What is the ideal attack to defense ratio of a FB?

+11
Babun
Grande_Milano
Adit
Swanhends
The Franchise
Ganso
RealGunner
jibers
Rossoneri Ninja
halamadrid2
BarrileteCosmico
15 posters

Go down

Suppose you have 100 points to create the ideal FB, how much do you put towards attacking and how much towards defending?

What is the ideal attack to defense ratio of a FB? Vote_lcap5%What is the ideal attack to defense ratio of a FB? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
What is the ideal attack to defense ratio of a FB? Vote_lcap0%What is the ideal attack to defense ratio of a FB? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What is the ideal attack to defense ratio of a FB? Vote_lcap0%What is the ideal attack to defense ratio of a FB? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What is the ideal attack to defense ratio of a FB? Vote_lcap20%What is the ideal attack to defense ratio of a FB? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 4 ]
What is the ideal attack to defense ratio of a FB? Vote_lcap10%What is the ideal attack to defense ratio of a FB? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
What is the ideal attack to defense ratio of a FB? Vote_lcap25%What is the ideal attack to defense ratio of a FB? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 5 ]
What is the ideal attack to defense ratio of a FB? Vote_lcap30%What is the ideal attack to defense ratio of a FB? Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 6 ]
What is the ideal attack to defense ratio of a FB? Vote_lcap10%What is the ideal attack to defense ratio of a FB? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 20

What is the ideal attack to defense ratio of a FB? Empty What is the ideal attack to defense ratio of a FB?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:51 pm

Suppose you have 100 points to create the ideal FB, how much do you put towards attacking and how much towards defending?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

What is the ideal attack to defense ratio of a FB? Empty Re: What is the ideal attack to defense ratio of a FB?

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:54 pm

depends on what kind of players that surround him,

like say in the case of failves its probably 10-90 b/c the guys surrounding him swarm you like flies,

on the other hand someone like abate would be the total opposite etc
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

What is the ideal attack to defense ratio of a FB? Empty Re: What is the ideal attack to defense ratio of a FB?

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:04 pm

70D/30A split for my Lb

40D/60A split for my Rb

Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:11 pm

a full back for me should be 70 D and 30 A, a wingback should be 60 A and 40 D. The mix up is tat peopel are comparing different kind of right backs. It's like saying Ozil and sneijder both play trequartista because they both play the same part or that bisquets s a regista becase he sits deep.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:13 pm

70:30 is the best ratio

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:16 pm

It depends on what the FBs function is.in Madrid for example,Ramos is supposed to deffend so he should be 70:30,Marcelo is supposed to attack so he should be 40:60
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:17 pm

I think it is 100% dictated on the possession you have.

Thats what I learnt in my coaching times. When you dont have the ball, the fullbacks need to be in a good defensive position relative to where the ball is. In attack, the fullbacks equally need to be in a good attacking position in relation to where the ball is.

The best fullbacks are those who have the stamina, awareness, speed and quickness to do each transition effective.

I dont agree there is a set ratio which needs to be followed by all fullbacks.

It makes no sense for a fullback to only venture forward lets say 30% when your team has the ball 70% of the time.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:17 pm

RealGunner wrote:70:30 is the best ratio

jibers wrote:a full back for me should be 70 D and 30 A

Great minds think alike :coffee:
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:18 pm

100 and 100

You should defend with 11 without the ball and attack with 11 when you have the ball
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:21 pm

There is no such thing

For example,LB in madrids system needs excellent attacking skills regardless of how good he is defensively ( one of the reason why mou brought coentrao himself as back up LB).

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:28 pm

Marcelo: doing it wrong
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:39 pm

The thread and choices are nonsense, Alf eco smile First fail after long eco smile
A fullback has to move a lot up and down and that's situational Very Happy He should be deadly in attack and rock solid in defence eco smile
What do you mean by your ratio? The formation and tactics dictate how the fullback should behave. If he plays against an offensive team then he'll stay back most of the time. Against a PTB team, he'll attack full trottle otherwise there wouldn't be a man advantage to break the PTB eco smile
Like I said, the concept of this thread is wrong eco smile

Last edited by babun1024 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:22 pm

100 A : 0 D

Welcome to the 'World of Ramos'

Razz
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:32 pm

I realize that the answer depends on the conditions of the team and as such it is an unrealistic question, but still answer to the best of your ability, think of it as a thought experiment :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:50 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I realize that the answer depends on the conditions of the team and as such it is an unrealistic question, but still answer to the best of your ability, think of it as a thought experiment :coffee:
100% in attack and 100% in defence when you need either of the abilities eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:19 am

Well if we're talking Fullbacks then Priority shoud be given for Defense which is why I put 40A 60D.

Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:22 am

Box-to-box.

:coffee:
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:24 am

Depends if you are playing a wing back or an orthodox fullback

for an orthodox player more like 20A 80D

for a wing back ala Marcelo its closer to 50-50

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:26 am

I think it depends on a number of things

I look at Juventus playing a 4-4-2 with Krasic on the right wing who is horrid at back tracking, so he is 100% offense, I would like an 80+ defense ratio RB behind him because its needed.

Chiellini as LB with a very attacking LW

As long as the balance is there in one way or another

60/40 (defense:attack) for me is ideal

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down