The Madrid One
Le Samourai
Ganso
Zealous
StrugaRock
33 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by Zealous Wed 19 Oct - 1:30:52

UEFA does have a history of being half assed about these things.

I'd go with Opta they're more reliable anyway.

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct - 1:34:58

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/555663/LiveStatistics/Europe-UEFA-Champions-League-2011-2012-Real-Madrid-Lyon

Thats another one

I know our play was awesome I was just pissed we should literally have won by 10 goals. 2 goals were from set pieces one was an own goal from a mistake from Lloris. In reality we had one goal from open play the Khedira goal. For all the ball play we had I was hoping to blow them out of the park.

Di Maria worked hard but was utterly useless going forward in the final third watching the replay. Ronaldo should of done better with alot of his shots.

Benzema was the only forward for my mind that had a decent game but I still think probably should of done abit better with some of his chances.

We really need to work on our final 3rd play it still just doesn't seem right. We dominated for sure but the last touch was off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct - 1:39:47

You could tell Benz was slightly rusty... Sure sign is if he misses some controls and he did. That's why I can't wait for CDR to start so both our strikers get enough PT to keep sharpness.

That first CDR game will be a raping if we play regulars though lol.

Again, we really should play with both Higuain and Benz as they are both very good passers, although from very different areas. ozil was surprisingly a bit sloppy with his passes tonight. Di Maria is always sloppy.

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed 19 Oct - 1:43:25

i hope sahin stay fit and healthy soon, so we can finally stable the midfield and no more coentrao or di maria playing cm, and we can play a proper 4-3-3 and question are we playing 4-2-1-3 atm?
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct - 1:44:16

Di Maria reminded me of a little yappy dog after someones leg, sure he was annoying for Lyon but he wasn't a threat ever.

Yeah Benzema just came back from injury. Ozil seriously looked way off his usual self. As for Ronaldo nfi what is going on there.

meh....the problems are sugar coated by the 4 goals imo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed 19 Oct - 1:44:28

We won 4-0 the actual goals were just minor details in the overall dominant display. Had a few shaky moments at the back but ultimately we slaughtered Lyon. I'm a happy camper.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed 19 Oct - 4:13:41

i think what the problem was that we had quite a few players looking kinda rusty or off their usual form (ronaldo, ozil, di maria, benz to some extent and even xabi to some extent)

but we were still able to capitalize on their mistakes which is nothing to frown at so all in all happy with the result.

thought sami was great, glad to see him score his first goal for madrid, ramos looked very comfortable as cb, and all our goals came from bits of brilliance and lyons mistakes

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed 19 Oct - 14:34:35

btw, why did benzemas second goal get cancelled, alonso even got carded for it

i dont understand. When the other teams do that, the goal stands. however when we do it the goals gets cancelled and on top of that the freekick takers gets a yellow

scandal??? what scandal
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed 19 Oct - 15:39:53

Please Mou move Ramos perma to CB!

Arbeloa-Ramos-Pepe-Marcelo

my dream back4! (until Varane is ready Very Happy)
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed 19 Oct - 16:15:44

halamadrid2 wrote:btw, why did benzemas second goal get cancelled, alonso even got carded for it

i dont understand. When the other teams do that, the goal stands. however when we do it the goals gets cancelled and on top of that the freekick takers gets a yellow

scandal??? what scandal

it was the right call in my opinion. when a player asks for 10 yards the freekick taker has to wait for the whistle. alonso waited until the refs back was turned and took it.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct - 16:38:08

deezydeez wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:btw, why did benzemas second goal get cancelled, alonso even got carded for it

scandal??? what scandal

it was the right call in my opinion. when a player asks for 10 yards the freekick taker has to wait for the whistle. alonso waited until the refs back was turned and took it.

Nope the letter of the law states he has to ask Xabi if he wants a count out and he did not, he just started counting out. Xabi has all right to take the kick quickly and refuse the count out to a wall.

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed 19 Oct - 17:34:02

as crimmy said, the reff has to ask xabi first or point at his whistle if i am not mistaken(well this reff did neither) and no xabi didnt wait for the reff to turn around, he waited for ozil to put it on the ground
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Margera Wed 19 Oct - 18:10:24

We dominated the game and all of our team worked very hard to keep the ball all the time which was very nice.

Di maria brought nothing to our game and was horrible, even Arbeloa was a bigger threat on the right wing than him banana. He should be benched again, preferrably for Higuain to take place on the centre and Benzema on the wing.

Ramos should be playing CB from now on he is pretty much our puyol.

Özil should be given more time as AM, he will start shining soon again.

Khedira showed why we need him so much on the midfield, brings stability, confidence and solid passing to the midfield.

Good game from us, although can be improved easily.
Margera
Margera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed 19 Oct - 18:31:58

Margera wrote:We dominated the game and all of our team worked very hard to keep the ball all the time which was very nice.

Di maria brought nothing to our game and was horrible, even Arbeloa was a bigger threat on the right wing than him banana. He should be benched again, preferrably for Higuain to take place on the centre and Benzema on the wing.

Khedira showed why we need him so much on the midfield, brings stability, confidence and solid passing to the midfield.

LOO00OOL

*not sure if serious*
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Margera Wed 19 Oct - 18:58:54

halamadrid2 wrote:
Margera wrote:We dominated the game and all of our team worked very hard to keep the ball all the time which was very nice.

LOO00OOL

*not sure if serious*

Di maria sucked last match and has been pretty bad or average for the whole season so far, face it. bounce

Özil was amazing for Germany as AM last time he played for them like a week ago and he was pretty much one of our best players last season as AM, this season he has not played as AM much due to kaka occupying that spot so he has not had the chance to work his magic there.
Margera
Margera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed 19 Oct - 19:14:24

so ozil has been much better then huh??

ozil was good for germany, but why look at one side of the picture, di maria was amazing for argentina as well lol(2 asissts and couldve grabbed a goal had he gotten to the ball before messi)

atm, ozil isnt playing good wit hany of the strikers and mourinho duly pointed this out in his presconference

"Ozil must now reach the next level. His performances last season were better, he must find his form again. More needs to come from him,"

Mou himself knows wwhat he is doing with dimaria, he(angel) is mourinhos eto, i.e he plays wherever he is told to play without much tittle tattle

di maria-higuain best combo we could ever get in terms of scoring goals
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Margera Wed 19 Oct - 19:27:50

halamadrid2 wrote:so ozil has been much better then huh??

ozil was good for germany, but why look at one side of the picture, di maria was amazing for argentina as well lol(2 asissts and couldve grabbed a goal had he gotten to the ball before messi)

atm, ozil isnt playing good wit hany of the strikers and mourinho duly pointed this out in his presconference

"Ozil must now reach the next level. His performances last season were better, he must find his form again. More needs to come from him,"

Mou himself knows wwhat he is doing with dimaria, he(angel) is mourinhos eto, i.e he plays wherever he is told to play without much tittle tattle

di maria-higuain best combo we could ever get in terms of scoring goals

Di maria played well for his NT as well fair enough, but Özil has been played out of position for most of this season's matches which contributes to his rustiness as well and I have no doubt he will bounce back soon.

The problem with Di maria has been that he dribbles too much (for us atleast) and not with great efficiency (atleast not this season) where as Özil contributes in many ways. Last game Özil helped our midfield a lot by dropping deep and giving the extra pass option and pretty much scored a goal for us too.

I will give credit to Di maria that he worked hard to help arbeloa last game, but beyond that he did not do much and was pretty much useless in attack.

And yes I do believe Özil has been better than Di maria so far this season.
Margera
Margera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander mahone Wed 19 Oct - 21:41:20

I don't get why some of you gave Ozil way much more credit for his recent Germany game than RM game this season. Is that because he scored & assisted relatively a lot for Germany (3 goals & 2 assists for the recently Austria & Belgium match), while so far he only assisted 4 & scored 1 goal for all official RM game including super cup this season? I wonder whether you also rate the actual scoring chances he made (especially the clear cut one) & his participation in the build up that resulted in goal/ scoring chances (I believe currently for RM he did the later much more than he did it last season).

This season with RM he has been pretty unlucky not to get more assists recorded on his name because he actually made decent amount of clear cut chances that failed to score by others (some on top of my mind: Benzema vs Zaragoza, Ronaldo vs Rayo, Kaka & Benzema vs Ajax, Higuain vs Betis). And how about his participation in a lot of important goal this season that were not recorded under his name either as goal or assit like counter attack for 3:2 vs Getafe, counter attack for 1:0 vs Ajax, counter attack for 1:0 vs Rayo, and just recently corner for 1:0 vs Lyon & participation in build up & also the final pass for the own goal 3:0 vs Lyon?

I'm not saying that he's been godlike or anything for RM so far, I now he could do much better, just don't understand where's the perception of Ozil with Germany > Ozil with RM came from, except for the better stats which didn't tell everything. He did more things which were unmeasured by those goals/asists stats in some matches with RM this season. I also didn't find Ozil played out of position problem is as big as some of you made it out to be. He played out of position both in Rayo & Ajax game, but imo in both of those game he gave an overall better performance than his match with Germany vs Belgium, just lack some goal or assist (Ajax) that probably would significantly glorify his performance. As for the recently problem of his passing, that's also appear when he played vs Belgium with Germany. For Lyon match particularly, I think that's because he tried to play some risky stuff with the ball a lot of time, some worked, some not.
alexander mahone
alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed 19 Oct - 22:41:51

Ozil is amazing for any team he plays with. I'd imagine his name is one of the first on the team sheet.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9