Albiceleste
RealGunner
LeBéninois
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Samuel eto'O - Page 2 Empty Re: Samuel eto'O

Post by zizzle Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:50 pm

and you bring Inter's chances into this because ?

zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:54 pm

metinsk wrote:
harhar11 wrote:lol at people acting as if they wouldn't have done the same if they were in eto'o shoes Laughing

enough said xDD

I wouldnt xD. But thats probably because we think different categories. I think even if I was a celebrity I could care less about party life/yachts/cars, rather invested in business. Btw, Dagestan is place full of problems, very dangerous.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:59 pm

zizzle wrote:and you bring Inter's chances into this because ?

because even from a footballing stand point, his choice wasn't that bad.....Inter are past and he knew it, so why not go to a team with a promising future....at least he'll be able to play in CL, and now with Serie A only having three CL spots, Inter's chances looked really slim with the elderly team they have.

Very Happy I'm just trolling, that first comment i made was suppose to be sarcastic....but now that i look it, it actually makes good sense Twisted Evil

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:09 pm

Messiakanino wrote:
zizzle wrote:and you bring Inter's chances into this because ?

because even from a footballing stand point, his choice wasn't that bad.....Inter are past and he knew it, so why not go to a team with a promising future....at least he'll be able to play in CL, and now with Serie A only having three CL spots, Inter's chances looked really slim with the elderly team they have.

Very Happy I'm just trolling, that first comment i made was suppose to be sarcastic....but now that i look it, it actually makes good sense Twisted Evil

i find this post surprising from a supporter of a Europa League club that has not won its league since before he was born. On the contrary Inter has made the CL last season and still have a real chance of getting back into the CL...something i cant say about liverpool taking into considiration the competition in the EPL

zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by ToEy Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:46 pm

zizzle wrote:even if he gives back it doesnt mean he didnt sell out, so unless you can prove that his contributions to charity have increased by 10m then im gonna stick by my statement

That dude is already 30, how many years left of his career can he make full use of to earn some money? The time horizon is not very long, anyone including you would have left for 20m a year, not to mention he has won everything he could with Barca and Inter.

As for contributions to charity, would you contribute 50% of your annual salary, excluding tax, to charity? Some people like Bill Gates might contribute a huge percent of their wealth ), but lets not forget most people will not, and we are talking about the late steve jobs, buffet and co

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:04 am

yes i would have accepted 20m to play in Russia but im not Samuel Eto'o the best striker in Europe and i havnt been making 10m+ for the past 4 or 5 years.

I understand that Roberto Carlos is playing there but the guy is 38(?) and he can no longer perform at the highest level so why not take that mafia money, but eto'o broke his own scoring record last year ! he just turned 30 and he still has so much to offer so why did he go there ? is it because he wanted to go to a bigger club ? a bigger league ? a better country ? a better city ? better weather ? no, its because they offered him 20m and that is the definition of selling out

anyone care to explain how this move is better for his career ? coz unless you think eto'o can no longer deliver in a top league then you wont have enough reasons to support his move
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dansik Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:06 am

I wish I had the opportunity to sell out. Sad

dansik
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:27 am

If you are,lets say,an engineer,who has been working in the same company for over 5 years. Another company offers you double your salary,would you change companies?

It's the same thing with eto'o. Don't blame the lad.
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:20 pm

Best decision of his life..

Guaranteed he banged that stewardess as well cheers
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:35 pm

zizzle wrote:yes i would have accepted 20m to play in Russia but im not Samuel Eto'o the best striker in Europe and i havnt been making 10m+ for the past 4 or 5 years.

I understand that Roberto Carlos is playing there but the guy is 38(?) and he can no longer perform at the highest level so why not take that mafia money, but eto'o broke his own scoring record last year ! he just turned 30 and he still has so much to offer so why did he go there ? is it because he wanted to go to a bigger club ? a bigger league ? a better country ? a better city ? better weather ? no, its because they offered him 20m and that is the definition of selling out

anyone care to explain how this move is better for his career ? coz unless you think eto'o can no longer deliver in a top league then you wont have enough reasons to support his move

You act as if Eto'o hasn't won pretty much every competition he has competed in..

He's already proved himself at the top, why not collect double your salary which can allow you to retire in half the time and go do something else? ... Like say spend more time with his family? Run for office in Camaroon or someshxt like that...

Hell I would put that extra 10 mill/year into a trust fund for my children
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:38 pm

its unfair a footballer earns so much. enjoy your time once a week and get all the money. this is disgrace
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Swagg_Johnson wrote:
zizzle wrote:yes i would have accepted 20m to play in Russia but im not Samuel Eto'o the best striker in Europe and i havnt been making 10m+ for the past 4 or 5 years.

You act as if Eto'o hasn't won pretty much every competition he has competed in..

He's already proved himself at the top, why not collect double your salary which can allow you to retire in half the time and go do something else? ... Like say spend more time with his family? Run for office in Camaroon or someshxt like that...

Messi has won everything so why wont he move to Russia and collect double his salary so he can retire in half the time and go do something else ? Why didnt Raul do that after 2001 ?
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:08 am

zizzle wrote:
Swagg_Johnson wrote:

Messi has won everything so why wont he move to Russia and collect double his salary so he can retire in half the time and go do something else ? Why didnt Raul do that after 2001 ?

Maybe because Messi is 24, and Raul was 24 in 2001 also .. Rolling Eyes
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:25 am

age is irrelevant here, Eto'o just broke his own scoring record last year, he's at the peak of his power and he's easily top 5 forwards in the world
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ToEy Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:27 am

zizzle wrote:age is irrelevant here, Eto'o just broke his own scoring record last year, he's at the peak of his power and he's easily top 5 forwards in the world

And he is also 30, not everyone is a zanetti or maldini.

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:32 am

his form suggests otherwise though
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ToEy Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:33 am

zizzle wrote:his form suggests otherwise though

Its not about form, but career horizon

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:52 pm

zizzle wrote:age is irrelevant here, Eto'o just broke his own scoring record last year, he's at the peak of his power and he's easily top 5 forwards in the world

Its called preparing for retirement bro.. bounce
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:55 pm

you probably missed the part where i said he's at the peak of his power
zizzle
zizzle