Great Leader Sprucenuce
zizzle
Sushi Master
M99
LeVersacci
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Uncharted 3 gets a perfect 10 from IGN - Page 2 Empty Re: Uncharted 3 gets a perfect 10 from IGN

Post by Albiceleste Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:32 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:Skyrim or Arkham City will be game of the year

Mark my words
Really sticking your neck out on this prediction huh?

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Uncharted 3 gets a perfect 10 from IGN - Page 2 Empty Re: Uncharted 3 gets a perfect 10 from IGN

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:40 am

RPG's almost always win GOTY

Uncharted 3 would be my no.3 choice after Skyrim (1st) and Arkham City
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:15 pm

Uncharted 3 will win IGN, Dark Souls will win in Gamespot.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:23 pm

milanista99 wrote:Uncharted 3 will win IGN, Dark Souls will win in Gamespot.

Is'nt thier an overall game of the year anymore?

Anyway i agree with BiasedMilanFan i dont know why i was debating this when iam usually one to not give 2 sh*ts about reviews and pre-order games months in advance regardless of reviews hmm

I also agree with him that Skyrim and Arkham City will dominate the awards.....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:25 pm

This is the only thing that pisses me off about 360 U3 is actually an epic game.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:04 pm

I don't see Arkham City winning GOTY, nothing against the game since I did not play it yet.

It is just that no game based on other media ever won GOTY. It is a pride thing in the gaming industry that they can create their own mythos.

Regardless, it will be up there.

The competition:
1- Zelda: Skyward Sword. (a Zelda game)
2- Dark Souls. (Demon Souls won against the odds, can see an upset)
3- Skyram. (if it lives up to the hype)
4- Uncharted 3. (an epic game, but the sheer size of the competition dwarfs it).
5- Arkham City. (an epic game, but it being a secondary media might hurt its chances)

note that these game are not ordered based on which I think will win, just randomly. But also notice that the top 3 games are all 50 hours minimum games with the shortest being Zelda, and I managed to squeeze 100 hours of Twilight Princess looking to finish the game, not to mention doing the classic three hearts challenge.

Dark Souls will at least take 100 hours, and Skyrim can take up to 300 hours according to the developers. The sheer amount of content in those games is a strong plus for their case.

Anyway, playing all of them will be fun, the 360 owners will not have that privilege Uncharted 3 gets a perfect 10 from IGN - Page 2 4086640091.

(Since a lot of people have a Wii and one of those)
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:31 pm

Nintendo games are not mainstream enough to win GOTY awards anymore, sadly.

I mean since the N64 times Nintendo doesn't win anything.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:08 pm

Well Arkham City is the highest reviewed game this year......

With an average review of 95/100 on Metacritic, ok reviews are not everything but they still a huge weight none the less.....

I'll be shocked if it isnt atleast one of the nominated games....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:35 pm

Call Of Duty will win GOTY as usual :shisha:

anyway next week !!!!
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:39 pm

Anti-DNA wrote:Call Of Duty will win GOTY as usual :shisha:

anyway next week !!!!

The only time COD won GOTY was COD4 and tbf that was the only time they innovated and brought something new to the table so it was understandable......
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:41 am

COD4 didn't bring anything innovative. It was basically COD2 with modern guns.

COD2>COD4.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:41 am

Everyone has got different opinions of what should win GOTY

Anyone here play Just Cause 2?
in my opinion, that was GOTY last year. But you can't please everyone. And it'll be the same this year.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:54 am

Sushi Master wrote:COD4 didn't bring anything innovative. It was basically COD2 with modern guns.

COD2>COD4.

Perks, attachments and Killstreaks were not innovative?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:01 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:COD4 didn't bring anything innovative. It was basically COD2 with modern guns.

COD2>COD4.

I can tell you mostly play on consoles.

Those things were done on PC shooters ages before. COD has the advantage of being mainstream, though.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:09 am

Sushi Master wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

COD2>COD4.

I can tell you mostly play on consoles.

Those things were done on PC shooters ages before. COD has the advantage of being mainstream, though.

Yh lol, iam a complete noob when it comes to PC gaming i wasnt aware of this at all lol......

take back what i said.....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:13 am

No doubt COD4 was a great game, but it really wasn't anything groundbreaking.

But really, what shooter game can be considered groundbreaking nowadays?

They've been done to death.

I'd place Far Cry/Crysis ahead of COD when it comes to innovation. Those big assed maps and working vehicles make me hard.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:18 am

Far Cry was a game changer I agree.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:28 am

Zeal is going to tell me to GTFO, but i dont care what anyone says Gears 1 was groundbreaking there was nothing like it before.......

The way you could move from cover to cover in a shooter such a smoove way was ground breaking and has been copied ever since lol

Unless theres another PC Title that did this before hand lol....

It wasnt groundbreaking in story or anything but in the way it played it was groundbreaking imo......
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:35 am

I agree, actually. Not all games, but a lot of shit adapted that wallhumping simulation. Even RPGs like Mass Effect and Deus Ex.

Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:44 am

Chest high walls :facepalm:

Anyway you could hide behind walls in Metal Gear Solid 1 so I'm not really sure what's so ground breaking here. Maybe it's more falshy now but that just means it's a glorified cut scene.

It's more fun to be in control at all times. Although to Gears's credit their mechanic was very polished and executed well for what it is.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:51 am

Zealous wrote:Chest high walls :facepalm:

Anyway you could hide behind walls in Metal Gear Solid 1 so I'm not really sure what's so ground breaking here. Maybe it's more falshy now but that just means it's a glorified cut scene.

It's more fun to be in control at all times. Although to Gears's credit their mechanic was very polished and executed well for what it is.

Yh but you was'nt nowhere near in control as much as you were in Gears and neither was as smooth cover to cover.....

I suppose you could argue its more a complete and polish system than a groundbreaking system but for years people tried to nail down a cover system for shooters and no one could do it and then Gears came along and everyone copied thier system.....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:00 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Zeal is going to tell me to GTFO, but i dont care what anyone says Gears 1 was groundbreaking there was nothing like it before.......

The way you could move from cover to cover in a shooter such a smoove way was ground breaking and has been copied ever since lol

It wasnt groundbreaking in story or anything but in the way it played it was groundbreaking imo......

Actually, THIS GUY was the first person to implement the ability to move behind cover the way you can in the Gears of War games. Gears of War may have been the first mainstream game to make that feature popular, though Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:03 am

Thimmy wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:Zeal is going to tell me to GTFO, but i dont care what anyone says Gears 1 was groundbreaking there was nothing like it before.......

Actually, THIS GUY was the first person to implement the ability to move behind cover the way you can in the Gears of War games. Gears of War may have been the first mainstream game to make that feature popular, though Smile

What game lol?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:34 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

What game lol?

I don't remember. It was one of the side-projects he was working on after creating Resident Evil 3. Most of those games weren't that successful.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:42 pm

Got it in my mailstop bounce
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:10 pm

Im getting Uncharted 3 maybe later this year or next year, Since Im saving some cash for a big project Very Happy
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum