Zealous
ronalessi
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Raptorgunner
Gil
37 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Chelsea vs Arsenal Pre Match Predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea vs Arsenal Pre Match Predictions

Post by mzamani Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:27 pm

One thing i know for sure is that this wont be a thrashing. if we can reach half time at 0-0, i think we have a chance

mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Chelsea vs Arsenal Pre Match Predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea vs Arsenal Pre Match Predictions

Post by Jay29 Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:09 pm

One thing that might play in favour is how Villas Boas approaches the game. Under Mourinho, Hiddink and Ancelotti Chelsea often played a more defensive game and we could never break them down. Then Drogba would pop up the other end and score and that'd be that.

But I don't think this is Villas Boas' style, and he may play his usual offensive strategy. I can see us being under more pressure than usual against Chelsea, but there may be more opportunities for counter attacks because of that.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:17 pm

if Luiz starts, anything is possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:53 pm

Ill predict a score draw.

1-1 or 2-2
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:03 pm

Sepi wrote:if Luiz starts, anything is possible.

lool, luiz is getting quite the reputation.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:38 pm

At least a penalty and a red card guaranteed when he plays. :coffee:
------------------------------------ Thumbs up Thumbs up
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:43 pm

So who's the underdog going in to this? Two weeks into the season, i'd have said us, but would i be wrong in thinking it might be Chelsea as of now?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:51 pm

I really believe we can get a good result if Vermealen plays and Djourou stays the hell away from RB or the game maybe. I hope Park gets a chance to play along side RVP.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:41 am

I just hope we dont get a red card...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:47 am

Torres has joined Twitter.

how I wish he was on twitter when he handed in a transfer request hmm

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:55 am

Seems like the press have done their job now. David Luiz is now officially a poor defender in England.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:02 am

^
The Brazilian Phil Jones :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:09 am

Sepi wrote:^

I agree, both do thier usual dribble forward and cant defend trick........

Both wouldnt know what positional sense was if they watched an Alessandro Nesta DVD.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:28 am

would be genuinely suprised if we win this one.

Goonerjay got it spot on. In recent years we've had massive success hitting Arsenal on the break while defending deep but we don't play that way under AVB. Our high line will be horribly exposed to Walcott's pace and Gervinho to rip Bosingwa new one.
Bear
Bear
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:38 am

Gil wrote:Same Luiz that made Silva, Dzeko, Rooney and co his bitch last season? Poor defender indeed. Laughing

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Sepi wrote:^

I agree, both do thier usual dribble forward and cant defend trick........

Both wouldnt know what positional sense was if they watched an Alessandro Nesta DVD.

His positioning is fine. Him going forward is a tactic Luiz's managers encourage as his distribution from the back is easily the best in the World. The DM almost always cover for him when he goes on those runs of his.

Love how every defender that's good going forward is immediately considered a liability at the back. Not exaggerating either.

Rich mans Coloccini/Agger. :coffee:

Not everyone, just alot of them(if you deny Jones isnt a liability as far as position sense goes i dont know what to say)........

Coloccini goes forward and hes still position sense wise is awesome for us......

Luiz is better than Jones but iam still not impressed with his position sense he is young tho and has time to improve on that :coffee:

Btw no one is a rich mans Coloccini :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:38 am

The problem with luiz isnt his positioning imo,its his weak decision making.Its worse than Ramos at 19 when he joined us lmao.With luiz you can expect a red card or a penalty any time.He just isnt a good reader of the game too.

Inexperience yes.But too much of it.

He has every attributes to become a great defender but needs better coaching.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:17 am

hmm, i was disscussin this with some freinds last night particuly my mate thats a chelsea fan.

at first we both said arsenal would win but thinking about it, this really can go either wayy.

i wouldve said a draw but with the way arsenal are defending,there will definantly be a winner
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:27 am

cant believe the negativity from the other chelsea fans, guess im gong to have to be the obnoxious one
anyway with ramires back and hopefuly ivanovic at RB and its at the bridge im confident we can win, hopefuly torres can shutup a few arsenal fans too (highburied)
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:03 am

willing to take up a one week sig bet on this, if its a draw nobody change their sig though, any takers?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:20 am

I just can't see us winning at Stamford Bridge, but hope that Walcott and Gervinho shine at that highline-defence. But I NEVER hope for a draw.

I can imagine if Torres scores what'll happen in the forums Very Happy
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:21 am

Bear-Felix wrote:would be genuinely suprised if we win this one.

Goonerjay got it spot on. In recent years we've had massive success hitting Arsenal on the break while defending deep but we don't play that way under AVB. Our high line will be horribly exposed to Walcott's pace and Gervinho to rip Bosingwa new one.

I suppose the natural counter to this would be to expose our defensive frailties quickly, build up a two or three goal lead and just watch us try to fight back, which Chelsea are well capable of doing. We're going to have a centre back at right back, a just-returning Vermaelen and Mertesacker who doesn't deal well with quick players one-on-one. Players like Mata, Sturridge and Torres can expose that.

I think the game will be won down their flanks; whether our fullbacks will cope with Chelsea's widemen, and whether our wideman will do anything against Chelsea's fullbacks. I know for sure we won't be doing much centrally.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:01 pm

If Vermaelen plays it will be a low scoring game. I still think it will be a 2-1 game and I hope the winner is Arsenal.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:13 pm

Agreed Fatman, I don't see why Chelsea fans are so negative... We've only improved in every game and bar a *bleep* spastic referee would have a good record going into this game. I expect nothing less than a win from the boys, we have the players and ability to do it.

Arsenal may have gotten "back on track" but they've played a load of home games within them. Last 5 games they've won 3 at home against less than average sides...

I'm expecting a win, hopefully Torres will score but don't mind. Loving how everybody underrates Luiz + Torres, will only make it better if they get the better of you Very Happy
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun_Mainstream Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:03 pm

lszanto wrote:Agreed Fatman, I don't see why Chelsea fans are so negative... We've only improved in every game and bar a *bleep* spastic referee would have a good record going into this game. I expect nothing less than a win from the boys, we have the players and ability to do it.

Arsenal may have gotten "back on track" but they've played a load of home games within them. Last 5 games they've won 3 at home against less than average sides...

I'm expecting a win, hopefully Torres will score but don't mind. Loving how everybody underrates Luiz + Torres, will only make it better if they get the better of you Very Happy

You do remember that 7 out of 8 games DOES include a win away at marseille and other european wins.

Don't just shrug us off like that, form is form. You don't have to beat manchester city every week to be declared a squad that's good enough.

This should be a good match, I expect a draw, but I'm hoping our boys get the win.
Varun_Mainstream
Varun_Mainstream
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:09 pm

Varun_Mainstream wrote:
lszanto wrote:Agreed Fatman, I don't see why Chelsea fans are so negative... We've only improved in every game and bar a *bleep* spastic referee would have a good record going into this game. I expect nothing less than a win from the boys, we have the players and ability to do it.

You do remember that 7 out of 8 games DOES include a win away at marseille and other european wins.

Don't just shrug us off like that, form is form. You don't have to beat manchester city every week to be declared a squad that's good enough.

This should be a good match, I expect a draw, but I'm hoping our boys get the win.

We are a better team, you could no doubt win but i'd be very disappointed if that happened, especially at our home. The only player you have that is really worrying is RVP.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:16 pm

drogba against arsenal?? yummy
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next