now.

David luiz is a good player, but too erratic. Cashley would have beasted this highline 2 years ago, not anymore. He has lost pace.

agreed mate, especially on cole. he always leaves so much space at the back nowadays, for opponents its easy to exploit chances coming from his flank.

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:53 am

RealGunner wrote:

Terry is finished, Cole in clear decline - Page 2 Xavi-hernandez
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:18 am

I'm not totally buying this "Chelsea high-line" thing.

For our first goal we stole the ball near the 16-yard area, that's not a goal on defensive high-line.

For our second goal Johnson received a pass again at the edge of the box, but it wasn't a pass played behind the defense - i.e. exploiting a high-line by making a run behind it - Johnson still had to beat a defender.

Chelsea got scored on twice, but I didn't see them particularly struggling with some sort of high defensive line.

lenear1030 wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
So a clear tactical shift is needed, and Alex should be given a chance.

Oh, and Pereira in Very Happy

lol, last i remember of Alex playing this year was when he got embarrassed by Shane Long of West Brom

Chelsea have kept two clean sheets in the league so far, against Blackburn and Stoke.

Alex has played 90 minutes in the league twice so far, against Blackburn and Stoke.

Just sayin'.

Last edited by Art Morte on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:19 am

Terry is finished, Cole in clear decline - Page 2 Tumblr_luz0likXeh1qgfvoko1_250

banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:11 am

Official: Marcelo is the best LB in the world. Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:14 am

El Pipita wrote:Official: Marcelo is the best LB in the world. Laughing

As i said before LB's know how to defend Laughing

I am going to meet you half way tho, he is probably the best LWB :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:15 am

El Pipita wrote:Official: Marcelo is the best LB in the world. Laughing
Spoiler:
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by anirudhkitt Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:28 am

I am the biggest fan of marcelo, but he is not the best LB in the world. He is probably the best at attacking but his defensive abilities still leave a lot to be desired. His positioning still sucks. Lahm = number 1.

Anyway, on to topic. I dont think Chelsea's problems lie just in the high line as some of you say. I also think it has a lot to do with the aura and the controversy surrounding and hounding the team, the expectation of AVB to be the next Mourinho, J McEacharan to be Chelsea's Xavi.

I think the poor players just need a break from things. Sometimes a fresh start is what you need.

Terry and cole are finished it seems, just a few days back i saw cole put in a superman performance against spain. Its all knee jerk.
anirudhkitt
anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:32 am

Two weeks ago, i posted stats to confirm Cole was poor this season, But you guys needed an eye opener.. Razz
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:33 am

Sushi Master wrote:Discuss. Terry might do well in a deep defensive line, but he is constantly exposed in the AVB highline. Cole forgets to track back and leaves even more space than before due to it.

there is no knee jerk here. chelsea's golden players are just getting older and weaker, and worst.

terry isnt even wc anymore, and has always been overated to some degree imo.

dont know what makes even cole the top lb like others here say. lahm gets my vote.

The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkentelechy Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:05 am

Art Morte wrote:I'm not totally buying this "Chelsea high-line" thing.

For our first goal we stole the ball near the 16-yard area, that's not a goal on defensive high-line.

For our second goal Johnson received a pass again at the edge of the box, but it wasn't a pass played behind the defense - i.e. exploiting a high-line by making a run behind it - Johnson still had to beat a defender.

Chelsea got scored on twice, but I didn't see them particularly struggling with some sort of high defensive line.

lenear1030 wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:

lol, last i remember of Alex playing this year was when he got embarrassed by Shane Long of West Brom

Chelsea have kept two clean sheets in the league so far, against Blackburn and Stoke.

Alex has played 90 minutes in the league twice so far, against Blackburn and Stoke.

Just sayin'.

It's not only about the high line, but the whole defensive setup.

Wingers/Midfielders aren't pressing at all, the back four gets no protection from the midfield, no wonder it's frequent to see opposing attackers in direct confront with the back four. Add to that players like Mikel, Terry and Cole making tons of mistakes.

AVB should use a double pivot to solve it short term, although defense is clearly not their only problem.

Alex isn't in the best form of his life either, but why he didnt even make the bench today is beyond me.
Funkentelechy
Funkentelechy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Hamburg

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:58 am

Gil wrote:Honestly have no idea. I understand he's trying to implement his own style into this Chelsea side but you have to do that gradually.

No way we'll finish in the Top 4 this season if he doesn't change our defensive setup. The amount of times a simple long ball cut through back four today was painful.

exactly what us inter fans were saying with gasperini as our manager. high line plus ageing defenders is a nightmare
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:20 am

Marcela has some way to go before being the best LB in the world. Let him develop he's young ffs, he'll get there, also what's the difference if he has the title of best LB in the world anyway? Laughing

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmManUnited Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:22 am

WOWWW NOW WHEN THE OP SAYS COLE IS FINISHED YET WHEN I SAID THAT WITH ENGLAND VS SPAIN, I GOT SCRUTINIZED...smh
IAmManUnited
IAmManUnited
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by chaval Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:31 pm

I think its time for some replacements
chaval
chaval
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:15 pm

He is definitely not suited for this style of play; he isn't quick nor does he have the energy to constantly keep pressing the opposition. Most goals we've conceded so far was because after the ball was lost in the middle of the park, the CBs just stayed at their positions and hoped for the best.

We need someone who is quick and has the energy to keep pressuring the opposition player. DL4 was supposed to be that player but he needs to keep his composure and make calculated decisions.

What makes matters worse is that since Terry is a legend, and knowing his personality, he wouldn't settle for a place on the bench. He is the captain afterall. Nor would majority of the fans want it. Honestly, Ivanovic would do a much better job.

I've defended Terry all my life. He was afterall worthy of winning the Ballon d'Or once or twice in a row but that's long gone.
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:18 pm

Milanfan7 wrote:Ivanovic as CB is ten times better.

LaughingLaughingLaughing

Anyways, the bigger problem is the defense, Terry is just a small part. Can't wait to see Bruma replace him though.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:23 pm

he should come to the a-league
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next