Rep rating!

+12
guest7
the xcx
halamadrid2
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Thimmy
ronalessi
M99
Nishankly
Vibe
CroInter
McLewis
DavidVilla92
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rep rating! - Page 2 Empty Re: Rep rating!

Post by guest7 Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:53 pm

I do think that people with -rep should be able to still vote. Once you reach -1 you can no longer rep anyone and if the rep system is gonna be used to disagree with people it's kind of wrong that you can disable someones rights to disagree in the same way.

guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 8275
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Rep rating! - Page 2 Empty Re: Rep rating!

Post by CroInter Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:11 am

@halamadrid2 wrote:lol poor guy

i can na nana nana :lol!: :coffee:

Guess who got voting rights back :coffee:
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2688
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Rep rating! - Page 2 Empty Re: Rep rating!

Post by Albiceleste Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:53 am

@McLewis wrote:And how are you so sure you got negative rep for that particular post?

That makes absolutely no sense.

You will not be able to see who give you negative rep and neither can I as that would defeat the purpose of the system itself.

Like I said....hate it or love it....you're gonna have to deal with it.

Rep rating! - Page 2 Deal_with_it_dog_gif

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb
Posts : 11137
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Rep rating! - Page 2 Empty Re: Rep rating!

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:23 pm

@CroInter wrote:
@halamadrid2 wrote:lol poor guy

i can na nana nana :lol!: :coffee:

Guess who got voting rights back :coffee:

back on the ground...about time it was couldve floated all the way to mars :lol!:

kudos, ill rep you as a thanks :lol!: :coffee:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 22034
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Rep rating! - Page 2 Empty Re: Rep rating!

Post by Jack Daniels Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:57 pm

Geez never thought this feature would be a BIG deal to some people.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3241
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Rep rating! - Page 2 Empty Re: Rep rating!

Post by AnJl Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:05 pm

DV , you cant have a system that suits everyone's fancies, its near impossible.

@ McLewis:

While i have my views on the rep thing (which i would rather keep to myself btw), i have always liked the kudos system, because it always portrayed and created a positive vibe and atmosphere, which gave posters 'pat on the back'(lack of a proper word) and urged them to post more. And if someone didnt like it, well, he or she didnt like it.

I would say its more about making sure that too much hate isnt created.

There could be douches who just dont like DV at all and are just giving him negatives to annoy him.

And its not like DV can please everyone , right?

For example, ppl have been asking for a dislike button on FaceBook, but the creators havent added it (yet) because of the negative vibe and hate it could create.

@DV: relax man. you win some , you lose some.

Deal with it Razz
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 1092
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Rep rating! - Page 2 Empty Re: Rep rating!

Post by DavidVilla92 Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:23 pm

@AnJl wrote:DV , you cant have a system that suits everyone's fancies, its near impossible.

@ McLewis:

While i have my views on the rep thing (which i would rather keep to myself btw), i have always liked the kudos system, because it always portrayed and created a positive vibe and atmosphere, which gave posters 'pat on the back'(lack of a proper word) and urged them to post more. And if someone didnt like it, well, he or she didnt like it.

I would say its more about making sure that too much hate isnt created.

There could be douches who just dont like DV at all and are just giving him negatives to annoy him.

And its not like DV can please everyone , right?

For example, ppl have been asking for a dislike button on FaceBook, but the creators havent added it (yet) because of the negative vibe and hate it could create.

@DV: relax man. you win some , you lose some.

Deal with it Razz

If i could give you a positive then i would.
DavidVilla92
DavidVilla92
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 163
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 29

https://www.facebook.com/daniemccarthy92

Back to top Go down

Rep rating! - Page 2 Empty Re: Rep rating!

Post by AnJl Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:33 pm

@DavidVilla92 wrote:
@AnJl wrote:DV , you cant have a system that suits everyone's fancies, its near impossible.

@ McLewis:

While i have my views on the rep thing (which i would rather keep to myself btw), i have always liked the kudos system, because it always portrayed and created a positive vibe and atmosphere, which gave posters 'pat on the back'(lack of a proper word) and urged them to post more. And if someone didnt like it, well, he or she didnt like it.

I would say its more about making sure that too much hate isnt created.

There could be douches who just dont like DV at all and are just giving him negatives to annoy him.

And its not like DV can please everyone , right?

For example, ppl have been asking for a dislike button on FaceBook, but the creators havent added it (yet) because of the negative vibe and hate it could create.

@DV: relax man. you win some , you lose some.

Deal with it Razz

If i could give you a positive then i would.

You can Wink

Look to your right where the '+' sign and press Razz

Im popular now Cool
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 1092
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Rep rating! - Page 2 Empty Re: Rep rating!

Post by DavidVilla92 Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:42 pm

I cant see no "+" though anywhere.
DavidVilla92
DavidVilla92
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 163
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 29

https://www.facebook.com/daniemccarthy92

Back to top Go down

Rep rating! - Page 2 Empty Re: Rep rating!

Post by ronalessi Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:56 pm

If your reputation is already in the negative, you will not be able to rep anyone.
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1292
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 109

Back to top Go down

Rep rating! - Page 2 Empty Re: Rep rating!

Post by AnJl Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:03 pm

@ronalessi wrote:If your reputation is already in the negative, you will not be able to rep anyone.

Thats wrong then , why should someone in the negative not be able to give a plus point to a comment or statement made by someone else?
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 1092
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Rep rating! - Page 2 Empty Re: Rep rating!

Post by Nishankly Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:19 pm

@AnJl wrote:
@ronalessi wrote:If your reputation is already in the negative, you will not be able to rep anyone.

Thats wrong then , why should someone in the negative not be able to give a plus point to a comment or statement made by someone else?

Exactly what i have been telling the mods..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20188
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Rep rating! - Page 2 Empty Re: Rep rating!

Post by DavidVilla92 Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:33 pm

Thank some people for realizing what i ment bar Nishank! The rep is has a major flaw. For however long i am here i will never ever get to send ratings as i am always getting negatives for nothing. When i mean nothing like i've posted once or twice and they were harsh posts like i said thank you to one person and i got negatives. I know i am an agressive poster at times but i don't troll!
DavidVilla92
DavidVilla92
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 163
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 29

https://www.facebook.com/daniemccarthy92

Back to top Go down

Rep rating! - Page 2 Empty Re: Rep rating!

Post by CroInter Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:39 pm

Rep rating! - Page 2 Mama
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2688
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Rep rating! - Page 2 Empty Re: Rep rating!

Post by AnJl Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:40 pm

@DavidVilla92 wrote:Thank some people for realizing what i ment bar Nishank! The rep is has a major flaw. For however long i am here i will never ever get to send ratings as i am always getting negatives for nothing. When i mean nothing like i've posted once or twice and they were harsh posts like i said thank you to one person and i got negatives. I know i am an agressive poster at times but i don't troll!

DV, your taking it way to hard to the head .

I think the points have clearly been made, now lets trust the mods to their jobs k? Smile
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 1092
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Rep rating! - Page 2 Empty Re: Rep rating!

Post by ronalessi Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:00 pm

@AnJl wrote:
@ronalessi wrote:If your reputation is already in the negative, you will not be able to rep anyone.

Thats wrong then , why should someone in the negative not be able to give a plus point to a comment or statement made by someone else?

Don't know, but it's probably because people with negative reps may take their rep frustration out on other people (or maybe you've lost your credibility to rep anyone).

If you have a neg rep, in time, it will balance out if you are a good poster (or if you become a good poster). The Admin was trying to make this point. Fair point.

If you get a lot of neg rep., there's something wrong either with what you say or how you say it. Or you're doing "it" for the lulz :coffee:
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1292
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 109

Back to top Go down

Rep rating! - Page 2 Empty Re: Rep rating!

Post by McLewis Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:18 pm

@AnJl wrote:DV , you cant have a system that suits everyone's fancies, its near impossible.

@ McLewis:

While i have my views on the rep thing (which i would rather keep to myself btw), i have always liked the kudos system, because it always portrayed and created a positive vibe and atmosphere, which gave posters 'pat on the back'(lack of a proper word) and urged them to post more. And if someone didnt like it, well, he or she didnt like it.

I would say its more about making sure that too much hate isnt created.

There could be douches who just dont like DV at all and are just giving him negatives to annoy him.

And its not like DV can please everyone , right?

For example, ppl have been asking for a dislike button on FaceBook, but the creators havent added it (yet) because of the negative vibe and hate it could create.

@DV: relax man. you win some , you lose some.

Deal with it Razz

Though the point your making has been made before, It still remains an excellent point.

What's to stop someone who just doesn't like you from giving you negative votes? Unfortunately, nothing. Here's my take on this sticking point though:

If you're hated by more people than liked by more people in real life....your image or "reputation" is going to suffer no matter what you do. But it can still be redeemed. It's up to that person to try and do that.

The same applies to the rep system here....if your a troll and the entire forum hates you....stop trolling and start making sense in your posts and your bad reputation will disappear. The reputation system is designed to focus on the posts, NOT the poster. Ideally, I want to see guys give a positive rep for someone that absolutely hate, BUT that person made a really good point. That's how the rep system SHOULD work in my eyes.

If I or any other Admin or mod finds out that someone is giving a poster negative votes just because they can, then they will be punished. It's as simple as that. We've already had problems of that kind and they've been squashed.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12542
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Rep rating! - Page 2 Empty Re: Rep rating!

Post by The BoyWonder Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:19 pm

@McLewis wrote:They disagreed with your post and gave your negative rep because of it...

Say something positive somewhere else and i'm sure you'd get that positive rep back.

It's quite simple.

THIS

and it even comes from a admin....it can't be more true. cheers

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 577
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Rep rating! - Page 2 Empty Re: Rep rating!

Post by CroInter Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:20 pm

This is being abused heavily, it became a joke Smile

Last night i was at +9, this morning at -45, now at +72, i expect to wake up in - rep :coffee:
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2688
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Rep rating! - Page 2 Empty Re: Rep rating!

Post by DavidVilla92 Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:28 pm

@CroInter wrote:This is being abused heavily, it became a joke Smile

Last night i was at +9, this morning at -45, now at +72, i expect to wake up in - rep :coffee:

how in gods name did you manage to do that?

+72 affraid
DavidVilla92
DavidVilla92
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 163
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 29

https://www.facebook.com/daniemccarthy92

Back to top Go down

Rep rating! - Page 2 Empty Re: Rep rating!

Post by Nishankly Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:41 pm

@CroInter wrote:This is being abused heavily, it became a joke Smile

Last night i was at +9, this morning at -45, now at +72, i expect to wake up in - rep :coffee:

Multiple accounts? :lol!:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20188
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Rep rating! - Page 2 Empty Re: Rep rating!

Post by CroInter Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:57 pm

Nishank wrote:
@CroInter wrote:This is being abused heavily, it became a joke Smile

Last night i was at +9, this morning at -45, now at +72, i expect to wake up in - rep :coffee:

Multiple accounts? :lol!:

Heh nah, mods can check that, last night andii(inter fan) told me he will get me to + rep when i was at -20 and he got me to +9 and now this morning someone got me to -45 and then again in few hours someone gets me to +72...
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2688
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Rep rating! - Page 2 Empty Re: Rep rating!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum