RedOranje wrote:I think with Allen in the side it will be more like
Lucas - Allen
Gerrard
than the other way.

Actually a little more like this

--------Lucas------
---------------Allen--
---Gerrard----------

That's how Swansea played with Britton, Allen, and Sigurddson. And how we've been mostly playing in preseason.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Midfield Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Midfield Thread

Post by Le Samourai Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:39 pm

Sigh.

Can already see Shelvey not playing much next year, Henderson will get time because of his price tag.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:53 am

Le Samourai wrote:Sigh.

Can already see Shelvey not playing much next year, Henderson will get time because of his price tag.

Didn't we offer Shelvey on loan to Swansea as part of the Allen deal?
If so, that tells that Rodgers hasn't got big plans for him.
A loan to a Championship side might be the best option for Jonjo, perhaps a return to Blackpool, he did well there for the short time he spent there last season.

Although at some point Shelvey will probably get frustrated at his lack of opportunities at Liverpool, I just hope that doesn't happen...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:07 am

I'm just hoping Adam will gtfo, rumors we're going around that he was unwilling to leave for Fulham. With him gone, there should be more opportunities for both Shelvey and Hendo.

And if Sahin rumors have any life to them, then we should definitely be looking to part ways with Spearing, maybe a loan option.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:29 am

We offered Shelvey on a season loan as part of the Allen deal. That's no indication of anything, other than how much Rodgers wanted Allen. It could very well be that Rodgers thinks very highly of Shelvey and believes he should be getting regular minutes currently to help his development, so wishes to loan him to a side that can give him that.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:54 pm

I don't want him in the championship.

Last season I watched him play multiple positions and he excelled in every one ,so playing time as a gap filler is possibly there.If he's going to be loaned it should be to a 1st division team, doesn't necessarily need to be the PL, but Swansea would be fine.

I don't know If Rodgers likes rotations like Benitez, but if he does , chances will be there since he can play all three positions, but as it is , the way the depth chart looks, he'll likely be 3rd in line for all three...which is not a great spot to be in.

Of course he can work and get higher but I'm pessimistic about those chances in this type of situation where the players above him cost more.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:18 pm

Le Samourai wrote:I don't want him in the championship.

Last season I watched him play multiple positions and he excelled in every one ,so playing time as a gap filler is possibly there.If he's going to be loaned it should be to a 1st division team, doesn't necessarily need to be the PL, but Swansea would be fine.

I don't know If Rodgers likes rotations like Benitez, but if he does , chances will be there since he can play all three positions, but as it is , the way the depth chart looks, he'll likely be 3rd in line for all three...which is not a great spot to be in.

Of course he can work and get higher but I'm pessimistic about those chances in this type of situation where the players above him cost more.

Depth chart in midfield as I generally see it:
Gerrard, Lucas, Allen, (Sahin), Henderson, Shelvey, Adam, Spearing.

If Adam leaves (and/or Spearing goes out onloan), that would make it even more certain. Either way, with Gerrard always a threat for injury, and needing rest time regardless, that puts Shelvey fifth for a good portion of the season. Through rotation and other injuries (will Lucas be able to come back and play consistently? Will anyone else get hurt? etc. etc.) I think there will be enough playing time for this point in Shelvey's development. Remember, he's still very young, although his progression belies that fact; that spot in the depth chart, and something between 20-25 games in all competitions wouldn't be so bad for him. I see that number as very realistic. I'm not nearly as worried for him as most.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:13 pm

Lucas: DM, Allen: CM, Gerrard: AM. This is what I meant in my formation.

I believe Shelvey, Henderson & Kelly will have 20+ games this season plus some due to injuries.

I don't understand where Shahin will fit-in. If signed, he will take Allen's spot and that, IMO, will not be great for a £15mil signing. We have a £20mil signing on the bench.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2