chaval
guest7
Gil
48 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Wenger Appreciation Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Wenger Appreciation Thread

Post by El Gunner Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:14 pm

i could be wrong but i swear there have been calls in PL this season where the player's hand/arm was ruled as offside Laughing

Firenze wrote:Arsène Wenger is pressing to change the offside rule in his role as Fifa’s head of global development and his proposal could be passed in time for the Euro 2020 finals.

The former Arsenal manager wants a player to be onside if any part of their body that can score a goal is behind or level with the relevant defender.

does this mean as long as a toe is still level with the defender and the rest of his body is offside, it can still be called onside? scratch

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:18 pm

Man, what an interview

One of your last lines in the book is: “I am convinced that there are only incomplete lives.” What have you not finished yet?

There are loads of things that I did not win as often as I would have liked to, others that I did not win at all, but also a lot of things that I neglected, notably my family. All lives are incomplete, by definition, you cannot succeed at everything.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/arsene-wenger-ageing-is-not-a-weaklings-business/
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:50 am

Safron Burrows ffs 🤤

Did you feel you were leaving your life’s work when you left Arsenal?

Yes, of course. It was the end of a love story. And when you cannot speak any more to the loved person, you can’t go to the training ground, you can’t go to the stadium. You just have to stay where you are. And I never did that [before] in my life. You do 22 years and then suddenly you stop. It was very difficult.

I wanted to cut my link with the club completely, because the club wanted that as well. So then I decided not to go back [to the stadium to watch matches]. But I still support Arsenal with the same passion. You work hard, you do as well as you can. And after you don’t cry, you don’t complain and you get on with it. Suffer in silence, and that’s what I did!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/oct/11/arsene-wenger-arsenal-manager-football

Pretty interesting also this answer
You received a lot of criticism over your career, more so towards the end of your time with Arsenal. Was there any that particularly affected you? Samrat, India

You have to analyse what is justified and what is not. I was, of course, affected by critics. Because nobody can say he is immune to that, especially when you feel you are giving it your best. The critics started in 2016, when we finished second in the league, because we didn’t win the championship. And I would say that if we finished second in the league today, it would be a huge success. But because Leicester won the championship, everybody else was guilty. But they had a super team and they lost only three games in the season. Overall, it is like that when you are a long time somewhere.

Does he really think the criticism started in 2016? In my perception, the brink of criticism came way before that
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:36 am

I'd say it really begun in earnest in 2014. He was coming to the end of his contract and people were starting to seriously consider life after him. But then he won the FA Cup and signed a new deal so people let it go for a bit.

During that time though the biggest criticism was the team's lack of progress. It was consistent the 4th/3rd place finishes, poor results in big games and no silverware that annoyed fans but you always had that feeling the team were just "one or two" keen signings away from doing something so people were more willing to stick it out, I guess.

2016 onward saw a notable decline in the team for the first time. Falling out the CL for the first time in two decades stung. At that point I think more people started turning. Wenger Out sentiment existed for ages before then but it truly gained momentum after the 16/17 season.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:39 am

yea it started like in 2010/2011 when the likes of Wigan came back from 2-0 down to beat us 3-2 in the last 10 minutes
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:35 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Safron Burrows ffs 🤤

Did you feel you were leaving your life’s work when you left Arsenal?

Yes, of course. It was the end of a love story. And when you cannot speak any more to the loved person, you can’t go to the training ground, you can’t go to the stadium. You just have to stay where you are. And I never did that [before] in my life. You do 22 years and then suddenly you stop. It was very difficult.

I wanted to cut my link with the club completely, because the club wanted that as well. So then I decided not to go back [to the stadium to watch matches]. But I still support Arsenal with the same passion. You work hard, you do as well as you can. And after you don’t cry, you don’t complain and you get on with it. Suffer in silence, and that’s what I did!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/oct/11/arsene-wenger-arsenal-manager-football

Pretty interesting also this answer
You received a lot of criticism over your career, more so towards the end of your time with Arsenal. Was there any that particularly affected you? Samrat, India

You have to analyse what is justified and what is not. I was, of course, affected by critics. Because nobody can say he is immune to that, especially when you feel you are giving it your best. The critics started in 2016, when we finished second in the league, because we didn’t win the championship. And I would say that if we finished second in the league today, it would be a huge success. But because Leicester won the championship, everybody else was guilty. But they had a super team and they lost only three games in the season. Overall, it is like that when you are a long time somewhere.

Does he really think the criticism started in 2016? In my perception, the brink of criticism came way before that

What an incredible interview. Guy is more than a football manager. On par with the likes of Jesus of Nazareth and Karl Marx
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:18 pm

Do you really consider Karl Marx on par with Jesus, Comrade Realadmir Gunner ?

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:39 pm

Yes
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:56 pm

RealGunner wrote:Yes

Smh

Spoiler:

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:11 pm

of course Jesus taught us the one true religion - LOVE - before the Christians adopted him, and Marx outlined the PROMISE LAND for us before his work was convoluted by capitalist propaganda and fake communist lands.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5