+5
Onyx
I-no
Ganso
The Madrid One
Arvin14
9 posters

Go down

5 Steps on How to Overhaul our Defense Empty 5 Steps on How to Overhaul our Defense

Post by Arvin14 Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:32 pm

This is what we need to do:
1) Sell Ricardo Carvalho. (to Malaga. They are ambitious and they have tons of money! We have to face the reality that Carvalho is old and he can't cope with the pace anymore!)
2) Buy Gregory Van Der Wiel, from Ajax, and give him the starting Right-Back position. (because he's a young, solid defender that can also join the attack, very much like Coentrao on the opposite side.)
3) Buy Neven Subotic from Borussia Dortmund, and make him as the primary Centre-back back-up. (Another young, solid defender.)
4) Play Fabio Coentrao as our Primary Left-Back, and not Marcelo. (that's what he was primarily bought for, defending but occasionally helping out our attack on offense as well!).
5) Play Sergio Ramos as a Centre-Back, instead of a Right-Back, to play alongside Pepe at the Centre. (He inherited the great Fernando Hierro's number didn't he? Why not inherit Hierro's position as well?)

Thus, this should how are back-line be: Coentrao - Pepe - Ramos - Van der Wiel

Arvin14
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

5 Steps on How to Overhaul our Defense Empty Re: 5 Steps on How to Overhaul our Defense

Post by The Madrid One Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:33 pm

And May the b!@tching about defense and right backs BEGIN!
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

5 Steps on How to Overhaul our Defense Empty Re: 5 Steps on How to Overhaul our Defense

Post by Ganso Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:35 pm

5 Steps on How to Overhaul our Defense Hillary-good-one
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:39 pm

5 Steps on How to Overhaul our Defense Ronald%20GTFO
I-no
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:44 pm

no lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:46 pm

I think Albiol is enough for backup with Varane and we don't need Subotic.

Also Marcelo should remain starting LB.

Van der Wiel is a good candidate for the RB position.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:28 am

Imagine our defense in 2009, got it? Now see the current defense, do you see the overhaul we did?

Our defense is great, I really don't know what this obsession we have that makes our defense look really bad. Its the barca effect, if you see them against any other team they rock.

Anyway carvalho will be phased out by Varane hopefully, so no worries there. Just stop with the obsession Very Happy
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:44 am

Excellent post and good suggestions. That's one way to move forward and improve our backline.

As for Marcelo, asd I said in one of my threads, his days as a starter are counted. I know he has a lot of fanboys over here, but truth has to be said, the boy is costing us a lot games. We're bleeding a lot of points because of him, not only him, there is Ramos too, and Albiol, and Carvalho too, but mainly because of himm

When we play two games and concede 5 goals, an average 2.5 goals per game, even worse those goals are the fruit of only 5 to 7 chacnes by the opposition, then you know our defense suck.

I am not foreseeing anything special here, and neither Arvin. Any Real Madrid level minded supporter have already come to the same conclusions. Benching Marcelo in the last game was not the product of chance.

Besides, according to latest reports, Madrid are already looking for new defensive solutions.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by pepe_el loco Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:29 am

lol makes me wonder if arvin is huntsman
pepe_el loco
pepe_el loco
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:00 am

pepe_el loco wrote:lol makes me wonder if arvin is huntsman

I'll guess I'll put it this way, you know how for every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction [Newton's 3rd Law]?

For every member there is an equal and opposite troll Razz
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:07 am

5 Steps on How to Overhaul our Defense Group_clapping0

but no.

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down