chad4401
Turok_TTZ
EarlyPrototype
The Madrid One
Ganso
26 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The reason Benzema is rated so highly in the world - Page 2 Empty Re: The reason Benzema is rated so highly in the world

Post by Doc Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:35 pm

What life teaches us these days is that Real Madrid would be fine regardless and Benzema would be fine wherever he ends up. Before anyone gets an brain tumor from this topic, I really would like us to just drop this issue for the time being.

Don't want Sportsczy banned again Sad

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The reason Benzema is rated so highly in the world - Page 2 Empty Re: The reason Benzema is rated so highly in the world

Post by Pedram Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:08 pm

Mamad wrote:IMO it's not hard to see Benzema's potential. don't know why some people just don't want to accept it.

Having potential is not everything FFS, you have to prove it by fighting, sweating, tearing. without proving it you'll be another Quaresma. just like that :coffee:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:13 pm

El Pipita wrote:
Mamad wrote:IMO it's not hard to see Benzema's potential. don't know why some people just don't want to accept it.

Having potential is not everything FFS, you have to prove it by fighting, sweating, tearing. without proving it you'll be another Quaresma. just like that :coffee:

isnt that what benzema did all season long?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:43 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
El Pipita wrote:

i'm not satisfied yet. if this is all potential he has then he's not the best forward we have.
you guys forgot that we lost many points because of Benzema's mistakes.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:47 pm

El Pipita wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
El Pipita wrote:

i'm not satisfied yet. if this is all potential he has then he's not the best forward we have.

So Benzema helping us get through the CL after 6 years and helping us go through the copa final isnt enough?

the guy took an incredible amount of criticism and pressure even from the inside by mourinho. What else does he need to do?

he is better than higuain already, and more decisive on top of it.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:04 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
El Pipita wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
El Pipita wrote:

So Benzema helping us get through the CL after 6 years and helping us go through the copa final isnt enough?

the guy took an incredible amount of criticism and pressure even from the inside by mourinho. What else does he need to do?

he is better than higuain already, and more decisive on top of it.

I love it when you forget all efforts from other players just because he has scored 2 times against Lyon. where's Ronaldo, Marcelo, Di Maria, Ozil and others ? all these players helped us to reach that stages not just Benzema. if you are talking about helping then you need to remember those videos:

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:04 pm

sportsczy wrote:Why is it that as soon as someone brings statistics to back up their claim, they're a "radical fanzema"? Wouldn't being a blind fan involve ignoring the figures and just stating things without facts?

I have yet to see someone who is a pipita fan prove to me statistically how Higuain is better. We've been talking about this for over a year now and it hasn't happened. In my book, you guys are the most radical.

Alright, let's compare the past two years shall we? Because I'm sick and tired of this issue coming up, being resolved, and then brought up again when someone feels like it is a valid argument when it clearly is not. Just like the Kaka financial issue (one that does not exist).

Gonzalo Higuain

2009-2010
Appearances: 40
Goals:29
Assists: 6

2010-2011
Appearances: 25
Goals: 13
Assists: 6

Two year total
Appearances: 65
Goals: 42 (0.65 goals per a game)
Assists: 12

Karim Benzema

2009-2010
Appearances: 33
Goals: 9
Assists: 4

2010-2011
Appearances: 48
Goals: 26
Assists: 9

Two year total
Appearances: 81
Goals: 35 (0.43 goals per a game)
Assists: 13

Now I am not a mathematician, but my two year old niece can clearly point out that Gonzalo Higuain has more goals and one less assist than Karim Benzema in less games. FFS.

hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:06 pm

Higuain has 42 in 65?! That's actually really good, he needs to score more in the UCL damn it.

Of course, one could easily point who he scored those goals against but that's nit picking honestly. Higuain has been great for us.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:12 pm

Maybe so, but higuain was in the same situation of qualifying us last season and he bottled it, yet he doesnt get any criticisms for it. Higuain has done some great stuff for us in la liga but quite frankly wnning la liga isnt a problem for us atm. Has he been able to do it in CL? no.

Other players did great, but you have to be able to finish and make the difference. why are we underrating that when it comes to Benzema? When it's Higuain he gets a pass for having crap games and scoring, same with Ronaldo.

im not putting down higuain, i just think Benzema has done wonderful as well for us, in a different way. To me, he is the better player, no doubt.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:14 pm

He hit the post. That comes down to chance. It was unlucky.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:15 pm

he hit the post, and that was our 5th season in a row not getting through in CL.

seriously, ha benzema done that, people would be asking for higuain to come back asap
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:17 pm

Benzema is a better player, he just had a slow start but getting back into form.

EDIT: Remember higgy hit the post against barca too (if i remember right?)

Last edited by omarish on Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:18 pm

Benzema maybe the better player but Higuain has done statistically more towards the club betterment. Although missing an open goal from a good angle has to do with nerves than unlucky but that's just my perception.

Anyway, Sports asked for a Higgy "fan" to back up his argument with evidence to prove Higuain has done more and H.Real has shown up for the challenge. I do believe that if it weren't for the Aguero rumour, all of this wouldn't have been so tediously long discussed.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:18 pm

It could and probably would have happened to anyone.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:19 pm

The thing that pissed me off was after he hit the post straight after he decided to go for goal when Ronaldo was open.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:20 pm

Ronaldo would have done the same.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:21 pm

Thank goodness we've broken that curse. One thing we can all agree on.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:25 pm

Doc wrote:Benzema maybe the better player but Higuain has done statistically more towards the club betterment. Although missing an open goal from a good angle has to do with nerves than unlucky but that's just my perception.

Anyway, Sports asked for a Higgy "fan" to back up his argument with evidence to prove Higuain has done more and H.Real has shown up for the challenge. I do believe that if it weren't for the Aguero rumour, all of this wouldn't have been so tediously long discussed.

I think so aswell, because now everyone is seeing aguero coming as a given and you have two sides fighting about who they think is better between the two we have, and who deserves to stay. This isnt good, it brings out the nasty and ungrateful side of us.

I reckon Higuain has done great for us in the past couple of season being such a grinder, but i dont think he is the kind of forward that can take us over the hump and be decisive down the stretch in CL and win that kind of competition.

I'm not the biggest higuain fan around, im not trying to be politically correct either, i just think we wont get away in CL with higgy in a general sense. We can get away in la Liga but i think it will come short in CL.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:33 pm

It does bring out the ungrateful side as I've been quite guilty of under appreciating Benzema's contribution towards Real Madrid. Yes, it has been somewhat underwhelming in the grand scheme of things but his goals came at vital points in the season and thus shouldn't be ignored.

What makes me feel Benzema would get the axe if Aguero does wear the white of Real Madrid is that Mourinho, for all his managerial greatness, seems to have little love for the Frenchman (note, I'm assuming here. To all I know he could be the future Godfather to Benzema's first born). Who knows really. I personally don't like the discredit that Aguero is receiving though. That part usually turns me off a bit...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:38 pm

It's more of a defensive mechanism to me. You have got to be outta your mind not to see the talent Aguero as. Sure, he will have to adapt to a top team like any player moving to a new club, specially when he isnt the top dog anymore, but the kid brings an array of talent we crave for.

Exactly the kind of player that defenders hate to mark, kind of forwards that keep you on the edge all game, and he has ronaldo and ozil nxt to him? sick.

It's like Cazorla, gosh i wish we had signed him a few years back, even now. that dude is fantastic. Typical spanish players we lack, short fast and technical, those guys are the reason barcelona doesnt get to enjoy a free ride against some teams in la liga. And the objective today is to beat barca.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:43 pm

We could have signed Carzola but from what I read, Calderon waited till the last day of the transfer to submit a bid for him and was rightly rejected by Villareal...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:46 pm

he is one of those highly underrated player, but he has exactly the kind of skillset we lack atm. I have seen him playing for Xavi in la Roja, and he does an outstanding job most of the time
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:47 pm

I've always been a huge fan and would have relished his arrival. Unfortunate.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:04 pm

It's a shame if you ask me, yet we went out and shelled out 65M for Kaka. Yuck, i would take Cazorla over him anyday now.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:53 pm

That's not a fair comparison in the slightest.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:03 pm

ur not looking at it the right way hrealmadrid.

when it comes to buisness and players we can use, kaka stands no chance against cazorla.

or atleast back then
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next