Tupac Vs. Biggie

+13
RealGunner
goonbrain
The Franchise
adnyana179
zizzle
dmize
Raptorgunner
Ali
LeVersacci
Vibe
Great Leader Sprucenuce
McAgger
Rebaño Sagrado
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tupac Vs. Biggie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tupac Vs. Biggie

Post by dmize Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:04 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Messiakanino wrote:That was harsh Crim, give him a break.......Tupac takes it by a landslide for me

Suspect

I love how fanboys say things like this to make thier favourite seem better Laughing

Both are two of the greatest of all time but biggie edges it for me, in no world is either one " a landside" better than the other.

This is truth, no idea why you got negged for it, lol.

But Pac has at least 3 classic albums in AEOM, MATW, and 7 Day Theory. Jay-Z has BP and RD, what's the 3rd?

dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 6650
Join date : 2011-06-05

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Tupac Vs. Biggie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tupac Vs. Biggie

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:16 pm

dmize wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Messiakanino wrote:That was harsh Crim, give him a break.......Tupac takes it by a landslide for me

Suspect

I love how fanboys say things like this to make thier favourite seem better Laughing

Both are two of the greatest of all time but biggie edges it for me, in no world is either one " a landside" better than the other.

This is truth, no idea why you got negged for it, lol.

But Pac has at least 3 classic albums in AEOM, MATW, and 7 Day Theory. Jay-Z has BP and RD, what's the 3rd?

Dont consider Black Album a classic?

Now that i think about it actually it probably is a little below a classic.

I do find 7 day theory debateable aswell but it probably is a classic.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68979
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Tupac Vs. Biggie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tupac Vs. Biggie

Post by Ali Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:20 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
ali8775 wrote:I think 2pac did more, look at the material released

He did more yes, but only two of his albums can be argued to be on Biggie's level, the rest were good but not classics......

Just comes back to the Quantity =/= Quality argument.

I think All Eyez On Me was a classic (Double CD too)

Me Against The World was a classic

Thug Life : Volume 1 was a classic


while he was a live, and I find some of his posthumous albums as classics, but because he wasn't there while the beats/features were made I won't use them
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 3918
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Tupac Vs. Biggie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tupac Vs. Biggie

Post by dmize Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:22 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
dmize wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Messiakanino wrote:That was harsh Crim, give him a break.......Tupac takes it by a landslide for me

Suspect

I love how fanboys say things like this to make thier favourite seem better Laughing

Both are two of the greatest of all time but biggie edges it for me, in no world is either one " a landside" better than the other.

This is truth, no idea why you got negged for it, lol.

But Pac has at least 3 classic albums in AEOM, MATW, and 7 Day Theory. Jay-Z has BP and RD, what's the 3rd?

Dont consider Black Album a classic?

Now that i think about it actually it probably is a little below a classic.

I do find 7 day theory debateable aswell but it probably is a classic.

It may be a classic, I personally don't consider it one though. Then again, I'm not really a Jay fan.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 6650
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Tupac Vs. Biggie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tupac Vs. Biggie

Post by zizzle Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:23 pm

both are over rated just becasue of the way they died
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 6887
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 103

Back to top Go down

Tupac Vs. Biggie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tupac Vs. Biggie

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:37 pm

ali8775 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
ali8775 wrote:I think 2pac did more, look at the material released

He did more yes, but only two of his albums can be argued to be on Biggie's level, the rest were good but not classics......

Just comes back to the Quantity =/= Quality argument.

I think All Eyez On Me was a classic (Double CD too)

Me Against The World was a classic

Thug Life : Volume 1 was a classic


while he was a live, and I find some of his posthumous albums as classics, but because he wasn't there while the beats/features were made I won't use them

Probably agreed, even tho i dont consider Thug Life : Volume 1 being on either of Biggies albums levels but still a classic......

@ Zizzle

Thats an extremely controversial comment but one i might actually agree with you with.

I dont know if Overrated is the word id use, maybe overhyped because due to how they died alot of the greatest rappers in that era have been ignored like Scarface for example who i consider extremely underrated.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68979
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Tupac Vs. Biggie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tupac Vs. Biggie

Post by zizzle Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:51 pm

thats true, overhyped is a better expression coz there's no denying that both were great at what they did, still they're not a class of their own like the hype suggests
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 6887
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 103

Back to top Go down

Tupac Vs. Biggie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tupac Vs. Biggie

Post by Ali Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:54 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
ali8775 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
ali8775 wrote:I think 2pac did more, look at the material released

He did more yes, but only two of his albums can be argued to be on Biggie's level, the rest were good but not classics......

Just comes back to the Quantity =/= Quality argument.

I think All Eyez On Me was a classic (Double CD too)

Me Against The World was a classic

Thug Life : Volume 1 was a classic


while he was a live, and I find some of his posthumous albums as classics, but because he wasn't there while the beats/features were made I won't use them

Probably agreed, even tho i dont consider Thug Life : Volume 1 being on either of Biggies albums levels but still a classic.......

It can't even LOOK at Ready To Die ( funny how much better classics can be from each other ) but I don't think it's that far away from Life After Death


Brenda's Got A Baby, Papaz Song, and Changes = Greatest rap songs of all time
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 3918
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Tupac Vs. Biggie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tupac Vs. Biggie

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:13 pm

True i think we need another tier above classics lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68979
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Tupac Vs. Biggie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tupac Vs. Biggie

Post by adnyana179 Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:44 pm

zizzle wrote:both are over rated just becasue of the way they died

Can we say the same for Big L and Big Pun?
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 2313
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Tupac Vs. Biggie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tupac Vs. Biggie

Post by zizzle Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:46 pm

adnyana179 wrote:
zizzle wrote:both are over rated just becasue of the way they died

Can we say the same for Big L and Big Pun?


no way. If anything the two bigs are under rated and not really known in the mainstream like other rappers are
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 6887
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 103

Back to top Go down

Tupac Vs. Biggie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tupac Vs. Biggie

Post by adnyana179 Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:47 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
dmize wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Messiakanino wrote:That was harsh Crim, give him a break.......Tupac takes it by a landslide for me

Suspect

I love how fanboys say things like this to make thier favourite seem better Laughing

Both are two of the greatest of all time but biggie edges it for me, in no world is either one " a landside" better than the other.

This is truth, no idea why you got negged for it, lol.

But Pac has at least 3 classic albums in AEOM, MATW, and 7 Day Theory. Jay-Z has BP and RD, what's the 3rd?

Dont consider Black Album a classic?

Now that i think about it actually it probably is a little below a classic.

I do find 7 day theory debateable aswell but it probably is a classic.
I've always considered "The Black Album" a classic; it was the perfect way for him to leave the game.

Personally, I enjoy listening to Biggie and Nas more than Pac but to each his own. It's pointless trying to come up with a definitive "who is better" when styles and attributes are different. What criteria could you use to make a concrete judgement?
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 2313
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Tupac Vs. Biggie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tupac Vs. Biggie

Post by adnyana179 Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:48 pm

zizzle wrote:
adnyana179 wrote:
zizzle wrote:both are over rated just becasue of the way they died

Can we say the same for Big L and Big Pun?


no way. If anything the two bigs are under rated and not really known in the mainstream like other rappers are

IMO Big L easily exceeds Pac for punchlines and flow, but that's just one of many ways to look at it. You could go on for days.


Last edited by adnyana179 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 2313
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Tupac Vs. Biggie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tupac Vs. Biggie

Post by zizzle Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:51 pm

complexity and flow as well, but he's a little dry on the emotions and imagination IMO and his songs dont have that repeate value like pac
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 6887
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 103

Back to top Go down

Tupac Vs. Biggie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tupac Vs. Biggie

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:22 pm

adnyana179 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
dmize wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Messiakanino wrote:That was harsh Crim, give him a break.......Tupac takes it by a landslide for me

Suspect

I love how fanboys say things like this to make thier favourite seem better Laughing

Both are two of the greatest of all time but biggie edges it for me, in no world is either one " a landside" better than the other.

This is truth, no idea why you got negged for it, lol.

But Pac has at least 3 classic albums in AEOM, MATW, and 7 Day Theory. Jay-Z has BP and RD, what's the 3rd?

Dont consider Black Album a classic?

Now that i think about it actually it probably is a little below a classic.

I do find 7 day theory debateable aswell but it probably is a classic.
I've always considered "The Black Album" a classic; it was the perfect way for him to leave the game.

Personally, I enjoy listening to Biggie and Nas more than Pac but to each his own. It's pointless trying to come up with a definitive "who is better" when styles and attributes are different. What criteria could you use to make a concrete judgement?

Exactly what i said earlier in the thread.......

My favourite is Scarface as i mentioned but iam not going to sit here and say hes the best because thier no real concrete judgement that really can be made.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68979
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Tupac Vs. Biggie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tupac Vs. Biggie

Post by adnyana179 Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
adnyana179 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
dmize wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Messiakanino wrote:That was harsh Crim, give him a break.......Tupac takes it by a landslide for me

Suspect

I love how fanboys say things like this to make thier favourite seem better Laughing

Both are two of the greatest of all time but biggie edges it for me, in no world is either one " a landside" better than the other.

This is truth, no idea why you got negged for it, lol.

But Pac has at least 3 classic albums in AEOM, MATW, and 7 Day Theory. Jay-Z has BP and RD, what's the 3rd?

Dont consider Black Album a classic?

Now that i think about it actually it probably is a little below a classic.

I do find 7 day theory debateable aswell but it probably is a classic.
I've always considered "The Black Album" a classic; it was the perfect way for him to leave the game.

Personally, I enjoy listening to Biggie and Nas more than Pac but to each his own. It's pointless trying to come up with a definitive "who is better" when styles and attributes are different. What criteria could you use to make a concrete judgement?

Exactly what i said earlier in the thread.......

My favourite is Scarface as i mentioned but iam not going to sit here and say hes the best because thier no real concrete judgement that really can be made.

There's no other way to put it. I can recall us saying something similar in the old forum with that Eminem thread.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 2313
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Tupac Vs. Biggie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tupac Vs. Biggie

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:41 pm

I prefer 2pac, but if music is anything, its opinion.

I never understood why so many have to be one or the other.

Both were one offs and while both very different and unique, they are basically 1a and 1b in their generation.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Tupac Vs. Biggie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tupac Vs. Biggie

Post by zizzle Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:42 am

same reason u cant be a fan of Messi and Ronaldo at the same time :G
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 6887
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 103

Back to top Go down

Tupac Vs. Biggie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tupac Vs. Biggie

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:32 am

It seems like it, but I dont really understand it.

Madrid and Barca are rivals, so its normal to dislike their players.

Then again, I disliked him before he came to Madrid so..

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Tupac Vs. Biggie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tupac Vs. Biggie

Post by goonbrain Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:09 pm

eminem is better that both of them.

on topic: i like tupac more but his flows are so one-dimensional.
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 580
Join date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Tupac Vs. Biggie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tupac Vs. Biggie

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:15 pm

zizzle wrote:same reason u cant be a fan of Messi and Ronaldo at the same time :G

I dont really agree......

I myself am a massive fan of Biggie and Pac( i slightly prefer Biggie due to his style) but massive fan of both none the less.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68979
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Tupac Vs. Biggie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tupac Vs. Biggie

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:45 pm

I prefer 2pac, but both are probably one of the best rappers to live

However, IMO, 2pac is better as i consider him GOAT

I think it does come down to preference in the end

I am not a fan of Jay Z, Never liked his music and just don like him. So i dont even rate his music in top 5. The only good song apart from (99 problems) that i do like is Jay Z Ft Eminem - Renegage

Eminem is probably the best in todays time
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89435
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Tupac Vs. Biggie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tupac Vs. Biggie

Post by DeviAngel Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:05 pm

I tihnk Eminem is the best and better than both.

2pac ftw thou Very Happy
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 21304
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 123

Back to top Go down

Tupac Vs. Biggie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tupac Vs. Biggie

Post by zizzle Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:21 pm

The Franchise wrote:It seems like it, but I dont really understand it.

Madrid and Barca are rivals, so its normal to dislike their players.

Then again, I disliked him before he came to Madrid so..



Just like the Rivalry between Real and Barca there was a huge rivalry between the East Cost and West Cost which, as some believe, lead to the death the two rappers.

but taking Mole as an example, you can be a fan of both Biggie and Pac but you have to be a neutral and not care about the bad blood between the two of them


zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 6887
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 103

Back to top Go down

Tupac Vs. Biggie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tupac Vs. Biggie

Post by Ali Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:19 pm

goonbrain wrote:eminem is better that both of them.

on topic: i like tupac more but his flows are so one-dimensional.

His flow is the flow that inspired so many flows nowadays lol
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 3918
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Tupac Vs. Biggie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tupac Vs. Biggie

Post by adnyana179 Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:36 am

ali8775 wrote:
goonbrain wrote:eminem is better that both of them.

on topic: i like tupac more but his flows are so one-dimensional.

His flow is the flow that inspired so many flows nowadays lol

Do you believe he was the most influential ever?
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 2313
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Tupac Vs. Biggie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tupac Vs. Biggie

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum