guest7
hrealmadrid
Pedram
Omniscient
Mr Nick09
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

AS: Mou ponders benching Coentrao and Carv Empty AS: Mou ponders benching Coentrao and Carv

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:57 am

Mou wasnt happy after last game: "I'm not happy with my team. I didnt like it. We scored 4 goals, could have scored 8, but i didnt like it. Getafe also could have scored more, and they were well organized. My team didnt play play, and we have to look for Conclusions."

Mou didnt like the defensive performances of this start of the season. We took 7 goals, 5 in supercopa, 2 against Getafe.

Looking to shock the defense, Mourinho could sacrifice Carvalho, who wasnt so good in this start of the season, and specially against Carvalho where he was missing for Miku second goal.

Khedira back would make an obvious choice for the midfield where he fits naturally, and coming off a pretty good pre season.

So AS is suggesting based on this that Coentrao and Carv could sit for Khedira and Albiol.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Lol, Albiol? please no. I understand Khedira getting his sit back but Albiol? nuh-uh, I would rather we play Arbeloa on the right and Ramos as partner for Pepe.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

AS: Mou ponders benching Coentrao and Carv Empty Re: AS: Mou ponders benching Coentrao and Carv

Post by Omniscient Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:02 am

Alonso + Coentrao is the worst double-pivot midfield duo ever. It's not Coentrao's fault at all for being deployed in such a position.

Carvalho is obviously declining, but he won't be overtaken by Albiol until he breaks 40 years old. :coffee:

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

AS: Mou ponders benching Coentrao and Carv Empty Re: AS: Mou ponders benching Coentrao and Carv

Post by Pedram Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:04 am

LOL why Albiol when you have Varane ?
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:53 am

Because Varane is a 18 yo kid that only played half a season of pro footy. No need to overhype him this much, his time will come.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:56 am

Well Coentrao never should have been signed in the first place..
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:37 am

Seems like pure speculation from AS.

First off, the intent was never to play Coentrao with Xabi in a 4-2-3-1. Injuries have forced this setup. Because of his lack of experience in the mid and his skillset, you should have always seen him in 4-3-3 with either Sahin or Khedira there. Di maria is bigest issue to me because he's brought nothing to the offense and his defense has been super meh. Just a waste of space. If you're looking to replace someone, replace di Maria.

Second, how is albiol going to improve our defense???? Lol. It would make things worse. To mem either you bring Ramos to cb and play arbeloa or you give Varane his shot. This would make no sense.

In any case, pure speculation by AS.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:58 am

please not albiol.... pls. ramos or varane atleast
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:24 am

Ramos needs to be a CB...Carvalho is still top,he just doesn't work with Pepe.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:02 pm

From what I've heard here in Spain, defense issues are as much midfielders (especially Coentrao) and forwards not playing defense at all, as well as Carvalho. I suspect they both will be replaced tomoprrow. Khedira is ready so he replaces Carvalho. and I suspect it's Ramos (with Arbeloa in for him) to replace Carvalho. But Mou really gave them a lecture and a lot of it has to do with playing a team defense (like they did it supercup games).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:16 pm

Yeah. I thought Xabi was a bit slow, Di Maria useless, Ozil just had an overall meh game by his standards and Coentrao was caught forward a lot (as was Marcelo). We were often defending with 4-5 players when you ideally want at least 6. You can't rely on your two strikers to defend if the opposition just flies through your midfield like with little to no resistance. Need the opponents' back four to have to hold on to the ball a little bit to allow for the forwards to pressure.

Midfield was really the biggest issue in the game by a lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:37 pm

Put Callejon in for Di Maria just for the time being.
Di Maria isnt impressing at all so far.

and like sports said a 4-3-3 would be perfect for coentrao.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by estrella bernabeu Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:55 pm

Albiol back in CL game affraid Mou should be kidding us !!!
We have Varane who should take Carvalho's place and has some experience in this competition. If we play with 3 midfielder idon't see why we don't put the french man on the pitch !! Players in his age played full time in big clubs and if we don't give him the chance to show and improve his skills i'm not sure we will find a better substitute to Pepe/Carvalho.

Any way, Plz no Albiol on the pitch :/
estrella bernabeu
estrella bernabeu
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:18 pm

This should so be our defence!

Arbeloa-Ramos-Pepe-Marcelo

I am really not liking Carvalho anymore, and Coentrao should get a bit of action in defence at least. Khedira should hold the spot nead Alonso for now, maybe even Lass ina few games...
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:30 pm

Arbeloa all day long for me.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:31 am

AS when it comes to line-ups are usually wrong, marca are better in that area. Albiol? Really :brickwall:

I also don't understand why a certain RB isn't yet moved to the CB position scratch

H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:34 am

Pecking order like this

Carvalho

Cone

peice of wood

shoe

albiol
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:47 am

You forgot brick but pretty much that I agree ^^^
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:45 am

You're missing the dog the frequently pees at the side of the training complex Yuri...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:02 am

well coentrao was not brought to even do closely what khedira does in the midfield?

can cowentrao come close to that at all? he left alonso alone in the midfield and thats why getafe looked so conmfortable in midfield...
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:28 am

Also Alonso was injured for most of the game against Getafe,
Coentrao is forced in an awkward position,
No muscle except for Pepe to back it up,
Carvalho slow and past it (I find the whole Portugal NT thing very strange too),
Ozil didn't have his best game ever, was slightly invisible...
Didn't look so well, but can be solved rather easily as,

Alonso is fit again,
Coentrao can play somewhere else now Khedira is back
Pepe is there,
Carvalho replaced by Ramos in CB, who is then replaced by either Coentrao or Arbeloa,
Ozil has more passing prowess around him, as Di Magia has to be replaced by Kaka (when he is back...) and Alonso is fully fit, and Khedira is a decent passer too.

Can also put Coentrao as a winger I suppose.

Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:46 pm

Carvalho is shyte again? Why changing opinions so fast. See Nick, thats I am talking about

And Kaka on wings?

Last edited by Grande_Milano on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:49 pm

You really have trouble reading don't you...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:50 pm

carvalho is slow and when he faces fast strikers, he is usually left on the back foot

look at our 5-0 loss vs barca and youll see what i mean
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:03 pm

Nesta is slow and he doesnt have problems with Barca players :coffee:
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:33 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:Nesta is slow and he doesnt have problems with Barca players :coffee:

We no longer park the bus against Barca. We pressure them in their own half immediately and initially play a high defensive line. If the pressure with our forwards is breached, the defensive line needs to drop quickly back while the midfield delays their progress... requires a lot of speed.

In the supercup, possession was close to 50/50 between Madrid and Barca. We're aiming to get 40% at a minimum.

Very different with how other teams play Barca... we're not looking to survive. We're looking to beat them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next