IrasMaldinista
Ganso
RSA_MILAN4LIFE
IzzyC08
Superpeppe
36 posters

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Give your favorite Milan line up for next year - Page 16 Empty Re: Give your favorite Milan line up for next year

Post by Giancarlo Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:58 pm

Not really.

Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Give your favorite Milan line up for next year - Page 16 Empty Re: Give your favorite Milan line up for next year

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:01 pm

Giancarlo wrote:Not really.

kk so your Italian, but your not an Azzurri fan? I guess not interested on the international stage or jealous about Juve's dominance? Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:06 pm

sciacca wrote:

kk so your Italian, but your not an Azzurri fan? I guess not interested on the international stage or jealous about Juve's dominance? Razz

You don't even know where I'm from.

Why would I be jealous of that? What dominance? OH wait... the continued dominance over 7th-8th place... Rolling Eyes

I guess that's the only thing a Juve fan be proud about! Smile All their mediocre players being called up to a mediocre national team is something to proud about.... right? When will Pazienza be called up for the National Team? I'm just waiting for that.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:58 pm

Giancarlo wrote:
sciacca wrote:

You don't even know where I'm from.

Why would I be jealous of that? What dominance? OH wait... the continued dominance over 7th-8th place... Rolling Eyes

I guess that's the only thing a Juve fan be proud about! Smile All their mediocre players being called up to a mediocre national team is something to proud about.... right? When will Pazienza be called up for the National Team? I'm just waiting for that.

Your name Giancarlo? Thats an Italian name... But whatever, what am to say...

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:27 am

sciacca wrote:

My dad's Italian, but lets just say I'm similar to Mario Gomes or Mauro Camoranesi... but Italian/Spanish. I was born in Spain. I speak Spanish fluently.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:04 am

Giancarlo wrote:
sciacca wrote:

My dad's Italian, but lets just say I'm similar to Mario Gomes or Mauro Camoranesi... but Italian/Spanish. I was born in Spain. I speak Spanish fluently.

Oh alright, now I understand why you don't care much about the Italian national team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:38 am

I care somewhat. But with the way things are going... I just don't see much to hope about. Bad selections, bad formations, low quality players...
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:42 am

Giancarlo wrote:I care somewhat. But with the way things are going... I just don't see much to hope about. Bad selections, bad formations, low quality players...

Debatable about selections, as for formations, completely agree.

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t190p15-italy-starting-xi

This is why...

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:49 am

I'm sorry but I just don't see how current Italian players even come close to German or Spanish players.

The selections just downright sucks. There needs to be representation from other teams, and less from the 7th place team.

That thread really tells me nothing, but dodges the reality that Italy is not the nation it once was. When players like Chiellini, Marchisio, Cassani and Bonucci get called up... I wonder what happened to all the class players? That's right. There aren't any. The days of Maldini, Baresi, and the 2006-Pirlo are long over... and the players that replaced them don't hold up to their predecessors (sorry about naming Chiellini, but it's really quite true).
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:12 am

Who actually is better than Chiellini in Italy? Marchisio... is not even debatable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:18 am

sciacca wrote:Who actually is better than Chiellini in Italy? Marchisio... is not even debatable.

Thiago Silva. Problem. He's not Italian. Marchisio is good, but not great in anything. Better? Cambiasso (at least prior to last season). Another issue. Not Italian either.

You see, that's the problem. Italian players just don't stack up to players of other nationalities. Hence my point: Quality > Nationality.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:26 am

Giancarlo wrote:
sciacca wrote:Who actually is better than Chiellini in Italy? Marchisio... is not even debatable.

Thiago Silva. Problem. He's not Italian. Marchisio is good, but not great in anything. Better? Cambiasso (at least prior to last season). Another issue. Not Italian either.

You see, that's the problem. Italian players just don't stack up to players of other nationalities. Hence my point: Quality > Nationality.

I was talking about only Italian players not Serie A in general.

Underestimating us I guess? Back in 2006 we didn't match up to many teams, and we won for example... Italy are always underrated and are always never contenders, but that's what's great about it. As for us not comparing to others, has nothing to do with skill and talent, it has to do with tactics and strategy. We play as a team, other's don't even compare to what we are even capable of.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:27 am

Giancarlo wrote:

You can't have both ? Remember the good old days in 2002 when Nesta and Maldini featured as CB's for Italy ?
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:33 am

shortage of quality is easily overcome by good coaching and teamwork

both of which italy seem to have at the moment, so I wouldnt be overly worried about them
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:39 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:
You can't have both ? Remember the good old days in 2002 when Nesta and Maldini featured as CB's for Italy ?

Times change. Italy has fallen down tremendously the last few years. The era is done. That's what happens when you base yourself on a midtable team.

AS I said, midtable results. Why on earth would I underestimate a national team based on midtable players? Team work? Team work only goes a certain way when the lack of quality is evident. But then again there wasn't a lack of quality in 2006 or 1994 for that matter. Not like how there is today.

I'm not impressed by the coaching nor the team work.

I predict a group stage knock-out in the Euro 2012 Cup.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:52 am

bhends wrote:shortage of quality is easily overcome by good coaching and teamwork

both of which italy seem to have at the moment, so I wouldnt be overly worried about them

I completely agree.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:54 am

Giancarlo wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

Times change. Italy has fallen down tremendously the last few years. The era is done. That's what happens when you base yourself on a midtable team.

AS I said, midtable results. Why on earth would I underestimate a national team based on midtable players? Team work? Team work only goes a certain way when the lack of quality is evident. But then again there wasn't a lack of quality in 2006 or 1994 for that matter. Not like how there is today.

I'm not impressed by the coaching nor the team work.

I predict a group stage knock-out in the Euro 2012 Cup.

Sure blame selections being from Mid table teams when the top team only rely on foreigners, you wonder why the FIGC limited the NON EU Players right?

Nice prediction, I think otherwise. Results, Talent and Tatics speak for themselves :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:00 am

sciacca wrote:

Sure blame selections being from Mid table teams when the top team only rely on foreigners, you wonder why the FIGC limited the NON EU Players right?

Nice prediction, I think otherwise. Results, Talent and Tatics speak for themselves :coffee:

And what does the limiting of Non-EU players accomplish? Huh?

You're quick to blame foreigners... hmm.... :coffee:

But you forgot about the rest of the nations in the European Nation... and how Juventus is chasing players who don't sound very Italian to me. You may have got a 32 year old Pirlo and a 28 year old... who? But they aren't quality. Lichtsteiner, Aguero, Inler... none of them are Italians.

What talent? What results? Beating Estonia and being called Barcelona-like because of it?

The limiting of non-EU players doesn't accomplish anything.

Our players acquired during the summer: Boateng (German Passport), Ibra (Swedish passport), Robinho (Spanish passport I believe).

We didn't even use our non-EU spot. The rule doesn't do anything to help Italian players... who aren't quality enough to begin with. Inter tried with Ranocchia, but what a flop that kid was.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:18 am

Giancarlo wrote:
sciacca wrote:

And what does the limiting of Non-EU players accomplish? Huh?

You're quick to blame foreigners... hmm.... :coffee:

But you forgot about the rest of the nations in the European Nation... and how Juventus is chasing players who don't sound very Italian to me. You may have got a 32 year old Pirlo and a 28 year old... who? But they aren't quality. Lichtsteiner, Aguero, Inler... none of them are Italians.

What talent? What results? Beating Estonia and being called Barcelona-like because of it?

The limiting of non-EU players doesn't accomplish anything.

Our players acquired during the summer: Boateng (German Passport), Ibra (Swedish passport), Robinho (Spanish passport I believe).

We didn't even use our non-EU spot. The rule doesn't do anything to help Italian players... who aren't quality enough to begin with. Inter tried with Ranocchia, but what a flop that kid was.

The whole reason for that NON EU rule was that less Italians were being used. So I'm not quick to blame, that's how it's always been. What did it accomplish? Hmm let's see. Inter who had hardly any Italian, already have Ranocchia, Pazzini and Motta. And more of them are yet to come. The whole point is that top clubs can also rely on Italian players now. What is this the English Premier League? Where most of your league is run by foreign owners, managed by foreign coaches and the league based with mostly foreign players. This is Serie A, where 60% of the whole league is Italian and depend most of it's pride on Italian coaches and owners. We have our own game, our own system, and we call it the Italian style, where we've always succeeded with mostly Italians players and managers.

In the last market including the winter we signed 11 Italian players. 1 foreigner, whats your point? He's just going to add more quality and by the way, were close to Rossi too making him another Italian player... Didn't we just sign Pazienza and Pirlo? Two Italians? And for now, only Two Swiss internationals, I still don't see your point here. So out of maybe 20 signings only 3 are foreign? I like your conclusion and how you points are not making any sense. Inler is not coming to Juventus, Aguero is not even a certainty.

What talent? Oh my what talent? Yes Giancarlo? What talent? What results? What tactics? My oh my, what are we following these days. Alright let me explain. Comparing from both the 2008 Euro squad, who by the way could of beat Spain however went either way and Lippi's shit squad in 2010 and compare it with now, as of now this squad already beats both of them combined. So, in addition you have the likes of Cassano's, Italy's current top play maker who is also considered one of the best in the world, Pato: "He plays like a Brazilian". You got the likes of Balotelli who is the best U20 Striker in Italy this decade, who is only 21 and we all know his talent, you got Rossi who is currently on fire with the national team and in La Liga, 31 goals in 55 apps in all competitions, you got Pazzini and Matri who are doing fantastic with both clubs, both great prima punta's and finishers and the list goes on for the strikers. As for results, they speak for themselves. Undefeated in the group stage already means a lot. The reason why they refereed to Barcalona has to do with the fact that we played the same way as them, relying on two small strikers and dominating with possession. Which ofcourse worked up until this point and it keeps getting better. So not only are the results showing it, but even our progression in our rebuild.

What a flop Ranocchia was? Oh please. He did much better than what Samuel could of done. His performances against Bayern for example were exceptional. Experts call him the next Nesta for a reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:29 am

sciacca wrote:

The whole reason for that NON EU rule was that less Italians were being used. So I'm not quick to blame, that's how it's always been. What did it accomplish? Hmm let's see. Inter who had hardly any Italian, already have Ranocchia, Pazzini and Motta. And more of them are yet to come. The whole point is that top clubs can also rely on Italian players now. What is this the English Premier League? Where most of your league is run by foreign owners, managed by foreign coaches and the league based with mostly foreign players. This is Serie A, where 60% of the whole league is Italian and depend most of it's pride on Italian coaches and owners. We have our own game, our own system, and we call it the Italian style, where we've always succeeded with mostly Italians players and managers.

I don't care for "reasons". I care for unintended consequences and reality. Those rules can get around. And Thiago Motta is more Brazilian then Italian. Ranocchia is a flop. In Argentina for example, Argentines always try to get Italian passports... this is the case in Brazil to a smaller degree (but still possible)... one Brazilian I know has a German passport. Italian players are no longer quality enough to play in the top 3-4... Ranocchia is a flop, Thiago Motta may be on his way out... and Eto'o consistently outshines Pazzini.

I'm an AC Milan fan and we have our style independent of Juventus or Roma. We will focus on quality over nationality.

In the last market including the winter we signed 11 Italian players. 1 foreigner, whats your point? He's just going to add more quality and by the way, were close to Rossi too making him another Italian player... Didn't we just sign Pazienza and Pirlo? Two Italians? And for now, only Two Swiss internationals, I still don't see your point here. So out of maybe 20 signings only 3 are foreign? I like your conclusion and how you points are not making any sense. Inler is not coming to Juventus, Aguero is not even a certainty.

And none of them were great. Mostly mediocrity. Simone Pepe, Marco Motta were two examples... 11 signings, and where did they exactly get you? And don't forget to include the now gone Cannavaro, and Fabio Grosso.

Pazienza isn't called up for International Duty (and I certainly hope he never is).

Alright let me explain. Comparing from both the 2008 Euro squad, who by the way could of beat Spain however went either way and Lippi's shit squad in 2010 and compare it with now, as of now this squad already beats both of them combined. So, in addition you have the likes of Cassano's, Italy's current top play maker who is also considered one of the best in the world, Pato: "He plays like a Brazilian". You got the likes of Balotelli who is the best U20 Striker in Italy this decade, who is only 21 and we all know his talent, you got Rossi who is currently on fire with the national team and in La Liga, 31 goals in 55 apps in all competitions, you got Pazzini and Matri who are doing fantastic with both clubs, both great prima punta's and finishers and the list goes on for the strikers. As for results, they speak for themselves. Undefeated in the group stage already means a lot. The reason why they refereed to Barcalona has to do with the fact that we played the same way as them, relying on two small strikers and dominating with possession. Which ofcourse worked up until this point and it keeps getting better. So not only are the results showing it, but even our progression in our rebuild.

The problem with this entire rant is it's based on inaccuracy. Stop speaking in hypothetical. Spain should have won that match outright (in normal time)... perhaps Pirlo would have made a difference (I'm sure he would have), but the problem is Pirlo is 32 years old now. Cassano is almost 29 years old... Balotelli hasn't done anything the past few seasons... and frankly has more attitude problems then Cassano did when he was younger. Giuseppe Rossi? He shines more at the club level then the national level. These players don't really stack up with players from say the Spanish national team.

The opposition was terrible. It was freaking Estonia. Comparing the Italian national team to Barcelona is a travesty, and I'm not even a Barcelona fan. I can't stand their fans honestly (I don't really like fans from either Barcelona or Real Madrid). You don't even have the quality to touch Barcelona, or the Spanish National Team for that matter. It may have been 0-0 in the Euro 2008 (and went to penalties), but these days I could see Spain putting 2 or 3 goals pass the inept Italian defense.

This Italy team always seems to have possession in games, but has very little end product and even less quality in the final third.

What a flop Ranocchia was? Oh please. He did much better than what Samuel could of done. His performances against Bayern for example were exceptional. Experts call him the next Nesta for a reason.

And his performances against 11th place Schalke were just beautiful weren't they? affraid He is NOT the next Nesta. That's completely wrong.

Last edited by Giancarlo on Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:33 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:48 am

Haha Inter XI

Brazil
Japan - Argentina - Brazil - Argentina
Argentina - Argentina
Macedonia - Netherlands - Cameroon
Italy

Very Italian.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:04 am

Giancarlo wrote:

I don't care for "reasons". I care for unintended consequences and reality. Those rules can get around. And Thiago Motta is more Brazilian then Italian. Ranocchia is a flop. In Argentina for example, Argentines always try to get Italian passports... this is the case in Brazil to a smaller degree (but still possible)... one Brazilian I know has a German passport. Italian players are no longer quality enough to play in the top 3-4... Ranocchia is a flop, Thiago Motta may be on his way out... and Eto'o consistently outshines Pazzini.

I'm an AC Milan fan and we have our style independent of Juventus or Roma. We will focus on quality over nationality.

And none of them were great. Mostly mediocrity. Simone Pepe, Marco Motta were two examples... 11 signings, and where did they exactly get you? And don't forget to include the now gone Cannavaro, and Fabio Grosso.

Pazienza isn't called up for International Duty (and I certainly hope he never is).

The problem with this entire rant is it's based on inaccuracy. Stop speaking in hypothetical. Spain should have won that match outright (in normal time)... perhaps Pirlo would have made a difference (I'm sure he would have), but the problem is Pirlo is 32 years old now. Cassano is almost 29 years old... Balotelli hasn't done anything the past few seasons... and frankly has more attitude problems then Cassano did when he was younger. Giuseppe Rossi? He shines more at the club level then the national level. These players don't really stack up with players from say the Spanish national team.

The opposition was terrible. It was freaking Estonia. Comparing the Italian national team to Barcelona is a travesty, and I'm not even a Barcelona fan. I can't stand their fans honestly (I don't really like fans from either Barcelona or Real Madrid). You don't even have the quality to touch Barcelona, or the Spanish National Team for that matter. It may have been 0-0 in the Euro 2008 (and went to penalties), but these days I could see Spain putting 2 or 3 goals pass the inept Italian defense.

This Italy team always seems to have possession in games, but has very little end product and even less quality in the final third.

I know the rule is not the best thing, it's like we can go on now and not allow any foreigner in, it prevents some way. Yes there are loop holes and players get EU passports, however it's practically normal because they need to live there as well. I don't care if your more than Italian, he has blood and origins. That's what counts in my book, and he has no problems representing the national team, unlike Amauri who made us wait until he found out Brazil snubbed him. Now say what you want about Ranocchia, but hell he is not a flop, now your being biased without any doubts about him. He has been average at best. So then according to your statement about Italian in top clubs, it means Abate can't play with a top club? I see.

And do so, me I will stick with my pride that I have with my club and dedicate it to Ital Juve. Dominance with Italians, in the past and still presently. We've been successful at it and sooner or later we will again. Wonder why I have my sig like this don't you?

I hate Pepe like the next person, but he's a bench player. Not a starter for crying out loud, so your point of us depending a lot on Pepe is none sense. Yes he is Italian and we don't use him much, however he's still part of the squad who plays an important factor to our team because of his work rate and the way he fits tactically in the system. Mind you that Motta was Italy's U21 captain for a reason, he was actually a top RB last season in Roma, his flop has to do with him not dealing with the pressure right. Anyways, he's going to be sold, we bought him for profit, he's heading to Malaga so... I don't see your point once again. Interesting point you brought out about the players we signed. Well the problem is, not that we didn't sign foreign players, but we bought the wrong players. For example, giving away Giovinco for Lanzafame. These type of signings. Add in the coach who had no idea how to freaking change the formation when need be, but thats why were still in 7th. As for this market, were still adding Italians with one top foreign player. Ziegler is replacing another foreign named Traroe, and he was free. Lich is replacing Soreson who is not going to be with us anymore and yet again another Foregn. So were not actually adding any foreginers, were just replacing those we already had. And your point about Pazienza, he's not meant to start, we have Marchisio, Melo and Sissoko ahead of him. He's just there to add depth, once again, your point not making any sense.

It just goes to show you don't even know how football works in Italy, your statement of saying, 'they should of won' in normal time. Very bold, anyways, we set out a 4-4-2 playing the way we are masters at that is defending and depending on to go on the counter. We had our chances, you had yours, but no surprise Spain couldn't score, why? Were just to damn good with our tactics. Ofcourse, shootours arrive, so that goes either way. Cassano being 29, still has 4 years in him, Balotelli has all the talent in the world, has done a lot, he just came from winning the Scudetto, and now the FA Cup, in which he was named the best player of the game in that final. Rossi has scored 3 goals in his last 4 apps with the national team, so how isn't he doing nothing for us in the international stage? And ofcourse we don't stack to the Spain, is another world right now, we are night even close to them. I never said such a thing to conclude to that point.

Yet again, the comparison has nothing to do of how good both teams are, it had to to do with the style of play. Like I said, two small players, dominating possession exactly what Barca does. Anyways their fans are all glory hunters, I just hope you weren't an Azzurri fan back in 06 and then shifted to Spain just because of the glory. Giancarlo why do you keep saying Spain and Barca are better? OFCOURSE THEY ARE, IM NOT DENYING THAT...............

Well that's why were improving my friend, this is coming from a rebuild where our last tournament when down the pits, were still discovering who we are, and were doing it great, winning games, and getting the results we need. Give it more years, where the likes of Poli and Diego Fabbrini come to play then you will see.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:06 am

Brigate Rossonere wrote:Haha Inter XI

Brazil
Japan - Argentina - Brazil - Argentina
Argentina - Argentina
Macedonia - Netherlands - Cameroon
Italy

Very Italian.

Umm...Thiago Motta ? Ranocchia ? You're forgetting them, though that is no excuse for Inter.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:07 am

sciacca wrote:
I know the rule is not the best thing, it's like we can go on now and not allow any foreigner in, it prevents some way. Yes there are loop holes and players get EU passports, however it's practically normal because they need to live there as well. I don't care if your more than Italian, he has blood and origins. That's what counts in my book, and he has no problems representing the national team, unlike Amauri who made us wait until he found out Brazil snubbed him. Now say what you want about Ranocchia, but hell he is not a flop, now your being biased without any doubts about him. He has been average at best. So then according to your statement about Italian in top clubs, it means Abate can't play with a top club? I see.

The problem with this entire concept is that it damages Serie A teams. Serie A teams no longer can compete with Premier League or La liga teams in Europe lets be honest. That's my final point on this matter. You can turn this around however you want, but it's none of my concern. I've had enough of this thread derailing.

And do so, me I will stick with my pride that I have with my club and dedicate it to Ital Juve. Dominance with Italians, in the past and still presently. We've been successful at it and sooner or later we will again. Wonder why I have my sig like this don't you?

Good for you. Continue dominating 7th or 8th spot.

As far as the Italian National Team improving... I'll have to see more to be convinced because I'm far from convinced. Prandelli is nothing more than average in my book.

And BTW, I wasn't an Italy fan back in 2006. Way to question my integrity. I was following Spain in that world cup too, and had quite a bit of heart break. I was happy for Italy, but was sad that world cup. I backed Spain in the 2010 World cup... and didn't lose confidence after the first game against Switzerland. Even followed Spain back in 2002 when the injustice happened, and Hierro was still playing... my team is Spain. And if I was a professional player, I'd pick Spain. Like I did with my EU Spanish passport.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:18 am

bhends wrote:shortage of quality is easily overcome by good coaching and teamwork

This. How do you think Manchester United can be such a brilliant team? Italy's strengths are actually somewhat similar to United's, save for wing play, and there's no reason why an Italian team can't excel or why Italian players can't be of benefit to a Champions League side.

Also the non-EU rule is useless and doesn't encourage playing Italians at all. Beyond the very obvious flaw that Italy is not the only nation in the EU, no limits are set for players transferring within Italy. Thus instead of trusting Ganso I might trust Pastore and develop him at Milan. I'm having trouble bringing in a centre-back? No worries, I can attain Zapata or Silvestre.

The only way to improve Italian soccer is to follow the example of the Bundesliga and that requires hard work, patience and sacrifice. The results however are absolutely amazing.

Now, sorry to spoil all of your fun, but create a thread in the Serie A section or get back on topic. We're not here to discuss how Italian AC Milan is unless it is creating a realistic formation or road-map for the coming season.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:21 am

Giancarlo wrote:

The problem with this entire concept is that it damages Serie A teams. Serie A teams no longer can compete with Premier League or La liga teams in Europe lets be honest. That's my final point on this matter. You can turn this around however you want, but it's none of my concern. I've had enough of this thread derailing

Good for you. Continue dominating 7th or 8th spot.

As far as the Italian National Team improving... I'll have to see more to be convinced because I'm far from convinced. Prandelli is nothing more than average in my book.

And BTW, I wasn't an Italy fan back in 2006. Way to question my integrity. I was following Spain in that world cup too, and had quite a bit of heart break. I was happy for Italy, but was sad that world cup. I backed Spain in the 2010 World cup... and didn't lose confidence after the first game against Switzerland. Even followed Spain back in 2002 when the injustice happened, and Hierro was still playing... my team is Spain. And if I was a professional player, I'd pick Spain. Like I did with my EU Spanish passport.

lol, well how can you say that? Inter just finished winning every trophy last season. In the past 5 years two clubs have won the CL. When you want to compete you need money and guess what when you compare that to La Liga who only rely on two clubs of course, Madrid and Barca are filled with money. Meaning if you want to be as competitive as them that will be highly impossible, dosen't mean any of our clubs can't beat them, but were talking in reality player for player. Oh please, most EPL teams go far, but never win, Chelsea for example LMAO. But fine, I agree, if we want to be even more competitve we should rely more on foreigners... in some sense. However the beauty of Seire A as Marcello Lippi said, it's filled with it's own kind, unlike the other leagues.

As for the national team, they've already claimed were far off from what they even expected us to be at this moment. Not only did we come off from a bad period, we are rebuilding, trying to rediscover who we are. Yes repeating myself, however the point is, even in this situation we manage to go unbeaten and yet when we do discover who we are and how good this team is then you will see. Don't forget Italy are never considered contenders, but find ways always to impress or win.

I never questioned you, I said 'I hope', meaning I just hope you weren't one of those. I never directly said you were or even questioned you about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next