Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who has.... ?

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 7 ]
Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Vote_lcap81%Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 81% 
[ 29 ]
 
Total Votes : 36

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Empty Re: Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Post by Doc on Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:38 pm

Calderon rigged an election. Seriously, that is an automatic defeat right there. All "achievements" are ignored totally when the president cheated his way there. In fact, why he isn't in jail is beyond me.

He also hired Mijatovic which makes things worse...

Edit: 5 ppl voted for Calderon. Really?! Really guys?!

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 14376
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Empty Re: Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:57 pm

@Doc wrote:Calderon rigged an election. Seriously, that is an automatic defeat right there. All "achievements" are ignored totally when the president cheated his way there. In fact, why he isn't in jail is beyond me.

He also hired Mijatovic which makes things worse...

Edit: 5 ppl voted for Calderon. Really?! Really guys?!

Barcelona fans I reckon....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Empty Re: Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Post by Doc on Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:03 pm

And 3 titles, I thought the team only won 2 La Liga titles on his presidency. The 3rd would be the Super Cup I assume. I did not know we recognise those things as serious titles, probably did not read the memo...

_________________
People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 14376
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Empty Re: Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:13 pm

@EarlyPrototype wrote:
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Calderon has won 3 titles though, unlike Perez who has only managed to win 1 in the same timestamp. Perez has wasted more money in an equal amount of signings. The bottom line is that Calderon has achieved more with less resources.

Would he have been more successful had his time in charge been against the same Barcelona today? no.
He didn't need to, he rose up to the challenge at that time. Perez has not achieved much success against his challenge.

Note: I'm only playing the devil's advocate at this point in time, I too think Perez is by far the better president, but he is only competent from a sporting point of view in his Mou years and that's probably not down to Perez himself. Initially this was going to be a troll thread but it got moved to the RM board so I no longer have that option.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 24546
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Empty Re: Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:16 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
@EarlyPrototype wrote:
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Calderon has won 3 titles though, unlike Perez who has only managed to win 1 in the same timestamp. Perez has wasted more money in an equal amount of signings. The bottom line is that Calderon has achieved more with less resources.

Would he have been more successful had his time in charge been against the same Barcelona today? no.
He didn't need to, he rose up to the challenge at that time. Perez has not achieved much success against his challenge.

Note: I'm only playing the devil's advocate at this point in time, I too think Perez is by far the better president, but he is only competent from a sporting point of view in his Mou years and that's probably not down to Perez himself. Initially this was going to be a troll thread but it got moved to the RM board so I no longer have that option.


Bend over time to whack you with the bad stick!

"Naughty Naughty little boy!"


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Empty Re: Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Post by vanDEEZ on Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:25 pm

interesting to see the stats side by side.

but truth is there is no doubt (and shouldnt be any doubt in anyone's mind) that the answer is perez.

calderon was/ is a complete joke. mismanaged the *F* out of madrid.
vanDEEZ
vanDEEZ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 5869
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Empty Re: Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Post by Adit on Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:32 pm

Schuster's madrid played some nice football eventhough we conceded alot,we had crap players(not so good) still he managed to play good football which is quite an outstanding achievement.Too bad he realized his team talent wasnt good enough to beat that barca and openly said that.

_________________
#WEAREALLTAXFRAUDS
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9347
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Empty Re: Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Post by Zealous on Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:55 pm

Epic fine print Alfred LOL

_________________
Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Bx_jALWIcAASRVx
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Empty Re: Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Post by Mahmud002 on Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:08 pm

Love him or hate him Perez is actually a genius when it comes to business and he made Real a money making machine and as for being president of Real after so many mistakes (especially the sacking del bosque) he is taking Real to the best possible direction.

Mahmud002
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 46
Join date : 2011-08-12

Back to top Go down

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Empty Re: Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Post by Jack Daniels on Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:12 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Note: I'm only playing the devil's advocate at this point in time, I too think Perez is by far the better president, but he is only competent from a sporting point of view in his Mou years and that's probably not down to Perez himself. Initially this was going to be a troll thread but it got moved to the RM board so I no longer have that option.
Bastard. lmao
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3214
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Empty Re: Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Post by Shamirr on Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:36 pm

I am as anti Perez as you can get and I say it's Perez by a country mile... Clowny was a disgrace, and I am ashamed to say he was a Real Madrid president because of the way he acted.

_________________
[center]Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 OneRealMadridFClogobanner
#FlorentinoDimision
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 623
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Empty Re: Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Post by Jeps33178 on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:22 pm

Is this even a question?

Calderon is a disgrace

_________________
Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Bale-madrid-adidas-image
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 676
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Empty Re: Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Post by estrella bernabeu on Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:05 pm

Comparaison you are doing it wrong Very Happy
Calderon was a shame in Madrid presidency history !! an bleep hole.
Is unfair to compare them on a titles scale, i don't know wether Clownderon assisted at the best barça in the history, otherwise Madrid under Perez Era would have been 2 times la Liga winner.

You should notify above on your sheet that Perez was not Real Madrid president in the 08-09 season (6-2 was under Boluda)

_________________
Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Img-photo-mou-camp-1322649261_x610_articles-150364
Already shaking pale
estrella bernabeu
estrella bernabeu
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 553
Join date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Empty Re: Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Post by Thimmy on Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:03 am

Calderon can suck my salchicha aterrador!

_________________
Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Isco-alarcon-2
Thimmy
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9582
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Empty Re: Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Post by LeSwagg James on Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:03 am

Calderon sucked.... I do miss the Schuster days a little though, I thought he was a cool coach for the most part and we played some good football under him

The Dutch contigency was nice, Robinho was there... I used to get messed up and watch a lot of games during those days... Ahhh good times Razz

_________________
Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 20160810
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 6587
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Empty Re: Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Post by Giovanni10 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:20 am

I'm not willing to vote for either. I feel they are both completely rubbish.

I agree with Franchise that the only reason we were successful in the Calderon era was a result of the competition being so weak, especially in Schuster's year. I was watching a classico from the Schuster title winning season the other and thought, how did we manage to beat them with 4 goals. My gawd, Robben scored a header for crying out loud. Our frailties were obvious to see from our weak CL performances, Calderon era was actually a bust.

Therefore, in other words, the current team is better.

BUT> Perez is still a moron, 96million euros was ridiculous, no footballer should cost that. Even more ridiculous was 67 million euros for a player in decline... All I can say is thank goodness for Mourinho and the arm twisting that actually lead to some practical signings.

Abstaining from the vote,

Calderon era: 5/10
Perez 2nd term: 5/10

I think they're tied for the title of rubbish president.

My favourite presidents are:

Santiago Bernabeu Yeste (for obvious reasons)
Lorenzo Sanz (bought Suker and Mijatovic with his own money and oversaw to CL triumphs)
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 841
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 32

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Empty Re: Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:44 am

@Giovanni10 wrote:I'm not willing to vote for either. I feel they are both completely rubbish.

I agree with Franchise that the only reason we were successful in the Calderon era was a result of the competition being so weak, especially in Schuster's year. I was watching a classico from the Schuster title winning season the other and thought, how did we manage to beat them with 4 goals. My gawd, Robben scored a header for crying out loud. Our frailties were obvious to see from our weak CL performances, Calderon era was actually a bust.

Therefore, in other words, the current team is better.

BUT> Perez is still a moron, 96million euros was ridiculous, no footballer should cost that. Even more ridiculous was 67 million euros for a player in decline... All I can say is thank goodness for Mourinho and the arm twisting that actually lead to some practical signings.

Abstaining from the vote,

Calderon era: 5/10
Perez 2nd term: 5/10

I think they're tied for the title of rubbish president.

My favourite presidents are:

Santiago Bernabeu Yeste (for obvious reasons)
Lorenzo Sanz (bought Suker and Mijatovic with his own money and oversaw to CL triumphs)

No Mendoza?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Empty Re: Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Post by Giovanni10 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:48 am

@Crimson wrote:
@Giovanni10 wrote:I'm not willing to vote for either. I feel they are both completely rubbish.

I agree with Franchise that the only reason we were successful in the Calderon era was a result of the competition being so weak, especially in Schuster's year. I was watching a classico from the Schuster title winning season the other and thought, how did we manage to beat them with 4 goals. My gawd, Robben scored a header for crying out loud. Our frailties were obvious to see from our weak CL performances, Calderon era was actually a bust.

Therefore, in other words, the current team is better.

BUT> Perez is still a moron, 96million euros was ridiculous, no footballer should cost that. Even more ridiculous was 67 million euros for a player in decline... All I can say is thank goodness for Mourinho and the arm twisting that actually lead to some practical signings.

Abstaining from the vote,

Calderon era: 5/10
Perez 2nd term: 5/10

I think they're tied for the title of rubbish president.

My favourite presidents are:

Santiago Bernabeu Yeste (for obvious reasons)
Lorenzo Sanz (bought Suker and Mijatovic with his own money and oversaw to CL triumphs)

No Mendoza?

I would like to say yes but he was a bit before my time, I'm only 24yrs old. I chose Bernabeu though because his era was so well documented and he was so loved by all madridistas.

Looking at Mendoza's stats, he did reasonably well, but I must admit I'm not very clued up on the 1985-1995 period. No CL's though..
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 841
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 32

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Empty Re: Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Post by Zealous on Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:00 pm

Lorenzo Sanz almost drove the club into the ground financially. Giving him credit for the CL wins is silly IMO.

If it wasn't for Perez the club wouldn't be as big as it is today. Like it or not Uncle Flo made us a super club.

Mendoza was a good president. As for not winning the CL during the Quinta Del Buitre era well it's one of those things that are unfair about the sport. We reached the semi-final twice in a row and especially the first time we probably should have gone on to win it.

_________________
Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Bx_jALWIcAASRVx
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Empty Re: Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Post by Seppuku on Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:25 pm

Florentino + Mou: dream team.

Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 855
Join date : 2011-06-16

Back to top Go down

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Empty Re: Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Post by estrella bernabeu on Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:07 pm

Real madrid has the best financial status among the Big clubs in the world and this thanks to Flo. i remember how was the club suffering financially after Sanz presidential term and after that we become the richest club ever.

Perez did many mistakes during his presidency but now with Mou they are preparing a young team for the future.

_________________
Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Img-photo-mou-camp-1322649261_x610_articles-150364
Already shaking pale
estrella bernabeu
estrella bernabeu
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 553
Join date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Empty Re: Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Post by Shamirr on Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:55 pm

La Quinta didn't win because of that Monster from Milan... We were good they were better...

_________________
[center]Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 OneRealMadridFClogobanner
#FlorentinoDimision
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 623
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Empty Re: Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Post by Zealous on Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:21 pm

We lost to PSV in one Semi-Final. Could have won that year. PSV were a crap team IMO.

_________________
Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Bx_jALWIcAASRVx
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Empty Re: Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:29 pm

Look at the players that came in under Mendoza, that's why I consider him our undisputed number 2

Seriously its an insane list for the money spent

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Empty Re: Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Post by Yuri Yukuv on Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:28 pm

No doubt perez is better than calderon

_________________
Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Hot_babe_near_fireplace
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 1974
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 74

Back to top Go down

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Empty Re: Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Sup Yuri?

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 30630
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president? - Page 2 Empty Re: Florentino vs. Calderon: who has been the better president?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum