Vibe
ÖMARz
Mr Nick09
54 posters

Page 34 of 37 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Go down

The Walking Dead - Page 34 Empty Re: The Walking Dead

Post by nichabr Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:51 pm

It's so funny that they all can take the time to cut down trees to get that wood but they can't gather some flammable materials and line the outside of the fence with it then light it if their is too much walkers...or even make a few Molotov's to spice things up.

Or they could have used the same logic they did for the gate and build some of the spike walls on the inside if their was ever an incident.

They are a large group with a world full of useless junk they could put to use.

nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:06 pm

I agree with that

If I was hell bent on making an area my own, i'd have proper cast iron fences and after setting up things such as a small farm and getting a water supply, i'd have the ENTIRE group working to build the sort of barriers than no amount of Zombies can break

They spent like 6 months in the prison, would it be THAT hard with all those able bodied people to get hold of proper barriers?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:32 pm

The first 20 minutes of the episode was a drag, it was basically watching an old cripple give lessons on how to treat sick people. But last 20 mins was pretty awesome.

I just hope they don't drag the Governor's plot too long. I say just kill him in the next episode and be done with it. They should've already finished this plot at the end of season 3.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:20 am

What was the young girl trying to do luring the zombie like a dog? hmm 

I think that we'd keep seeing the governor until the finale where I expect the group to either forced to move out of the prison and/or encounter new foes (possibly humans)
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:34 am

@Tomwin Lannister wrote:

I imagine they don't shoot them before they breach the wall to conserve ammo, plus the noise could potentially attract more zombies anyway.

As for burning them alive, not sure what you mean. How could they successfully get the oil on to every single Zombie and also make sure they can ignite all of the zombies? And i'm pretty sure in doing so they'd eventually deplete their oil supply to the point they can no longer drive to get the supplies that they need. And you need to destroy the zombies
Maggie said: "there are more walkers than when they almost put the fence down". They knew it was a crisis, and instead of shooting them they decided to put some logs!

You don't need to get oil on every single zombie, you just need to get it on some so the pressure on the fence diminishes. Plus, the zombies are close so it will spread. They've burnt zombies in previous episodes (when they are at Hershel's farm) so it seems they can be killed by burning them, after a while fire gets to their brain.

@Soul wrote:What was the young girl trying to do luring the zombie like a dog? hmm 
Forgot about that, that was kinda stupid too, but at least she is a little crazy girl and she did something.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:14 am

Great ending....

Governor back!!!! Thumbs up
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:55 pm

The Zombies are useless in this show. Even when the zombies swarm the place, it's anti climatic because of the way the characters easily dispose of them.

You never get the feeling that these character's lives are in danger whenever they are confronted by zombies. I mean, the way Rick and Carl were killing the zombies with those machine guns, they made it look too easy.

/rant.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:19 pm

The best depiction of the walkers posing a big threat to the group was on the farm when Andrea got separated from the group.

That was epic. I really felt the fear and emotion there.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:26 pm

Well realistically if you had an insane amount of bullets and a fully automatic rifle then you're not going to have too bad of a time. But no doubt that was a last case scenario and they will be low on bullets because of it.

Tbf Zombies do pose a main threat, nearly every time we've seen a few zombies in this season somebody has been killed.

But yeah the main characters aren't going to be in awful danger, but like every programme in the history of television the main characters don't all get randomly killed off. Nobody would want to watch it in the long run.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:39 pm

What do you guys feel was the most intense moment of the show? Where you felt the most emotion...

I personally feel the most intense moment was back at the farm when the group just arrived and started to settle. When they found out the shack was full of walkers. And when Shane just went crazy, opened the doors and fired on the walkers. I just couldn't breathe at that moment. And then if it wasn't enough, Rick came and delivered the final bullet.

Everybody just stood there in total silence, Hershel totally distraughted... That was amazing.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:45 pm

^That, the pilot, Rick hallucinating Shane with a shotgun.

The highest on my list in the mid-season finale in season 3. Had me shaking and almost on my knees.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:59 pm

There are far far too many moments. Can't remember all of them sadly.

Season 1 when Rick got locked inside the tank with Zombies surrounding and eating that horse. As it was a new show, my only thought was that Rick would try to start the tank and move it if it was possible. Was one of the best scenes in season 1

Rick Vs Shane scene towards the end of season 2. Best friend vs Best friend. Moral vs immoral. A different ideology of two men who both wanted the same thing in a way.

Mid season finale of season 3 obviously.

Herd of walkers in season 2 when they had to hide beneath the cars etc.

Death of Sophia. Was one of those WTF moments since i think we all thought she would be alive and well. It was then where Rick started the Ricktatorship.

Death of Otis. The way he died. Shane saved the life of a kid by killing someone else. Was it right?

Rick's encounter with Carol in episode 4.

Last edited by RealGunner on Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:01 pm

@Tomwin Lannister wrote:Well realistically if you had an insane amount of bullets and a fully automatic rifle then you're not going to have too bad of a time. But no doubt that was a last case scenario and they will be low on bullets because of it.

Tbf Zombies do pose a main threat, nearly every time we've seen a few zombies in this season somebody has been killed.

But yeah the main characters aren't going to be in awful danger, but like every programme in the history of television the main characters don't all get randomly killed off. Nobody would want to watch it in the long run.
Robb Stark https://i.servimg.com/u/f43/16/93/79/64/37329810.gif

Seriously though, that is spot on. There is no way Rick is going to die. Nor Carl. They will keep on killing the extras till there is a solid group of people that fans adore. Those people are untouchable. inb4 Daryll dies. inb4 Maggie turns
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:04 pm

The group should stop wasting time in the prison and just escape to a new place.

Maybe the Governor will join them and help them find a new place.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:05 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:The group should stop wasting time in the prison and just escape to a new place.

Maybe the Governor will join them and help them find a new place.
Yeah and The Governor will receive a warm welcome, couple of hugs and a cup of hot chocolate. Michonne will be ecstatic.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:07 pm

Looool

And yeah as for GOT there's like 30 different main characters on the go at any given time Laughing

TDW has like less than 10 main characters that are part of the core group. Each time you kill 1 of them you take away a huge part of the show. You can create an amazing episode in doing so, but on the whole the programme could suffer badly.

The Shane episode was great, but every single episode after that I find myself thinking "Man, would be great if Shane was involved in all of this"
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:09 pm

mt Laughing

Governor is going to plan a revenge mission because they destroyed everything he built in Woodbury.

It's not hard to leave a place that you spent 6 months building mate. They will have to start everything from scratch again. But don't worry. Prison is having its final days. They will most likely be forced out by mid season finale.

@Soul wrote:What was the young girl trying to do luring the zombie like a dog? hmm 

I think that we'd keep seeing the governor until the finale where I expect the group to either forced to move out of the prison and/or encounter new foes (possibly humans)
Don't forget, we are yet to meet that 30 men group we briefly encountered in season 2. That Sam guy from episode 4 IMO is part of that group and will likely attack the prison soon. Maybe Governor is with them hmm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:16 pm

^had almost completely forgotten about that group... You speak some sense, RG...

As for GoT. I was like "wtf wasn't he supposed to be the main character?! hmm " when Ned Stark's head was chopped off. Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:42 pm

Yeah I was surprised on GOT aswell

But when you keep watching you understand that there's like 6 different 'sides' all with plenty of main characters. As for TDW, there's a handful of main protagonists and killing any of them right now would be idiotic.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:43 pm

Yeh obviously the group won't accept the Governor, nor will he accept them. However he'll help them fight walkers, they'll help him, however they won't like each other. Also they won't be able to trust each other either. Enemies uniting to fight a bigger danger.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:43 pm

There is a reason why Daryl is such a massive character despite not existing in the comics lol. People will stop watching if him or Rick dies
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:46 pm

Nah can't have the only real human antagonist be a good guy.

The only way it'd even come close to working is if he slowly gained thier trust only to betray them. But the season or two in which he was part of the group, everybody would be expecting a betrayal all the time. It would be so predictable.

Keep him as the bad guy, The flu thing will be gone soon and personally I can't be bothered with human vs zombies for too long. That's been done 4 trillion times. It's all about human vs human vs zombies.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:49 pm

We already saw him be the main villain last season. So if they want a villain, they need a new one.

The prison and the governor storyline is last season. They need a new location and new villains.

Last episode definitely felt like filler with Hershel. Didn't progress the storyline much.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:51 pm

No having an old villain appear in a new storyline has worked for so, so many movies and t.v shows. Instead of building up a random new villain you continue with a familiar one....
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:58 pm

Governor won't last long. He was long dead in the comics by this time. No idea why they kept him alive lol

There are much bigger tests ahead so let's see where they take this show from here
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:02 pm

Was it just me or did anyone else also thought that Glen died? Just there for a second when Maggie and Hershel were quiet.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 37 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum