Juventus Want To Turn A Page By Ousting Alessandro Del Piero, Says Zbigniew Boniek

Go down

Juventus Want To Turn A Page By Ousting Alessandro Del Piero, Says Zbigniew Boniek Empty Juventus Want To Turn A Page By Ousting Alessandro Del Piero, Says Zbigniew Boniek

Post by DeviAngel Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:22 pm

The announcement of Alessandro Del Piero's departure from Juventus at the end of the season has come as a shock to many, but former striker Zbigniew Boniek has told Goal.com the move was always on the cards.

On Tuesday, president Andrea Agnelli revealed the experienced attacker will leave the club at the end of the current campaign.

That decision was met with derisive laughter from former director Luciano Moggi, who slammed Juventus for they way they announced Del Piero's exit.

But Boniek, who played for Juve between 1982 and 1985, feels the club want to move on and create a new cycle by giving the captain the elbow.

"My feelings are that the club want to turn the page with Del Piero without going back on their decision," Boniek told Goal.com.

"By announcing the move now, Agnelli has made his intentions clear, Juventus will not go backwards and offer Del Piero a new deal as soon as he scores two or three goals.

"What surprised me is the way Agnelli revealed the news. In my opinion the club does not want to offer Del Piero any further role, not even as a director.

"I can see a certain jealousy towards Del Piero. He is the symbol and image of Juventus and perhaps his continued presence there could shadow the other directors.

"The club has offered a clear message, they no longer want Del Piero there."

Del Piero joined Juventus from Padova in June 1993 and has since made over 650 official appearances for the Turin side.

============

if thats true than I no longer want them there ! :@ ..

ffs he deserved his place more than Nedved
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down