jibers
billy_gr
BarcaKizz
alexjanosik
Khaled
54 posters

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

El Maestro: Xavier Hernández Creus - Page 10 Empty Re: El Maestro: Xavier Hernández Creus

Post by The Franchise Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:25 pm

I think there is a middle ground between not standing in their and being taken for a ride time and time again.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

El Maestro: Xavier Hernández Creus - Page 10 Empty Re: El Maestro: Xavier Hernández Creus

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:57 am

From what I read Enrique and Bart convinced Xavi to stay for another season.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:04 am

he's probably going to retire in the club is what i keep hearing, i mean his contract ends when he's going to be 36...

Rumor is Enrique convinced him to stay AND accept not to be a starter
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:13 am

Xavi was on the verge of leaving Camp Nou after Enrique initially indicated the 34-year-old could only expect a bit-part role this season.

However, a deal to Qatar or the MLS seem to have fallen through and Xavi, who reported back for pre-season two weeks ago, has now proved his qualities during the Blaugrana’s 1-1 stalemate.

"The result interests me the least", Enrique told Marca after the game.

"We need these matches to see where each player is and so we can inform each of them where they must improve.

"Xavi can last one, two, three more years.It'll depend on his mental strength more than anything else.

“He has decided to stay here and I'm delighted. Everyone tells me they think Xavi is performing at a high level; I think he always has.”

The playmaker, who has been playing for the Blaugrana for 16 years, has still two years remaining at Camp Nou.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:23 pm

Latest interview, here:

http://www.espnfc.us/#club/barcelona/83/blog/post/1973268/xavi-spain-retirement-and-barcelona-implications

Says he is ready to take whatever role, and won't make a face if not picked regurlaly. He just wants to help when he can. Also announces his retirement from Spain

Dude is absolute class. I hope some of his game rubs off on our mids

Last edited by windkick on Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:26 pm

Barca legend, CM legend, Spain legend.

All while being a class gentleman on and off the field.

Xavi :bow: I am so grateful I've gotten to watch him, and I'm grateful I still will be able to for the next 2 years.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:55 pm

Select members here (myself included) been asking for his retirement from Spain for 2 season, longer maybe. Glad its happened now at least, while he is still our player.

Wont sing his praises just yet, because I dont want to talk about him like its all over. Still got something left I am without doubt.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:42 am

Please tell me he's atleast taking a paycut?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:44 am

prob not he's gonna keep his contract and prob retire when it's up
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:55 am

And why should he?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:56 pm

Absolute class.Shows why he is the leader of the team.
What a player and what a legend.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:59 pm

Harmonica wrote:Please tell me he's atleast taking a paycut?

There are a few players who should take a pay cut but Xavi isnt one of them.
Should probably start with the blackmailing,manipulating,arrogant punk who thinks he is above the club.
After all Xavi isnt the one who manipulated and blackmailed the club into giving him an undeserved contract.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:01 pm

At 35 he runs more than players who are 10 years younger than him.  Laughing 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:36 pm

Harmonica wrote:Please tell me he's atleast taking a paycut?

Possibly the worst post I've ever read.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:23 pm

La Liga Passes Assists

09-10 2852 14
10-11 3411 7
11-12 2909 7
12-13 2886 8
13-14 2586 2

How much is he getting per side pass this year?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:04 pm

Apples to oranges. Before he was making passes to a Villa and Pedro that made great diagonal runs. Last season he had Neymar and Pivotedro
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:04 pm

Should get 25 off for disrespect to Xavi

Calling yourself a Barca fan rofl
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:47 pm

Is he staying with you guys?

Thought he was thinking of getting one last payday somewhere else before hangin 'em.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:10 am

Xavi wrote: "I'm here for whatever. I won't pull any faces and will look to add where I can."

Xavi wrote:"I am available and feel like I did as a kid starting out. At the end of the season I think we will have achieved lots of things,"

He's staying with us James Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:02 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Apples to oranges. Before he was making passes to a Villa and Pedro that made great diagonal runs. Last season he had Neymar and Pivotedro
Yeah not really, plenty of runs, just scared of pulling a forward pass. When you start to be afraid to be progressive, you make the team, including forwards stale. He has become a caricature of himself.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:08 pm

I think you should show us some more stats.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:00 pm

Barcelona captain Xavi insists that he can play a prominent role during Luis Enrique's first season in charge at Camp Nou.

The experienced midfielder had been linked to a move away from Camp Nou this summer, but decided to see out the remaining two years of his contract at the club and has been named captain of the Blaugrana this term.

Xavi, who retired from international football after the World Cup, is set to embark on his 17th season in the first team, where he has won seven Liga titles and three Champions League crowns.

He is determined to prove that, at the age of 34, he still has what it takes to play at the highest level, with his former teammate now at the helm.

"My time with the national team has ended and now I'm concentrating on my only objective, which is Barca," Xavi said. "I am ferociously competitive. I'll work hard to be useful. I'm more motivated than on my first day because I like what I'm seeing.

"I'm working hard to carry on being important. The coach makes the decisions but I'm ready for anything and will accept any situation."

The midfielder has also outlined the club's ambition this term, saying: "We want to win at least one title."

Ivan Rakitic's arrival adds even more quality to the already-strong midfield at Luis Enrique's disposal, with the former Barca great also signing the likes of Thomas Vermaelen, Jeremy Mathieu, Luis Suarez and Oscar Bravo in recent months.

Xavi maintains that the level of competition will prove a positive for the club this year.

"It's good for the team, we all have to be ready because it's a long season," he added. "Everyone here has extraordinary quality. We've signed very good players both at a football and personal level. The human level is the most outstanding in recent years.

"Co-existence and harmony are fantastic. Results will tell the story but we're starting from the basis that this is a fantastic group."
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:59 pm

El Maestro: Xavier Hernández Creus - Page 10 Tumblr_lxt87ikEpA1qfeupwo1_400-975600

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:13 pm

All tho we maybe a little biased, but is Xavi the best centre midfielder ever?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vicente del Bosque says Spain will struggle to find another player like Xavi after the midfielder announced his retirement from international football on Tuesday.

The Catalan won back-to-back European Championships with La Roja in 2008 and 2012, as well as the World Cup in 2010, and was considered the heartbeat of the most successful international team in history.

"I would like to show my recognition to a fantastic player," Spain boss Del Bosque stated. "We have lost a unique player in the national team and it will be difficult to find another one like him."

The former Real Madrid boss added that La Roja had lost the key component in the Tika Taka style that Xavi had played such an integral role in developing at Barcelona and then adapting for the national team.

"Xavi has been key in Spain's style and in all the success achieved," Del Bosque acknowledged. "We'll miss him so much on and off the pitch."

Xavi made 70 of his 113 Spain appearances under Del Bosque and he feels the midfielder should be remembered as much for the class and leadership he exhibited off the field as on it.

"He has given us great support in the dressing room over the last six years," the 63-year-old trainer added.

"He's a player for whom we have so much personal affection - but also affection in terms of football.

"We all agree that Xavi is so important for us - even more important than the coach. He'll always be appreciated by the [Spanish Football] Federation, by the coach and by the national team."
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:30 pm

Tell me a better one?

Centermid...not 10, not attacking midfielder, not trequartista, nor regista, not defensive mid..centermid?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:02 am

I surely can't name. Even as a midfield in general Xavi is up there for me as one of the best and unique.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next