Nearly 70 Percent Of Planet Earth Watches English Premier League????

+17
zizzle
che
Adit
Great Leader Sprucenuce
rwo power
EarlyPrototype
free_cat
BeautifulGame
cyberman
lszanto
Guiltybystander
Messi
Omniscient
Le Samourai
Dnmac4
zarola
Raptorgunner
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nearly 70 Percent Of Planet Earth Watches English Premier League???? Empty Nearly 70 Percent Of Planet Earth Watches English Premier League????

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:06 am

The Dallas Cowboys and Pittsburgh Steelers are nice, but they can't hold the soccer cleats of Manchester United or Chelsea.

The United Kingdom's English Premier League is the people of Earth's choice for sporting entertainment. An incredible 4.7 billion people, close to 70 percent of the planet's population of 6,775,235,700 , watch the soccer league on television, according to a new study by Sport+Markt consulting firm.

Premier League, founded in 1992, was seen in 643 million homes around the globe, MirrorFootball.co.uk reports. China has the most soccer devotees with more than 300 million. India is second with 147 million.

Overall, Africa has 290 million minions of EPL action.

In addition to the huge overall viewership numbers, a third of all Premier League fans are ladies. Women represent close to 25 percent of fans who actually attend matches.

To put all these wild numbers in perspective, the Packers-Steelers Super Bowl XLV matchup drew a U.S.-record 111 million average viewers to FOX, making it the most watched program ever.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201110/70-planet-earth-watch-english-preimere-league-soccer
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watch NFL every Sunday and when I tell some of my friends NFL got nothing on the king of sports they think I am joking wait till I show this to them. Very Happy

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Nearly 70 Percent Of Planet Earth Watches English Premier League???? Empty Re: Nearly 70 Percent Of Planet Earth Watches English Premier League????

Post by zarola Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:14 am

I don't believe this for a second. I don't even believe 4.7billion people watch any single sport in any form
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Nearly 70 Percent Of Planet Earth Watches English Premier League???? Empty Re: Nearly 70 Percent Of Planet Earth Watches English Premier League????

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:18 am

zarola wrote:I don't believe this for a second. I don't even believe 4.7billion people watch any single sport in any form

I have to agree. I don't think enough people have cable to make this possible. Would love to see how they came to this number though. American Football is only ONE country's top sport. Of course EPL would be rated higher around the world as football (soccer) is the worlds most popular sport, it's kind of common sense.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:19 am

zarola wrote:I don't believe this for a second. I don't even believe 4.7billion people watch any single sport in any form

Yes I do agree, I think maybe half would be possible.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:21 am

Raptorgunner wrote:The Dallas Cowboys and Pittsburgh Steelers are nice, but they can't hold the soccer cleats of Manchester United or Chelsea.

The United Kingdom's English Premier League is the people of Earth's choice for sporting entertainment. An incredible 4.7 billion people, close to 70 percent of the planet's population of 6,775,235,700 , watch the soccer league on television, according to a new study by Sport+Markt consulting firm.

Premier League, founded in 1992, was seen in 643 million homes around the globe, MirrorFootball.co.uk reports. China has the most soccer devotees with more than 300 million. India is second with 147 million.

In addition to the huge overall viewership numbers, a third of all Premier League fans are ladies. Women represent close to 25 percent of fans who actually attend matches.

To put all these wild numbers in perspective, the Packers-Steelers Super Bowl XLV matchup drew a U.S.-record 111 million average viewers to FOX, making it the most watched program ever.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201110/70-planet-earth-watch-english-preimere-league-soccer
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watch NFL every Sunday and when I tell some of my friends NFL got nothing on the king of sports they think I am joking wait till I show this to them. Very Happy

Your Numbers don't add up bro.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:22 am

ragbirjosh wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:The Dallas Cowboys and Pittsburgh Steelers are nice, but they can't hold the soccer cleats of Manchester United or Chelsea.

Your Numbers don't add up bro.

LOL, not me man, I am still trying to figure out how they came up with this.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:27 am

This is the most ridiculous statistic I've ever seen. I seriously doubt that more than 1 billion people watch the PL.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:41 am

Before the game, a Premier League spokesman was quoted as saying: "It is no exaggeration to say it could be watched by one billion people." But, as a League spokesman clarified yesterday, the emphasis should have been on "could be".

The game was screened in 203 territories, and potentially in 611m homes. The reality is that only a tiny fraction of those who could watch, did watch. Official figures from Broadcasters' Audience Research Board (Barb) show the live audience was 1.477m people on Sky Sports in the UK. This was the single largest market. The rest of Europe, combined, added a few million more. North America and South America together added fewer than a million. The balance was in Asia.

this was in 2007.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/tvs-great-viewing-mirage-768839.html
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:44 am

The 4.7 billion part is tearing my skull.

I doubt that many people have even watched the Premeir leauge since it began.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:52 am

ragbirjosh wrote:The 4.7 billion part is tearing my skull.

I doubt that many people have even watched the Premeir leauge since it began.

I am still searching to find out how they came up with this. Still dont make scene to me. I think max would be 1 billion would watch it.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:55 am

The Premier League’s status as the world’s No.1 league was confirmed last night with new figures showing an annual TV audience of 4.7 billion.

Games are viewed in 643 million homes around the planet, with 185,000 hours of Premier League action broadcast last year.

The stats from the SPORT+MARKT consultancy revealed China has the most Premier League followers of any country at more than 300m.

India was second on 147m, with around 28m of these supporting a Premier League club, while the audience across Africa was 290m.

The survey put the global number of Premier League club supporters at more than 1.4bn, equal to 70 per cent of the planet’s fans.

MirrorFootball's

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:58 am

Annual TV audience. Meaning if I watch epl 10 times a year my stat shows 10, not 1. That's way more logical.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Messi Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:39 am

How can they even track this. I guarantee 50% of all games are watched over an illegal streaming over the INTERNET. Maybe 10 people watching the same tv. It's obvious football is the most popular sport in the world by a huge margin. But 4.7 billion is insane. the other 30% are either american or still young children.
Messi
Messi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:50 am

zarola wrote:Annual TV audience. Meaning if I watch epl 10 times a year my stat shows 10, not 1. That's way more logical.

Makes sense
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:00 am

Like 2 billion people watch the world cup final I believe, maybe more.
But that is the World Cup! That is when the whole "OMG! ISNT THE ITALIAN TEAM HOT!" viewership comes in.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:05 am

That is not what the article says. It says out of the 2.3 billion football fans 70% of them watch EPL. Not the whole world.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:18 am

ITS THE MOST POPULAR LEAGUE IN THE WORLDS MOST POPULAR SPORT, IS THIS ANY SURPRISE? sorry for the caps lock lol..

there was a study last year which averaged out the world viewing figures of an average epl game involving utd..v spurs or something.
1 game so it viewers didnt overlap involving the official figures from each sports channel and it ended up being 3.4 billion viewers or something ridiculous
this is like asking how many rap fans have a tupac album, or how many movie buffs own the godfather trilogy
it sounds more impressive than it isbecause the figures are ridiculous

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:39 am

The report is simply inaccurate.

Even they mention only 300 mil in China and 147 mil in watch EPl.That leaves nearly 2billion people in these 2 countries itself who dont watch PL.That in itself is nearly 30% of world population(The 2 billion who dont watch in India and China).

So how on earth 4.7 billion or 70% world over can watch football.

:facepalm:
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:53 am

cyberman wrote:
1 game so it viewers didnt overlap involving the official figures from each sports channel and it ended up being 3.4 billion viewers or something ridiculous

This is just completely false and ridiculous.
The most viewed sport event every year is the Champions League final with around 300 milion people. Any given premier league game doesn't even come close.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:50 am

This stat is so FAKE!

I can assure you more than 30 % of the population live in poverty so they don't have access never mind those who don't give a *bleep* about football
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:12 am

Especially as there are countries with a rather huge football fanbase where people prefer watching their own leagues and not EPL, too. I bet in Italy, Germany and Spain the percentage of people watching the domestic leagues is quite a bit higher than the people watching EPL.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:27 pm

lszanto wrote:That is not what the article says. It says out of the 2.3 billion football fans 70% of them watch EPL. Not the whole world.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:33 pm

30% of them are Vincent Del Bosque fan's.......
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:37 pm

I follow the EPL more than La Liga lol.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:39 pm

Thats highly inaccurate,Horrible :facepalm:

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next