DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Hodgson vs Dalglish - Page 2 Empty Re: Hodgson vs Dalglish

Post by donttreadonred Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:35 pm

DeviAngel wrote:Hodgson wrong time wrong place.
Wrong style; wrong attitude.

What obviously isn't seen outside of the Liverpool faithful, is the perceived disrespect for the club from Hodgson. It certainly didn't help that he played hoof ball (and boy did he play it. Once when Agger was bringing the ball out of defense, he shouted, "Just punt the f*****g ball.") However, the real offense was the way he treated the fans, refused to defend players against attacks from other managers, and was consistently pessimistic (in style and comments). These ensured he would never endear himself to LFC supporters. The man seemed utterly unable to play to his base. He brought in players that were at best the level of squad players for previous iterations of Liverpool teams, and he risked driving out several of our best players through misuse and perceived negativity (Torres, Agger and LUCAS).

Whether or not his approach and results were truly the best the club could do under the circumstances is debatable. However, his attitude while doing it, and his stance towards the LFC supporters were what ultimately signed his pink slip. He was perceived as disgracing the club, and whether or not he truly was does not matter. LFC supporters demand a certain poise and respect from their managers, and he did not have it. He brought a small club mentality to a club that will never allow itself to be viewed as such (at least not from within).

Every LFC supporter will understand what I'm talking about, and at the end of the day that is all that really matters. Everyone else can debate who the better manager is, but LFC fans know who is the better manager for the club. It is the ones the supporters can get along with. Hodgson made watching LFC something of a chore. That is something we will never accept.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:05 pm

What surprises me the most is how Liverpool fans still manage to defend Kelly and call him king, even one of my friend who supports Liverpool says he's the best manager in the world.

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:18 pm

Idrisozet wrote:What surprises me the most is how Liverpool fans still manage to defend Kelly and call him king, even one of my friend who supports Liverpool says he's the best manager in the world.

I mean, he's at least one of the best young fullbacks...
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:21 pm

ROFL, haha
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:22 pm

Idrisozet wrote:What surprises me the most is how Liverpool fans still manage to defend Kelly and call him king, even one of my friend who supports Liverpool says he's the best manager in the world.

I probably wouldn't go that far. There are certainly some Liverpool fans that believe he can do no wrong. Personally, I think he should be given at least the majority of next season to see if this new direction for the club will indeed work out. Say what you will about our performances this season, but you have to admit that there have been a few mitigating circumstances. For example, LFC haven't actually been able to field our "first choice" midfield at any point this season; LFC have created tons of chances (just look at the shot chart for today's game against West Brom), but we simply haven't converted; and LFC have hit the woodwork an ungodly number of times (I want to say the most in the Prem League, but I can't substantiate that right now). Don't get me wrong, it's not an excuse for our performances. Right now, we deserve to be 8th However, it does suggest that we are a few signings (or a few players finally finding form) away from being a far better team. I understand that the previous statement sounds like every supporter from any underachieving team that has ever existed, but I honestly believe there is some truth to it.

In addition, I, and others on this forum, have questioned some of Kenny's tactical decisions this season. At times, Kenny's tactics have been muddled, if not confused. Then again, we've also seen very flowing attacking football. Just like everything associated with this club this season, it has been rather inconsistent. Again, I would say to give him the majority of next season to see if the the project works out before there are calls for change.

In short, making the correct moves this summer (both coming and going) will go a long way toward deciding whether the club sees continued development or yet another disappointing season.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:32 pm

Idrisozet wrote:Kelly is destroying Liverpool, killIng The Clubs Confidence, Thier League Position this Season will defintely have impact on their Confidence next Season, please Sack him

Long Live King Kelly!

Hodgson vs Dalglish - Page 2 MartinKelly
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:03 am

For people saying Woy didn't have 100mill that Kelly had to spend, well even if he did, he would have spent it on Poulsen's and PFK's of this world.

As bad as I consider Adam, he's still better than Poulsen.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:13 am

donttreadonred wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:Hodgson wrong time wrong place.
Wrong style; wrong attitude.

What obviously isn't seen outside of the Liverpool faithful, is the perceived disrespect for the club from Hodgson. It certainly didn't help that he played hoof ball (and boy did he play it. Once when Agger was bringing the ball out of defense, he shouted, "Just punt the f*****g ball.") However, the real offense was the way he treated the fans, refused to defend players against attacks from other managers, and was consistently pessimistic (in style and comments). These ensured he would never endear himself to LFC supporters. The man seemed utterly unable to play to his base. He brought in players that were at best the level of squad players for previous iterations of Liverpool teams, and he risked driving out several of our best players through misuse and perceived negativity (Torres, Agger and LUCAS).

Whether or not his approach and results were truly the best the club could do under the circumstances is debatable. However, his attitude while doing it, and his stance towards the LFC supporters were what ultimately signed his pink slip. He was perceived as disgracing the club, and whether or not he truly was does not matter. LFC supporters demand a certain poise and respect from their managers, and he did not have it. He brought a small club mentality to a club that will never allow itself to be viewed as such (at least not from within).

Every LFC supporter will understand what I'm talking about, and at the end of the day that is all that really matters. Everyone else can debate who the better manager is, but LFC fans know who is the better manager for the club. It is the ones the supporters can get along with. Hodgson made watching LFC something of a chore. That is something we will never accept.

I still think that Hodgson proves that he i good manager but at wrong time at wrong place as you can see even with Kelly liverpool only has better play but far from EU places ( I think so ). Ofc I don't blame Kelly or something I still consider him good manager but I think that the management is the problem not the manager
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:22 am

Kelly > JT :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:02 am

Kenny's done fine.

In many games this season, like against the Albion yesterday, we've been the better team, controlled possession and created chances, only goal-scoring has let us down. That's something you can hardly blame the manager for.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:15 am

Art Morte wrote:Kenny's done fine.

In many games this season, like against the Albion yesterday, we've been the better team, controlled possession and created chances, only goal-scoring has let us down. That's something you can hardly blame the manager for.
Kelly*
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:15 am

So you are suggesting we stop calling him king and forget all Kelly has done for us during his playing time, his first tenure as a manager, and his ambassador role just because he's having a below-par season as a manager for us in the premier League. He's earned the name King Kelly and even getting relegated from the PL wouldn't take that away from him.

Of course, you wouldn't understand why Liverpool fans are so attached to Kelly. Almost all, bar a few fans are content with what he's done this season, winning us our first trophy after six years and on the verge of winning another one.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:50 am

Hodgson vs Dalglish - Page 2 5830392_450_450_0_0_fit_0_c8136f649e3b6ec10d221e557f5f263c

King Kelly :bow: :bow:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:53 am

Kelly :lol!:

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:15 am

Kelly?
:vagi:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:42 pm

Someone is using a mobile device, aren't they...?

Autocorrect sucks, no?
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 11, 2012 9:23 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1305653/Roy-Hodgson-wants-2m-Terminator-Mathieu-Debuchy-Liverpool.html

hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 11, 2012 9:28 pm

He wanted him to play DM :facepalm:

Kelly and Flano's progress is more important :coffee:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Sat May 12, 2012 12:06 am

well....kenny had a lot of money to spend on transfer, and he still failed...
The honeymoon period is over.
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2