Mr Nick09
FalcaoPunch
The Madrid One
EarlyPrototype
Le Samourai
65 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

"Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema - Page 37 Empty Re: "Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema

Post by The Madrid One Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:45 am

chad4401 wrote:i will only believe benz is back to his complete best, once he start taking long range shots again and taking on defenders more, really dictating the game like his lyon days

i know that hard with cr around but it can be seen that he is making an effort to have more of a presence on the field now, he just needs the signal to unshackle himself and take some risks, i think mou is giving him that signal now
from some of his videos ive seen of him from his lyon days, he really used to score very nice, out of angle out of the box goals frequently, it was signature

wanna see that... latest similar thing to that ive seen was that nice goal against albania

The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

"Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema - Page 37 Empty Re: "Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema

Post by SuperMAG Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:49 am

wow, look how skinny quick light and fast he was, if only he didnt had those injuries and weight problems.

benz with that speed and current maturity in whole play would have been a monster CF. No

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:17 pm

The Madrid One wrote:
chad4401 wrote:i will only believe benz is back to his complete best, once he start taking long range shots again and taking on defenders more, really dictating the game like his lyon days

i know that hard with cr around but it can be seen that he is making an effort to have more of a presence on the field now, he just needs the signal to unshackle himself and take some risks, i think mou is giving him that signal now
from some of his videos ive seen of him from his lyon days, he really used to score very nice, out of angle out of the box goals frequently, it was signature

wanna see that... latest similar thing to that ive seen was that nice goal against albania

Yup.. this was the goal I was talking about. He would never do this with RM , he would always look for a pass.

@TMO - He isn't Van Nistelrooj or Inzaghi in front of goal but the truth is , someone of his talent level dosen't really need to be. Those guys spend their entire lives refining their positioning and finishing skills in and around the penalty area . Benzema is different - he needs to go deep and be involved in link up play to be effective.

I'm not saying that some improvement wouldn't be welcome but I'm just saying that he will never be at the level of those guys as a finisher because he's an entirely different player. Heck even Raul and Ronaldo used to miss easy chances all the time but we understood what type of players they were. TBH even CR misses the same amount of easy chances as Benzema does.

But I agree with one thing though....he really needs to start taking shots from just outside the box. Can't remember the last time he even tried one of those for RM.

@SuperMag - dude he isn't slow- and I gurantee you that the way Vidic was abusing him there will no longer happen today........

Benz jogs alot unlike CR and Di Maria who seem to either walk or sprint.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:42 pm

He does it with France when he gets a chance... you should have seen the freekick he tried against the US. About 30 meters. I have no idea how Howard saved it. It was hard, bending and right in the corner. Howard barely saved it. I'll see if i can dig up a video of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:45 pm

Here it is too. He was sick and tired of people messing it up and just took it himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:54 pm

Great save but better positioning could have made that easier for him.

Decent effort from Karim as well.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:20 pm

as i said before somewhere in this topic, he has great control and accuracy in his shots. yes he is inconsistent in that department, but when he does it, its impossible to stop those shots, even from the tighest angle he will put in the very far post.

I beleave karim, ozil, sahin should take small distance freekicks.

ronaldo can have long distance one, which he can sometimes score or make a deflictive assits with it.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:35 pm

Here's a better video of the freekick, I think it was half-way across the line when Howard stopped it.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by estrella bernabeu Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:56 pm

Karim has something from Ronaldo (R9) in shooting and passing balls. He probably not a pure CF but he really does some Ronaldo trade mark tricks.

Otherwise, the problem in madrid is that there is a lot of tension and pression on players and only self confident and star (CR) will dare to use his all skills. Higuain get rid of this pressure and try to do something original but doable and eventually successful. Karim didn't reach that level he did whith Lyon where he was the star of the attack and obviously of the team.
estrella bernabeu
estrella bernabeu
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:19 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:

Yup.. this was the goal I was talking about. He would never do this with RM , he would always look for a pass.

@TMO - He isn't Van Nistelrooj or Inzaghi in front of goal but the truth is , someone of his talent level dosen't really need to be. Those guys spend their entire lives refining their positioning and finishing skills in and around the penalty area . Benzema is different - he needs to go deep and be involved in link up play to be effective.

I'm not saying that some improvement wouldn't be welcome but I'm just saying that he will never be at the level of those guys as a finisher because he's an entirely different player. Heck even Raul and Ronaldo used to miss easy chances all the time but we understood what type of players they were. TBH even CR misses the same amount of easy chances as Benzema does.

But I agree with one thing though....he really needs to start taking shots from just outside the box. Can't remember the last time he even tried one of those for RM.

@SuperMag - dude he isn't slow- and I gurantee you that the way Vidic was abusing him there will no longer happen today........

Benz jogs alot unlike CR and Di Maria who seem to either walk or sprint.

Completely Agree
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:38 pm

He rarely takes on defenders now days Sad
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:40 pm

cuz he is slow lol, he isnt fast, he has the top speed, but not that amazing acceleration, his explosiveness has been nullified. damn.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:54 pm

Agreed

He really has a low acceleration which limits his dribbling.

R9 was a fast dribbler for the record.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:00 pm

Guys... i watched him almost every game at Lyon. Sure, he was quicker and took a lot more risks when there. But he is a much, much better football player now. He is so strong that you can't push him off the ball without a lot of effort anymore. His balance has improved. His passing has become amazing. He makes a lot better runs. His finishing is actually better. He plays defense and has much better stamina, etc.

Why doesn't he take long range risky shots? Well, why should he. He has one or two of Ozil, CR7, Di Maria, Khedira and Marcelo usually making runs into the box when he has the ball. It's a much better play to get the ball to those guys in prime scoring positions than taking a long distance shot. He's very unselfish and will always give a teammate with a better shot the ball.

At France NT, he has to do a lot more. If you want to see him take those kinds of risks, you'll need to watch France NT games.

Besides, CR7 takes more than enough crazy long distance shots for everyone on the team lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by crazzyblanco Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:11 pm

just wait till cr7 gets injured or something...then we'll see benzema's true potential. Benz is going to carry this team once cr7 is done...right now cr7 is playing in benz's spot..

p.s. i dont want cr7 to get hurt at all
crazzyblanco
crazzyblanco
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:38 am

Clinical goal. Had a good game last night. There were only 3 forwards and Khedira was technically very-challenged... so he only had 2 good opportunities. But worked plenty hard and seemed dangerous with the ball most times.

Becoming a typical Benz performance.... all that was missing was an assist (close a couple of times) and we could've called it the 1+1 Benz special.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:38 am

Best player against Valencia.One of the very best performance of benzema too.His ball retention was extremely good,link up play decision making all was top notch.And what a well taken finish that was,cant make that finish any simpler,excellent.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by estrella bernabeu Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:47 am

sportsczy wrote:

Clinical goal. Had a good game last night. There were only 3 forwards and Khedira was technically very-challenged... so he only had 2 good opportunities. But worked plenty hard and seemed dangerous with the ball most times.

Becoming a typical Benz performance.... all that was missing was an assist (close a couple of times) and we could've called it the 1+1 Benz special.

IDK if we considerate it as an assist, but on the 3rd goal he made a long cross to CR who put it in the net.
estrella bernabeu
estrella bernabeu
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander mahone Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:52 am

Adit wrote:Best player against Valencia.One of the very best performance of benzema too.His ball retention was extremely good,link up play decision making all was top notch.And what a well taken finish that was,cant make that finish any simpler,excellent.

I second this except the link up decision making part, caught him at times took too much time on the ball after receiving the ball in good position & having passing options around him, resulting him ended up got dispossessed.
alexander mahone
alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:59 am

alexander mahone wrote:
Adit wrote:Best player against Valencia.One of the very best performance of benzema too.His ball retention was extremely good,link up play decision making all was top notch.And what a well taken finish that was,cant make that finish any simpler,excellent.

I second this except the link up decision making part, caught him at times took too much time on the ball after receiving the ball in good position & having passing options around him, resulting him ended up got dispossessed.
He got dispossed only 4 times entire match despite having no support from lass and khedira.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:56 pm

Benzema turning around his La Liga stats this year:

10 games
6 starts
4 sub
7 goals, 1 assist
23 shots, 11 shots on target

He's making 30.5% of his shots.... and, when on target, 64% of them are goals. That's Gomez/Higuain/Falcao poaching level stats.

Having a 1.00 or better ratio for goals to starts is fantastic too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:26 pm

Benz was a beast.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahmud002 Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:31 pm

Benzema needs to bang in Hat-trick every week to get his performance appreciated because how good he does some people always find some problem in his performance.

Mahmud002
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:57 pm

Karim: 6 starts , 550 mins, 7 goals , 2 assists, 21 shots.

Messi: 11starts , 1017 mins ,15 goals, 6 assists,70 shots

F**K that's efficent.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:58 pm

Higuain's stats are even more ridiculous... although, just by chance and nothing else as they switch game to game, Benz has started the tougher games so far. That will even out by the end of the season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:02 pm

Benz + Higuain

12 starts, 1132 mins, 18 goals, 2 assists, 46 shots

That is an unreal level of effeicency from the RM strikers

.Unmatched.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next