billionmillion
guest7
Albiceleste
The Madrid One
Nirgall
28 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is Higuain technically lacking? Empty Is Higuain technically lacking?

Post by Nirgall Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:16 am

Many people nowadays seem to have the notion that Higuain is a poacher without the ability to create chances and i find that to be so strange since only a few years ago people used to criticize him for being a useful creator but a rather inefficient goal scorer.

Obviously Gonzalo's shoot/goal ratio has greatly increased, but his technique has not decreased. Since his early Real madrid matches you could see the distribution of his skill set. His first touch was always sporadically bad, and his running does at times seem clumsy, but that doesn't solely constitute technical skill. Passing, Crossing, long shooting, heading and directed control are also technique and I feel he is above average at all of those.

In general terms I see him as complete striker. One that can be a threat through speed, strength, positioning and even skill.
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Is Higuain technically lacking? Empty Re: Is Higuain technically lacking?

Post by The Madrid One Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:24 am

i think hes limited in the fact that he isnt technically gifted with the ball per say, when it comes to dribbling and such

hes an authentic, heavy fast, reliable goal scoring machine, he assisits, he does everything, he is the complete striker id have to say, not the complete centre forward, but complete striker.

id still rather see benzema against barcelona though, wanna watch that inter change of positions between benzema, ronaldo, and ozil.

i hope we keep both because we have in higuain one of the top strikers in the world imo
and in benzema a top centre forward
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:30 am

:coffee:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:31 am

actually if it doesnt bother you guys, ive made a few higuain videos, he is very composed, WORLD CLASS WITHOUT A DOUBT.

The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:50 am

Zealous showed some videos where Higuain creates goals for himself (by dribbling)
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:28 am

Whoever says that is a dumb. higuain is one the most technical players his first touch is better than anyone in madrid except maybe ozil benzema. his last goals for argentina was example how good is his first touch
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:30 am

First touch Exhibit A:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:43 am

He has great technical ability more so than the real poachers like Pippo Inzaghi and Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

In his first season at Real he did play out wide if i remember correctly.So he is not limited technically but in these past few years he is more sort of adapted to the role of a poacher where you would see less of the ball as opposed to an SS or as a false 9 hence some of them have come to that sort of conclusion.

But he surely does possess the instincts of a poacher as well.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:03 am

Surag.Blueguy wrote:He has great technical ability more so than the real poachers like Pippo Inzaghi and Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

In his first season at Real he did play out wide if i remember correctly.So he is not limited technically but in these past few years he is more sort of adapted to the role of a poacher where you would see less of the ball as opposed to an SS or as a false 9 hence some of them have come to that sort of conclusion.

Thumbs up

Yea agree. He has accepted the poacher role in recent years but he does have a fair share of technichal ability.He is a somewhat complete striker , though he dosen't look very refined in a few key areas such as dribbling,final third passing . That being said he has well proven that he can create his own goals and goals for others over the years.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:08 am

billionmillion wrote:Whoever says that is a dumb. higuain is one the most technical players his first touch is better than anyone in madrid except maybe ozil benzema. his last goals for argentina was example how good is his first touch

no related to the topic but ronaldo has the best first touch in our team.. at least imo if u see all his matches.. higuain does have a good first touch but does botch it up sometimes with his subsequent touches.. but his rounding the keeper is just class
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:41 am

I think the comparison that has resulted in him receiving stick over his technical deficiencies has a lot to do with Benzema. His technique is great, but Benzema's is slightly better.

Having said that, there is a sh!tload of qualities that Higuain possesses that Benzema does not so it evens out. Like just the other day I realised that Higuain has a very deceptive turn of pace that he uses to great effect to get past defenders

He will chill the ball down to a complete stop and then *BANG!* he'll be gone. The guy certainly can shift over the first 5 yards, that how he creates so much space for himself in the box.

Benz on the other hand attempts methods to outsmart the defender rather.. or somehow wangle away the slightest angle to place a delicate finish.

Both commendable styles of play. Higuain does not lack in technique.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:27 pm

Every style requires technique and, since Higuain excels at his style, he has great technique for it. Technique is just too general a term though.... too many components to it.

Higuain gets criticized for relying too much on one style as opposed to being able to play several styles effectively. Just like Benz gets criticized for lacking some poaching technique.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:45 pm

diptiman wrote:no related to the topic but ronaldo has the best first touch in our team.. at least imo if u see all his matches.. higuain does have a good first touch but does botch it up sometimes with his subsequent touches.. but his rounding the keeper is just class
Cristiano's first touch is kinda average imo.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:27 pm

diptiman wrote:
billionmillion wrote:Whoever says that is a dumb. higuain is one the most technical players his first touch is better than anyone in madrid except maybe ozil benzema. his last goals for argentina was example how good is his first touch

no related to the topic but ronaldo has the best first touch in our team.. at least imo if u see all his matches.. higuain does have a good first touch but does botch it up sometimes with his subsequent touches.. but his rounding the keeper is just class

:facepalm:
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:57 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:
diptiman wrote:no related to the topic but ronaldo has the best first touch in our team.. at least imo if u see all his matches.. higuain does have a good first touch but does botch it up sometimes with his subsequent touches.. but his rounding the keeper is just class
Cristiano's first touch is kinda average imo.

somehow whenever i see him , his first touch is really good and specially when he brings those aerial balls down.. in my personal opinion his first touch is really good and he can do those finesse first touches from time to time while linking up with marcelo.. thats entertaining to watch
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:42 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:He has great technical ability more so than the real poachers like Pippo Inzaghi and Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

I'm sorry but this is bs, just because RVN had good in the box instinct doesn't mean he was technically lacking. RVN is one of the best technical strikers I have ever seen. You can tell the people that havent watched him play regularly. Higuain is not in his league tbh, and will probably never be.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:46 pm

He's actually the poacher with best technical skills. Yeah, he played out wide in his early days and that must have something to do with it.

They're not GREAT or anything, but they are good.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:50 pm

Higuain has the first touch of a rapist and the ball control of a two dollar hooker.

RJFTW
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:58 pm

Zealous wrote:Higuain has the first touch of a rapist and the ball control of a two dollar hooker.

RJFTW

Glad to see it catching on... Cool
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:04 pm

Not proven in EPL, no glory for national team haha I'm joking!!!

Great striker probably the best ATM, well maybe Gomez too! Higuain is playing great and scoring lots. I think he does have technique, because you can't be this good without technique, his movement and finishing are techniques that he excels at. I hope Messi and higuain can become a force in the national team it would be great to watch.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:13 pm

"And I did not get it wrong! Now he is an extremely complete No. 9, with great pace, aerial ability, excellent technique and with the talent to score with both feet. I hope he can keep up his current form."

Crespo on Higuain

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:07 pm

jibers wrote:

I'm sorry but this is bs, just because RVN had good in the box instinct doesn't mean he was technically lacking. RVN is one of the best technical strikers I have ever seen. You can tell the people that havent watched him play regularly. Higuain is not in his league tbh, and will probably never be.

Nope.Van Nistelrooy was technically limited as far as i am concerned.This is not any sort of ludicrous claim as i have watched him regularly.But he really has a good first touch ,that i can give it to you.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:36 pm

He is not a pure poacher, everyone knows that. he's known for being smart in front of the goal so when he scores tap ins people thinks he's just a poacher. if you actually watch him more you'll see that he can create for himself and others.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:51 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
jibers wrote:

Nope.Van Nistelrooy was technically limited as far as i am concerned.This is not any sort of ludicrous claim as i have watched him regularly.But he really has a good first touch ,that i can give it to you.

The word technical is being thrown around far too much here, what do you mean, first otuc, close control, shooting, passing? Val nisteroy had great first touch, was a good dribbler and was an above avergae passer. He is dutch, most dutch strikers are great with the ball.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:03 pm

jibers wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:
jibers wrote:

The word technical is being thrown around far too much here, what do you mean, first otuc, close control, shooting, passing? Val nisteroy had great first touch, was a good dribbler and was an above avergae passer. He is dutch, most dutch strikers are great with the ball.

Yup his first touch was great as i've admitted it.

Close Control and Dribbling ?Those were the average attributes of his.Hardly ever seen him dribble past opponents.

He is an ok passer for me.not beyond that.

Maybe limited was the not the best word to use ,but he was technically above average you could say.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next