xabi
pepe_el loco
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I don't get the Casillas criticism Empty I don't get the Casillas criticism

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:11 am

Seriously guys.

The first goal was just a great shot. Nobody stops that. Not Casillas' fault. Only possible criticism is for Ramos... you always play tighter on a forward's strong leg and give more space on the weak one. Also, you always play tighter inside if you have no help and give up a bit more on the outside. He just played his angles slightly wrong. It wasn't much of a slip though and Villa was perfect on the shot.

The second goal was a one-on-one against Messi after the defenders goofed up a bit. Casillas didn't have much of a chance to get his angles right when he came out. Messi wins 90% of those anyhow. As a goaltender though, you never want to get beat near post because there will never be help there. Always give up the diagonal more with the hopes that a defender possibly recovers.

Back to top Go down

I don't get the Casillas criticism Empty Re: I don't get the Casillas criticism

Post by pepe_el loco Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:16 am

i think everyone is too harsh as well on him...in both goals not much he couldve done. maybe the defenders could've done more but not iker....people should lay off him shit he has serve us well and will continue too..
pepe_el loco
pepe_el loco
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:37 am

sportsczy wrote:Seriously guys.

The first goal was just a great shot. Nobody stops that. Not Casillas' fault. Only possible criticism is for Ramos... you always play tighter on a forward's strong leg and give more space on the weak one. Also, you always play tighter inside if you have no help and give up a bit more on the outside. He just played his angles slightly wrong. It wasn't much of a slip though and Villa was perfect on the shot.

The second goal was a one-on-one against Messi after the defenders goofed up a bit. Casillas didn't have much of a chance to get his angles right when he came out. messi wins 90% of those anyhow. As a goaltender though, you never want to get beat near post because there will never be help there. Always give up the diagonal more with the hopes that a defender possibly recovers.

1. Casillas had a poor positioing for the first goal. You could see that Villa was going to try to bend it in 1or 2 seconds before he accually shot the ball. Great finish nevertheles

2. Casillas never saves a shot from mesi. You already knew it was a goal before he even finished. I never understood why thats the case, even Almunia saved alot of Messis shots and one on one this year at camp nou. I dont know why Casillas always seem to have such a problems against the guy. Pisses me off

Casillas is rated best goal keeper in the world. Ofcourse you can expect more from him.
But anyway Im not going as far as Huntman saying he needs to be replaced. That is out of the question. But seriously it feels like Valdes has surpassed good ol' Iker at this stage.
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:43 am

With all due respect, no way xabi.

The shot was a strong dipping shot that went right below the crossbar and right in the corner. unless Casillas was standing on his goal line, there's no way he makes that save. And he was shading that side... just coming a bit forward so he could cut off the angle in case Villa decided to go near post. Perfect positioning.

On the second one, the goaltender had to react in a split second to a defensive mistake. Sure, he wasn't in an ideal position... but that was because the ball dropped at Messi's feet through 3 defenders and he was already in the box (or close to it when that happened). You don't have the chance to check your bearings. You just come out and do your best + hope to get lucky. He was actually protecting against the nutmeg and Messi went near post.

No way you can expect any goaltender to make those saves, best in the world or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:48 am

casillas not only in this game but in the preseason games pissed me off with his usually very poor positioning and reading of the attack, not to mention there will always be a scapegoat for him. i mean in a game of this magnitude you just have to expect one or two throughballs/attacks that gets past our defense, its then up to the keeper to try and stop the leftovers, in this game and the preseason ones he has been conceeding the only shots that are thrown towards him, maybe he is not motivated enough i dont know, maybe we should do like we did to ramos by staring adan in a couple of games, maybe then he will finally find his senses.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:07 am

Casillas' main weakness isn't positioning though, never was to begin with. It has and would always be set pieces particularly corners. I always cringe whenever a corner comes in. Also, he tends to be pretty unsettled before a match. Been asking Real Madrid to give him a shot of their finest Spanish wine to settle his nerves but alas, it has been ignored.

Casillas could have done nothing with the frist shot. Villa got everything perfect with that one. The swerve, dip and pace was just about perfect to beat any keeper. The 2nd one, however, probably would have me wondering but I hardly see Messi miss 1 v 1 so I don't know how exactly to approach such things.

Now allow me to say this, criticising Casillas is one of the rather tentative things to do as a Real Madrid fan. This isn't the Benzema/Higuain/Ronaldo sort of arguments, this one is really a thin ice issue. The man is loved unconditionally by all (almost) Madridistas so if you find men who wouldn't take such criticisms as just and fair, you've been warned...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:21 am

great shot , not even ramos fault.
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:02 am

we are so selfish that we cant even admit that barca players were great on both goals, and give credit where credit is due.

Two wonderful goals. Had it been Ronaldo on the second goal against valdes, no one here would have been insulting valdes, singing about how shitty he is, but it would have been all about ronaldo. Same with villa's goal, if it was Di maria, we would be thinking, "kid has a great shot, top 5 wingers? yes please".

people sound as if the game was all about us... we had world class forwards facing us, guys who are on top of the game, european champions, that they can score wonder goals against casillas isnt a miracle. Villa did the same against the ice rabbit, and his reputation isnt tarnished; Ronaldo owned Khan and he is still one of the greatest.

But no, It's RM, and the ego of some is so big they cant see further than their own nose. I heard no one complaining when Casillas kept us alive during the clasico series, but now he is sh1t...oh well
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:18 am

Messi's goal wasn't wonderful though. Just good determination and a typical finish. Good goal nonetheless...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:56 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:we are so selfish that we cant even admit that barca players were great on both goals, and give credit where credit is due.

Two wonderful goals. Had it been Ronaldo on the second goal against valdes, no one here would have been insulting valdes, singing about how shitty he is, but it would have been all about ronaldo. Same with villa's goal, if it was Di maria, we would be thinking, "kid has a great shot, top 5 wingers? yes please".

people sound as if the game was all about us... we had world class forwards facing us, guys who are on top of the game, european champions, that they can score wonder goals against casillas isnt a miracle. Villa did the same against the ice rabbit, and his reputation isnt tarnished; Ronaldo owned Khan and he is still one of the greatest.

But no, It's RM, and the ego of some is so big they cant see further than their own nose. I heard no one complaining when Casillas kept us alive during the clasico series, but now he is sh1t...oh well

this, the ego of some fans is indeed way out there its football shit happen to any team, yeah it hurt more when its our team but once you have a good understanding of the game, such harsh criticism is deemed unnecessary unless its becomes a trend
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:17 am

Casillas couldnt have done anything about the first goal, but the second he should have done better. Overall, OK, but not a WC performance. Willing to forgive him though, this is Iker who has saved us loads of times. Our captain.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:37 am

People always seem to forget why Casillas was and will remain our number one.

Casillas really had no involvement in the game besides the 2 goals which really came out of the blue, I mean c'mon the chances of pepe slipping. Messi is simply a master in 1 on 1 situations. If casillas would have saved that chance everyone wont even remember it because its normal for casillas to pull those kinds of saves. It happened though unfortunately.

Its also THE beginning of the season, I still think casillas didn't have a proper game to regain his form, even yesterday. Let's wait till the season begins, you will see the saves, you wont remember them because its Saint Iker.
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:41 am

Casillas makes a ton of mistakes. He is a "good" goalkeeper, but honestly, he makes too many mistakes for me, or most people who watch him without bandwagoning him because everyone claims he is the best to consider him the best in the world.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:44 am

That this is even being discussed is ridiculous. He wasn't at fault for either goals.

He was the sole reason we won against Barca in Copa Del Rey ... One worldclass save after the other.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:53 am

Senor Penguin wrote:That this is even being discussed is ridiculous. He wasn't at fault for either goals.

He was the sole reason we won against Barca in Copa Del Rey ... One worldclass save after the other.

I personally thought he performed better in the CL 2nd leg than in the Copa Del Rey....

But hey that's just me on the topic he tends to get criticism because people know of the godlike performances he can perform and when he does'nt live up to his own very lofty standards he gets criticism....

Such is life i suppose.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:02 pm

Only people on Casillas's case are trolls, bandwagoners and Buffon nuthuggers.

LOL

Iker is not beyond criticism but he really didn't do anything worth criticizing.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:06 pm

goal 1: villa's shot was godly quick, godly accurate, with a godly dip
-no one is at fault here imo

goal 2: khedira did all he could.. messi bounced off him gaining momentum - freak of nature but its messi. pepe slipped. messi is going to score 1v1 with that much space regardless of a keeper or brick wall.
-cant really blame anyone here either imo

what the real problem is, was our wastefulness in front of our opponents goal. - could have done better to put this game away long before their 2 goals.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:07 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:That this is even being discussed is ridiculous. He wasn't at fault for either goals.

I personally thought he performed better in the CL 2nd leg than in the Copa Del Rey....

But hey that's just me on the topic he tends to get criticism because people know of the godlike performances he can perform and when he does'nt live up to his own very lofty standards he gets criticism....

Such is life i suppose.
He has had some sh*tty moments the last couple of seasons but to blame him for the goals yesterday is just ridiculous. Especially Villa's shot ... Regardless who the GK is, those kind of shots with such accuracy and power are saved once or twice during a season. Pretty impossible to pull it off on a regular basis.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:20 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:we are so selfish that we cant even admit that barca players were great on both goals, and give credit where credit is due.

This has nothing to do with ego, and none is calling Casillas shit, he is getting critisiced for having a shitty game which he had aswell. He isn't bad against Barca, nothing mental is stopping him, he was great in CdR and 2nd leg Camp Nou. He just lacks concentration, whenever he isn't getting bombarded he just lets goals get in cheaply...

It can cost you sometimes, but also reward you. He is inconsistent, but still the best when he is in his "godmode".

Plus, the only goal Barca deserves credit was Villas, the 2nd one was shitty and pure luck, had our defenders not been so sloppy it could have been a different scoreline.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:25 pm

But Casillas didn't have a shitty game...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:29 pm

Well, it was defiently not his best. He didn't get challanged enough for me to judge, but when he did it went bad rather than good.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:33 pm

Villa scored an amazing goal against Casillas, and the second one was a 1v1, which the keeper is 60% going to lose. On top of it, he was facing arguably the best finisher in the world in messi,

why put the blame on Casillas? it's a bit ridiculous imo.

And now madridistas are saying "valdes is actually pretty good" when the same people were calling him shit all season long when arguing vs barca fans.

people have their priorities twisted imo
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:37 pm

Valdes is shit myth wasn't shared only by madristas, alot of critics said Valdes was the weak point of Barca... I did agree upon one time, but he has impressed me alot lately.

Plus, he lost 1v1 against a fat, not match-fit Messi which he shouldn't. Messi clearly wasn't match fit becouse other than that we can pretty much agree he was invisiable the rest of the match.

Casillas should have stopped that shot.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:40 pm

1v1 situation doesnt care about whether you are match fit or not ffs, messi excels at it, it's his thing. How often does he own keepers on 1v1? he is great at it, he scores at least 20 like that every season.

When ronaldo scores FKs, we dont say that the keeper is retarded do we?

messi is a ridiculous finisher, when van gol owns the keeper we drool about how skillful he is, is it so hard to admit the same about messi? it's a craft
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:04 pm

I think he could have reacted quicker and closed Messi down earlier, but that goal had luck written all over it. From Khedira's scuffed attempted clearance to Messi helping Pepe down.

Casillas was the less busier of the two goal keepers and surely deserved his clean sheet, hope he gets it two days from now.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next