So What Are Your Opinions On Florentino?

+13
futbol_bill
guest7
Seppuku
EarlyPrototype
SuperMAG
Kev
Adit
hrealmadrid
LeSwagg James
McAgger
Shamirr
Le Samourai
The Madrid One
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

So What Are Your Opinions On Florentino? - Page 2 Empty Re: So What Are Your Opinions On Florentino?

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:37 pm

Valdano has said that he was responsible for VDB's exit from Real Madrid.

EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

So What Are Your Opinions On Florentino? - Page 2 Empty Re: So What Are Your Opinions On Florentino?

Post by futbol_bill Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:37 pm

I think you guys are a little harsh on Perez. Yes he made some major blunders in his first term, but he was also heavily influenced by Valdano.
He thought he could buy a winning team (probably still thinks that) and had no or little futbol knowledge. He didn't value defense at all and that was main reason for not paying the right price for it and why we lost the good players.

However I like to think he has leaned from his mistakes. He very quickly put out the disaster that Calderon had created and put together an exciting team. I thought he (or Valdano) was too quick to pull the plug on Pelli but the team is better off with Mou and with Mou grapping total control of the futbol organization, Perez is essentially out of the futbol business and only acting as a corporate CEO which is how it should be.

So far, I can't find any faults in this Presidental run. (I also have to admit that I voted for him - both times)
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:19 am

Yeah, Perez's second term has been great so far.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:35 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:Valdano has said that he was responsible for VDB's exit from Real Madrid.

This. Surprised there wasn't a thread about it. Perez probably didn't want to make the same mistake again.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:10 am

Magricos wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Valdano has said that he was responsible for VDB's exit from Real Madrid.

This. Surprised there wasn't a thread about it. Perez probably didn't want to make the same mistake again.

He actually said that he was part of the decision, but he did not take it alone. He wore his big boys boots, and assumed his mistakes before all madridistas, for his role in letting Don Vicente leave the club. He was the one in charge to carry the decision to Del Bosque in person.

Valdano wrote:Me considero responsable de su salida, tengo que asumirlo. En ese momento entendimos que finalizó su ciclo. como se terminó el mío como director general del Madrid. Fui yo quien le trasladó a Vicente la decisión y él estuvo respetuoso.

"Formé parte de esa decisión y tengo que asumir esa responsabilidad pero no soy el único responsable"

He went on to talk about what kind of relationship they had.

Just so that things are clear, before you start demonizing the man before presenting what he said properly.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:05 am

I know what he said. Who said anything about demonizing him ?

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2