teza1992
hrealmadrid
futbol_bill
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

1st month assessments Empty 1st month assessments

Post by futbol_bill Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:23 am

Given the break for NTs, it time to make some assessments about team!!!

Overall the team started very well, then went into a horrific spell of 3 1/2 games and now have recovered to earlier form. Right now things look very positive.

Mou - his sticking with same starters until injuries / suspensions bothers me. This is a talented team and to have them all available he needs to have more rotations. I also question some his substitutions and timings. I also am down on him for offensive organization. On the plus side he gets straight A's for motivation. Perez's visit to locker room and the BBQ were very instrumental in motivation. He's still one of the best coaches out there, I would just like a few improvements.

Casillas - a few lapses but overall he's still the best.

Adan - not surprisingly not getting any actions (until Copa games). He has looked good when he has played.

Ramos - once again a few lapses but I feel he's more mature this year than last. I like it when he plays more offense, both at RB and the other day when he was at CB.

Arbeloa - solid reserve. I would like to see Ramos play some CB (in place of Carvalho) and give Arbeloa more starts.

Pepe - solid starter although he has to keep his head. He has acknowledged he has a problem and has to deal with this. Let's hope he can.

Carvalho - he's lost his speed and has become the weak link in defense. He should become a reserve and let Ramos and Varane get some starts in his spot.

Varane - very impressed and yet he is just 18. Mou is being careful with him which is good (I just wish he had done the same with Canales last year, maybe Mou has learned how to deal with young talent).

Albiol - surprisingly, he has looked good (and capable) in last 2 starts. His play may just be enough to give him some sub action, keep him on NT and not look for an out come January.

Marcelo - at times he's the best LB out there, but he can also be very reckless both offensively and defensively. He is back to making his defensive errors that he seemed to have resolved last year. Perhaps playing Arbeloa or Coentrao in his spot the odd time will make him realize he has to get his game consistent and back to last year's level.

Coentrao - when he has played LB, he has been good, but at MF he gets postitive reviews for his workrate, but he isn't a MF (Yet) and he shouldn't be a starter. Coming off the bench he can change the team dynamics with his work rate which can really boost team play.

Alonso - solid, solid. He just needs a partner in MF.

Khedira - has been good (other than the red card) when he has played. His ultimate role should be first sub to play along side Alonso.

Lass - missing preseason shows. Also in my mind he is 5th (or 6th) MF and if used in that role he is useful. Definitely not a starter.

Granero - I feel sorry for him. He's not getting action and it is obviously affecting his confidence. I would like to see him get more action at the expense of Lass, but if I'm objectively rating MFs, he is 6th or 7th in line.

Altintop - I think he is another Coentrao re workrate. Haven't seen enough to make any real assessment but I'm assuming he is the 5th or 6th MF in line.

Sahin - Still waiting for him to emerge as Alonso's partner. Given his time off, it will take a couple of months after he recovers before we can expect him to show what form he has.

Ozil - top marks. He deserves to be that consistent starter. Other than Ronaldo, he is probably our next important player.

Ronaldo - the quality is there but team play is not. Last game was an improvement. He tends to be too selfish and has become too predictable. Making more passes will help him since the defense won't know what to expect. Also his free kicks have gone off form again. Let others take the odd kick plus line up other options on these kicks so that they are not so predictable. And what happened to his maturing in always complaining to ref. He said he wasn't going to do that this year!!

Di Maria - He's been the weak link in offense this year. He wants to dribble all the time and gets into trouble. His first move, always to left is just too predicable. With Kaka's recent play he has probably lost his starting role. Next year with Neymar coming he will likely lose it for good. He needs to think pass first rather than dribble. He has the talent he just needs to be coached on better team play. He also can be very effective as a sub as his speed (and likely change of formation with his entry for Kaka) will change dynamics of team.

Kaka - looks like he may finally be getting some of his form back. Let's hope it continues. I like the play action with both him and Ozil playing together.

Callejon - has looked good when he has been out there. He is shown he can be a reliable sub. Di Maria should be ahead of him re subs, but he deserves the time he is getting.

Benzema - I haven't been a fan of his until this year (I felt he hadn't earned his keep and essentially had only 2 or 3 good months in the 2 years). But this year, I am a fan. He has played with confidence (which was the problem IMO the last 2 years) right from training camp. My only complaint is that he has missed a high number of sitters. Sportsczy tells me his average numbers are good and the only problem is team is not getting ball to CF's enough. But I can recall at least 5 or 6 sure goals that he misfired. Still overall I like his play.

Higuain - looks like he also is back to form. Now Mou has a pleasnat problem as to who should start. His one touch shot (for his 2nd goal against Espanyol) was outstanding (Can he teach that to Benz?). I think Mou should begin rotating these 2. Other alternative is to play Benzema on wing (his play making is excellent) with Higgy at CF. Issue however is this move would mean Kaka as sub. Maybe that's not a bad rotation tho.

futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

1st month assessments Empty Re: 1st month assessments

Post by hrealmadrid Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:02 am

I don't have the energy to write as much as you did, so I'll give everyone a rating.

Mou - 6/10

Casillas - 7/10

Adan - N.A.

Ramos - 7/10

Arbeloa - 7/10

Pepe - 6/10

Carvalho - 5/10

Varane - 8/10

Albiol - 6/10

Marcelo - 7/10

Coentrao - 5/10

Alonso - 6/10

Khedira - 6/10

Lass - 4/10

Granero - N.A.

Altintop - N.A.

Sahin - N.A.

Ozil - 7.5/10

Ronaldo - 8/10

Di Maria - 5/10

Kaka - 8/10

Callejon - 7/10

Benzema - 8/10

Higuain - 7.5/10
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by teza1992 Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:18 am

Mou - 6/10

Casillas - 6/10

Adan - N.A.

Ramos - 7/10

Arbeloa - 7/10

Pepe - 6/10

Carvalho - 6/10

Varane - 8/10

Albiol - 6/10

Marcelo - 7/10

Coentrao - 5/10

Alonso - 7/10

Khedira - 6/10

Lass - 4/10

Granero - N.A.

Altintop - N.A.

Sahin - N.A.

Ozil - 8/10

Ronaldo - 9/10

Di Maria - 4/10

Kaka - 8/10

Callejon - 6/10

Benzema - 7/10

Higuain - 7/10
teza1992
teza1992
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:21 am

no need to make lengthy post on this, very disappointing football, promises of a better game are not being fulfilled, so im fairly disappointed.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:21 am

Read the entire thing and I really don't see any fault in your analysis of the team. Usually, Florian would have chime in with some rather sound analysis of his own but that would have to be Sport, Nick or Crims' job now.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:35 am

It's funny you say that Doc, after the 3rd of those lack luster games, i was about to post a lengthy one on the way we had ben carrying ourselves, ringing the warming bell. But i pulled out, it was early, and didnt want to sound negative. Sadly things didnt improve dramatically.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:36 am

Good stuff there Bill. A few comments:
- We have suddenly become reliant on Kaka because of our midfield issues. That makes me nervous given how injury-prone he is. We can't use him for more than a game a week imo. When we play 2-3 games, it would be tempting fate to play him more.
- Sahin and Khedira are also concerns in terms of durability. One has yet to play for us and the other keeps getting minor injuries + suspensions. Can we count on the regularly? Another concern.
- Since we need to rest Kaka, i'd rather play Benz on the right and Higuain at CF. Di Maria is only good as a super sup until he gets his game to expand.
- Marcelo needs to clean up his act defensively again because Carvalho isn't going to get better... getting old is irreversible lol.
- CR7's test will come in tougher games. He obviously dominates the weaker opponents. I want to see if he adapts when he faces WC or very good defenders.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:41 am

Mou - 6/10

Casillas - 7/10

Adan - N.A

Ramos - 7/10

Arbeloa - 8/10

Pepe - 7/10

Carvalho - 4/10

Varane - 9/10

Albiol - 7/10

Marcelo - 8/10

Coentrao - 6/10

Alonso - 7/10

Khedira - 6/10

Lass - 5/10

Granero - N.A

Altintop - N.A

Sahin - N.A

Ozil - 8/10

Ronaldo - 9/10

Di Maria - 5/10

Kaka - 8.5/10

Callejon - 7/10

Benzema - 8.5/10

Higuain - 8/10
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:03 pm

*Reads OP*
futbol_bill, since when Benzema cannot do one touch shots? otherwise nice assessment.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:15 pm

just a few things i think
-Arbeloa is a backup every team wishes to have
-Not a big fan of Coentrao,hes a joker who doesnt play well in other positions other than LB imo.Still think he is a waste of money when Lass,Khedira,Sahin,Xabi,Granero,Alex,Arbeloa,Marcelo and Nacho are in the squad.
-Marcelo is a maestro disguised as lb,but still is unbelievably inconsistent defensively,he will destroy Barca one day and suck vs Espanyol the next week.Dms and CR should help him out more,specially since Carvalho is all he has next to him.
-Di Maria had a huge slump of form ever since the start of Copa America.
-Kaka is doing very well,i hope he gets the nod from Mou to get into the starting 11 next week.
-Im liking CR more and more,he is giving a lot of key passes and not just scoring like last season.
-Finally,a lot of sexy counter attacking football a la Mou's Inter ever since Di Maria got benched
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:28 pm

tbh I tought marcelo was defensively solid yesterday

also benzema can't do one touch shooting ffs, didnt everyone see vs barca... he needs to be faster, imo higuain should start vs any team were we need someone clinical up front

I'm sure Mou can fix his problems with CL, all he needs is confidence and abit better nerves, but Mou seems to be a master of psychological problems or anything that can be solved by talking...

higgys back baby!
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:32 pm

We have been awful imo, in before flaming me calling pessimistic or only RM fans can complaint despite team winning comments etc look back at those so called perfomance please.

How many,i mean how many times casillas saved our ass in this month?
Almost every matches.He has been our second best player this season so far says it all.

Our midfield game is really poor and coupled with lack of ball playing CBs we turned into a hoof the ball team.Teams are now pumping players up because of our inability to keep the ball in midfield.Xabi alonso was never been a great possession keeping player,im not even going to start on lass or khedira because they are even worse at keeping the ball.Then we blame our wingers for loosing the ball while we all should know that ball allergic midfield duo combined with lack of ball playing CBs (or nervous defenders due to their lack of trust in midfield) are the real problem.

Then comes our lack of movements.Why we are unable to create clear cut chances when teams park the bus?.Answer is simple really,we are getting heavily marked.We are doing nothing to shove off that making,Does we have a tactics at all? .We are a heavy one dimensional team and im frustrated by that,we can be alot more than a one D team with the talents we have.A plain and predictable vertical game that is what i can see from this team.

Then i have to address our rather poor ball winning,its completely due to fraking poor track backing of ronaldo,ozil and kaka.Our tactics on the wings is let our full backs deal with any thing down there,DISGRACEFUL tactics.How is marcelo or Ramos gona look good when they are getting no help from wingers? We are letting opposition team to fry them and we complaints they are poor defensively.Where is the TEAM Defending we expected and what wins you trophies?

Lastly Our team should arrange a special dinner for iker for keeping us this far. Smile

Last edited by Adit on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:38 pm

Rating

iker -8/10

Ramos-6.5/10

Im not going to rate our CBs for some obvious reasons.

Marcelo-7/10

Xabi-6.5/10

Khedira-6.5/10

Lass-5/10

Ozil-7/10

kaka-6.5/10

Ronaldo-8/10

Callejon-6.5/10

Benz-7/10

Higgy-7/10

Mou-5.5/10

Last edited by Adit on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:38 pm

adit I agree with you that our defenders have been getting poor help but our ball playing CB is carvalho and hes playing... tbh I think that is the only reason he is playing. also Albiol hoofed the ball 11 times last game... was so annoying to watch

our midfield critique is funny, we have a top 5 midfield yet its not enough against a mid table la liga team lmao..... remove lass and put khedira and it's one of the best atm. the midfield isn't the problem, our backline has isseus getting the ball forward, it seems only marcelo and carvalho can get it out
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:43 pm

omarish wrote:

our midfield critique is funny, we have a top 5 midfield yet its not enough against a mid table la liga team lmao..... remove lass and put khedira and it's one of the best atm. the midfield isn't the problem, our backline has isseus getting the ball forward, it seems only marcelo and carvalho can get it out
You thinks midfield critic is funny and putting khedira back will solve our problem?

Simply changing players will not get us any where,we have no tactics to keep the ball there.

I could even bring xavi here,heck even he will struggle to keep the ball when there is fraking no INTENTION or TACTICS to keep it and maintain the tempo.Explains our lack of midfield control in almost every game we have played.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:46 pm

Adit wrote:
omarish wrote:

You thinks midfield critic is funny and putting khedira back will solve our problem?

Simply changing players will not get us any where,we have no tactics to keep the ball there.

I could even bring xavi here,heck even he will struggle to keep the ball when there is fraking no INTENTION or TACTICS to keep it and maintain the tempo.Explains our lack of midfield control in almost every game we have played.

That I agree with. Then say the issue lies with MOU and not the midfield. I misunderstood you. Becouse our midfield (Xabi Alonso ffs) is without a doubt better than most out there. It's a million times better than Man U's and they are winning EPL atm. The difference is they have a tactic.

Tbh has Mou ever had a true organized attack? He only has a organized backline and good discipline. Does anyone remember his Porto side? It was amazing, it could offside trap and cover. It had everything. But his attack.... Not the best tactically.

We should get VDB back, he was great tactically and for the eye.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:47 pm

Unfortunately I believe a lot of the problems being mentioned are not particularly things the players specifically need to improve on, but more so areas that Mou needs to sharpen up on. His tactics obviously aren't working.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:48 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:*Reads OP*
futbol_bill, since when Benzema cannot do one touch shots? otherwise nice assessment.

Ok maybe it's not his one touch, but there have been at least 10 almost sure goals thus far, one was an open net that he has misfired on as opposed to the one Higgy got the other night one touch into far upper corner. In any event I agree with Sports re Kaka's durability and think when we don't start Kaka and Ozil, we should start both Higgy and Benz with Benz on wing. I really like his play making this year.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:56 pm

We need to improve our possession play. Against Espanyol we were certainly better with Ozil playing on the right instead of Di Maria.

Ramos should replace Carvalho at CB, with Arbeloa coming in at RB. Marcelo needs to concentrate otherwise Coentrao should take the LB spot for a bit.

Lass should be sold, Khedira should be sub and Granero is fine as backup.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:25 pm

A decent start to the season.Not perfect but that's a good thing, it means we can improve as the season goes on and reach top levels in April/May.

The team unity is very strong and there is always a clear desire to win. So the hardcore fan in me is appeased.

Any issues I have are to do with concentration and stamina but other than that I'm a happy camper. Let's win some trophies : D
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:54 pm

We can improve. A lot. But we are on track result wise, so I am happy and hungry for more improvement and good performances. I want La Liga!
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by estrella bernabeu Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:21 pm

We won't win titles if we have Carvalho as a pillar in our backline !!!
Mou should get it for once, Ramos is among the best player in the world at CB position. Madrid has a strong defense, means titles for me.
estrella bernabeu
estrella bernabeu
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:12 pm

i agree with the very first post nick posted in the thread.

i think we all expected a far higher level of play, in which we would seem more secure and advanced in every single way, but we havent yet reached that, hopefully mou gives us one of those mid to late season boosts, in which his teams boss around everyone.

but up to right now, the whole team has left me wanting in defense, midfield, and attack.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:23 am

It seems like the consensus is we are pleased with the performace of most players. We are less than impressed with Carvalho, Lass, Coentrao and di Maria. We are disappointed to not have seen more of Khedira and Sahin.

But overall we are not happy generally because of offense, team chemistry. Although past couple of games are in right direction we still want more offensive flow and consistency.

Seems to me almost all of this is the responsibility of Mourinho and for this we have to give him a failing grade.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:38 am

What?

When did we agree on that? LOL

There is being demanding and then there is just being unrealistic. Giving Mourinho a failing grade (seriously LOL) one month in makes zero sense, especially when we were very good IMO just a bit rough round the edges.

Seriously most of you guys need to re-evaluate what you consider a good performance because from where I'm standing the team looks in decent shape.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next