BarrileteCosmico
60 posters

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Breaking Bad - Page 20 Empty Re: Breaking Bad

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:27 pm

Agree with MT

Also the thing is, the criminals didn't care about Walt THAT much

Todd respected Walt hugely and the Neo Nazis left Walt some of his own money out of respect. Their was not much bad blood. A far cry from 2 hitmen sitting in his bedroom with an axe.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:57 am

It wasn't out of respect for Walt, it was out of respect for Todd. You also seem to forget that Jack shot Hank right in front of Walt. They also went to Walt's house and threatened Skyler and the child...seems to me that you are forgetting a lot of the bad blood between Hank and Jack.

Gustavo was way bigger than the Neo Nazis, but he also ran his business like a boss. People respected him and he was fair. It it wasn't for Walt and Jesse, that could have been a mutual beneficial relationship.

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:28 pm

Breaking Bad funeral incoming.
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:14 am

I just started watching this last week on NetFlix, and I am halfway through season 2 already. (watched 5 episodes today). Sadly I've been exposed and know the ending and all, but it is in a way a positive, so I can look out for details. My dad was insisting we watch another episode at 2AM tonight Laughing

I am already saddened by the upcoming death of Jane.

I predict to finish season 2 (6 episodes remaining) by tomorrow at this rate :bow:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:54 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/14/anthony-hopkins-breaking-bad-letter_n_4098441.html
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:15 am

Top class show. Quite a journey, thinking back to walts tortuous struggle when deciding whether or not to kill a man, to the cold ruthless decisions he later made without hesitation. I enjoyed season 2/3 the most, I much preferred it when walt was still mostly walt and the comical naivety of him and jesse

Difficult to choose a favourite scene, as already mentioned walts breakdown was magnificent, walts last meeting with the hospitalised "cousin" was very intense, and one of my favourites was hank finding the RV, all fantastic scenes for very different reasons. And of course every scene involving the black hat Laughing

One thing I wished they'd done was tell walts past a bit more (namely his relationship with Elliot and Gretchen), his resentment towards their success was obviously one of the driving forces of his character. Also perhaps Gustavos past, I felt their was more story to be told there
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:32 am

Just remembered another favourite scene, the dinner with tuco and hector. Absolutely brilliant
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:41 pm

I think in a way, Walt wasn't entirely honest when he said he did everything for himself. Yes, he had plenty of opportunities to get out with plenty of cash or with a business that could make him decent money like the carwash.

But. Him saying that could be a way of him appeasing Skyler, she was sick of hearing it and it was the last time he'd ever see her. Surely he wanted her to feel a little less acrimonious towards him. Perhaps he said it partially just to let her have her way, to have her feel he was finally admitting to what she thought she knew.

After all, he did literally all of that to leave Junior all of that money even though his son hated him at that point to the point where he wished death upon him.

So, yes, there was a point in time where he did it to feel like a badass, but his family was the only thing that mattered to him through it all and it always showed, especially when he begged for Hank's life and went through the careful and calculated plan of setting up Junior's 'trust fund'.

Just finished the show yesterday. In withdrawal.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:55 pm

I watched the last 8 episodes in a row last night. a true marathon from 9PM to 4:30 AM.

I'll post some questions and thoughts later tonight.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:08 pm

The Greatest Show in Television History
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:49 pm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:13 pm

Never watched Malcolm in the Middle but that gave me a good laugh.

"Yay! Science, b****"
"I'm the one who's knocking.."

Laughing
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:29 am

Breaking Bad's Bob Odenkirk has revealed that the Better Call Saul spinoff could act as a sequel.

Odenkirk discussed the possibility during a recent interview with IGN.

"Well, I've talked to Vince and Peter, who are writing and creating the series, about this and I've said that a lot of people do want to see what happens next to Saul," Odenkirk said.

"So, I don't know what they're going to do. I know they've talked about prequel, but they've also talked to me about sequel, and they've also talked to me about a mix of prequel and sequel."

Odenkirk also promised fans that the spinoff will stand apart from Breaking Bad.

"I told Peter and Vince, right away I said, 'Look man, let us make this fresh for everyone.' So that right away, in the first five minutes, every viewer goes, 'Oh, this isn't Breaking Bad, this is its own thing."

Odenkirk added: "And I think they feel the same exact way. There might be a cameo here or there, but I don't know. We're going to do a new show."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:11 pm

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:06 am

My favourite scene from Breaking Bad so far.
Just finished with season 3.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:43 pm

Pretty good scene, Jonathan Banks has good delivery throughout the series, what I love about it is how each season outdoes the last
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:59 am

MJGunner wrote:Pretty good scene, Jonathan Banks has good delivery throughout the series, what I love about it is how each season outdoes the last
Yeah, I absolutely love his character.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:08 pm

I finished with Breaking Bad today. First of all I think it isn't necessary to say that it is just great. The writing, directing and execution is just top notch. The plot is simplistic, and Vince Gilligan just went on season by season to do wonders with it.
Bryan Cranston's acting is out of this world. The whole acting is pretty good though. I loved the character Hank. Right from the first episode you just knew that it was going to come down to Walter face to face with Hank. The show also has a very good humour to it all the mean while the protagonist, Walter, just gets more masochistic by the time. Saul and his bodyguard Huwill (don't know if it's spelled correctly) always had me laughing. One of my other favourite characters was Mike. He was terrific everytime he was on screen. The villains were great as well. Gus the best of course.

Here's just a few episodes which I loved very much:
One Minute (s03e07) - Hank gets ambushed by Tuco's cousins.
Crawl Space (s04e11) - Gus tells Walter he is fired. Wants to get rid of Hank. Walter wants to leave the country with new identities, tells Skylar, and finds out Skylar gave money to Ted.
Face Off (s04e13) - the instrumental of Lupe Fiasco's Jonylah Forever playing in the background when Gus is on his way to see Hector for one last time. :bow:
Dead Freight (s05e05) - suspense at the end when they stole the methylamine from the train.
Blood Money (s05e09) - Walter and Hank face-to-face with the truth known. Walter telling Hank if it's true that he doesn't know him anymore, he better tread lightly. :bow:
God'dammit the whole 2nd half of season 5 was totally magnificent. Especially episode 12-14 (Rabid Dog, To'Hajiilee, Ozymandias) the last 2 episodes was a bit of a let down imo. They weren't bad, but is wasn't at the same level as the previous 3. Maybe it's coz I felt those two episodes were rushed a bit and a lot of things were fit into it.

I want to add that I think the show is overhyped though. Don't get me wrong it's great. But some people go on about it as if though it's absolutely GOAT.

I'd like to finish off by saying that Walter White will go down as one of the greatest characters in tv history. Absolute legend :bow:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:30 pm

Breaking Bad spinoff Better Call Saul will "stretch the boundaries of what it means to be a drama", according to AMC vice president Joel Stillerman.

AMC announced in September that Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan is creating a new series based around sleazy lawyer Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk).

The network's boss Stillerman has now told The Wrap that Gilligan is just "starting to break [the] story".

"You know, [we're] taking an inherently funny character and surprising people in both directions," the executive said.

"It's an hour show, it will be a drama, but it will also be very funny, as Bob's character was on that show."

Gilligan recently revealed that Better Call Saul could serve as both a prequel and sequel to Breaking Bad.

"We think, by and large, this show will be a prequel, but the wonderful thing about the fractured chronology we employed on Breaking Bad for many years is the audience will not be thrown by us jumping around in time," he said.

Odenkirk has disclosed that he is researching Better Call Saul by spending time in courtrooms.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:56 pm

Better Call Saul, which focuses on the evolution of Bob Odenkirk's Saul Goodman before he became Walter White's attorney, will debut in November. (A specific date has not yet been determined.)

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:16 am

Meh.

I'll watch it I guess but I'm not expecting much. I might not watch it though...I like when you have a great series like Breaking Bad and then it ends and it's just left alone.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:59 am

Read somewhere that Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston are actually interested in starring in this. Not sure though how reliable that source was. Maybe just some help behind the scenes, but not acting I believe.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:29 pm

Better Call Saul has potential to be a good Black Comedy. Bob Odenkirk is hilarious, he will be a great lead. And of course, it's being made by the writers and creators of Breaking Bad, so it's in good hands.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:29 pm

Miss this show. Sad

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:57 am

Me too Sad
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:50 am

Jonathan Banks is confirmed to be a series regular for Better Call Saul.

MIKE :bow:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next