Personal view on La Liga revenue sharing

+4
halamadrid2
EarlyPrototype
Mr Nick09
Doc
8 posters

Go down

Personal view on La Liga revenue sharing Empty Personal view on La Liga revenue sharing

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:29 pm

The biggest problem is that the LFP is so inept and corrupt. There is no way in the world either Barca or Madrid are going to surrender power and invest in them. That's where the revolution in La Liga football needs to start. Once the league is being run by competent and smart people, you can then go to Barca and Madrid and sell them on a vision.

Right now, you're asking the two biggest clubs in the world to gamble on a system that is broken. If all these other clubs are serious about an overhaul, they need to put together a business plan for La Liga and then make a pitch.

The efforts by Del Nido are necessary at their root. But none of the hard work is being done. It's empty rhetoric.

Back to top Go down

Personal view on La Liga revenue sharing Empty Re: Personal view on La Liga revenue sharing

Post by Doc Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:34 pm

When only Betis (your eternal rivals) and Espanyol (the other team that resides in Barcelona that no one cares about) have your back, then you know you're really in shit.

The other 2 big clubs in Spain, Atletico and Valencia did not even make a whisper of anything.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Personal view on La Liga revenue sharing Empty Re: Personal view on La Liga revenue sharing

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:39 pm

why are they so afraid of Perez and Rossell?

that's how they lose 8-0 and then call the league crap

they went into that thing with no plan, no global planning indeed, it was not going to go through. They have to discuss about the benefits of having the collective agreement, put numbers on a chart and and discuss about expanding the league to new markets. Sure, with Barca and Real as banner but people will catch up to other teams in due time.

What Del Nido did was a huge stunt, but i smelled failure when he said they had nothing against the president of the league, just the way it's working...

@doc, i read that Perez destroyed Gil during the meeting, picked him apart, poor guy was shaking in his boots.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:40 pm

I see no commitment from the other clubs. There is no point in Madrid and Barca giving up a percentage of their share and investing into false hope. That being said we have to start from somewhere and giving up a share in TV revenue could be a stepping stone.

IMO it comes down to the management of the league and the clubs.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:43 pm

It's not fear. They don't have a leg to stand on. It's great to say "we need to change everything. This is BS!!!!"... but once it gets serious, you need to actually have a plan. There is no plan.

The first order of business is to clean up the LFP. Before that, there's no point. Let's see if someone bring forth a comprehensive plan that addresses the problems and proposes tangible solutions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:47 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:why are they so afraid of Perez and Rossell?

that's how they lose 8-0 and then call the league crap

they went into that thing with no plan, no global planning indeed, it was not going to go through. They have to discuss about the benefits of having the collective agreement, put numbers on a chart and and discuss about expanding the league to new markets. Sure, with Barca and Real as banner but people will catch up to other teams in due time.

What Del Nido did was a huge stunt, but i smelled failure when he said they had nothing against the president of the league, just the way it's working...

@doc, i read that Perez destroyed Gil during the meeting, picked him apart, poor guy was shaking in his boots.

As much as a racist bigot old man Gil was, the man would have had way more balls in that meeting. But Sport is pretty right in this one for once. If there isn't a real plan or at least a thought out idea, then all that was just a waste of time. Still though, a show in force would have been better appreciated than putting their respective d***s between their respective legs and cluck all the way back to wherever they came from.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:49 pm

Agreed, they were pretty much saying, "you guys need to give us the money"

on what ground? they didnt work on the issue long enough.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:51 pm

What's Astiazarán's take in all of this? isn't he the president of LFP?
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:54 pm

The guy who almost sank La Real into oblivion? Meh, just pay him his money (cut) and he'll say whatever you want him to say. He'll be your private dancer, dancing for money, do what you want him to do...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:55 pm

For once?! Thanks doc lol.

When you ask someone to invest, you need to show them why and how it's a better than their current situation. La Liga is a mess unfortunately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:49 pm

Been saying this for a long while now and I said it when it was brought up in the general section.

Won't matter squat when majority of clubs are run into the ground by greedy presidents who are now looking for a quick buck and a hand out at the expense of Madrid and Barcelona just because they don't know how to run a financial institution.

Same goes for La Liga. F. Perez has been trying for two years to change the times of games to bring in more audiences from Asia and therfore more money/awareness/exposure for the entire league. Have they done it yet? Nope.

The league is run so very poorly (clubs included) I do not know how anyone expects this to change anything really....

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:53 pm

You bring up a good point about changing the times of games. Games played at 8pm in Spain would be about 10pm in Middle east.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:02 pm

two games a weekend is being played at about 11-12 am GMT if i am not mistaken, so they are partially giving in to his demands
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:28 pm

Well you need a crisis for a real change to happen. With all the mess the league is in it should happen at one point in the next few years, or at least I think it will.

H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:27 pm

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bobbymcmahon/2015/12/05/1-6b-worth-of-tv-deals-good-news-for-real-madrid-barcelona-and-la-liga/

Huge and important deal. Surprised nobody in this entire forum mentioned it.

So new TV deal agreed. Domestic rights of about 2.65 bill euro for 3 years (900 mill per season) and 600 mill euro per season international rights. Total amounts to about 1500 mill euro per year.

It is said that bottom half relegation teams will receive about 36 mill....around 10th will get around 55 , 5 the place will get around 70...4th and 3rd close to 95. 1st and 2nd will get the same as they are getting now, around 140.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:30 pm

Also the ratio of revenue of top to bottom can't be more than 4.5: 1 now. And if revenue exceeds a certain limit then it won't be more than 3.5 : 1.

Best league in the world to become even better? Better late than never.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:50 pm

yeah read that. Even now La Liga is still not getting the deal it truly deserves. It's the best league with the best players in the world. It should get the most lucrative deal.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:03 pm

Thanks for sharing the link, i had not seen that at all, it's good, more money will come pouring down with better organization
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:31 pm

So this is the predicted TV money distribution for 16/17

Personal view on La Liga revenue sharing CV8KrIMWsAAHQXu
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:41 pm

Not sure if I'm reading right but I guess they get 32.5 million upfront, 25% of the total during the season and the remaining percentage at the end. The influx of cash for the smaller teams would really help with their wage payments. A lot.

Last edited by Doc on Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misread. It's 25% and not 55%)
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:46 pm

Thanks for that info doc. That's new.

Massive deal for smaller clubs indeed. It's going to. be alot tougher LA Liga next season. No more 60 goal a season players... Wait till CR and messi fanboys claim that after them no body scored 60 when infact very poor state of league made it happen.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:56 pm

Forgive my ignorance, I must be missing something, but why is Barça getting more than Madrid? Is it because they are the reigning Spanish champion?

Never mind, my Spanish is mediocre. I just realized it depends on your standing in the league.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:36 pm

Doc wrote:Not sure if I'm reading right but I guess they get 32.5 million upfront, 25% of the total during the season and the remaining percentage at the end. The influx of cash for the smaller teams would really help with their wage payments. A lot.

Or will line the pockets of the clubs' management...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:40 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Doc wrote:Not sure if I'm reading right but I guess they get 32.5 million upfront, 25% of the total during the season and the remaining percentage at the end. The influx of cash for the smaller teams would really help with their wage payments. A lot.

Or will line the pockets of the clubs' management...

It is what probably had them in their financial turmoil in the first place. That and overestimating the length of an economic boom.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down